Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Under the category "globalistas" how .... actually I can't think of a word.

This choice is apparently unusual for People magazine. It's very rare for a Royal to be chosen for this.

I was confused at first why they were choosing Meghan for a year before she became royal.
And then I saw it is for 2018!
Why in the world are they choosing a ‘Best Of...’ for a year that still has 4 months to go:ermm:?

This choice is apparently unusual for People magazine. It's very rare for a Royal to be chosen for this.
Sheika Mozah I also included in te list; so apparently not that unusual :flowers:

Other than that it is interesting that next to Meghan at least 2 others from this list were at their wedding (Amal Clooney and Serena Williams).

Sheika Mozah I also included in te list; so apparently not that unusual :flowers:

Other than that it is interesting that next to Meghan at least 2 others from this list were at their wedding (Amal Clooney and Serena Williams).

Both move in fashion circles and close to Anna Wintour. So not that surprising when you really think about it. I believe both have also graced this year’s Vogue covers.

Amal is actually someone that I really want meghan to take style inspirations from. She’s mastered the powerful and beautiful looks without going crazy. I love both her work outfits and red carpet looks. Her Met Gala outfit was my favorite. And yes, I realize that might even be too much in Meghan’s role, but there are other outfits.

I was confused at first why they were choosing Meghan for a year before she became royal.
And then I saw it is for 2018!
Why in the world are they choosing a ‘Best Of...’ for a year that still has 4 months to go:ermm:?

This is a special issue. They usually try to get that out before the end of year with holidays and all. September is also a big month for fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fashion wise it is far too early to put Meghan on any list. She is still working on balancing her style with royal style. I do love her style aesthetic so far which leans more to the European style of royal dressing. I look forward to seeing Meghan's full glamor royal look.

Omid Scobie
‏@scobie
Omid Scobie Retweeted Carolyn Durand
ICMI: Sources confirm to @Abc @GMA that Duchess Meghan's mom Doria Ragland visited Prince Harry and her daughter for an extended stay at their Oxfordshire home this summer.
Doria is said to enjoy a close relationship with Harry and continues to be a pillar of strength for Meghan.

Doria snuck into the UK. Stayed in Oxfordshire for days and we’re just now hearing about it. The Sussexes are really good at living undercover. Good for them! Glad to hear Meghan got to spend time with her mom.

What home do the Sussexes have in Oxfordshire?

Thank you for that Chloe. Well I guess the next question is how reliable is this Omid Scobie guy. So many false reportings this northern summer.
Can we believe any of it?

Thank you for that Chloe. Well I guess the next question is how reliable is this Omid Scobie guy. So many false reportings this northern summer.
Can we believe any of it?

It’s not just Omid reporting about Oxfordshire house. Various places have all been reporting it over the summer. Now I can definitely see that they have something outside of the city. Their cottage at KP is rather tight, and I can’t imagine they are just cooped up there, especially when they have her mom or Jessica or any other friend visiting. Oxfordshire made a lot of sense since that’s where Soho Farmhouse is located, and there are others living there they know like the Clooneys. There is a house there that is supposedly under heavy guard, so that’s another reason they are speculating it.

Last edited:
It’s not just Omid reporting about Oxfordshire house. Various places have all been reporting it over the summer. Now I can definitely see that they have something outside of the city. Their cottage at KP is rather tight, and I can’t imagine they are just cooped up there, especially when they have her mom or Jessica or any other friend visiting. Oxfordshire made a lot of sense since that’s where Soho Farmhouse is located, and there are others living there they know like the Clooneys. There is a house there that is supposedly under heavy guard, so that’s another reason they are speculating it.

It is quite possible that Harry is renting a country property in the Cotswolds, but interestingly not a single press article or blog seems to be able to identify that part of the Cotswolds is the property in.

If indeed they are renting, this could be an interim measure till another property is ready for them.

It is quite possible that Harry is renting a country property in the Cotswolds, but interestingly not a single press article or blog seems to be able to identify that part of the Cotswolds is the property in.

If indeed they are renting, this could be an interim measure till another property is ready for them.

That’s likely true. The lease term that’s been reported have varied, but it was mostly 2 or 3 years. It’s not like the leases on Bagshot or Royal Lodge, which are intended to be permenant homes.

Thanks Jacqui and Muriel. Well it is a nice story of her mother visiting and I hope it is true.
It is just so sad that in these times we have so much false, and misleading stories coming from the media. Makes one very sceptical.

So in the month that we didn't see them Harry was in Botswana for a few days, Meghan was in Canada, both were in Italy and Scotland and now Doria stayed with them for an extended day during this time?

Eithef some of these stories aren't true or they had the busiest whirlwind summer.

Interesting as widely as the Cotswold house been reported in the media only 3 journalists have out their names to stories confirming it. Omid, Emily Andrews and Rebecca English nothing from the others.

I'm thinking that we're getting a good taste of things to come when it relates to Harry and Meghan's private lives. They are going to be the antithesis of an open book and keep their private lives totally off limits to the general public.

When we really think about it, no one really has the right to know what is going on in their private lives or their comings and goings on their own time.

I'm thinking that we're getting a good taste of things to come when it relates to Harry and Meghan's private lives. They are going to be the antithesis of an open book and keep their private lives totally off limits to the general public.

When we really think about it, no one really has the right to know what is going on in their private lives or their comings and goings on their own time.

Most senior members of the BRF like to keep their private lives private, and generally do a pretty good job of it. t is precisely for this reason some of them (the Cambridge's for example) start to get bad press as they do not provide the tabloids with the fodder they need to keep their businesses going.

So in the month that we didn't see them Harry was in Botswana for a few days, Meghan was in Canada, both were in Italy and Scotland and now Doria stayed with them for an extended day during this time?

Eithef some of these stories aren't true or they had the busiest whirlwind summer.

Interesting as widely as the Cotswold house been reported in the media only 3 journalists have out their names to stories confirming it. Omid, Emily Andrews and Rebecca English nothing from the others.

Sounds a bit peculiar all right...

In the latest On Heir show (Emily and Omid ..and I have found them to be fairly accurate) yesterday they had a True/False Segment. They talked about the stories that have been reported this summer about Meghan and Harry. It was pretty interesting.

LaRae

The media never did find out where H&M spent there honeymoon, no photos, just NOTHING. So yes, the royal couple are experts at going undercover doing stuff and keeping parts of their lives they want kept private, just that - ‘PRIVATE’... Royals have their summer break and four weeks is a long time and I doubt H&M spent it idling about in some small cottage on the grounds of KP. They have family, friends who visit so it’s not out of the realms of possibility that The Duke & Duchess have a larger home out in the country for some downtime and to entertain loved ones. Or that they also spent some time traveling places for a few days at a time, too. They had a whole FOUR weeks off (or thereabouts). It’d be so easy for them to spend a week or two out in the countryside with a loyal beloved family member from across the Atlantic.

Last edited:
:previous:

Yes, and I think it is absolutely wonderful for them to do this. They are not publicity seeking entertainers that insist their every mood, bathing suit photo or meals out MUST be photographed and appear in some tabloid rag. News media will have enough photos and news when they want them to have these while doing royal appearances allocated by the Queen. I think the way both William and now Harry are handling their private lives are admirable and needed for good marriages, which is healthy and proper.

Last edited by a moderator:

I was born the year after Diana, so was old enough to start following her right from the beginning. What a lovely story that was! One of the first books to be available on her weas one that made me think a lot: "The Princess in the Mirror" by Suzanne Lowry, from 1985. We knew next to nothing about Diana, she was just a foil (or mirror) for our own stories about her and this book tried to Show what this meant for us as women.
I add a pic (couldn't copy the content otherwise) of a short review of the book in question.

Having said that, I still find it important to think about why we are following Meghan, what she represents for us and why we want to know more about her privet life (in case you do). I am not as fascinated with Meghan as I was as a young woman with Diana, but still, there are questions I ask myself.
To add something really important: I wish Diana had never given voice to her problems in public but looked for a way to deal with them in private. The day I bought the then new Morton-book at Heathrow on my way back home was a day that shattered a lot of ideas about real life fairytales for me. (Maybe that's why I so love so many current Royals, for they seem to have managed to have a HEA).
Allow them to be private, enjoy whyt they do for their people and their love. Everything else is just for the two of them.

I'm glad Doria was able to visit Harry and Meghan in the UK. They must have made a lot of security arrqngements to get Doria over there. Her home in the US is too exposed.

If all of the journeys claimed are true.. Harry in Africa, Meg in Scotland, Meg in Canada, Doria in the UK...they must have indeed had an exhausting and very busy couple of months.

If all of the journeys claimed are true.. Harry in Africa, Meg in Scotland, Meg in Canada, Doria in the UK...they must have indeed had an exhausting and very busy couple of months.

Don’t forget Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom