General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Abu Dhabi 1:

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can you list the children?
And what is their mothers name?

Sorry could you also list Khalifa bin zayed’s children and their lines?
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello. I wanted to know Hessa bint Mohamed bin Zayed fiancé Ksn11 does his dad have two wives?
The youngest two have a big age gap from the oldest 4.
Can you give me the pics of those two youngest children?

Can you list the children?
And what is their mothers name?

Sorry could you also list Khalifa bin zayed’s children and their lines?
Thank you.

Two sons Sultan and Mohamed, six daughters Sheikha, Moza, Aisha, Salama, Shamma, Latifa, married respectively to Hamad bin Tahnoun, Khalifa bin Saif, Sultan bin Hamdan, Mansour bin Tahnoun, Sultan bin Hamdan bin Zayed and Dhiyab bin Tahnoun

Can I have the the names of all the children of Aisha and Sultan bin Hamdan bin Mohammed?
Also is Mohammed bin sultan bin khalifa bin Zayed’s wife a daughter of Aisha and Sultan?

Can I have the the names of all the children of Aisha and Sultan bin Hamdan bin Mohammed?
Also is Mohammed bin sultan bin khalifa bin Zayed’s wife a daughter of Aisha and Sultan?

The six sons + Shamsa

Zayed Bin Sultan Bin Khalifa is married to the daughter of Sultan and Aisha (Shamsa)

Mohamed Bin Sultan Bin Khalifa is married to the daughter of Tahnoun Bin Zayed

How old is Shamma?
I find the age gaps between the siblings fascinating.

Early 30's

about the age difference, there are similar cases in the gulf, King Salman's mother, Hessa al Sudairy had her first child at the age of 13, and her youngest child at the age of 42, 29 years apart, I believe this case is similar

Can you do a family tree of saif bin Mohammed and suror bin mohammed.
Bani mohamed is certainly powerful interns of marriages,

I looked at the dates and MBZ mom must have been around 17-18 when she had him and his dad around 42-43.
My goodness. Meanwhile KBZ mom Hassa had him at around 25-26.
But that was in the past and now I don’t think they arrange marriages with more than 10 years difference anymore if they can allow it.
Do you think arranged families within the family will stop over time?
This is because marrying for power and wealth within the family seems very feudal ( not that people today don’t marry for money and power).

Can you do a family tree of saif bin Mohammed and suror bin mohammed.
Bani mohamed is certainly powerful interns of marriages,

Are you talking about ancestors or descendants? I already posted this information in this thread, but I don't remember the exact page

I looked at the dates and MBZ mom must have been around 17-18 when she had him and his dad around 42-43.
My goodness. Meanwhile KBZ mom Hassa had him at around 25-26.
But that was in the past and now I don’t think they arrange marriages with more than 10 years difference anymore if they can allow it.
This is because marrying for power and wealth within the family seems very feudal ( not that people today don’t marry for money and power).

maybe someday these marriages within the family will diminish

perhaps a new power dynamic makes this kind of marriage lose its sense of being

or perhaps the inbreeding gives rise to genetic problems and so there is a need to diversify the gene pool

the Al Nahyan changed the marriage strategy, before it was characterized by marriages with members of allied tribes, and today within the family:

Khalifa Bin Shakhbout - Al Suwaidi
Zayed Bin Khalifa - Al Falahi
Sultan Bin Zayed - Al Qubaisi
Zayed Bin Sultan - Al Ketbi
Mohamed Bin Zayed - Al Nahyan (Second cousin once removed)
Khalid Bin Mohamed - Al Nahyan (First cousin)

maybe one day the strategy will change again, or as I said, genetics will force them to do

Last edited:
I was talking about descendants (their children).
I’ll try to find it then.

I was talking about descendants (their children).
I’ll try to find it then.

Saif has Ahmed, Saeed, Khalifa, Dhiyab, Mohamed, Nahyan, Sultan Bin Khalifa's wife, Abdullah Bin Zayed's wife and maybe one or two unmarried daughters by his Otaiba wife, and Zayed and Hazza Bin Sultan Bin Zayed's wife by his second wife (a daughter of Sheikh Zayed and sister of Saif, Ahmed, Hamed, Omar and Khalid Bin Zayed).

Surour has Mohamed, Zayed, Sheikha (Ahmed Bin Tahnoun's wife) and Fatima (Khalid Bin Mohamed's wife) by Shamma bint Zayed (a sister of Mohamed, Hamdan, Hazza, Tahnoun, Mansour and Abdullah Bin Zayed).

Last edited:
They are still a "ruling family" and feiraguy described previously how they create alliance for power. There are a lot of coups of ruling families in history. Crown prince/ poweful one took the power in absence of ruler/ took the help of foreign power.

There is no problem if they marry within families! They are also bound to some sects whom they cant marry. If you wanna know, i can say. Those who marry cousins, they do medical tests before marriage and yes its confirmed by Emiratis. For defects, i can say that people marrying non cousins also have genetic problems. They will take measures if they face those problems

Saif has Ahmed, Saeed, Khalifa, Dhiyab, Mohamed, Nahyan, Sultan Bin Khalifa's wife, Abdullah Bin Zayed's wife and maybe one or two unmarried daughters by his Otaiba wife, and Zayed and Hazza Bin Sultan Bin Zayed's wife.

Can you make it like you did the list for Tahnoun bin Mohamed + Hamdan bin Mohamed? (including children marriages)

They are still a "ruling family" and feiraguy described previously how they create alliance for power. There are a lot of coups of ruling families in history. Crown prince/ poweful one took the power in absence of ruler/ took the help of foreign power.

There is no problem if they marry within families! They are also bound to some sects whom they cant marry. If you wanna know, i can say. Those who marry cousins, they do medical tests before marriage and yes its confirmed by Emiratis. For defects, i can say that people marrying non cousins also have genetic problems. They will take measures if they face those problems

I have no doubt that they undergo a lot of genetic testing before they get married, but the preference for inter-family marriages is relatively recent (in the mainline, this is only the second generation of inter-family marriages = MBZ and Khalid)

perhaps at some point it is necessary to diversify the gene pool
but you have a good point, with the advancement of medicine, there are measures against genetic problems, and there is no shortage of money for the Al Nahyan to treat themselves

Can you make it like you did the list for Tahnoun bin Mohamed + Hamdan bin Mohamed? (including children marriages)

Yes, i will make it

I know that marrying within family is normal to them but I was just wondering because I read that apparently Zayed bin hamdan bin zayed was in love with a daughter of Mohamed bin Rashid al maktoum but the family was against it and MBZ really wanted him for his daughter Shamma.
Futhermore, someone said that al nayhan women don’t get remarried which is cruel if that’s true. Even al saud women remarry and they tend to get a lot of stick for being more backwards.
Furthermore marrying for power and influence all the time, it going to tend to lead to some of them having unfulfilled lives especially the women who can’t remarry or have more than one spouses like the men. I have the same religion as them but the whole thing is still alien to me.

Last edited:
Grandchildren of Saif:

Only children of Saeed, Khalifa and Sheikha already married; Ahmed and Mohamed do not have children, or if they do, they are not known. Dhiyab, Nahyan and Al Yazia have children, but none of them have ever married.

Children of Saeed:
Tahnoun Bin Saeed married to a daughter of Sultan Bin Khalifa
A daughter married to Mubarak Bin Hamdan Bin Mubarak
A daughter married to Zayed Bin Hamad Bin Hamdan

Children of Khalifa:
Daughter married to Ahmed Bin Mohamed Bin Hamdan
Daughter married to Tahnoun Bin Hamad Bin Tahnoun
Daughter married to Mubarak Bin Khalifa Bin Hamdan
Daughter married to Surour Bin Saeed Bin Mohamed

Children of Sultan Bin Khalifa: (you know, Sheikh Sultan bin Khalifa has sons and daughters with other women, I will list his two sons, and all his daughters, but I am not sure if all his daughters are Sheikha's daughters)
Zayed Bin Sultan married to a daughter of Sultan Bin Hamdan
Mohamed Bin Sultan married to a daughter of Tahnoun Bin Zayed
Daughter married and divorced from Mohamed Bin Hamdan Bin Zayed
Daughter married to Suhail Bin Butti Al Maktoum
Daughter married to Tahnoun Bin Saeed Bin Saif
Daughter married to Zayed Bin Khalifa Bin Sultan Bin Shakhbout

Do they hide or acknowledge their children with disability?
Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed Al Maktoum's ( Wife of Dubai CP) brother have genetic disability too but they don't hide him.

I have no doubt that they undergo a lot of genetic testing before they get married, but the preference for inter-family marriages is relatively recent (in the mainline, this is only the second generation of inter-family marriages = MBZ and Khalid)
perhaps at some point it is necessary to diversify the gene pool
But MBZ and Salama Hamdan case is second cousin once removed. The chances of defects reduce in second cousins. Khaled's son marring theyab's daughters will make it 2nd generation marrying first cousins in MBZ line. We have to wait more to see that.
Moh bin Rashid and Hind were first cousins, hind's parents were first cousin, now hind's 4 children married first cousin/first cousin once removed too, 3 has children. Now its their decision if they will continue this or not. They will stop surely if they face problems.

Last edited:
Not an Al-Nahyan nor Al-Maktoum but I encountered a special one from Al-Qassimi dynasty in IG. A child with down syndrome, and she quite famous I must say for her work. And if it's count from Al-Nahyan ruling family there is Zayed bin Hamdan bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, who have injured his leg, but they still recognized him just fine.
Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed Al Maktoum's ( Wife of Dubai CP) brother have genetic disability too but they don't hide him.
Which brothers Malayi Arr? If I might ask. Thank you

Sheikha Sheikha bint Saeed Al Maktoum's brother have genetic disability too but they don't hide him.

She has 1 full brother and 5 half brothers, which one you are talking about? What kind of disabilities you found? I didn't see that

Not an Al-Nahyan nor Al-Maktoum but I encountered a special one from Al-Qassimi dynasty in IG. A child with down syndrome, and she quite famous I must say for her work.
In our region, cousin marriage isn't quite popular. 95% people marry non-cousins, Still there are a lot of people with birth defects, its not only in own family side. There are many factors working there. Nothing is certain and i believe that. If you talk about Al-Qassimi, then i must say most of them marry outside of their families and they are mostly included marrying other ruling families.

I know that marrying within family is normal to them but I was just wondering because I read that apparently Zayed bin hamdan bin zayed was in love with a daughter of Mohamed bin Rashid al maktoum but the family was against it and MBZ really wanted him for his daughter.
Tell us who was that daughter! Moh bin rashid's daughter from 1992, Shaikha got married in 2009, Maryam engaged in 2018; futtaim from 1994 isn't included. Other than Salama and Shamma was only 17/15 when Zayed bin Hamdan married. I dont find that what you claimed.

Futhermore, someone said that al nayhan women don’t get remarried which is cruel if that’s true. Even al saud women remarry and they tend to get a lot of stick for being more backwards.
what if those marriages aren't announced? Even Sheikhs' non-royal/non-political 2nd/3rd marriages aren't announced publicly. We get known when their children grow up. Are you sure all woman want to remarry? Al Nahyan Rainbow Sheikh didn't remarry after divorce.

Furthermore marrying for power and influence all the time, it going to tend to lead to some of them having unfulfilled lives especially the women who can’t remarry or have more than one spouses like the men. I have the same religion as them but the whole thing is still alien to me.
Who can't remarry? For muslims its not encouraged to be single in whole life, if al nahyan women dont remarry its their issue. We dont know them Personally to know if they remarry or not. Atleast its not announced.
You share the same religion, So why you are bothered much by their cousin marriage? Its a permissible act! No woman can have multiple husbands at a time, is it beyond your knowledge? Which woman wanted to have multiple husbands at a time? Is an woman able to carry 4 husbands' children in her womb at a time?
i m adding "Mahram" list: father/mother, milk-mom, step mom/step dad, siblings( full+ half+ sibling from milk kinship), siblings of parents+grandparents, own children, spouse of children+grandchildren, children of siblings.
Also, no one can marry two sisters or aunt/niece of a woman at a time.
Cousin/parent's cousin aren't part of Mahrams. So no problem in their marriages. As you know, muslims can't marry mahrams.

Last edited:
She has 1 full brother and 5 half brothers, which one you are talking about? What kind of disabilities you found? I didn't see that
Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum. Idk what type of disability he has. If you see some of his pictures you can really tell. And there's a video of him and his brother with a man who was talking to them and you can clearly tell that he has disability.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf0ZswAp_ga/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum. And there's a video of him and his brother with a man who was talking to them and you can clearly tell that he has disability
Shaikha is the half-sister of Ahmed. Can you give the video link? I didn't find any. Idk what types of problem he has.

Last edited:
Shaikha is the half-sister of Ahmed. Can you give the video link? I didn't find any. Idk what types of problem he has.
I cannot find the link anymore. By the way, I want to apologize if I judge them by their physical appearance or embarass them. That's not my intention. I just saw alot of his pictures that I thought he has a disability since we're talking about inbreeding/marrying cousins. If I'm wrong please correct me.

Someone said it was propbably Maryam1st.
But as always it was from something I read and I read it from three different pages. But obviously it’s pure speculation.

Puchu, I apologise if I upset you, you seem to be very triggered by my words. Let’s just say I come from a different culture.
I also never said it was wrong or I don’t accept, just that it was different or alien to me. That’s not exactly negative.
Furthermore, of course a woman can’t have 4 husbands I was using it to show how there are exactly many chances for a woman to find her match if her first marriage didn’t go well, that might have been too complicated to understand.

It is however very offensive to question someone’s religion because they express differences. For example, it is permissible to marry 4 wives; some Muslims do not practice that.It is permissible to marry cousins; some do not practice that. Let’s refrain from being negative towards each other, we are too mature for this.

This is a general question forum about a family that has centuries of practices,customs they still perform that some Muslims find to be a different experience for them so are naturally curious.

I am sure you know that even though people can practice the same religion, they sometimes do have variations in the way they practice it like examples I listed before. This includes cultural practices too; like arranged marriages which is also a different concept to me.

Last edited:
Someone said it was propbably Maryam1st.
Puchu, I apologise if I upset you, you seem to be very triggered by my words. Let’s just say I come from a different culture.
I also never said it was wrong or I don’t accept, just that it was different or alien to me. That’s not exactly negative.

It is however very offensive to question someone’s religion because they express differences. For example, it is permissible to marry 4 wives; some Muslims do not practice that.It is permissible to marry cousins; some do not practice that. Let’s refrain from being negative towards each other, we are too mature for this.
I am sure you know that even though people can practice the same religion, they sometimes do have variations in the way they practice it like examples I listed before. This includes cultural practices too; like arranged marriages which is also a different concept to me.

Maryam 1st's and Zayed bin Hamdan's case isn't that possible. Maryam is elder than him and there is no clue i think. She also married in 2018. Although she was seen accompanying MBZ before.

I used to think like you when i didn't have much knowledge about islamic rulings, i didn't want to hurt you. I m sorry for that.
Most of the muslim countries undergo changes except Gulf Arab countries. They had to adapt it. If you are a turkish/ Egyptian/or from a secular country, i feel that. Arrange marriage can be different to you, but its the only way to marriage for muslims. Both groom and bride can talk to each other before signing marriage, then go for the next step. Dating before marriage isn't permissible. Also, cousin marriage/multiple marriage is a choice, not an obligation. Multiple marriages are mostly seen in wealthy/non-secular countries, in our region those aren't that familiar. But i dont criticize that because those dont cross Shariah limilation. Also, dont think that i support all of their actions which are prohibited.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom