Crown Princess Mary Jewellery 3: June 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen one, but I think there is a aqua ring.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
great photo,Princess of Europe, thank you! i thought that lovely earings had a nice necklace like the rubies, i don't know why i thoughtthat1 the wedding tiara is any very close up photo, i really i don't see any stones or my eyes are bad? it look just the metal, is any better photo out there!

Yes, the pearl and aquamarine chocker and diamond and aquamarine earrings are very fine and classy. I haven't seen her wearing it of late, was it a loan? or a gift?

Yes, the pearl and aquamarine chocker and diamond and aquamarine earrings are very fine and classy. I haven't seen her wearing it of late, was it a loan? or a gift?

These were a gift from Prince Frederik. She wore them first during the engagement period.

wonderful jewels much more elegant than the ruby parure IMO
the ruby tiara is coarse, i don't like it at all, this tiara is smaller but finest and it looks really like a tiara

You might have liked the ruby tiara better before it was altered. It was originally more of a wreath style, sort of open at the front like the rubies of the Queen of Greece. It was later combined with a couple of matching brooches to create the current look, which is more typical of floral massings in tiara form, but it is somehow a bit too cluttered, yes.

is any photo of the old version?

I really love Mary's jewels, but this time the tiara is wrong for Mary.:):previous:

This saphire brooch is absolutely beautiful. Is this the first time she has worn it since Prince Christian's christening?

This saphire brooch is absolutely beautiful. Is this the first time she has worn it since Prince Christian's christening?

No, the Crown Princess also wore the brooch to the christening of Prince Sverre Magnus.

Thank you kindly, Madame Royale :flowers: Hopefully, the Crown Princess will begin wearing this lovely piece more often.

It is a beautiful brooch, didn't Mary wear it with the Chrisitan Christining last year after new year?
x

the brooch is beautiful, the dress also, but not together, the dress is too dark to be weared with a saphire :nonono:

I am so crazy for this brooch. I only wish she wore it more. She looks Soooo elegant!!

Mary wore it for the first time at Christian's christening yes. You can see a more detailed picture of the brooch here royal-jewelry.dk - Private smykker (curtesy of Bjarne Steen Jensen, the expert in Danish royal jewellery at the jewellery board :)). At this site, Bjarne says that the brooch has belonged to queen Ingrid's mother, and he assumes that the brooch was given to Mary by queen Margrethe when Mary gave birth to Christian.

What a beautiful brooch and a wonderful gift to be given, how lovely of QM to give the brooch to Princess Mary if this is the case.
Can anyone help to point me in the right direction as to where there are photos of the brooch being worn by either QM or Queen Ingrid's mother or Queen Ingrid herself if she wore it.

Can anyone help to point me in the right direction as to where there are photos of the brooch being worn by either QM or Queen Ingrid's mother or Queen Ingrid herself if she wore it.

Marfre, at the Royal Jewels Message Board, they are right now discussing this beautiful brooch as well, and Tamara has posted a picture - Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Crown Princess Mary wears Crown Princess Margareta's brooch - of queen Ingrid, queen Margrethe and CP Mary all wearing the brooch :flowers:

Great post User Dane. i love the photo series.
< ed Warren - removed fashion commentary in reply to now-deleted post. >

UserDane thank you so much, what a glorious piece, it was great to see the three beautiful ladies wearing it.
Was Queen Ingrid given the brooch as gift or perhaps was it pass on to her from her family?

I didn't realise it was Queen Ingrids aswell.
Thank you ever so much UserDane.
x

Thanks so much for the post Userdane!!! I didn't know the history of this beautiful piece!!

You're all welcome :flowers:

Marfre, I think I have read somewhere that queen Ingrid inherited it from her mother, but right now I can't find the information. Will try to search some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom