German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soapstar

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Hermosa Beach
Country
United States
320px-Austro-hungarian_coat_of_arms_1914.svg.png
243px-Wappen_Deutsches_Reich_-_Reichswappen_%28Mittleres%29.svg.png

Arms of The Austro-Hungarian Empire and of the German Empire

Welcome to the German and Austrian Royal and Noble Jewels Thread, Part 2

Commencing January 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
On Historical Royal Jewels a Poster send a Picture of the Jewels in their boxes of Archduchess Elisabeth , Daughter of Archduke Rodolphe and Archduchess Stéphanie, she received for her Wedding with Prince Otto of Windish Graetz.
No one jewel is left now but I think her diamond Starry Cross must be back to the Order.
The Great Mistress was Empress Zita and I think she loan the jewel to Archduchess Regina for her Wedding day in Nancy.

On Historical Royal Jewels a Poster send a Picture of the Jewels in their boxes of Archduchess Elisabeth , Daughter of Archduke Rodolphe and Archduchess Stéphanie, she received for her Wedding with Prince Otto of Windish Graetz.
No one jewel is left now but I think her diamond Starry Cross must be back to the Order.
The Great Mistress was Empress Zita and I think she loan the jewel to Archduchess Regina for her Wedding day in Nancy.

The Red Archduchess?

I'd imagine there was nothing left after the Russians ransacked her property in 1945.

The Red Archduchess?

I'd imagine there was nothing left after the Russians ransacked her property in 1945.
On the contrary Elisabeth had a lot of heirlooms (i don't know if that included jewellery) left which she left to the State of Austrian because she felt that Imperial property shouldn't be sold at auction into foreign hands.

On the contrary Elisabeth had a lot of heirlooms (i don't know if that included jewellery) left which she left to the State of Austrian because she felt that Imperial property shouldn't be sold at auction into foreign hands.

I thought that amounted to art work,books and furnishings?
Maybe she had hid her jewels from the Reds.

:previous: It's such a pity to see this gorgeous tiara being sold off. But the pictures and the video are so stunning, it's such a perfectly beautiful jewel! I think it hasn't been seen in public since the Würtemberg-Wied pre-wedding ball in 1993.

Pricness Lily zu Sayn.Wittgenstein.Berleburg wore the smaller of the Schaumburg-Lippe diamond tiaras when she was awarded the Orderof the Amaranth. Also present Fürstin Mahkameh wearing the palmette tiara and sapphire necklace from the Schaumburg-Lippe collection. https://www.instagram.com/p/CdV9J5wKdv4/

Great to see tiaras these tiaras still in use...

There is also a pic of princess Lily in her gown https://www.instagram.com/p/CdUOHtwKxtC/.
It's lovely to see those jewels worn. I must say that the smaller diamond tiara puzzles me. It has been worn by Lilly's sister at the last Schaumburg wedding, but never have I seen it on any other family member. I'd love to know more about it's history. Is it really a Schaumburg-Lippe tiara?

The Furstenberg tiara, set in gold and silver, went for about 2 million Swiss francs. Therefore, it must have been made with really good quality diamonds and pearls.

:previous: I am fascinated that Count Albrecht is connected to the Szechenyis.
My mother met Countess Ferdinandine in Washington, D.C.
The interior of the sanctuary of the Catholic church is exceedingly elaborate.
Princess Anna's tiara is a showpiece!

Tiara worn at Mecklenburg-Strelitz wedding:

https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/meck...in-Neustrelitz-getraut,hochzeitherzog100.html

I wonder if it is a historical heirloom of the family or just a borrowed tiara for the wedding?
There are no pictures that I know of, of the groom's closer relatives wearing this, or any tiara. So it's very difficult to say, but imho the bridal tiara does not at all look old. And having lost so much property at the end of WWII, the family probably wasn't able to keep heirloom jewels. But whether borrowed or recently bought is equally difficult to say.

Tiara worn at Mecklenburg-Strelitz wedding:

https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/meck...in-Neustrelitz-getraut,hochzeitherzog100.html

I wonder if it is a historical heirloom of the family or just a borrowed tiara for the wedding?
I think it was borrowed. Tiffany’s wasn’t the jeweler German royals and nobles typically bought from. That’s MO.

:previous: I am fascinated that Count Albrecht is connected to the Szechenyis.
My mother met Countess Ferdinandine in Washington, D.C.
The interior of the sanctuary of the Catholic church is exceedingly elaborate.
Princess Anna's tiara is a showpiece!
He’s also a Vanderbilt and second cousin of Anderson Cooper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I missing something? Where does it say Tiffany's?
Did I misread something? I thought the designer was Tiffany’s. Maybe I misread? I don’t know why i saw Tiffany’s.

Well, I didn't find any mention of the tiara or designer, let alone about a jewellery house in that article.

Maybe they just don't need these tiaras anymore. Apparently, a lot of titled families no longer have tiaras or important collections of silver.
Indeed, I read that the last Duchess of Grafton, Mistress of the Robes to Queen Elizabeth II, used to borrow a tiara from her niece the Countess of Verulam and that this borrowed tiara had come to the Countess through a grandmother who had been the daughter of a tycoon.

Yes and it is the second tiara they have sold since last year. It is unfortunate but hopefully someone who buys it will use it.

There are no more tiara events, except maybe weddings, so they probably opted for selling jewels after the death of Princess Paula.

Back
Top Bottom