Queen Silvia Jewels 3: Jan 2016 - Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a beautiful set. Both ladies have great taste.

Close up. At this close up it doesn't look beautiful at all.
https://www.profimedia.cz/data/image-large-preview/1/0350208644/profimedia-0350208644.jpg

I have read some posts on the royal jewels message board that these pearls look fake.
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Sweden Dinner
I don't know where people get there opinion from - if you look at the close-up you can see the tiny spots on the pearls which are a clear proof that they are natural!

In the thread at Royal Jewels of the World Message Board it seems that lilian also worn the necklece
Photo of Silvia wearing the necklace

I like the blue jacket in the last photograph listed above and I think that the modern pin clashes with the jacket detail. Queen Silvia wears too much jewellery like the British and the Dutch queens. Too much jewellery can kill the outfit and it can wear the woman.

I don’t think she wears too much jewelry at all. She looks very elegant and I do appreciate the wearing of brooches, especially the one with the green suit.

Queen Silvia wears too much jewellery like the British and the Dutch queens.

I am not sure I would compare the amount of jewellery worn by the British and Dutch queens in the same sentence. :flowers:

And IMO, even the Dutch Queen, bless her, whilst she does like to wear a fair few items, has the presence to ensure that she always wears the jewellery, as opposed to the jewellery wearing her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say - nothing beats Q. Silvia and the Leuchtenbergs - this is such a beautiful parure - and a perfect match. Not sure that CP Victoria will be able to do the same - I feel other pieces are better for her...

The Connaught Tiara suits queen Silvia the best and is really a queens tiara.

Her jewellery choice is a bit disappointing. She wears the nine prongs tiara for the third Nobel awards in a row. And that gown with it's nude colour would have been great with some coloured stones, like the Leuchtenberg sapphires. The neckline of the gown doesn't call for a big necklace, so the sapphire tiara would have been a nice option to add some colour.

Her jewellery choice is a bit disappointing. She wears the nine prongs tiara for the third Nobel awards in a row. And that gown with it's nude colour would have been great with some coloured stones, like the Leuchtenberg sapphires. The neckline of the gown doesn't call for a big necklace, so the sapphire tiara would have been a nice option to add some colour.

The pink topaz demi-Parure would also have mathched the colour of the gown perfect.

The pink topaz demi-Parure would also have mathched the colour of the gown perfect.
The pink stones would have been perfect, but I'm not sure that a big necklace would have worked too well with the neckline of that gown. It would have interfered with the embroidery, I think.

But thinking about it again, I think it also would have looked good with the cameo tiara. Alas, that one seems to have gone lost after Victoria's wedding.

The pink stones would have been perfect, but I'm not sure that a big necklace would have worked too well with the neckline of that gown. It would have interfered with the embroidery, I think.

But thinking about it again, I think it also would have looked good with the cameo tiara. Alas, that one seems to have gone lost after Victoria's wedding.

Yes even if a neckalce would have worn over the Top asee through part of the gown the embrodery would have been in the way. As for the Cameo tiara i have given up my hope that Silvia will wear it again. But then she couild loan it to Victoria from time to time.

Last edited:
I am disappointed too - I have so much hoped for the Leuchtenberg. Starting to think - maybe it is a matter of weight and the party antlers are more convenient to wear???

Im really dissapointed to see the 9 Prong Tiara (the 3rd time in a row) but i guess this Tiara is easy to wear

Butn Silvia herself said that the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara is also easy to wear. Perhaps we will see it timorrow. If it s weight issue i wonder why she does not wear the Cut Steel tiara more often. She once siad that is very light like snowflakes.

My least favourite Swedish tiara and kind of tired of seeing at the Nobels but I guess it could be classed as 'Festive Looking' ;)

The diadem never fails to deliver in it's core business: magic sparkle. I have never liked the design, but we need to keep in our mind that ethetics was not always the leading motif behind royal jewels.

The diadem never fails to deliver in it's core business: magic sparkle. I have never liked the design, but we need to keep in our mind that ethetics was not always the leading motif behind royal jewels.

For me it is not as much the design but more that ui think it is overused by Silvia. We see it again and again and again and again. Not like in her younger years when she alternated more between the different tiaras which are availible to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom