The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-02-2013, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Hello

King Juan Carlos of Spain left hospital on Tuesday, a week after undergoing surgery on his left hip - hellomagazine.com

Old 10-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

King Juan Carlos has not looked very well for quite a while, but honestly, I don't think I've seen him look this "sick/bad". He looks very feeble and tired to me. Also, it appears that he's lost a considerable amount of weight just since this last operation.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Old 10-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Aristocracy

The King certainly has aged considerably but as long as his mind is sharp there is no reason for his reign to end. The Queen and Prince Filipe can pick up the slack. He is a man who has proved that there is a place in the world for a monarch.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Just to think he will have to undergo another operation during the upcoming weeks.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-16-2013, 12:41 AM
Serene Highness

I just wish I could feel sorry for him, I just *don't*, he made his bed now let him sleep in it. The way he treats his wife, his son and the trip with his mistress, the way he protects his daughter from the courts when she and her husband have stolen money, he is not a man to be respected nor is he fit to be a king. Something I strongly believe in" Respect is not a given in life just because a person has money, position, power or title, Respect is only given by how you treat other human beings", he deserves no respect at all. Sorry if this upsets anyone, He just does not deserve the respect of the Spanish people. Being a royal means you should set an example for the people , he didn't.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The King looks thinner but still frail at his reappearance on Monday and said he's 'feeling better'

El Rey reaparece, de pie y sin muletas, tras su operación de cadera: 'Me encuentro muy bien'
Old 10-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
I just wish I could feel sorry for him, I just *don't*, he made his bed now let him sleep in it. The way he treats his wife, his son and the trip with his mistress, the way he protects his daughter from the courts when she and her husband have stolen money, he is not a man to be respected nor is he fit to be a king ... Sorry if this upsets anyone, He just does not deserve the respect of the Spanish people. Being a royal means you should set an example for the people, he didn't.
I feel bad that he has poor health. Surgery is so tough and he has had the courage to go under the knife time and again ... and he is still not done. I don't condone his affairs, yet think there may be another side to the story. Queen Sofia is said to be a difficult person and for whatever reason, they have an unhappy marriage. I feel bad for both of them that they can't divorce and find happiness in new relationships. I think his life is probably very lonely.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Commoner

It takes a couple of months for people to start feeling better after surgeries like this. It's going take a year before bones heal completely, 100%. And he's older. I think he's going forward one day at a time. Growing old is not for sissies !!
Old 10-20-2013, 04:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

The King has lost ten kilos since last March "by prescription" and is now "much better" than before, a spokesperson for the Zarzuela Palace reported after Don Juan Carlos submits a slimmer look in the recorded message video for the Ibero-American summit.
El Rey ha perdido 10 kilos desde marzo por prescripción médica - Noticias Sociedad - INFORMATIVOS
Translation
Old 10-20-2013, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The King has further surgery ahead in December so the road to recovery will be a long drawn out one!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Hola

El Rey pierde peso debido a la recuperación de su operación de cadera | Realeza | Noticias hola.com
Old 10-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Hola

El buen aspecto del rey Juan Carlos en su primera audiencia, un mes después de ser operado
Old 10-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The King has further surgery ahead in December so the road to recovery will be a long drawn out one!
What other surgery is coming?
Old 10-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
What other surgery is coming?
Now the king has a temporary hip prosthesis until the infection is cured, when he finished antibiotic treatment in late November, he should have another surgery to place the definitive prosthesis.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

More on the King's health from Hola

El Rey mantiene el buen humor mientras espera su segunda operación de cadera | Realeza | Noticias hola.com
Old 11-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

The second hip surgery will be on November 21

El Rey será operado de nuevo de la cadera el próximo 21 de noviembre en Madrid

Spain's king to undergo 2nd part of hip operation

http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/etn/new...php?id=2338198
Old 11-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HRH The Infanta Pilar talks about her brother the Kings upcoming surgery on November 21st.

La infanta Pilar habla del estado de salud de don Juan Carlos: 'Mi hermano el Rey está bien; hablé hace tres días con él'
Old 11-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

More on the King's surgery

Spanish king to undergo surgery again < Spanish news | Expatica Spain
Old 11-05-2013, 06:10 AM
Majesty

Nine Operations in 3 years ,that is a lot . He must be a very strong man.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, that is a lot of anesthetic for a man his age!

Tags
king juan carlos, king juan carlos health, spains king