Abdication of Queen Beatrix & Inauguration of Willem-Alexander: Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how accurate this person is but according to him Charles is to have tea with Sheikh Khalifa @Clarence House on April 30th.
Royal Blog NL
@ royalblognl
@ allthingsroyal The President of UAE has separate appointment: Sheikh Khalifa wants to have tea with Prince Charles at Clarence House.

Oh but Hans Jacobs is usually pretty accurate yes...but he also knows the fixation,so to speak,on Charles on boards and fora...and the sheika shouldn't have such a poeha..Never mind we'll see,whomever turns up...:D

Oh,and buttons buttons and more buttons...

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE

On April 1, the Dutch Royal House knows the guest list, so I think soon (this week or next week) it will be publiced and than we know which Royals are comming.

Btw,an incredible amount of 1098 journalists from all over the world have requested to be accredited for the events in three weeks time...Three weeks,bah...incredible..It's going soo fast,it will be all over before we know it..:ermm:

Tonight on ARD German tv at 22.45PM: "Hut ab Majestät"...a documentary on occasion of the Abdication of HM Queen Beatrix.

Thanks for the tip, I probably would have overlooked it in the TV magazine :flowers:

Sophie has engagements on both the 29th of april and May 1st. So either it's C&C or Andrew. imo

The Countess will be at sea on the 30th! Interesting detail from the royal website

29th April 2013
The Countess of Wessex

to 30th April, Sponsor, will visit HMS DARING and go to sea from HM Naval Base, Portsmouth, Hampshire.

So we can rule of Edward, Anne, The Duke of Gloucester

Perhaps the Brits can send Paul Arkwright, HM's ambassador in The Hague instead? His wife Patricia's maiden name is 'Holland', so that is suitable enough for the occassion.

--
The ARD programme was interesting enough, and the people interviewed knew what they were talking about (always nice to hear Marthe Röling). However, the puppet player was beyond annoying, with what supposed to have been 'witty' remarks.

This link goes to the speech of HRH Queen Juliana on her last day of Queen on 29 April 1980. The film is not very good and I think Queen Beatrix will do it on a more modern way than Juliana.

Thank you for posting this clip, I haven't seen it before. I am sure that Beatrix will use an auto cue for her speech. But somehow, this way has its charm too. Queen Juliana seemed quite frank at some points, saying that it was very difficult to succeed a figure like her mother. And also the way she explained the proverb 'high trees catch a lot of wind' and uses the opportunity to share some irritations... I expect Queen Beatrix will be less personal.

All the head twisting & turning, the emphasizing of certain words, the hands ..etc, all so typical for the late Queen. No wonder she stayed the most popular member of the RF, also after the abdication.

Last edited:
On April 1, the Dutch Royal House knows the guest list, so I think soon (this week or next week) it will be publiced and than we know which Royals are comming.

It won't be before the very weekend on Willem-Alexander's birthday on the 27th or the day before/after,not sooner then that.:)

Who of all of you will come to Amsterdam,or wants to come to Amsterdam for april 30th?

Oh I wish I was able to be there. It has been a VERY long time since I was in Amsterdam. I loved the city and the whole country. A couple of years before the visit I had been on a camping tour in Norway with a small group who were mostly Dutch and they invited us to visit their country and took us on a wonderful tour.

I am still in doubt if I will stay in Amsterdam or not on April 30th. Usually I go to Belgium or Germany around that day to escape the crowds, but well... perhaps this is the moment to make an exception.

--------------

According to royalblog.nl the Luxembourg court said that it would wait with announcing who will attend the inhauguration until the Dutch court will release the guest list.

----

BVN will broadcast the abdication/inhauguration live & worldwide. Apparently they received a lot of emails from Dutch people living abroad to do so, among them a group of militairy (wo)men in Kabul.
http://www.bvn.nl/tekst/troonswisseling

-----
The special Beatrix exposition at palace Het Loo has been quite succesful, compared to previous years the palace doubled the amount of visitors in the same period.
http://www.royalty-online.nl/?e=1834

-----
30 primairy school children from three different schools have been invited by parlament to attend the ceremony in the New Church
http://www.royalty-online.nl/?e=1832

Last edited:
I am still in doubt if I will stay in Amsterdam or not on April 30th. Usually I go to Belgium or Germany around that day to escape the crowds, but well... perhaps this is the moment to make an exception.

--------------

Make the exception and stay put here in the city this year.You will regret it if you don't,I'm sure!Watch it all on the telly if no invite drops on your doormat to attend in Church...And in the evening get into the hustle and bustle of the festive mood in Amsterdam....I know of a place opposite the van Gogh that says ; "We're not the van Gogh,but we're open!...just sayin...

Oh I wish I was able to be there. It has been a VERY long time since I was in Amsterdam. I loved the city and the whole country. A couple of years before the visit I had been on a camping tour in Norway with a small group who were mostly Dutch and they invited us to visit their country and took us on a wonderful tour.

Well,what's keeping you!...Delta has increased it's daily flights to & fro Amsterdam to the US to 18,and add 20 KLM flights daily to that...:whistling::)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well,what's keeping you!...Delta has increased it's daily flights to & fro Amsterdam to the US to 18,and add 20 KLM flights daily to that...:whistling::)

There are no more hotels available on Amsterdam?? ;-)

There are no more hotels available on Amsterdam?? ;-)

Only in the budget range there are still rooms availeble,
anything else is booked almost since the announcement.

Slight problem with funds - referred to by those of us of a certain age as "social insecurity" :whistling:

The grand farewell event for Queen Beatrix ,; " Beatrix,with Heart and Soul "will be held in september at the AHOY complex,Rotterdam as was announced today.It will be organised by theatre mogul Joop van de nEnde.More details will follow.

Last edited:
Somewhere on this thread is the dress code for the evening reception for royal guests and the inauguration. I've been through the thread once and can't see it.

So apologies for asking this question (again) - but could I have details of the dress codes - Thank you.

As for Uk representation - I think it might be the Cambridges.

Somewhere on this thread is the dress code for the evening reception for royal guests and the inauguration. I've been through the thread once and can't see it.

So apologies for asking this question (again) - but could I have details of the dress codes - Thank you.

As for Uk representation - I think it might be the Cambridges.

White tie is the dresscode to go by in Church.black tie for the evening.:)

The beautifull castle Duivenvoorde is open to the public again after a renovation and has an exhibition in the frame of the Enthronement on the Castles link with the Dutch Royal Family:

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE:flowers:

It seems like the Wessex's will be in Scotland and Windsor around the inauguration. I'm thinking Charles & Camilla will go or the Cambridge's.

I'm surprised no announcement has been made on which royals will go to represent The Queen. I guess one will come nearer the day.

It seems like the Wessex's will be in Scotland and Windsor around the inauguration. I'm thinking Charles & Camilla will go or the Cambridge's.

I'm surprised no announcement has been made on which royals will go to represent The Queen. I guess one will come nearer the day.

We'll know the weekend before.

Meanwhile,Magna Plaza shopping Mall behind the Royal Palace has been dubbeb "Máxima Plaza"....grin

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1488166&flush=1

In the new book 'Willem-Alexander van prins tot koning' som the people are interviewed about the future reign. Job Cohen, former mayor of Amsterdam, says that the international jetset life of the prince is a risk. The houses in Mozambique and Greece are mentioned as a sign that the prince's political antenna isn't too well developed. Cohen also mentions international jetset friends of whom we don't know too much. He says that it makes the new king vulnerable. Cohen also states that the prince is stuck in a paradox. On the one hand he needs to be 'normal', but on the other hand he can not be too average either.

CDA MP Madelaine van Toorenburg also warns also warns that the life style of the royal couple shouldnt be too lavish and that they should watch out for an image of beloning to the international jetset. 'Maxima who buys shoes in Milan and a house in Mozambique, the Netherlands isn't that flamboyant', she says in the Volkskrant.

Willem-Alexander en Máxima moeten opletten voor imago - Royalty Online - Royalty -

-------------
The RVD announced that the new King will keep on flying after the enthronement.
Willem-Alexander blijft als koning aan stuurknuppel - Royalty Online - Royalty -

--------------
The Jewish National Fund will start the 'Willem Alexander water project' in the Negev desert in Israel. They see it as the 'coronation of the beautiful tradition of the Dutch RF and Israel'.
Waterproject in woestijn 'cadeau' voor Willem-Alexander - Royalty Online - Royalty -

German television will luckily broadcast:
ARD, 09.05- 11.00 Ein Prinz wird König
ARD, 13.00- 16.00
ARD, 18.50- 19.50
ZDF, 20.15- 21.00 Traumfabrik Königshaus

The beautifull castle Duivenvoorde is open to the public again after a renovation and has an exhibition in the frame of the Enthronement on the Castles link with the Dutch Royal Family:

PPE Agency

courtesy PPE:flowers:

That link doesn't seem to be working so I'll repost it Lucien :flowers:

PPE Agency

I suppose that most links to the house of Orange would have been due to the Steengracht family that owned the castle from 1830-1912. The family supplied a lady-in-waiting to Queen Emma and several chamberlains to Kings Willem I, II and III. And the van Wassenaer family who owned the castle previously probably also were attached to the (stadholderly) court in The Hague.

------------

Mayor van der Laan of Amsterdam defended his decision that no protests along the route of the king & queen will be allowed. He said that the main consideration for him was the well being of the three princesses, who are 5, 7 and 9 years old. Apparently there are now 6 places in the city where people can demonstrate against the monarchy. I wonder how many people will actually show up, and how many of them will actually be Dutch (instead of the foreign & trained anarchists/ anti globalists/ anti everything people who mainly occupy the squater houses in Amsterdam these days.

http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/224/...ute-van-koninklijke-familie-op-30-april.dhtml

The cafe owners of Spui square are furious that their square has been selected for protesters, as they expect to lose a lot of income during the day.

http://www.horecavizier.nl/obj/regio/15447815703435ER167/40/

Last edited:
That link doesn't seem to be working so I'll repost it Lucien :flowers:

PPE Agency

Oh thanks An,sorry.

Tuesday morning saw Willem-Alexander and Máxima at the Nieuwe Kerk and they had talks with the man who will take care of the flower arrangements in the church on the 30th.I'm sure it will be beautifully done.It happens to be the same man who arranged the flowers at the Nieuwe Kerk in Delft at Queen Juliana's funeral.

Mayor van der Laan is right to defend that decision,allthough I think there still are Too many of these protest places (3),and I for one certainly will not have a repeat of 1980,as I would be very able and willing to take my bat and go to town...Honestly...

Instead of the Spui v/d L could have choosen for the Koningsplein like happened on 2.2.2.,it was easy it was compact and any **** was immediatly taken care of.It is all been done before so why re-invent the wheel other then to spruce up ones personal "oh gosh look at me"profile..Suppose the Luxembourg and Hoppe will go after the twits waving with their white handkerchiefs and scare them away....grin...When it hits their pockets,they become very inventive....grin...But I think the party-go-ers will just be all over town and the protesters,or what will be left of 'm,will take to their pubs and get "p-ed" there on the vinegar they spit.No-one really gives a whatever for 'm anyway.

Imagine,in three weeks it will be the day after already...

In the new book 'Willem-Alexander van prins tot koning' som the people are interviewed about the future reign. Job Cohen, former mayor of Amsterdam, says that the international jetset life of the prince is a risk. The houses in Mozambique and Greece are mentioned as a sign that the prince's political antenna isn't too well developed. Cohen also mentions international jetset friends of whom we don't know too much. He says that it makes the new king vulnerable. Cohen also states that the prince is stuck in a paradox. On the one hand he needs to be 'normal', but on the other hand he can not be too average either.

CDA MP Madelaine van Toorenburg also warns also warns that the life style of the royal couple shouldnt be too lavish and that they should watch out for an image of beloning to the international jetset. 'Maxima who buys shoes in Milan and a house in Mozambique, the Netherlands isn't that flamboyant', she says in the Volkskrant.

Willem-Alexander en Máxima moeten opletten voor imago - Royalty Online - Royalty -

-------------
The RVD announced that the new King will keep on flying after the enthronement.
Willem-Alexander blijft als koning aan stuurknuppel - Royalty Online - Royalty -

--------------
The Jewish National Fund will start the 'Willem Alexander water project' in the Negev desert in Israel. They see it as the 'coronation of the beautiful tradition of the Dutch RF and Israel'.
Waterproject in woestijn 'cadeau' voor Willem-Alexander - Royalty Online - Royalty -

Cohen really doesn't make much sense other taking back on old sores and bla bla anyone could think off..."The new King is vulnerable"...yeah,right...I think of all people Willem-Alexander knows that best,and after the letter 12 years ago and Mozambique he's the wiser all together.And what international jetset friends btw?He doesn't know a thing on that,nada...not that he travels around much himself so he wouldn't know what's it about anyway.People that fly more often then three times a year,is that what he means?Gosh..I'm one then..?..grin...The types..?Really...it is a far fetched term by a,oh well,...bit of sour looser...And Madeleine van T should stick to her work and get that done properly...Really,it's always amazing where they get these people from,what woodworks they've crawled from to get back for a split second of fame...a split second only,they're not worth much more then that really...The Netherlands isn't that flamboyant...really...but more so,It isn't as frugal as it was 60 years ago either...there's been a change in time over the decades,maybe van T political bloodgroup isn't aware of that....and Máxima buying shoes in Milano?So what?When on holiday nearby you might as well go for it and get some really niceand worthwhile stuff,after all,she will be the Queen,and they usually don't do C & A to represent the country...Not with a Fashion Thread on a forum like ours...LOL!!

On the flying...W-A has to in order not to lose his permit to be at the trottle of twin-engined jets so yes,he will remain a pilot flying the F-70's on scheduled KLM flights from time to time as he's been doing since years and years already.Listen well if you fly in one of them and you hear your captain speaking and introducing himself as "van Buren"...Then sing gawd save the King....LOL...Nah,he's a great pilot through and through,don't worry.

------------

Mayor van der Laan of Amsterdam defended his decision that no protests along the route of the king & queen will be allowed. He said that the main consideration for him was the well being of the three princesses, who are 5, 7 and 9 years old. Apparently there are now 6 places in the city where people can demonstrate against the monarchy. I wonder how many people will actually show up, and how many of them will actually be Dutch (instead of the foreign & trained anarchists/ anti globalists/ anti everything people who mainly occupy the squater houses in Amsterdam these days.

'Vanwege prinsesjes geen protest langs de route van koninklijke familie op 30 april' - BINNENLAND - PAROOL

The cafe owners of Spui square are furious that their square has been selected for protesters, as they expect to lose a lot of income during the day.

Horecavizier | Horeca op Spui tegen betoging

Proestors :ohmy:

Are the expecting many,I really not!

Pity I cannot make it there for April 30th,but due my mother falling and breaking her ankle I'm not able to go.

Proestors :ohmy:

Are the expecting many,I really not!

Pity I cannot make it there for April 30th,but due my mother falling and breaking her ankle I'm not able to go.

Sorry to hear about your mother An!!I hope she has a speedy recovery!

No,won't be much,just the republican movement says it will protest waving white handkerchiefs...if that's all there is to it,hhmm...and they've grown to a staggering 2000 in 50 years time (!!!:p)...,so heck yeah...really worrying..:whistling::lol:...it's just they're a nuisance and me strongly dislike...as you might have figured...:)....And the owners of pubs and other happy venues won't like to have these salon nitwits in front of their etablissements..nor do they make any sense..After they've cleared the hot patatoes from their throats and seen a bit of whine they become regular silly bats ready for the asylum...Never heard one uttering one sensible syllable after another...never...Don't worry...

Meanwhile,memorabiliawise...

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=22992766&pos=1

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=22992549&pos=1

The Regalia

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1492017

And the exhibition with photos of the Royal Family by dear Robin Utrecht at Soestdijk Palace will open today too!!

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1490893&flush=1

And ofcourse the updates from the Royal Palace,Amsterdam:

en | Koninklijk Paleis Amsterdam

:)

New distinctive especially designed for the Enthronement of HM King Willem-Alexander and worn by him on april 30th.

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1493715

courtesy anp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom