Tom Parker Bowles & Sara Buys 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
who are the two girls in Harry´s car?who´s the girl next to him?

no official photos??

I"m sorry she looks like a stuffed sausage. Maybe it's the camera angles.

liv said:
who are the two girls in Harry´s car?who´s the girl next to him?
One of the girl is Laura i'm not too sure abot the girl next to Harry.

Camilla's outfit looks nice and appropriate (in ice-blue). However, there is a feeling she has hit on a formula and everything formal she wears from now on will be a variation of these two outfits -- silk coats with embroidery, coat over floaty dress, large hat with cut-away feathers, and that feathery hair concoction! It looked good Camilla, now move onto something different!
(I must admit she only does this for official, formal events, she has been wearing her usual dowdy stuff in more private circumstances, i.e. going to chuch during her honeymoon in Scotland where she wore a fussy red suit)

I love the bride's hair and veil. I loved her loose hair pull back do and thought it was very flattering to her. That's about it. I know it sounds a bit harsh.

Her dress seems a bit hit and miss to me. In some angles it looks fabulous but in others just plain awful. In the pics taken at night her dress looks like its glow in the dark, to me that makes it look cheap. I think the effect was meant to be flattering. Amist this dress I could barely notice the pewny little boquet, I think she had more flowers in her hair. Her makeup is very heavy I'm guessing it was done that way for the pics but my goodness the heavy eyemakeup makes me think she's a teenager just experimenting. Her jewlery, where was it? No necklace? On that dress an open neck a necklace could have worked nicely although with the flowers and pins in the hair it could have been to much. I'm dissapointed I wanted to see glorious jewels, not just tiny little earings. Her shoes looked nice but seemed a little out of place in the rain, they were open toe, sort of a sandal with heels. Must have been uncomfortable for her. I really didn't notice her new husband in the pics so I guess thats a good thing.

I would have liked to see Laura' dress, but I can't find any shots. I think she's a pretty girl, but I could already see that the shoes and the dress she was wearing under that coat were not a good combination.

To me it looked like Camilla was wearing one of her wedding suits again. I didn't like it. Her hat looked the same as her wedding hat to just a different colour. What is going on??? I think that when other members or guests wear white it takes away from the bride especially in photos. :(

Last edited:
Her dress was terrible, it was incredibly unflattering and as for that skirt, what was she thinking?

Pictures from Ian Jones

Attachments

• eftpb.jpg
    eftpb.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 948
  • ixbridesmaids.jpg
    ixbridesmaids.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,472
  • nwed12a.jpg
    nwed12a.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,731
  • eflauraparkerbowles.jpg
    eflauraparkerbowles.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 5,842
  • efbng3.jpg
    efbng3.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,132
  • efkatieelliott.jpg
    efkatieelliott.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,030
auntie said:
Look at Harry's expression,(he is looking at camilla) I wonder what the Wale boys think at such occasions?!

Don't rip my head off for this but
I think Harry's thinking "Your not my mother, how did this happen?"

Veronica said:
Hummmm, I meant I liked Sara's dress, not Laura's. Laura's makes me think of an insect costume in a school play. I don't get this green shiny coat that looks like folded bug wings over the pale blue skirt. All she needs is a hat with antennae. Sorry!
hahahahahaha!

....folded bug wings.....shiny green coat.... too funny....antennae... oh my... yes too too funny...:D :p

Tom Parker Bowles wed his girlfriend Editors Sara Buys
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/09/12/parkerbowles/

parkerbowles-dop1a.jpg

parkerbowles-dop2a.jpg

parkerbowles-dop3a.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I was at the wedding on Saturday. The Malsters Arms is my local.

Tom came in with a few of his mates and had a drink and watched some of the cricket upstairs with the landlord. I spoke to him a bit, really nice down to earth guy.

Anyway, the bride looked stunning in the flesh, photos do not do her justice and Camilla wore blue.

Last edited by a moderator:
You spoke to him??? can you recap the conversation? i'd love to hear it.

btw, i really liked the brides hair. very bohemian. but the rest of her get up leaves a bit to be desired.

I love the hair and the veil, but not the dress. I don't like the way the bottom part flares out, yet the tulle underneath still hangs straight. Had it looked more like the dress CP Maxima wore in the Vanity Fair Young Royals spread it would have been prettier, IMHO.

I like some parts.....not others. I don't really know what to think. It's a little too modern for me to fully "get" I do think she wore too much eyeliner though. I loved the flowers in her hair!

I think the dress wasn't that bad. I loved the veil and the flowers. The shape wasn't too bad. But the think the mermaid type flounce at the bottom was too short and too tight. A looser one and about 1/2 meter more material at the bottom would have made it more symetrical. Plus I think the body of the dress needed something. I was too much of a plain expanse. But in all I think it was a unique design and a good dress.

auntie said:
Look at Harry's expression,(he is looking at camilla) I wonder what the Wale boys think at such occasions?!

How do you know that Harry is looking directly and exactly at Camilla? He could be looking at something in front of her or behind her.

Weren't William and Tom friends at one point? I remember stories of the two of them partying together while William was at Eton. So I imagine that this wedding was as much about a friend of William's getting married as it being his step-brother's wedding.

I think Sara's dress is fittingly young and modern. Also, as she is not royal and does not have to follow stricter protocols about what may be appropriate or inappropriate attire for a wedding, she has more liberties in her wedding attire.

I liked the mermaid thing she had going. It isn't for anyone and I probably wouldn't choose it for myself, but it seems to fit in with Sara's personality and her lifestyle. And as it's her day, that's what counts.

"Weren't William and Tom friends at one point? I remember stories of the two of them partying together while William was at Eton. So I imagine that this wedding was as much about a friend of William's getting married as it being his step-brother's wedding"

I'm not sure about William and Tom, but Harry and Tom are friends, after all it was Tom who allegedly introduced Harry to drugs for the first time. They have been known to go out together to some of the clubs/bars in London.

I really love her dress.It's unique and who knew it would have lead to Kate wanting Sara Burton to design her dress.

At first, I wasn't crazy about the dress. I was thinking "another strapless wedding gown." But over time, I've realized that it is very haute couture and it had to be cut, fitted and worn just right for it to work (Mariah Carey wore a black version of the gown at an event and it wasn't very flattering). While strapless maybe a bit revealing for a country church, I loved how the very modern dress was paired with a traditional veil. The lace veil and the flowers and dragonfly barrette in the hair were my favorite part. The way the veil draped over the shoulders like a shawl somehow made it modestly appropriate for a church wedding.

I didn't mind the strapless, but, it would have been nice if it fit her. It was "haute tight" around her mid section. Notice, Kate, didn't look like a stuffed sausage. This woman did. I remember another one of her creations for the Charles/Camilla wedding, also disgusting.

Why are Tom P.-B. and Sarah treated like royals?

They have practically nothing to do with the Royals.

Back
Top Bottom