Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 20: March-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC NEWS | UK | England | Royal visit for WI birthday i didnt know that both Camilla and Sophie had now joined the WI with the Queen - great to see them following this royal tradition
Camilla has been a member of the WI for years. :flowers:
---------------------------
n a sign of their close relationship, Her Majesty allowed Mrs Obama and her two children to have a rare guided tour of Buckingham Palace during their visit to London last week.

The Queen and Michelle Obama forge firm and affectionate friendship - Telegraph

How great to see Prince Phillip looking so good after the health questions over the winter!

Here are three more galleries with pics from yesterday:

The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh at
The Queens Cup Final, held at Guards Polo, June 14.
Andrew Parker Bowles was there as well.

** abaca gallery ** ppe gallery **

** zimbio gallery **

I t's nice to know that the Queen is "allowed" to make "personal" friends. I should imagine she could provide the sort of service that only a priest could. Perhaps even more.

What a wonderful "mentor" she would make for a woman whose position as her "husband's wife" means her every move is watched, every word recorded and her personal friendships must, by virtue of her position, be somewhat distanced.

Actually, the Queen and Michelle Obama share a common position, both have the ears and eyes of the public and neither are elected and so have to be exceptionally careful as to what they do an say. The Queen's life history would be an invaluable resource to any "significant other" of a Head of State or even Monarch.

Nice to see Andrew Parker Bowles is still in the circle. HM and D of E look wonderful, what an inspiration they are.

Pics 21.6.2009

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh watch
a horse carriage display during the Royal Windsor Cup Final
held at the Guards Polo Club in the Great Park on June 21, 2009
in Windsor, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages **

Great hat and colours for HM but another shapeless coat. Doesn't D of E look good.

The coat makes HM look huge! Bad choice.

The coat makes HM look huge! Bad choice.
really fanny :lol:, i think the problem is not the coat , i remarked last weekend in the royal Ascot that her costs are huge , so i think the problemeis the queen have got some extra-weight in the few last years :D maybe im wrong ;)

Considering that we often see Her Majesty recycle outfits that are several years old I doubt that her shape has changed much over the past decade or so. The coat maybe a bit shapeless but that color blue is amazing on her! We can all hope to be that beautiful at 83!

:previous:
Thats a stunning blue on the Queen. The hat is beautiful aswell. I think Her Majesty is the same size as she has been for years and I don't think that the coat is too big. :flowers:

:previous:
Thats a stunning blue on the Queen. The hat is beautiful aswell. I think Her Majesty is the same size as she has been for years and I don't think that the coat is too big. :flowers:

I agree. I would say that it is the cut of her outfits that sometimes make her look heavier than she really is.

Hope I look as good at 83 as she does!

Tiong Hiew King, founder and chairman of the notorious Malaysian Rimbunan Hijau Group, has been bestowed with a knighthood - Bruno Manser Fund: "Tiong is unfit for such a distinction, Queen should deprive him of his knighthood"

Rengah Sarawak - News

They always have to point the finger against the Queen. But the BE is awarded according to government's choice.

:nonono:

I really do like HM's outfit last weekend with the deep royal blue. A nice outing for the Empress Feodorovna's sapphire brooch.

really fanny :lol:, i think the problem is not the coat , i remarked last weekend in the royal Ascot that her costs are huge , so i think the problemeis the queen have got some extra-weight in the few last years :D maybe im wrong ;)

The Queen wore this same outfit in 1996, so I doubt her weight has changed very much!

I agree. I would say that it is the cut of her outfits that sometimes make her look heavier than she really is.

Hope I look as good at 83 as she does!

I agree with you. She is a magnificent woman, with everything she has to look after, her family, her country. She still has time to enjoy her hobbies and yet she looks incredible. :flowers:

I'm a bit disappointed with what the Queen has been wearing lately - she's been rocking some fab looks, and then the turquoise doiley on Ladies day followed by this - which is much better but the shape is terrible. I think we'll just have to assume her dresser is on holidays, and will be back soon with some clothes that fit... Fingers crossed!

Pics 23.6.2009

The Queen meets with the Ambassador of Lithuania Mr Oskars
Jusys, the Ambassador of Afghanistan Mr Homayoun Tandar (pic 2)
and the Governor of Queensland Australia Penelope Wensley (pic 3)
when they presented their credientials during a private meeting at
Buckingham Palace in London, June 23, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

There is still this silly myth that the Queen only ever wears an outfit once, which is total rubbish (I know that is not what you are saying, Lillibetforever).
So I'd like to bet that every one of those 100 outfits appeared on many more ocassions and probably even other foreign tours too. Because she is photographed hundreds of days every year of course she needs a huge wardrobe, but she is extremely clever at "ringing the changes" so that most people hardly, if ever, notice an outfit is being repeated. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Her Majesty a speedy recovery. :)
Catching a cold is rather unpleasant for this time of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom