Princess Märtha Louise Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
if you notice in these pictures of Martha she is wearing the diamond earings that Mette-Marit wore on her wedding day and has since worn on a large number of occassions
They are really beautiful and they look great on everyone who wears them!
I don't think those earrings originally belonged to any parure or sonmething .
I cannet remember seeing pictures of Crown Princess Märtha or Queen Maud wearing them.

Probably those earrings were a gift for Princess Sonja.
Here is a picture of her wearing them during her very early Princess-years (around the late 60s).
Kronprinsesse Sonja
(KnudsensFotosenter)

Last edited:
can someone tell me more about the necklace
i think i have seen sonja wear it before

can someone tell me more about the necklace
i think i have seen sonja wear it before
No, I cannot remeber Queen Sonja ever wearing this necklace.
I think it belongs to Märtha Louise's personal collection.

She also wore for for the birthdaygala of her father last year (with a light blue gown.. it matched perfectly!)

Märtha 2007

I really love that necklace and those earring a lot. I would love to know where she bought them. They are a fun mix of modern, with a touch of regal in them, in terms of the setting.

I have always found Princess Martha to be the most natrually beautiful born princess around...:wub:

They look like aquamarines to me too. They are very beautiful.

Which necklace is ML wearing there?

It almost looks like the vifte, but I don't think it is.

Borrowed from mum, or in her own collection?

It is her own and she wears it sometimes. For example klast year at the ball for her fathers 70th birthday.

Last edited by a moderator:
:) It is perhaps off topic, but may I ask nevertheless this question: Do you think that Queens, Princesses..... are also wearing "style jewelry", i.e. jewelry made from other materials than silver, gold, real pearls and precious stones.... or do you think that the style jewelry (Mode-Schmuck) is considered as "Kitsch"? I would be interested in your opinion and thank you in advance.

Well, I do know that Diana did enjoy wearing lots of "fake" jewelry, and she wore it with such finesse no one ever knew if it was fake or not. I'd say that some the princesses do wear fake, but we'll never know what it or isnt'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad she was there, her tiara is beautiful.

I like this delicate tiara too. I also loved her earrings!

The tiara is lovely, she is the only one princess who got a new brand tiara, no?

:previous:
Martha Louise's tiara is quite nice but a fairly modest piece. It's not dripping in diamonds. :D

^^
Well at least she owns it, that's more than other princesses have.

Back
Top Bottom