King Carl XVI Gustaf's Golden Jubilee Year 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At Expressen
Karin af Klintberg knew she had to ask the King about the scandal with the book "The Reluctant Monarch". The King says he still doesn't understand what happened. There was a lot, what you call a drive that always goes on, everyone gets on each other, and everyone invents a lot of things and it simply escalates.
Karin wonders if it was an equal situation when the coffee girls were there. The King laughs. Karin feels it is unequal that girls would come to a party to entertain upper-class gentlemen. The King says that it is a strange biased interpretation of the event. Karin asks the King to tell how it was, the King says that it seems Karin knows everything much better. Karin's intention is not at all to accuse, she is just asking and the King says that he is just trying to explain.
The clip where the King responded to whether he has been to a strip club: "No, I actually don't think so", has gone viral and Karin tells that many think the King is lying. But the King sticks to his version:
- It was all made up, it wasn't wise. It's just unnecessary to rummage through old things, no one gets pleasure from it. It's more fun to talk about the future and what to do. It is more important to do the job that you have been assigned to do, and increase the pace a little. The idea is that when you are a leader, you should not show yourself weak, but stand there and be strong.
The King admits that sometimes it can be difficult and tells that he felt bad during the period.
- It wasn't good, it was tough. But I'm not going to lie down on any bench with any psychologist in any case. No, why should I do it? I will solve it myself.
Karin asks the King if he is well, if he hates her and wonders if she is welcome back to meet him.
- I survive even this, I have been through worse. Yes, you are booked. You are on my program, I follow it to the letter, says the King and laughs.
Kungens nya ord om skandalen_ ”Det var tufft” _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Karin af Klintberg tells that both she and Crown Princess Victoria had tears in their eyes during the recording. Karin brings up the day when Victoria will take over the throne. The conversation then turns to death and Victoria comments that it is not something you talk about in the family.
- Both she and I sat with tears in our eyes. It's never easy to think about your parents' passing away, and you don't like to do it. It's hard to think about. And in their case, it is the case that they get their office when they are in the middle of grief and a close relative has just died. It is such an extremely special situation, that when you are in the middle of mourning work, you have to have all the eyes of the world on you. When you really want to hide and be alone, you have to be exposed instead, says Karin.
Kronprinsessan Victoria i tårar över kungen _ Hänt

Karin af Klintberg has followed and interviewed King Carl XVI Gustaf for two years. Now she releases her new documentary "Kungen", a close portrait of the monarch.
- It's the first time he's let someone in this way - and it will be the last, she says in Morgonstudion.
Ny dokumentär om Kungen_ ”Tog ett år innan vi kom nära” _ SVT Nyheter

From a review of the film by Gunilla Brodrej:
"I can't help but wonder how the movie would have turned out if the King had been allowed to talk about things he really likes. And by that I don't mean journalism like SVT's "The year with the royal family", but better, closer, deeper. I suspect that the sale of the Angus bull or the organic roughage production at Stenhammar could serve as a starting point for a different and reasonably comfortable conversation.
The King is a practitioner. When af Klintberg asks for relationship tips, he suggests separate bathrooms. When she asks for a hug, she gets a handshake. It doesn't necessarily have to be wrong.
We have to talk, af Klintberg thinks. The King doesn't think so."
Recension av ”Kungen”, en film av Karin af Klintberg.

Last edited:
Karin af Klintberg comes off as kind of insufferable. How does she come off to native Swedes?

Karin af Klintberg comes off as kind of insufferable. How does she come off to native Swedes?
Not insufferable at all. She seems nice and professional and did the best she could with a reluctant and on his guard king.

Not insufferable at all. She seems nice and professional and did the best she could with a reluctant and on his guard king.

Thank you, I was wondering if something was getting lost in translation, as I understand the King is notoriously grumpy and guarded. Hopefully they have subtitles for this documentary.

The clip where the King responded to whether he has been to a strip club: "No, I actually don't think so", has gone viral

I'm fascinated to know where he thought he was.

In Karin af Klintberg's documentary "Kungen", the King tells about what the support from the queen means and what he fell for.
- It was "bang". Long, dark hair... I've always liked that, says the King.
He says he already saw a queen in her. Silvia was the chief hostess and had a number of hostesses under her and many guests of honor who had to be taken care of. She was as organized then as she is now. She had that in her, she liked to direct. She had these qualities that you want in her then later upcoming role. The King says he could feel, notice and see that. He says he never introduced a girlfriend to the family as quickly as he introduced Silvia, because he felt she could handle the task as the queen at his side.
- She did that with gusto, says the King, who tells also how important she is by his side in his mission as King, which is otherwise very lonely and vulnerable.
The King rarely speaks about his parents. In the film he tells how absent his mother Princess Sibylla was after his father's death. She lived with her children at the Royal Palace. The King says his mother couldn't cope with the children. For example, Sibylla ate breakfast alone in her room every morning. It was also sensitive to ask about his father.
- You felt that it was mined, so I never dared to ask.
It was natural for a child, because he didn't know anything else. It was taboo, still when the King was 13-14 years old he had no idea what had happened. Then he went to old newspapers and books to read about his father. There an understanding opened in a completely different way.
Kungen_ Därför föll jag för drottning Silvia – berättar i ny dokumentär

Svensk Damtidning asked Karin af Klintberg why queen Silvia is only in a very small part of the film, is it really a laser perspective on the King?
- Yes, I wanted it to be him who spoke, because I wanted to make a true portrait of the King. And this is as true as I can get. I have tried to give as true a picture as possible, based on what I see. I did interviews with Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Christina and they were long interviews, and they were great. But I still wanted his own voice, so the parts where the Queen, the Crown Princess and Princess Christina talk about what he is like, I shortened them.
For Karin, it was important that this was a story about the King in particular. Not primarily about the royal family, or the monarchy, but about the individual.
- So the queen, crown princess and princess Christina are in the film, but they were not allowed to "take over", because it is the King who has to tell the story.
Princess Christina is involved to a greater extent than Queen Silvia and Victoria. Karin says that Christina speaks so beautifully about their upbringing, she was three years older and could see things and remember things a little differently, so Karin thinks that added something to his story.
Kungen – därför togs scenerna med Silvia bort _*Svensk Dam

Thank you, I was wondering if something was getting lost in translation, as I understand the King is notoriously grumpy and guarded. Hopefully they have subtitles for this documentary.

Guarded he his, very cautious, but not grumpy. He's in fact hilariously funny, but only in private. :lol:

How could he get to be 13 or 14 and no one — not his three oldest sisters, not his grandfather, not Bertil — would explain to him what happened to his father?

How could he get to be 13 or 14 and no one — not his three oldest sisters, not his grandfather, not Bertil — would explain to him what happened to his father?

They was forbidden by their mother to talk about it at home… Sibylla couldn’t handle it herself so to help her cope with it, everyone stopped talking about their father… It was ofcourse a total disaster for the children to forbid them to speak about their dad - but it was the way the Swedish RF coped with it to ”help” Sibylla getting on with her life…

Gustaf VI Adolf was born 1882 and of the generation that swept the heavy things under the carpet and left it there to be able to get on with life….. He never spoke with his grandchildren about his first wife/their grandmother for example…

Why Prince Bertil didn’t say anything when Carl Gustaf was at his house and they could talk without The King’s and Sibyllas presence.. I don’t know… I have also wondered that

Last edited:
They was forbidden by their mother to talk about it at home… Sibylla couldn’t handle it herself so to help her cope with it, everyone stopped talking about their father… It was ofcourse a total disaster for the children to forbid them to speak about their dad - but it was the way the Swedish RF coped with it to ”help” Sibylla getting on with her life…

Gustaf VI Adolf was born 1882 and of the generation that swept the heavy things under the carpet and left it there to be able to get on with life….. He never spoke with his grandchildren about his first wife/their grandmother for example…

Why Prince Bertil didn’t say anything when Carl Gustaf was at his house and they could talk without The King’s and Sibyllas presence.. I don’t know… I have also wondered that

But by the time CG was 13/14, weren't his oldest sisters fully-grown adults living elsewhere? Surely they could have figured out a way to say something without upsetting Sibylla too much. "We want to talk to you about Father, just don't repeat it to Mother". CG was getting pretty used to not talking at that point.

GA was old-school, but he let all his children talk about their mother and surely never tried to deny Carl Johan knowledge of her. I can't believe he and Louise thought this was the best thing for a future king and their grandson. (Maybe it brought back too many painful memories of Margareta for him.)

Bertil, maybe if Sibylla didn't want it raised and his father wasn't contradicting her, didn't feel it was his place to do it.

There is also the question of whether Edmund died in completely innocent circumstances or not. If there was a question of any scandal then of course no one would tell a kid, except that a simple "Your father died in a plane crash at Copenhagen when you were a baby" is better than [nothing], and since he had to go find press clippings in the end, who knows what he learned?

At a review of the documentary "Kungen" at Svenska Dagbladet
It is above all what he says about his sense of lifelong loneliness that grabs the heart. But also the statements about the echoing silence in the family after the death of his father, his mother's depressive absence, the poor self -esteem, the anxiety over the publicity, the mockery of the wordblindness and the inferior feelings of his grandfather the educational giant. And not least the requirement for total subordination. The duty above all, although it was his predecessor's motto and not his own. The price for the privileges suddenly feels inhumanly high.
If the king himself is pleased with how he appears in the film, will remain a mystery, but he should applaud himself now. The monarchy has got a human face.
Recension_ Kungen blir personlig i ”Kungen”. - DN.SE

Gifts in connection with H.M. The King's Jubilee
For those who wish to give a gift in connection with the jubilee, the King wishes the Foundation Ungt ledarskap (Young Leadership) be promoted.
The King's Foundation Young Leadership was a gift to the King on his 60th birthday, on the initiative of the Scouts. The foundation works to raise young leaders with good value-based leadership. The foundation is based on the values of the scouting movement and has courage, consideration and action as central values for good value-based leadership.
Funds collected are used for training grants for young leaders.
Jubileumsåret 2023 _ Gåvor _ Kungahuset

Last edited by a moderator:
About the next county visit

On March 9, it is time for Västmanland and Västerås to welcome the royal couple. County Governor Johan Sterte is hosting the visit.
- It is with great pleasure that we welcome the royal couple to Västmanland County and Västerås. I hope that many will have the opportunity to participate in the celebration along the streets and in the concert hall together with us and other representatives of the county, says Johan Sterte.

Program (approximate times)
10.00 The royal couple arrives by train to Västerås central station, where Governor Johan Sterte and his wife receive.
Home Guard's Music Corps Västmanland leads the cortege towards Västerås Concert Hall, followed by the royal couple and the governor couple.

10.20 The cortege arrives at Västerås Concert Hall.
The anniversary event
Speaker Niklas Hjulström, Västmanland's theatre
Music by the Västerås Sinfonietta and the Home Guard's Music Corps Västmanland
Governor Johan Sterte gives a speech
Excerpt from Västmanlands Teater's "ASEA - Here comes the future!" – a performance that spans over a hundred years.
H. M. King Carl XVI Gustaf's Jubilee speech
DraóThea, dance performance, DraóThéa is a daily activity within LSS that makes productions in performing arts.
Mikael Sundquist, CEO of Länsförsäkringar Bergslagen and architect Johnnie Pettersson together with artist Jesper Nyrén talk about the development of the neighborhood and present a plaque and artwork to preserve the memory of the 50th anniversary.

12.05 Walk from the concert hall to Västerås castle through Vasa Park. Historian Niklas Ulfvebrand tells about the park, the statue and the historical connection.

12.20 Arrival at Västerås castle, Home Guard's Music Corps Västmanland plays the Västmanland song.

12.40 County lunch at Västerås castle with invited guests. Västmanland's provincial meal is served.

14.15 Motorcade by car from Västerås castle via Stora gatan to Västmanland county museum

14.25 Västmanland county museum, regional photo exhibition "Jubilee exhibition Carl XVI Gustaf - 50 years for Sweden."
County museum manager Jennie Schaeffer and pedagogue Hilma Persson show the royal couple the regional photo exhibition, parts of the regular activities and a specially created exhibition called "Royal masculinity and fashion – from dazzling splendor to discreet costume power".

15.15 The visit ends, the royal couple's departure to the train station
Kungaparets jubileumsbesök till Västerås _ Länsstyrelsen Västmanland

Last edited:
The major jubilee exhibition Vasa to Bernadotte, 1523 –1973 –2023. Culture in Service of the Realm will showcase unique objects, taking you on a voyage of discovery from the past to the present day. Tickets on sale!
Five hundred years of monarchy have built a rich and multifaceted legacy. The Royal Court of Sweden is commemorating this anniversary with the most comprehensive exhibition ever staged at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. Spectacular culturally and historically significant objects from the Royal Collections will be exhibited alongside important items on loan from other institutions. The competition has been fierce: every single object in the exhibition tells its own compelling story and occupies an important place in Swedish history and court culture.
Vasa to Bernadotte - Kungliga slotten

Some objects at the exhibition
Image and Media Gallery - Kungliga slotten

There has been a press view of the exhibition "Vasa to Bernadotte, 1523–1973–2023. Culture in the service of the kingdom", some photos:
The exhibition "Vasa to Bernadotte, 1523–1973–2023. Culture in the service of the kingdom" will be shown at the Royal Palace from 11 March to 7 January 2024. This year marks 500 years since Gustav Vasa was elected king in Strängnäs. It is also 50 years since Carl XVI Gustaf succeeded his grandfather as Sweden's head of state. Royal Hovstaterna marks this double anniversary with an exhibition at the Royal Palace, with culturally and historically important objects.
Profimedia gallery

Royal objects in the Palace are portrayed in a new book
No king has sat longer on Sweden's throne than Carl XVI Gustaf. On September 15, he celebrates 50 years on the throne, and it is also 500 years since Gustav Vasa was elected king. This special anniversary year is commemorated with a magnificent exhibition at the Royal Palace and with the book "Vasa till Bernadotte". The book presents objects, environments and ceremonies that tell about the importance of the court for Sweden's development as a country and cultural nation over 500 years.
“Our country has for a long time been spared from war. There are many reasons to be grateful for this, but the long-lasting peace has also contributed to the preservation of cultural heritage. There is today a unique collection of personal property in the Swedish royal palaces, mainly from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. The objects in the royal palaces bear our history and it is my hope that the book will contribute to an increased knowledge of Sweden's rich history," writes H.M. The King in the book's welcome words.
https://resources.mynewsdesk.com/im...g_auto,q_auto:good,w_746/di7ugrb4bnbj6ks8fzxh
Kungliga föremål på slottet porträtteras i ny bok _ Bokförlaget Langenskiöld

The King and Queen have started their county visit in Västerås at Västmanland County.
https://bildix.mmcloud.se/bildix/ap...9-acce-9665b511d8f9.jpeg?fit=crop&w=980&h=551
Kungen och drottningen har anlänt i Västerås - P4 Västmanland _ Sveriges Radio
https://image.svenskdam.se/sdleupqs...87822878&width=1600&height=840&compression=80

Bilderna på kungen efter hjärtoperationen – första orden om Madeleines flytt _ Kungligt _ Expressen

New art exhibition in Västerås about royal fashion - gets a visit from the royal couple
The Västmanland County Museum is opening an art exhibition about royal masculinity and fashion through the ages. They are also releasing a photo exhibition about King Carl XVI Gustaf's fashion during his time on the throne.
- Royal fashion today is discreet, elegant and traditional, says Hilma Persson, producer at Västmanland County Museum.
Ny konstutställning i Västerås om kungligt mode – får besök av kungaparet _ SVT Nyheter

Short video
During the royal couple's visit to Västerås, the members of the dance ensemble DraóThea got to perform at the Concert Hall, with a number that obviously touched.
Before the performance, several members told us that it had been quite difficult to fall asleep the night before, and that it felt very tingly in the body. For others, the dominant feeling was joy and pride.
- Just the king and queen coming to Västerås - what an honor, says Erik Boivie.
What is the number about?
- It is modern dance that is about showing who you are and that everyone can dance.
DraóThea dansade för kungen i Västerås_ ”Det kom tårar på hans kind” _ SVT Nyheter
The Royal Court at its website
Jubileumsbesök i Västmanlands län _ Kungahuset

King Carl Gustaf's speech
H.M.*Konungens tal vid länsbesöket i Västerås _ Kungahuset

Video at SVT News
Kungen rullade in med tåg – så var besöket i Västerås_ ”Det gick geschwint” _ SVT Nyheter

The king and queen are visiting Västerås and I had the honor of making the pastries! The wish was blueberry and lemon.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cpj-ZNbMya7/

Last edited:
The Royal family (The King, queen, Victoria, Carl Philip, Sofia, princess Christina and Tord Magnuson) attended today the inauguration of the jubilee exhibition "Vasa to Bernadotte, 1523 –1973 –2023. Culture in Service of the Realm". Also the prime minister and the Speaker of the Riksdag attended.
Profimedia gallery
ANP gallery

Photos by SPA
https://www.instagram.com/p/CpndPN2IQWZ/

The King's speech, he said among other things
"In the exhibition we are about to see, about 150 objects from 500 years are displayed, selected because they carry important stories about our history. But they also tell about skilled craftsmen and refined manufacturing methods, about fashions that have come and gone."
H.M. Konungens invigningstal av utställningen Vasa till Bernadotte _ Kungahuset
Translation

Daniel was ill with a slight cold, Margareta Thorgren told that he hopes to be back at work as soon as possible.
Prins Daniel sjuk – missar kungafamiljens festkväll på slottet _*Svensk Dam

Kruununprinsessa Victoria edusti suomalaisessa suosikkimekossaan

Andreas Norlén, the Speaker of the Riksdag, tweeted
"Just present when the jubilee exhibition Vasa to Bernadotte 1523-1973-2023 Culture in Service of the Realm was inaugurated by the king. The lutenist Jonas Nordberg participated with an improvisation on Erik XIV's music sketch."

Kristina Miskowiak Beckvard, Ambassador of Denmark to Sweden, tweeted

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq3WB7VWAAEt85l?format=png&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq3WIT4X0AABqpn?format=png&name=small

Behind the exhibition is Lars Ljungström, first curator of the Royal Collections. He tells in Dagens Nyheter about the exhibition and that he started to work with it over a year ago.
500 år av prylar visas på Kungliga slottet - DN.SE

From Youtube of The Royal Palaces
About objects at the exhibition
A mammoth velvet textile with a three-dimensional applied embroidery from the 1550s. During the 16th century, Sweden belonged to the northern European cultural circle and the throne sky is part of relatively few links to Italy.
The small clock with its fantastic enamel paintings was a gift to Queen Kristina from Magnus Gabriel De la Gardie, who ordered it during his stay in Paris in 1646. Conservator Christina Forsström has prepared it for the jubilee exhibition.
The desk from 1770 has very high carpentry quality. The construction is well thought out and the mechanical damage is few. Furniture conservator Jan Blåberg advises to take an extra look at the furniture's decorative surfaces, something that Georg Haupt was a master of. Lovisa Ulrika's desk is shown in the jubilee exhibition.
There are only three examples of this chandelier in the world, clearly inspired by the French Montgolfier brothers' invention of the hot air balloon. Made in Paris, where it was exhibited in 1819 and called 'lustre à poisson', (fish chandelier), when the bowl was intended for goldfish.
Master gold and silversmith Gideon Teichmann has renovated this unique chandelier for the jubilee exhibition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJChXvM1vX0

Short video of the Jubilee exhibition at Facebook of the Royal Palaces
En smygtitt I morgon öppnar 'Vasa till Bernadotte, 1523–1973–2023 _ By Kungliga Slotten _ Facebook

Here's an additional video of the family at the inauguration of the exhibiton on Friday:

The Jubilee Year products at the Royal Gift Shop
JUBILEUM 50 ÅR

The King's speech at the inauguration of jubilee exhibition "Vasa to Bernadotte, 1523 –1973 –2023. Culture in Service of the Realm".

Last edited:
Photos from the Jubilee exhibition
Have visited the large Jubilee exhibition which takes the visitor on a journey through 500 years of monarchy.
It is a very nice exhibition with beautiful, interesting objects that carry an interesting story about our cultural heritage and about the people to whom the objects belonged.
The exhibition begins with Gustav Vasa, who was elected King of Sweden on June 6, 1523. It was the beginning of a path to a modern era with charter and continuity. Every era and regent has left its mark and been marked by its time. They have erected several legacies that are still relevant today.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp41zflMebw/?hl=fi

The next county visit to Luleå in Norrbotten County on March 30:

On March 30, TM The King and Queen visit Norrbotten County and the residence city of Luleå.
During the day, the county's residents will have the opportunity to meet the King and Queen, including at the public celebration in the city park, during the anniversary ceremony in Kulturens hus and at the photo exhibition at Norrbotten's museum. The royal couple will also ride in a motorcade through parts of Luleå.
- It is with great pleasure that we welcome the Royal Couple to Norrbotten and to Luleå. I hope that many will have the opportunity to participate in the celebration in the city park, at the Norrbotten museum and along the streets together with us and other representatives of the county, says county governor Lotta Finstorp.
10.20 Armed Forces Orchestra and regional music in Kulturens hus.
11.25 Motorcade to the city park via Storgatan.
11.30 The royal couple arrives at the city park, where regional cultural elements and speeches from, among others, H.M. The King and the governor happen.
12.21 Motorcade to Museiparken via Luleå gymnasieskola
12.25 Visit to the Norrbottens Museum for the photo exhibition The King's 50 Years on the Throne. The exhibition is held outdoors.
13.00 Motorcade to the governor's residence for lunch, the visit ends.
The times are approximate times.
Här kan du vara med och fira Kungens 50 år på tronen _ Länsstyrelsen Norrbotten

Mevida Company about the Jubilee exhibition
"Proud to deliver the technical solution for Your Majesty and the royal house. The jubilee exhibition of 500 years of monarchy and 50 years on the throne in 2023. We did video and audio production as well as projections and interactivity. Thank you for the trust! @kungahuset".
https://www.instagram.com/p/CqVkHcdMyvQ/

King Carl Gustaf has arrived to Luleå at the county visit to Norrbotten County.
https://dms-api.ntm.eu/api/v1/images/jo1p137r/smart/width/1360/height/766/as/webp
https://dms-api.ntm.eu/api/v1/images/r5n6ngnr/smart/width/1360/height/766/as/webp
https://dms-api.ntm.eu/api/v1/images/r4n0w59l/smart/width/1360/height/766/as/webp
https://vartlulea.se/images/18.644585401872e64831fd35/1680181562213/Bild5.jpg

Both the King and Queen Silvia should have attended the visit to Luleå, but according to the newspaper NSD, the Queen has had to cancel the invitation due to illness.
The royal court to Svensk Damtidning:
- The queen has caught a cold, these are the times now. As late as last night, it was planned that the queen would come along, but this morning she was forced to cancel. But it's nothing serious, it's a mild cold.
Silvia uppges vara sjuk – ställer in besöket direkt _*Svensk Dam
Hovets besked om Silvias plötsliga sjukdom – kungen ensam på resan _*Svensk Dam

Kungen firades i Luleå - höll tal i Stadsparken - Vårt Luleå

Se kungens möte med Luleåborna _ SVT Nyheter
Kungen om Norrbottens utveckling över årtiondena_ Starkt och kargt folk - P4 Norrbotten _ Sveriges Radio

The Royal Court at its website
Jubileumsbesök i Norrbottens län _ Kungahuset

The King's speech
H.M. Konungens tal vid länsbesöket i Norrbottens län _ Kungahuset

Festive welcome for the King in Luleå
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FsdJAiVX0AE59dS?format=jpg&name=medium

Program on the county visit to Östersund at Jämtland County on Monday April 3:
During the day, the royal couple will, among other things, visit Jamtli. There, H.M. The King will inaugurate a photo exhibition with pictures of the King during his 50 years on the throne. At Jamtli, a scholarship is also awarded on the occasion of the Jubilee year.
Then the royal couple will attend a lunch at the residence with invited guests from the entire county. The day then ends with a cortege from Stjärntorget to Stortorget where there will be a stage program with, among other things, musical performances and speech by HM the King.
13.45-14.00 Procession from Stjärntorget to Stortorget
The royal couple walks from Stjärntorget to Stortorget. The Home Guard's music corps and Jämtland's Ranger corps participate in the cortege.
About 14.00-15.00 Program on Stortorget
Stage program with performances by Jon Henrik Fjällgren and Rockin Pots.
Speeches by H.M. The King and governor Marita Ljung.
Visit and celebration of the WC heroes in long distance, biathlon, Para WC and Ski Classics.
Kungaparet besöker länet 3 april _ Länsstyrelsen Jämtland

Anna-Karin Wyndhamn: The monarchy is a glue that holds us together
She writes among other things:
During the Jubilee year 2023, we are reminded of the value the King and the monarchy have for Sweden.
In the documentary "Kungen", and in the unique podcast interview that the King gave in connection with his 75th birthday, the sense of duty and loyalty to the "calling" is the common thread for the King. To shoulder a heavy responsibility and put one's own preferences aside, without describing this as a sacrifice, is extremely untimely. When faced with adversity, you steel yourself and work even harder, says the King. There is perhaps something to be impressed by, regardless of what lot you have received in life. (..)
Monarkin håller samman Sverige _ GP

Mikael Holmqvist about his book "Kungen – Sveriges ledare" (The King - The Ruler of Sweden), and about the power of the King.
"The king is the most powerful monarch we have had in a long time"
Mikael Holmqvist_ Kungen är den mäktigaste monarken på länge - DN.SE

Program on the county visit to Karlskrona at Blekinge County on April 20:
The program points are indicated in approximate times

10.30: Photo exhibition, Blekinge museum
The royal couple visit the Blekinge museum and are treated to historical retrospectives with the photo exhibition "50 years on the throne - through the eyes of the people of Blekinge". Saltöskolan's students show painted portraits of the King and Queen and a map of Sweden that they created in the craft with regional weapons and regional costumes.

11.00: Motor procession along Borgmästaregatan
The public can follow the King and Queen's car journey along Borgmästaregatan to Amiralitetsparken.

11.15: Anniversary ceremony in Amiralitetsparken
H. M. The king participates in a tree planting. A welcome speech is given by Peter Glimvall, chairman of the municipal council in Karlskrona, and the students of the Cultural School perform.

11.30: The royal couple walk to Stortorget
The royal couple walks along Södra Kungsgatan to Stortorget. The Home Guard's Music Corps Blekinge plays ensemble music and ends with the newly composed jubilee march "For Sweden with the times" outside Fredrikskyrkan.

12.00: Anniversary event in Fredrikskyrkan
The royal couple takes part in a 45-minute program with artists and musicians from Blekinge – Sofia Loell, Linus Norda, Emilio Walter, Lukas Wägbo, Malou Prytz, Anna Neah Deutgen and Jens U Nilsson.
Choirs and musicians from the county's churches participate. Speech delivered by H.M. The King and Governor Ulrica Messing.

13.00: Lunch at the residence
The royal couple leaves Fredrikskyrkan and ends today's celebration with lunch at the residence together with specially invited guests. A three-course menu with Blekinge regional cuisine is served.
Så firar Blekinge Kungens 50 år på tronen _ Länsstyrelsen Blekinge

Back
Top Bottom