Dutch State Visit to India: October 24-27, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the hairband imo would have looked better if she wore it higher, now it accentuates her wrinkled brow and makes her forehead look low

like the colour beatrix is wearing

Wow, that's really very orange. It looks really nice on Maxima though. Not sure about the hairband, but it sure is original. Love the Queen's outfit, lovely colour and beautiful hat

I like Maxima's first hat and second dress; too bad they didn't match or else they would have looked great together!!!

Wow, that's really very orange. It looks really nice on Maxima though. Not sure about the hairband, but it sure is original. Love the Queen's outfit, lovely colour and beautiful hat

The hairband is horrible. She looks like wicked Laurentien. No Maxima, no no! Don't ever put that anymore at your head!

I have to say I think that the orange outfit is worlds better than the one she wore on the first day. Its more vibrant, just like her.

Uahhh, I hate that orange hairband Máxima wore! :eek:
Awful thing!
Apart from this Máxima's orange dress looked really pretty..
but that headpiece.... I
IMO it made Máxima look like an Aerobic Trainer!

Máxima's first hat was a bit toooo big for my taste.. it looked interesting anyway.

HM Queen Beatrix looks great. I prefer the purple outfit.
Pretty hat! Purple suits her a lot!

Queen Beatrix always wears purple. I think she love that colour :D:D

I like Maximas orange dress, orange is a good colour for her...don´t know what to think about the hat.

Last edited:
I personally am not crazy about Maximas headband thing, but given the fact that it is holding her hair back and making it look as if she is combed, and she looks well put together, I like it for that reason alone.
As for her "big" hat, I like this one on her. It's simple and made of a light material. So she is wearing the hat, the hat is not wearing her.
They all look like they are having a good time so far.
Does anyone know why they are there? For a particular reason?

IMO Maxima has looked gorgeous this trip. Especially at the dinner. Her gown is lovely.
Her and Crown-Prince seem so in love:wub:

I liked her first outfit but not the last two. It wasn't the orange color, more like the headband Maxima had on. It reminded of the 80's. Could the lack of tiara's be because they are the only royals?

Maxima wore the same dress 6 years ago, during a State Visit from Spain (she was still Máxima Zoreguieta, fiancé of Prince WA back then)
same dress
ANP

and the same skirt for the silver wedding of Silvia and Carl Gustav of Sweden in 2001
same skirt
Scanpix

Maxima looked nice for the dinner though W-A apperance says that he wasnt in th emood for some reason, maybe it was his suit that wasnt as formal.Pictures are lovely, thanks for posting

thank you everybody for the great pictures,i really like maxima's orange dress very beautiful :flowers:
i am big fun of princess maxima she seems to be very nice person.

Just a quick question...is it common for the Monarch and the Crown Prince couple of the Netherlands to visit countries together?

The only reason I ask is the issue of security..if something were to happen to both the Queen and the Prince while in India, little Catherina-Amelia would become Queen. Also, I know that it is common in other countries for the heir to the throne to stay within the country and serve as "acting regent" while the Monarch is away.

Any help would be appreicated. Thanks!

Just a quick question...is it common for the Monarch and the Crown Prince couple of the Netherlands to visit countries together?

Yes, always statevisits to non-european countries and sometimes also to european countries (like Turkey).

The only reason I ask is the issue of security..if something were to happen to both the Queen and the Prince while in India, little Catherina-Amelia would become Queen.

Yes, she would become Queen. But the government will appoint a regent (till her 18th birthday). The regent will probably be Prince Constantijn or Princess Maxima.

Also, I know that it is common in other countries for the heir to the throne to stay within the country and serve as "acting regent" while the Monarch is away.

Not in The Netherlands.

Maxima wore the same dress 6 years ago, during a State Visit from Spain (she was still Máxima Zoreguieta, fiancé of Prince WA back then)
same dress
ANP

and the same skirt for the silver wedding of Silvia and Carl Gustav of Sweden in 2001
same skirt
Scanpix

I know it doesn't suit in this threat, but just a quick question. Is it normal if you are not yet a princess to wear a tiara as Maxima did in Spain?

same dress
ANP

same skirt
Scanpix

I thought it was a dress altogether...not a patching - up!

Yes, I believe as you say that the skirt is the one she was wearing during the costume-party in Sweden, 2001 (during that visit, she broke her leg)

I know it doesn't suit in this threat, but just a quick question. Is it normal if you are not yet a princess to wear a tiara as Maxima did in Spain?

I can't think of anybody else than Maxima actually, though Sylvia Sommerlath and Mary Donaldson wore a tiara a day before their wedding too.

---

A pity that they didn't wear tiara's, they are very inconsistent with these things, she wore one in republic Latvia for example.

I think the Queen looked very nice in the 2 daytime outfits. I'm a little unsure about the dress she wore at the state banquet. It was a Queen Beatrix type of dress just not sure I really like it that much.

I like the outfits Maxima wore! I thought the first outfit looked a little wrinkled though. The orange outfit is my fave so far. Complete with the headband even. On first glance I didn't like the headband but then I tried picturing the dress without the added color of the headband and I decided it would have appeared a little too dull next to the Queen that was wearing a hat. I did like the banquet dress, the skirt was a little full but overall interesting color combo.

Thanks for the pictures everyone.

Beatrix and son look great. Maxima otoh looks exhausted.

Ohh! didnt expect to see Maxima in that lovely nest hat again I love her dress, perfect for the indian heat:cool:. Queen Beatrix is colorful today, goes perfectly with the atmosphere around her :D.

Back
Top Bottom