General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Abu Dhabi 1:

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You may find your answer about Al Falahi, ladyda. Moreover, if you talk about Al Maktoum, Al Falasi, then its dubai ruler of (1833-1852), Maktoum bin Butti's descendants, who have surname al maktoum.
Thank you Puchu, despite pleasing to the ear. I want to know What events led to this change? I read that in England the dinasty name was supposed to be from king Charles's late father. But, they decide to used the late queen Elizabeth surname instead. Since in UAE they never has women ruler before, then where is this new surname came/origin? What's the philosophy behind it? I try to search the meaning behind it, and there are a lot of
results of it In different languages. Since they're in middle east, the closest meaning for them probably:
Falah: (فلاح) is the Arabic word for salvation (especially from self-improvement), happiness and wellhbeing. source: Wikipedia ofc :lol:
Falahi: villagers or persons who work in agriculture and who have fields from which the products provide the family with vegetables and fruit.
Nahya: Desire.
Nahyan One who prevents or discourages others from doing bad things or one who has reached the heights of wisdom. In term of meaning I prefer Al-Falahi but for the pronunciation Al-Nahyan for the win, it's just more pleasing to the ear. Anyway I found peoples who are name Al-Falasi here, I wonder if they're are related to Al-Maktoum somehow, they're not refers themselves as sheikh/sheikha though haha.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. This days I have been so curious on how Sheikh Shahkbout bin Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan become Minster of State at such a young age. Maybe he's that smart or maybe because of influential parents and father-in-law?

how Sheikh Shahkbout bin Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan become Minster of State at such a young age. Maybe he's that smart or maybe because of influential parents and father-in-law?

Shakhbout's marriage to Bani Fatima helped a lot i think. Having Hamdan bin Zayed and Shamsa bint Hamdan as in laws worked a lot. His father is also influential, so these all made his way so smooth.
Moreover, 2/3 years older, Dhiab bin Mohamed holds post in cabinet, Khaled too.
Anyway I found peoples who are name Al-Falasi here, I wonder if they're are related to Al-Maktoum somehow, they're not refers themselves as sheikh/sheikha though haha.
Al Maktoums are Al Falasi too, ruler Maktoum bin Butti's descendants are called Al Maktoum.
Only, Ruling family members are addressed as Sheikh/Sheikha, Al Falasi aren't ruling family members at some point. Also, Sheikhs' non-royal wives are also called Sheikha.

Last edited:
Al Yazia bint Nahyan married Dhiyab bin Saif bin Mohammed in 2006. They have 5 children:

Mohamed Bin Dhiyab Bin Saif
Nahyan Bin Dhiyab Bin Saif
Khalifa Bin Dhiyab Bin Saif
Fakhra bint Dhiyab Bin Saif
Sheikha bint Dhiyab Bin Saif

Thank you. I know the names of her children, I just don't know when they were born :) I found out Fakhra was born on May 18, 2012 and Khalifa was born on August 5, 2017.

Mohammed has birthday on June 5th, Shaikha has birthday on April 2nd and Nahyan on November 12th. I don't know who was born first. Im just curious if Sheikha or Mohammed are the same age as Salama bint Mohammed bin Hamad.

I think the order would be Sheikha or Mohammed, then Nahyan, Fakhra and Khalifa.

Edit: Do you guys know how many of Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed children are married and how many grandchildren does he have and what are their names?

Last edited:
Edit: Do you guys know how many of Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed children are married and how many grandchildren does he have and what are their names?

Hamdan bin Zayed bin Sultan Nahyan? If so, then this question had been answered by Feiraguy. If my memory serve me right it's either on the pages number 2-4. As for his grandchildren I personally don't know much info about them. Maybe other peoples know this answer

Anyway folks, does each Emirates have their distinctive cultures either it's their food, clothes etc? I try to dig the info, and the info only gave me information that Emirates (as a whole) have one of traditional clothes name abayas. I wonder if each Emirates like Abu Dhabi have these type of clothes/food, Dubai have this, while Sharjah have that etc?

Thanks in advance :flowers:

Do you guys know how many of Hamdan bin Zayed children are married and how many grandchildren he have?

Hamdan bin Zayed is married to Sheikha Latifa bint Suhail Al Ketbi with whom he has two sons:

1) Sultan bin Hamdan is married to Shamma bint Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan;

Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan (23.12.2011)
Hamdan bin Sultan Al Nahyan
Khalifa bin Sultan Al Nahyan (2016)

2)Mohammed bin Hamdan is married to Latifa bint Tahnoun bin Mohammed Al Nahyan. He was previously married to Shamma bint Sultan bin Khalifa bin Zayed (no kids with Shamma)

Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Nahyan

Sheikh Hamdan is also married to Sheikha Shamsa bint Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Nahyan. They have six children:

3) Zayed bin Hamdan (born on 4 April, 1990). He is married to Shamma bint Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

4)Hazza bin Hamdan married Maryam bint Saeed bin Zayed Al Nahyan in 2022.

5) Latifa bint Hamdan is married to Theyab bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan;

Fatima bint Theyab Al Nahyan (2014)
Salama bint Theyab Al Nahyan
Zayed bin Theyab Al Nahyan

6)Fatima bint Hamdan is married to Shakhbout bin Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan;

Hamdan bin Shakhbout (2012)
Ousha bint Shakhbout Al Nahyan (2015)

7) Salama bint Hamdan is married to Khalifa bin Tahnoun bin Mohammed Al Nahyan;

Fatima bint Khalifa (2016)
Mohammed bin Khalifa

**** Yas (b.1998) & Rashid (b.2006) bin Hamdan, unmarried

Last edited:
Shakhbout's marriage to Bani Fatima helped a lot i think. Having Hamdan bin Zayed and Shamsa bint Hamdan as in laws worked a lot. His father is also influential, so these all made his way so smooth. Moreover, 2/3 years older, Dhiab bin Mohamed holds post in cabinet, Khaled too.

Not to belittling these sheikh achievement, I know with their money they can afford any prestigious universities, mentors and whatever tools that can contribute to their future careers & lives success. But with all due respect, I really curious beside being their in law, what is his previous accomplishment that got him selected for this position & not other peoples? dont he had other opponent? If it were another countries their peoples probably called them hypocrite baby (it's on the tip of my tongue, but still can't remember the correct term :lol:) And I really impressed by Emirati peoples, they are really obedient to their leader. which in my opinion is quite understandable, considering that in Islam it is ordered to listen to and obey their leaders as long that it's something good, plus their government are make sure that their peoples living their best lives. But still, seeing how they were madly praising their leaders really blew my mind. You cannot open Instagram without one of them not start chanting praise to their leaders. How they managed to achieve this kind of obedience from their peoples? Apart from the two things that I mentioned earlier ofc, just for research purpose LOL (edit: got the wrong emoji LOL)

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your help :) I have yet another question. Do you know how many wives and kids does Sheikh Falah bin Zayed have? I always thought he has only one daughter Aisha bint Falah whose mother is Fatima Al Mazruri. Then I saw a picture on instagram of twins named Maryam and Sultan bin Falah bin Zayed and their mother is Alanood Al Remeithi. Who is Sheikh Falah married to and when his kids were born?

I always thought he has only one daughter Aisha bint Falah whose mother is Fatima Al Mazruri. Then I saw a picture on instagram of twins named Maryam and Sultan bin Falah bin Zayed and their mother is Alanood Al Remeithi. Who is Sheikh Falah married to and when his kids were born?

In this Royal families, I think it's kind of "impossible" & "unique" for them to only have 1 child. They must be want to enhance their legacy somehow by having at least one son. His known wives that are documented are:
1) sh. Fatima bint Ghanem bin Faris Al-Mazrouei
2) sh. Sana'a bint Mohammed Bu Qubi Al-Mansouri (divorced)
3) And according to your source, he also married to sh. Alanood Al Remeithi
No idea who's children is who & when his kids were born. Judging by sh. Falah age & society where he lives, he's probably have another nonpublic children & wives that are not for public consumption. I observed that if the children are females & still underage it's likely that we will never know they whereabout until they came of age. Their official announcement regarding their whereabouts, usually occurs in 2 phases, first when they're about to marry (especially if they're also marry into well-known sheikh) & 2nd when they're passed away, and that's only if they're part of biggest nuclear families of the ruling family who rule now. While the unofficial one mostly because of the comments & gossip. But for the males one they're usually not that hidden from public face.

In this Royal families, I think it's kind of "impossible" & "unique" for them to only have 1 child.
No idea who's children is who & when his kids were born. Judging by sh. Falah age & society where he lives, he's probably have another nonpublic children & wives that are not for public consumption. I observed that if the children are females & still underage it's likely that we will never know they whereabout until they came of age. Their official announcement regarding their whereabouts, usually occurs in 2 phases, first when they're about to marry (especially if they're also marry into well-known sheikh) & 2nd when they're passed away, and that's only if they're part of biggest nuclear families of the ruling family who rule now. While the unofficial one mostly because of the comments & gossip. But for the males one they're usually not that hidden from public face.

Very well said, Ladyda ?

This sums up everything about these men.

Thank you so much for your help :) I always thought he has only one daughter Aisha bint Falah whose mother is Fatima Al Mazruri. Then I saw a picture on instagram of twins named Maryam and Sultan bin Falah bin Zayed and their mother is Alanood Al Remeithi. Who is Sheikh Falah married to and when his kids were born?
He is married to those women you mentioned. Aysha is the only kid of Falah and Al Mazroui wife. Other kids are from 2nd wife. FeiraGuy mentioned that he has two wives. And these 3 children are public. People in old threads said he is divorced from Al Mazroui women, is married to Al mansouri, but its untrue if you analysis. They didn't give any sources about them.
Reportedly, Sultan and Maryam were born in 2004 and So, Al Remeithi is his senior wife. Aysha was born in 2010. Aysha's mom is Falah's 2nd wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway pipols, does these sheikha have some kind of tiara or crown that display in the museum? Like UK & other royals families. At least they have wedding tiara right? There are this gold thing, that the children usually worn, what the name of it? I don't think it can be called tiara tho, but it's pretty. I want to know what they called those thing is? Thanks

Anyway pipols, does these sheikha have some kind of tiara or crown that display in the museum? Like UK & other royals families.

Their culture isn't same as British Royals. Arab royal families are ruling family actually. Tiara isn't that significant for them. I have never seen any sheikha posting wedding tiara

I have a question is everyone with the name Al Nahyan styles as Sheikh/Sheikha and HH? Yesterday I watched a youtube video and there was a man with the surname Al Nahyan and they were talking about his PhD diploma. One guy called him Doctor AlNahyan only

I have a question is everyone with the name Al Nahyan styles as Sheikh/Sheikha and HH? .....

HH means His Highness. And yes, a combination of Sheikh/Sheikha and HH exists, e.g. HH Sheikh Moḥamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan or HH Sheikha Fatima bint Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

But the use of HRH in connection with the name of a ruling family does not exist in UAE.

Last edited:
HH means His Highness. And yes, a combination of Sheikh/Sheikha and HH exists, e.g. HH Sheikh Moḥamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan or HH Sheikha Fatima bint Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

Do all Sheikhs & Sheikhas hold HH title? In some countries it is limited to the senior members like the emir & crown prince.

Last edited:
Do all Sheikhs & Sheikhas hold HH title? In some countries it is limited to the senior members like the emir & crown prince.

No, not all Sheikhs/Sheikhas hold HH title. Its limited to senior members like the emir, the crown princes and other family members holding ruling/political posts or have an important social role.

Last edited:
Since when this thread become so famous, LOL. Anyway good pipols, I've been wondering does Arab in general like to name their children with their ancestor's name, or is this tradition only exist in Arab royalty? The Gulf royals, reused the names a lot. Why they do this and don't they got confused sometimes?

Since when this thread become so famous, LOL. Anyway good pipols, I've been wondering does Arab in general like to name their children with their ancestor's name, or is this tradition only exist in Arab royalty? The Gulf royals, reused the names a lot. Why they do this and don't they got confused sometimes?

I cant speak for all Arabs but for the arabian gulf region: The tradition to name the children after anchestors is very common for Emirati families too. The reusing of names inside one family isnt confusing if you give attention to the full name line of someone. Khalifa bin Hamed bin Saqr isnt the same person like Khalifa bin Hamed bin Sultan or Khalifa bin Rashid bin Hamed bin Sultan.

The ruling families do it out of the same reason like common Emirati families do: they want to honor their ancestors with using their first names for their children too.

Last edited:
Thank you very much. Yeah, it didn't that hard to distinct which Zayed belong to who. But, if it were women's name how do they didn't confused them with another women. For example sh. Mohammed bin Rashid Maktoum that name 3 of his daughters with the name Latifa. How they usually revert them, is it by their mother name, birth order, their distinctive features, kunyah name, husband name (if they already have any) or what?
And I have yet another question, graves in gulf countries are very simple, there are no names in the grave stone. how do they visit or know the graves of their relatives? And does the graves of important peoples like the sheikh/a are buried in public cemeteries or is there special cemeteries for royalty/hero's tomb? Thank you good pipols

President issues Federal Decree appointing Sheikh Zayed bin Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan as Chairman of National Media Office

https://wam.ae/en/details/1395303119749

"The new entity will undertake various roles and responsibilities, including developing and implementing national media policies, directives and strategies; proposing, developing and reviewing all national media laws and regulations; and coordinating with relevant media stakeholders to align the country’s media vision and message, locally and internationally.

The National Media Office will also be responsible for preparing, evaluating and reviewing the UAE’s media narrative at home and abroad; preserving and enhancing the UAE’s reputation; representing the UAE in the regional and international media; and participating in media conferences and events in the UAE and abroad, in coordination with relevant stakeholders."

https://wam.ae/en/details/1395303119746

Last edited:
When they published the news of the creation of this new agency, I imagined that the Chairman would be an Al Nahyan, but my bet was on Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohamed bin Zayed

It is very likely that Sheikh Hamdan will gain his first ministerial-level position this year, most likely as a Member of the Executive Council (lesser chances of becoming a Minister in the Federal Cabinet). Perhaps as Chairman of some agency or department

This appointment can be made in the coming days

Anyway, a few pages ago we discussed about sh. Hessa bint Mohammed & sh. Khalifa bin Sultan age. This instagram page, who are very active sharing something about gulf royals reply by saying that sh. khalifa is 24 while sh. Hessa is 21. Their age differences turn out not that big, if the info given is true ofc. I don't mean to disrespect but, why they choose give the position to sh. Zayed bin Hamdan instead to sh. Mohammed bin Zayed other children?

This Khalifa bin Sultan engaged to Hessa bint Mohammed has an instagram account ksn_11?

This Khalifa bin Sultan engaged to Hessa bint Mohammed has an instagram account ksn_11?

Yes, they're engaged in 2019 or something?? Not sure. Anyway, is diab bin Zayed bin Sultan Al-Nahyan already married now?

I think he is much older than 24. I checked his old instagram posts. This one for example is from 2012 and it was 10 years ago. No way he’s 14 in this pic:
https://www.instagram.com/p/TlwB8eitN8/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/bxOdltitIk/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

He doesn’t look like a teenager in those pictures. He must be in his 30s now.

OMG, you're right ain't no way he's 14 in that photos ?? on second thought he probably just has really good nutrition/genetic that make him looks older? Or the Instagram admin just write typo info, she/he probably means 34 instead of 24

Anyway, a few pages ago we discussed about sh. Hessa bint Mohammed & sh. Khalifa bin Sultan age. This instagram page, who are very active sharing something about gulf royals reply by saying that sh. khalifa is 24 while sh. Hessa is 21. Their age differences turn out not that big, if the info given is true ofc. I don't mean to disrespect but, why they choose give the position to sh. Zayed bin Hamdan instead to sh. Mohammed bin Zayed other children?

Zayed bin Hamdan was Sheikh Mohammed's only son-in-law without a relevant public office, and he seems to be very close to Sheikh Khalid, it was certain that he would gain a government position.

About the sons of Sheikh Mohamed, Khalid already has a more important position than the one that Zayed bin Hamdan won, Dhiyab must become a minister and Hamdan must gain a more important position (Chairman of some department or agency). Zayed bin Mohamed has not even begun to be prepared, it is likely that this year or the next we will see him participating in trips and receptions of foreign leaders.

About MBZ's sons in law:
Mohamed bin Tahnoun, Director of Security and Ports Affairs at the Abu Dhabi Police
Mohamed bin Hamad, Advisor for Special Affairs at the Presidential Court
Nahyan bin Saif, Ambassador to Saudi Arábia
Zayed bin Hamdan, Chairman of the National Media Office

Zayed bin Hamdan was Sheikh Mohammed's only son-in-law without a relevant public office, and he seems to be very close to Sheikh Khalid, it was certain that he would gain a government position.

About the sons of Sheikh Mohamed, Khalid already has a more important position than the one that Zayed bin Hamdan won, Dhiyab must become a minister and Hamdan must gain a more important position (Chairman of some department or agency). Zayed bin Mohamed has not even begun to be prepared, it is likely that this year or the next we will see him participating in trips and receptions of foreign leaders.

About MBZ's sons in law:
Mohamed bin Tahnoun, Director of Security and Ports Affairs at the Abu Dhabi Police
Mohamed bin Hamad, Advisor for Special Affairs at the Presidential Court
Nahyan bin Saif, Ambassador to Saudi Arábia
Zayed bin Hamdan, Chairman of the National Media Office
I bet Sheikh Zayed MBZ would likely have a higher rank in the military since he is the only son of his father that graduated from Sandhurst. And I had observed that his interests are about military.

Back
Top Bottom