General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Abu Dhabi 1:

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cannot find the link anymore. By the way, I want to apologize if I judge them by their physical appearance or embarass them. That's not my intention. I just saw alot of his pictures that I thought he has a disability since we're talking about inbreeding/marrying cousins. If I'm wrong please correct me.
Its okay, their mom Moza bint Dalmook is also a paternal cousin of Saeed bin Thani. But Saeed bin Thani's mom was an Al-Marri and Moza's mom from Al Falasi probably. Shaikha's mother was also a cousin of him, but donno if its a genetical defect and but others seem well in my eyes

Last edited:
Yes, Zayed Bin Ahmed Bin Mohamed Bin Zayed Bin Saqr Bin Zayed

Today my big question about Saqr's lineage is about who is the husband of Sheikha Fawzia bint Hamdan

the three eldest daughters from Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohamed's second marriage achieved great marriages to Sheikhs Hamdan, Saeed and Issa bin Zayed, but the youngest, Fawzia, had a less prestigious marriage to Sheikh Zayed bin Saqr

but what is the complete lineage of this Sheikh Zayed bin Saqr? I want to trace his lineage back to Sheikh Zayed the great, but I can't find that information anywhere, it's always "Zayed bin Saqr", not even his grandfather's name appears

Hey, I came across an instagram account of basma_alqassimi. Is she married to a man from the Al Nahyan? Also, I've read somewhere that she's a daughter of Moza bint Hilal bin Saqr bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

She is married to Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Zayed bin Saqr bin Zayed Al Nahyan. So, her husband is her second cousin through her mother

Last edited:
I know there was one "brother-sister exchange" between Hamdan bin Hamdan and Zayed bin Saqr, Mohamed bin Hamdan bin Hamdan married Salha bint Zayed bin Saqr and Fawzia bint Hamdan bin Hamdan married Saqr bin Zayed bin Saqr. i don't know Hessa's husband

I asked you about Hessa bint Hamdan bin Hamdan's husband. There you talked about Fawzia. Is there two fawzia?

Last edited:
I'm talking about Fawzia bint Hamdan Bin Mohamed (of Bani Mohamed)

I found from a reliable source that her husband is Zayed bin Saqr Bin Hamdan Al Falahi

the wedding of the son of a "Zayed bin Saqr Al Falahi" was attended by several members of Bani Hamdan bin Mohamed, that is, most likely this is Fawzia's husband:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al...ions/2015-01-02-1.2278875?ot=ot.AMPPageLayout

he is Zayed Bin Saqr Bin Hamdan Bin Saqr Bin Mohamed Bin Shakhbout Al Nahyan, this Mohamed Bin Shakhbout ruled Abu Dhabi from 1816 to 1818 and was deposed by his brother Tahnoun

this is a rare example of a direct descendant of an Al Nahyan pre-Zayed the great (the Al Nahyan mainline is descendant of Khalifa Bin Shakhbout, father of Zayed the Great, and younger brother of Mohamed Bin Shakhbout)

he is Zayed Bin Saqr Bin Hamdan Bin Saqr Bin Mohamed Bin Shakhbout Al Nahyan
this is a rare example of a direct descendant of an Al Nahyan pre-Zayed the great (the Al Nahyan mainline is descendant of Khalifa Bin Shakhbout, father of Zayed the Great, and younger brother of Mohamed Bin Shakhbout)

He has Al Falahi surname. I translated that and found, he is marrying late sultan's (no al nahyan) daughter. Ruling family members attend non-ruling family's wedding, but they are a part of their family. Thats why they attended that may be.

He has Al Falahi surname. I translated that and found, he is marrying late sultan's (no al nahyan) daughter. Ruling family members attend non-ruling family's wedding, but they are a part of their family. Thats why they attended that may be.

Puchu, his son's name is Sultan, and the boy married the daughter of his late uncle, brother of Zayed Bin Saqr.

The Al Nahyan are Al Falahi who started calling themselves "Al Nahyan" from some point, but they are the same family.
Descendants of pre-Zayed the Great Rulers use the surname Al Falahi.

The same process happened in Dubai, the Al Maktoum are Al Falasi who started calling themselves Al Maktoum at some point.

The information is correct and comes from reliable sources, I have no doubts about its veracity

Puchu, his son's name is Sultan, and the boy married the daughter of his late uncle, brother of Zayed Bin Saqr.
Actually, translator isn't a reliable source but i asked you if it was another news of wedding. Thanks for the infos.

Btw, can you explain about the marriage of Dana bint Sultan Al Nahyan with Suhail bin Butti bin Suhail Al Maktoum? He is not an well known Al Maktoum like Saeed/Hasher/Juma/Mana bin Rashid's descendants are. May be he is from Rashid(1906-1912) bin Suhail line. How he managed to marry a granddaughter of president then!? Do they have only 2 children? (Butti & a daughter?)

Do you know who was the wife of Saqr bin Zayed (r. 1926-1928)? The descendants of Saqr i found are Zayed bin Saqr and Shamsa bint Saqr (hamdan bin hamdan's spouse). May be Saqr had just one son. Isn't it?

Last edited:
With Saliha Ahmed Dalmach, Saqr had:

Dhiyab
Rashid
Zayed
Tahnoun
Hilal
Hessa (wife of Mohamed Bin Khalifa, mother of Hessa bint Mohamed, grandmother of late President Khalifa)
Shamsa (wife of Hamdan Bin Hamdan)

With his Otaiba wife:

Khadija

another day i will give you more details about their descendants

Actually, translator isn't a reliable source but i asked you if it was another news of wedding. Thanks for the infos.

Btw, can you explain about the marriage of Dana bint Sultan Al Nahyan with Suhail bin Butti bin Suhail Al Maktoum? He is not an well known Al Maktoum like Saeed/Hasher/Juma/Mana bin Rashid's descendants are. May be he is from Rashid(1906-1912) bin Suhail line. How he managed to marry a granddaughter of president then!? Do they have only 2 children? (Butti & a daughter?)

For some reason Sheikh Sultan doesn't arrange great marriages for his daughters, the marriage with the Sheikh of Shakhbout's lineage was also unusual

I don't have many information either.

For some reason Sheikh Sultan doesn't arrange great marriages for his daughters, the marriage with the Sheikh of Shakhbout's lineage was also unusual.

The daughter who married from shakhbout's line, isn't a cousin(1st) either.

With Saliha Ahmed Dalmach, Saqr had:

Dhiyab
Rashid
Zayed
Tahnoun
Hilal
Hessa (wife of Mohamed Bin Khalifa, mother of Hessa bint Mohamed, grandmother of late President Khalifa)
Shamsa (wife of Hamdan Bin Hamdan)

With his Otaiba wife:

Khadija

another day i will give you more details about their descendants

Dhiyab had Saqr and Sultan

Rashid (no information avaible)

Zayed married twice to an Al Dalmuk and an Al Ghurair, his son Saqr married a granddaughter of the Ruler of Sharjah (from 1912 to 1951), his son Abdullah was the UAE Ambassador to Washington, his daughter Fatima married to the Ruler of Ajman, his granddaughter Khawla married to the youngest son of the Ruler of Ajman (this branch is strong related to the Ajman rulling family)

Tahnoun (Tahnoun had three sons who were students at the start of the twenty-first century, suggesting late marriage).

One of his sons
https://instagram.com/sbt_alnahyan?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Hilal (wife related to Ajman rulling family)

In short, none of the descendants in Saqr's paternal lineage married descendants in the paternal lineage of the Sultan (the man Saqr killed) nor Mohamed bin Khalifa (the man who killed Saqr). After nearly a hundred years, there is no sign of reconciliation.

But the blood of Sheikh Saqr runs in the veins of all the descendants of the late President Khalifa

Last edited:
Do you know more about Sheikha Qout bint Shakbout Al Nahyan? I saw an old photo of her in traditional clothes holding a baby from the Al Mualla family. Did she marry a male from this ruling family? How many children did she have?

edit: it's good to know the Al Nahyans sometimes marry the members of the Al Qassimi and Al Nuaimi families. Is there any reason why the Al Maktoums never marry anyone from the Al Nuaimi ruling family?

Last edited:
"But the blood of Sheikh Saqr runs in the veins of all the descendants of the late President Khalifa"

Can you further explain?

Do you know more about Sheikha Qout bint Shakbout Al Nahyan? I saw an old photo of her in traditional clothes holding a baby from the Al Mualla family. Did she marry a male from this ruling family? How many children did she have?

edit: it's good to know the Al Nahyans sometimes marry the members of the Al Qassimi and Al Nuaimi families. Is there any reason why the Al Maktoums never marry anyone from the Al Nuaimi ruling family?

Three daughters of Shakhbout married into Bani Mohamed, and the other married to Mohamed bin Khalid bin Sultan

But I think the only one of those marriages that resulted in children was with Sheikh Mubarak bin Mohamed

The Al Nuaimi are traditional rivals of Bani Yas (tribal confederation from which the Al Nahyan and Al Maktoum descend), perhaps this rivalry is the cause

But it is worth mentioning that the Bani Saqr are in a very unusual situation, they marry into other families more out of necessity than desire.

"But the blood of Sheikh Saqr runs in the veins of all the descendants of the late President Khalifa"

Can you further explain?

Saqr Bin Zayed (father of Hessa bint Saqr)
Hessa bint Saqr (mother of Hessa bint Mohamed)
Hessa bint Mohamed (mother of Khalifa Bin Zayed)

Khalifa is a great-grandson of Saqr

Another great-grandson of Saqr through his daughters is Khalid Bin Mohamed Bin Hamdan, the husband of Maryam bint Mohamed Bin Rashid

Last edited:
Zayed married twice, his son Saqr married a granddaughter of the Ruler of Sharjah (from 1912 to 1951), his son Abdullah was the UAE Ambassador to Washington, his daughter Fatima married to the Ruler of Ajman, his granddaughter Khawla married to the youngest son of the Ruler of Ajman
There is one more, Salha bint Zayed bin Saqr who married Mohamed bin Hamdan bin Hamdan.

Hilal (wife related to Ajman rulling family)
Hilal married an Al Shamsi. He had just one daughter Moza, who married Faisal bin Sultan Al Qassimi. She is well known.
After nearly a hundred years, there is no sign of reconciliation.
But Hamdan's line 'had to' made reconciliation with Sultan's line. Maryam bint Hamdan married Hazza bin Sultan and then Sheikh Zayed's daughter Moza married Mohamed bin Hamdan bin Hamdan.
Wife of Hamdan bin Saeed bin Zayed, Fatima bint Mohamed bin Hamdan has Saqr's blood as Shamsa bint Saqr's blood run in her father.

There is one more, Salha bint Zayed bin Saqr who married Mohamed bin Hamdan bin Hamdan.

Yes, and a son named Mohamed, we talked about them on the previous page

Hilal married an Al Shamsi. He had just one daughter Moza, who married Faisal bin Sultan Al Qassimi. She is well known.

yes, the Al Shamsi and the Al Nuaimi descend from the same tribe and have a very close relationship

I didn't have that information about his daughter, thanks

But Hamdan's line 'had to' made reconciliation with Sultan's line. Maryam bint Hamdan married Hazza bin Sultan and then Sheikh Zayed's daughter Moza married Mohamed bin Hamdan bin Hamdan.
Wife of Hamdan bin Saeed bin Zayed, Fatima bint Mohamed bin Hamdan has Saqr's blood as Shamsa bint Saqr's blood run in her father.

until now, after almost a hundred years, only three marriages have involved patrilineal descendants of Sultan bin Zayed and Bani Khalifa with patrilineal descendants of Hamdan bin Zayed

and zero* marriages between patrilineal descendants of Sultan bin Zayed and Bani Khalifa with patrilineal descendants of Saqr bin Zayed

*the wedding of Mohamed Bin Khalifa and Hessa bint Saqr happened before these deaths

Last edited:
Three daughters of Shakhbout married into Bani Mohamed, and the other married to Mohamed bin Khalid bin Sultan

But I think the only one of those marriages that resulted in children was with Sheikh Mubarak bin Mohamed

Do you know how is Maryam bint Saeed bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan related to any of the daughters of Sheikh Shakbout? Apparently Maryam is married to Marwan bin Rashid bin Ahmed Al Mualla.

Do you know how is Maryam bint Saeed bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan related to any of the daughters of Sheikh Shakbout? Apparently Maryam is married to Marwan bin Rashid bin Ahmed Al Mualla.

Maryam's mother is a daughter of Mubarak Bin Mohamed and Osha bint Shakhbout

Maryam is great granddaughter of Shakhbout, granddaughter of Osha, grandniece of the other three daughters of Shakhbout

Yes, she is married to Marwan

Another daughter of Saeed Bin Tahnoun was engaged to the Crown Prince of Ras Al Khaimah years ago, but the marriage didn't happen, i don't know if she is the one who married Ahmed bin Nasser bin Zayed years later, or if this is a third daughter

Maryam's mother is a daughter of Mubarak Bin Mohamed and Osha bint Shakhbout

Maryam is great granddaughter of Shakhbout, granddaughter of Osha, grandniece of the other three daughters of Shakhbout

Yes, she is married to Marwan

Another daughter of Saeed Bin Tahnoun was engaged to the Crown Prince of Ras Al Khaimah years ago, but the marriage didn't happen, i don't know if she is the one who married Ahmed bin Nasser bin Zayed years later, or if this is a third daughter

Thank you so much for your help ? It's sometimes confusing for me because the names. I guess I got the wrong daughter of Sheikh Shakhbou. It was Osha in the photo I was talking about.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsCnodnlhKJ/

So correct me if Im wrong.. Osha bint Shakbout got married to Mubarak bin Mohammed (the father of Sheikh Nahyam bin Mubarak)? Do you know the names of all their children?

Last edited:
it's good to know the Al Nahyans sometimes marry the members of the Al Qassimi and Al Nuaimi families. Is there any reason why the Al Maktoums never marry anyone from the Al Nuaimi ruling family?

Al Maktoums' have married Al Sharqi, Al Qassimi, Al Nahyan, Al Khalifa, Al Saud, Al Thani, Al Mualla, jordanian royal and some from reputed non-ruling family. But Al Nahyan rarely marry from other ruling families, the number isn't that high. They had political marriages mostly, either its a local reputed family or an al nahyan.
A marriage happened between al nuaimi & al maktoum. A girl from Mana line (probably afra bint Hasher bin Mana) married Saud bin Rashid Al Nuaimi long time ago.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your help ? It's sometimes confusing for me because the names. I guess I got the wrong daughter of Sheikh Shakhbou. It was Osha in the photo I was talking about.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsCnodnlhKJ/

So correct me if Im wrong.. Osha bint Shakbout got married to Mubarak bin Mohammed (the father of Sheikh Nahyam bin Mubarak)? Do you know the names of all their children?

Yes, Mubarak and Osha had Ahmed Bin Mubarak, Nahyan Bin Mubarak, Hamdan Bin Mubarak, the wife of Khalifa Bin Hamdan and the wife of Saeed Bin Tahnoun

I am not sure if this is the right platform to ask this. But pipols I'm so so curious ...
why is the native population of the emirate only a few million? The birth rate there should be quite high right, since they practice polygamy too? For example 1 wive can have like more than 5 children. Moreover, their life there is guaranteed by the government, so I don't understand why other nationality can dominate native population of Emirates. Puchu don't come at me, I'm just asking this out of curiosity ?

Another daughter of Saeed Bin Tahnoun was engaged to the Crown Prince of Ras Al Khaimah years ago, but the marriage didn't happen,

Years ago as if the past/current crown prince of RAK, the one who married to an Al-Maktoum now? But why, is she less influental or something?

And Feiraguy, what is the current condition between sh. Hamdan's families that got usurp & killed by sh. Sultan, is these families also got ostracized too from power like sh. Saqr branch? Puchu already mentioned the marriage between it, but I wanna know additional infos from u, if u have any? I understand the "beef" between sh. Sultan's families & sh. Saqr families, since their ancestor got killed by sh. Saqr. But, I mean sh. Sultan ain't saint either, he started the usurper & killing things first too, to sh. Hamdan branch, so why the need to ostracized sh. Saqr's branch from power & marriage when sh. Sultan was the one who have been reported "to started" it first? Can they just reconsoliate and move on

Last edited:
I understand the "beef" between sh. Sultan's families & sh. Saqr families, since their ancestor got killed by sh. Saqr. But, I mean sh. Sultan ain't saint either, he started the usurper & killing things first too, to sh. Hamdan branch, so why the need to ostracized sh. Saqr's branch from power & marriage when sh. Sultan was the one who have been reported "to started" it first? Can they just reconsoliate and move on
I also thought that. After Saqr's death, It was Sultan's son, Shakhbout who became the ruler, So its their power who could marginalise Saqr branch. For Hamdan's killing, i found some "justifications" in articles. They said he stopped paying subsidies to other al nahyans, he was an wahhabi, who had ties with some saudi clans. These can't be justified for a killing who was a ruler for 10 years. There could be bloodless coups, but whole thing turned into 3 killings.
Whole Hamdan clan reconciled with Sultan's sons, Mohammad bin Rashid is also a grandson of Hamdan who has now good terms with Zayed bin Sultan sons.
I find its weird, while hamdan clan had to reconcile with Sultan, they didn't do same to Saqrs.

I am not sure if this is the right platform to ask this. But pipols I'm so so curious ...
why is the native population of the emirate only a few million? The birth rate there should be quite high right, since they practice polygamy too? For example 1 wive can have like more than 5 children. Moreover, their life there is guaranteed by the government, so I don't understand why other nationality can dominate native population of Emirates. Puchu don't come at me, I'm just asking this out of curiosity ?

When the UAE was founded in 1971, just 240,000 people lived in the Emirates. Even of this small proportion, not all were actually native Emirati. A part of these small population came from Iran, India and Pakistan and settled in the region before the founding of UAE. They automatically got Emirati citizenship upon founding. But even today, these different groups of the native Emirati population largely intermarry.

The economy in the Emirates has grown so rapidly over the past 50 years that it has been imperative to bring in a lot of workers from abroad. At the end of 2008 there were 4,765,000 inhabitants and in 2022 the total population is estimated at 10.5 million. The relatively small indigenous population cannot quickly multiply in number to form the majority in a country as small as the Emirates in such a short time.

You also mentioned polygamy. Yes it is true, this is practiced in the UAE. However, you forget that not everyone of the local population lives polygamously. The majority of Emirati men are still married to only one woman at a time. Especially in the younger generation of Emiratis it is no longer so common to have a large number of children as it used to be the case with our parents' generation. Many young Emirati families now only have two to at most four children. In earlier times, around 1960, the birth rate was around 7 to 9 children per Emirati woman. Today the birth rate is just two children per Emirati woman. What you can read in this thread about the ruling families of the United Arab Emirates, especially in relation to numbers of marriages and the birth of children, cannot be equated in all respects with the rest of the Emirati population.

Another important fact: only one percent of the country's area is overpopulated. Most of it is desert. Due to all these geographic and historical features it is very difficult to reach a higher number of native population in such a short time since the establishment of the United Arab Emirates as a country.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom