The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2018, 06:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The Baden Fringe Tiara is one I associate with Crown Princess Victoria or Princess Christina had forgotten that the queen too wears it from time to time.
Seldom does Queen Silva wear this tiara. And yes, when I see this tiara, I associate it with CP Victoria. It's definitely CP Victoria's signature tiara.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
She wore it at a state visit to Germany in October 2016.
And at the centenary in Finland in June 2017.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

If my count is correct, Silvia hasn't worn this tiara from 2001 (State Visit to Russia) till 2016 (Return Banquet in Germany). And this is now the third time that Queen Silvia wears the Baden fringe within the past three years. It seems that she has rediscovered it for herself. Curiously, Victoria started wearing the Baden fringe in 2001, if I'm not mistaken (Wedding of Hakon and Mette-Marit). Maybe the Queen left it exclusively to Victoria for a couple of years. And now that Victoria has the laurel tiara to herself and wears so many other tiaras from the collection, Silvia returns to wearing the fringe. But in any way, the fringe looked great on Silvia, and it's such a nice change from the constantly worn five prongs tiara.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
If my count is correct, Silvia hasn't worn this tiara from 2001 (State Visit to Russia) till 2016 (Return Banquet in Germany). And this is now the third time that Queen Silvia wears the Baden fringe within the past three years. It seems that she has rediscovered it for herself. Curiously, Victoria started wearing the Baden fringe in 2001, if I'm not mistaken (Wedding of Hakon and Mette-Marit). Maybe the Queen left it exclusively to Victoria for a couple of years. And now that Victoria has the laurel tiara to herself and wears so many other tiaras from the collection, Silvia returns to wearing the fringe. But in any way, the fringe looked great on Silvia, and it's such a nice change from the constantly worn five prongs tiara.
Agree!! It looks really nice on Silvia!!!
Old 12-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I sincerely hope that queen Silvia would follow the tradition which is written at the court website on the article of the wedding of crown prince Gustaf and Victoria av Baden
"In the gift of their parents, the young bride had received a necklace of 47 brilliant-cut diamonds. This piece of jewelry could also be compiled into a diadem, the so-called stråldiademet (Baden Fringe Tiara). Queen Victoria wore it often, and it is a tradition that this particular is tiara worn by Sweden's Crown Princess. Crown Princess Victoria has carried over the tradition and wears stråldiademet often."
Kronprins Gustaf (blivande Gustaf V) och Prinsessan Victoria av Baden - Sveriges Kungahus

According to Göran Alm, Queen Victoria wrote in her will, that the diadem should primarily be worn by the crown princess of the country. Alm writes this at one of his books.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Serene Highness

The Queen looks regal and majestic in the Baden Fringe Tiara. Especially with that hairstyle :) I don't have anything against seeing Silvia and Victoria sharing it from now on :) Princess Lilian wore it a lot too even since Victoria came of age :)
Old 12-18-2018, 10:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia's jewellery today
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
https://files.svenskdam.se/uploads/f...960x1030-c.jpg

Svensk Damtidning's article about queen Silvia's tiaras and jewellery
Se bilderna! Allt om drottning Silvias juveler _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

The necklace queen Silvia wore this week:
She has had it for instance at the Polar Music Prize in 2008.

Lilian seems to have worn the same necklace and earrings in 2000 on her 85th birthday.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:30 PM
Majesty

Wow, it really is Christmas! The brooch is a work of art and her black pearl necklace with its one central enormous creamy white pearl echoed by her stunning single pearl and diamond earrings which seem on a par with Elizabeth's pearl and diamond earrings are absolutely luscious.
Old 12-22-2018, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Well spotted its a gorgeous piece and obviously has sentiment having belonged to the late Duchess of Halland.
Old 12-22-2018, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Lilian seems to have worn the same necklace and earrings in 2000 on her 85th birthday.
According to newspaper reports at the time Lilian left Silvia a pearl necklace with rubies, emeralds and sapphires.
Could it be this one? I'm really bad at recognising different stones.

Correction - It wasn't that necklace.
Old 12-23-2018, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
According to newspaper reports at the time Lilian left Silvia a pearl necklace with rubies, emeralds and sapphires.

Isnt't that the scarab necklace.

Old 12-23-2018, 03:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Isnt't that the scarab necklace.
Yes, it is. I'd totally forgotten about it since we never see it. Has the Queen ever worn it?
Old 12-23-2018, 10:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Silvia wore it back in 2002 as well.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:32 AM
Majesty

It is a beautiful set. Both ladies have great taste.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia's necklace at the delivery of scholarship yesterday
https://scontent-dfw5-2.cdninstagram...ninstagram.com
https://scontent-dfw5-2.cdninstagram...ninstagram.com
Old 02-19-2019, 05:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
Close up. At this close up it doesn't look beautiful at all.
https://www.profimedia.cz/data/image...0350208644.jpg

I have read some posts on the royal jewels message board that these pearls look fake.
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Sweden Dinner
I don't know where people get there opinion from - if you look at the close-up you can see the tiny spots on the pearls which are a clear proof that they are natural!
In the thread at Royal Jewels of the World Message Board it seems that lilian also worn the necklece
Photo of Silvia wearing the necklace
Old 03-07-2019, 08:54 AM
Majesty

I am looking for a good photo of Silvia from Sverige dinner 2018

this is what i found but iam looking for a better photo of the clasp on the necklace http://members2.boardhost.com/royal-...551443738.html
Old 05-26-2019, 05:08 PM
Nobility

I like the blue jacket in the last photograph listed above and I think that the modern pin clashes with the jacket detail. Queen Silvia wears too much jewellery like the British and the Dutch queens. Too much jewellery can kill the outfit and it can wear the woman.
Old 05-26-2019, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I don’t think she wears too much jewelry at all. She looks very elegant and I do appreciate the wearing of brooches, especially the one with the green suit.