Queen Mathilde Jewels 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soapstar

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Hermosa Beach
Country
United States
255px-Alliance_Coat_of_Arms_of_King_Philippe_and_Queen_Mathilde.svg.png

Combined arms of the King and Queen of the Belgians

Welcome to Queen Mathilde Jewels Thread, Part 2

Commencing January 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice to see it again and that's a long time since we've seen it and I had forgotten about it.

Not as grand as the Windsor Pearl chokers but a nice piece.

Is anything known about its provenance? A piece from her own family perhaps?

It is absolutely not the same.
Yesterday she wore a pearl choker she never wore since 12 years . This is a silver (?) choker with something on the middle'.

It is absolutely not the same.
Yesterday she wore a pearl choker she never wore since 12 years . This is a silver (?) choker with something on the middle'.

Correct its a completely different Pearl choker but no other information on its origins.

Was the new ring a gift from Oman?

Its a new ring and they were on a visit to Oman not that unusual to recieve a gift.

IIRC we first saw her wearing that ring since she landed and got off the plane (before greeted the host), so unless Oman gifted it to her in advance (which isn't an usual practice) I don't think it's a gift from the host.

IIRC we first saw her wearing that ring since she landed and got off the plane (before greeted the host), so unless Oman gifted it to her in advance (which isn't an usual practice) I don't think it's a gift from the host.

I was going by the article which said the queen had been wearing it since the Oman-UAE visit but if it was worn before the visit then it wasn't a host gift.

I don't believe it was a host gift. Hosts almost always present necklaces and earrings, but I can't remember when a Royal spouse received a ring from a host country.

Rings are pretty personal and familial.

Mathilde had a birthday in January and a wedding anniversary a month before that in December. Maybe that is where the ring is from.

Mathilde had a birthday in January and a wedding anniversary a month before that in December. Maybe that is where the ring is from.
Perhaps it was indeed a birthday/wedding anniversary or Christmas present.

Would Queen Mathilde's pink diamond ring be considered tourmaline jewelry?

Does anyone recognise the necklace Mathilde is wearing?

Yes was wondering that too,does it belong to her mother in law?

The Belgian queen is wearing the smallest tiara tonight!

Back
Top Bottom