General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Yes because the Duchess of Sussex is not posh enough. Now Kate on the other hand :bang:

Yeah its a real shame that a magazine decides to embrace more then the classic Caucasian model. He was just following in the footsteps of American and Italian vogue which had already adopted a more diverse population.

Perhaps he realized for a magazine to survive, only appealing to the 'posh white girls' was not going to keep readership enough to stay alive.

It would be great to see Meghan appear. But I will await for actual confirmation.

Sadly if true there will be a lot of critics saying 'its too Hollywood' 'She is a duchess not a model'. Ignoring the fact others like Kate have done it.

Alexandra Shulman is prime example of the legacy problems the fashion world has had. Didn’t she have some drama recently because she tried to age shame someone? Edward Enninful is different. And that’s not a bad thing. He and Anna Wintour seem to share great opinions of Meghan and find her to be inspirational.

On the issue of UK Vogue, I believe they just named Meghan as one of the Vogue 25 Most Influential List for 2019. That’s second year in a row she’s made that list.

As for the source, The Sun recently ran two Meghan stories that got debunked in a week by other parties (Priyanka Chopra and Max George) they dragged into it. So there’s that. :lol:

Last edited:
From the sound of it, IF rumors are true, it’s a guest editor position for an issue highlighting empowerment and change makers rather than just a photo shoot. Although that seems to be where people are focused on.

I should point out that US Weekly isn’t always a good source. Their last big scoop said she was 15 weeks along at the start of the tour.

The story is described differently in the below online article:
https://www.thecut.com/2019/06/meghan-markle-rumored-to-guest-edit-september-vogue-issue.html

The above article cites sourced rumors that the Duchess of Sussex is making plans to edit the September 2019 issue of British Vogue. This report also confirms that Prince Charles once edited an issue of Country Life in 2013, and as stated earlier that Kate (Duchess of Cambridge) appeared on the cover of British Vogue in 2016.

"According to the sources, Meghan will be writing an op-ed and corralling a 'selection of female change-makers on board to write their own personal essays.' She’ll also be photographed at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor, hopefully with Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor (her son)."

This is quite similar to the type of work Meghan produced on her former lifestyle blog, The Tig. I hope this rumored project comes to fruition. It sounds exciting. If it's happening, it would be taking place over the coming weeks in order to be completed for September 2019 publication. Magazines work several months ahead in order to meet press deadlines.

I think it's a great opportunity for Meghan to find interesting ways to continue sharing her knowledge and having her important voice further resonate in the world, in productive and helpful ways. As a formerly busy person juggling all kinds of activities as a career-woman and a humanitarian, it's likely crucial to Meghan's continued happiness to be able to serve as a proactive leader in ways that enhance but do not conflict with her royal role.

Meghan should be able to do this type of project without any efforts made by ancient royal courtiers to stifle her ability to speak out on issues important to women. Since dating Harry and marrying into the British royal family, Meghan's voice has already been muted and held hostage for far too long, IMO. She made a great many sacrifices in order to become part of the royal family. In the process, Meghan has brought so much to Prince Harry, and to the royal firm.

It's high time for Meghan to be supported more in her efforts to give back. There hasn't been enough done by the royals to silence the unfair criticism of Meghan in the media. I have been appalled by the ongoing extent of negativity against Meghan stirred up by trolls, by the tabloid media, and by Piers Morgan.

Last edited:
I'll believe it when I see it but I wouldn't be surprised if she does contribute to the issue in some way.

British Vogue hasn't been the same since Alexandra Shulman left as editor. She was at the helm for 25 years.

When Edward Enninful took over he promised to get rid of the 'posh girls' and promote 'diversity'.

The magazine has lost a lot of its core readership.

And yet their circulation numbers have risen about 1% at a time when British fashion publications are averaging a 6% decline. Funny how that happens when a business realizes there’s more potential audience than the narrow core you’ve traditionally settled for.

A guest editorship, while possibly just a rumor, sounds like a good fit for Meghan. As others mentioned upthread, others in the BRF have done similar things with other magazines. I would also mention that, beyond print publications, Harry was guest editor of BBC Radio 4’s Today show about a year and a half ago and Kate guest-edited the Huffington Post for a day in 2016. It’s a technique for getting their service/charity messages out there that is very much within the BRF wheelhouse at this point.

Anyways, new photo of Archie holding Harry’s finger from the Sussexes. So we guessed right on the hand! :lol: We do get a look at the little tyke’s eyes this time though. Seems like he has mom’s eyes. But my goodness, he’s tiny compared to Harry’s hand. I wonder when that photo was taken. Harry was just saying at an event this week that he’s gotten so big

Last edited by a moderator:
Cute, but I want to see Archie's whole face! The nose looks like Meghan's. He's got a very tight grip on Daddy's finger though.

Cute picture. I would've loved it to be in colour.

Please

Last edited:

Cute picture of Archie released for Father's Day. What a special day for Harry. I hope he is having the best one ever.

Btw, super adorable that his sleeve was rolled up. It seems that he’s grown out his newborn clothes, but is still too little for the next size up. :wub:

Happy Father’s Day to The Duke and all other dads on this day!

Such a cute picture of Archie holding daddy’s finger!
I hope that the Sussex’s don’t start following the trend by only showing part of their child’s face in a picture. Either show the child or don’t, no point in teasing people.

Such a cute picture of Archie holding daddy’s finger!
I hope that the Sussex’s don’t start following the trend by only showing part of their child’s face in a picture. Either show the child or don’t, no point in teasing people.

I agree, I have no time for that nonsense, all they are doing is encouraging the paparazzi to try and obtain the first photograph of his full face.
There doesn't need to be numerous photographs. We should see him properly in the official christening photographs.

We got a picture of him. I am glad of that.

I agree, I have no time for that nonsense, all they are doing is encouraging the paparazzi to try and obtain the first photograph of his full face.
There doesn't need to be numerous photographs. We should see him properly in the official christening photographs.

I actually really liked the photo that was posted. First thought that came to mind seeing Archie grabbing hold of Daddy's finger was the caption "Hey! This doesn't taste like a chicken leg!!"

But seriously, what I think made the photo so special is that it shows a clear interaction between father and son. The photo was released to celebrate Harry's very first Father's Day and I wouldn't ascribe any other motive behind it than what it actually was. ?

I love the picture. Sweet Archie looks adorable!

Really cute picture and cute baby, it looks he got Harry's hair and Meghan eyes! Beautiful photo!

Really cute picture and cute baby, it looks he got Harry's hair and Meghan eyes! Beautiful photo!

I was trying to think why I think the baby looks so much like Harry when the shape of the eyes, and color by what we can see, is all Meghan. I think it’s the forehead and the brow bone.

But seriously, what I think made the photo so special is that it shows a clear interaction between father and son. The photo was released to celebrate Harry's very first Father's Day and I wouldn't ascribe any other motive behind it than what it actually was. ?

I agree. There’s time for the photo to be just about the baby, but for Father’s Day, it’s nice to have a photo of the interaction. It was so cute how aware the little munchkin is.

I was trying to think why I think the baby looks so much like Harry when the shape of the eyes, and color by what we can see, is all Meghan. I think it’s the forehead and the brow bone.

He looks to have Meghan’s nose shape. The both have similar features so it’s not surprising he seems to favor one over the other to different eyes, haha. Will be fun to see who he really takes after once he is a little bigger.

The christening will be a first chance to really get a decent look.

Such a sweet photo.........thank you to Meghan and Harry for sharing.

Harry’s first Father’s Day marked very specially for him and Archie. That’s very nice and very touching. Archie holding his pops finger :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom