Queen Elizabeth II Current Events, Part One: April 2021 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, July 7, Queen Elizabeth welcomed the Ambassadors of Israel and China for virtual audiences:

** rex gallery **

Wasnt it planned that always someone of the younger royals will accompaign her after Philips death? Or do I mix something up?

I don't think anything official was said about it. It's lovely to see her looking so well, and to see that Ken Barlow (who's been in Coronation Street since it started in 1960, but the actor has been having a long break) came in specially for the occasion!

She's also been to Manchester Cathedral, to meet representatives of community groups who've been doing important work during the pandemic. I wish I'd known she was coming :) , but I suppose they don't want to release details in advance because they don't want crowds gathering whilst social distancing rules are in force.

Wasnt it planned that always someone of the younger royals will accompaign her after Philips death? Or do I mix something up?

That is what the media reported - as they did after he retired. She, however, probably always had other ideas. She has done a number of solo engagements since Philip's death.

Thank you, I was just wondering. It doesnt seem as if she needed one of them younger ones.

That is what the media reported - as they did after he retired. She, however, probably always had other ideas.

I have never understood why she might need to have other royals accompany her, unless she was meeting a large group of people, and needed to have other members of the family "work the room". She has plenty of officials accompany her, and she always has a Lady-in-waiting, who can help look after her physical well-being and comfort.

She seemed on good form today and as actually seemed that for all her appearances for the last couple of weeks.

It's always fun when the royals visit Corrie or Albert Square. It's also great that she visited the Cathedral to meet covid workers and celebrate 600 years.

The queen has visited Coronation St in the past I think the Duke was with her.

Not everyday we see the queen in fictional Weatherfield ;)

Here's a video of todays visit

Last edited by a moderator:
We haven't seen HM on horseback for a while now, can it be presumed she gave it up?

We haven't seen HM on horseback for a while now, can it be presumed she gave it up?

Only if there has been credible sources that have stated that hell, indeed, has frozen over. :D

A nice nod to the late Bobby Moore too in the message.

So no pressure there then!;) But a lovely message.

On July 13 Queen Elizabeth as Patron of The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust spoke via video link to Nicola Brentnall (Founder) and four young leaders from across the Commonwealth:

** Pic **

General news about QEII has been moved to this thread.

Last edited:
Queen Elizabeth held virtual audiences with the Ambassador of Greece and the High Commissioner for Belize today, October 6:

** rex gallery **

Queen Elizabeth meets members of the Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery at Windsor Castle this afternoon

https://www.rexfeatures.com/set/12526866

I don't understand. Is the Canadian regiment guarding the Queen as Queen of Canada or as Queen of the United Kingdom? The latter doesn't make sense in my opinion.

I don't know the protocol for military honors to the Sovereign in the United Kingdom, but do the regiments also use the royal standard in those occasions in addition to their own regimental colors? If so, and if the regiment is guarding the Queen of Canada, should the Queen's Canadian standard (i.e. the banner of arms of The Queen in Right of Canada) be used instead? It would be quite odd to do that on British soil.

Did she just... tell the soldier from Winnipeg that his hometown is "quite a long way from anywhere?"

:lol: It's funny because it's true.

That is one thing I love about the Queen. She is very adept at making small talk with anybody and makes an occasion so personal. For a bunch of guys that probably were shaking in their boots because they were actually going to be inspected by their monarch, she'll do something like remark about Winnipeg to put them right at ease and realize that their monarch cared to find out a bit about them before meeting them because she was interested enough to do so.

Once again, a wonderful display of a woman that has mastered the art of diplomacy and can make anybody feel right at home just by a remark or two. ?

I was surprised that she didnt wear gloves.

It was so lovely to see her carrying out this engagement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom