Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think the roles are reversed now...who's colonizing who..?? The cultural Americanization of Europe (and I'm not referring to MM marrying into the BRF!) has been well under way for more than 50 years now. Just look around!

The cultural Americanization of Europe

This is VERY true, and pertinent, most Europeans have 'issues' with this , and have done so for decades.
Whist many know and appreciate America, [and American's as individuals] the OVERWHELMING 'Americanisation' of almost every sphere is a fact..and fiercely resented by millions.

One English example [for which America will NEVER be forgiven] is what happened to Cadbury. {You mess with our favourite Chocolate 'at your peril'}.

Last edited:
Let's get back on topic. The discussion about the state of the media, the Founding Fathers, the relationship between Britain and America, etc. is off-topic. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted.

Since Prince Harry has been appointed Captain General Royal Marines, as the successor of Prince Philip, and since the uniform and insignia worn by the Captain General are those of a field marshal, Will Prince Harry as a Royal Duke also ride now behind The Queen at the next Trooping of Colour?

Since Prince Harry has been appointed Captain General Royal Marines, as the successor of Prince Philip, and since the uniform and insignia worn by the Captain General are those of a field marshal, Will Prince Harry as a Royal Duke also ride now behind The Queen at the next Trooping of Colour?

Nope. Royal Marines are not part of the Household Division and only the Household Division takes part in the Trooping.

Had they wanted Harry on horseback during Trooping he would have taken over The Grenadier Guards from Prince Philip rather than the marine appointment.

We’ll see The Duke of York this year

Well last year, Field Marshal HRH The Duke of Kent, did not ride behind The Queen, but rather was in a carriage with the Duke of Gloucester. Probably because of his age, he is now 83 i believe. He didn't even wear his uniform but he rather was in morning suit. Since he has been the Regimental Colonel of the Scots Guards, maybe the position will open up in the near future for The Duke of Sussex.

“Dear Meghan, or should I say Dear Duchess, First, congratulations on a stunningly successful wedding.

You couldn’t have scripted a more perfect day, though of course, that’s probably exactly what you did. And frankly, who can blame you? What’s the point in being a professional actress if you can’t turn in an Oscar-winning performance for the biggest role of your life? I loved it all.

So it’s fair to say that Season One of your new life ended in a spectacular triumph, with US TV ratings higher than those for William and Kate’s wedding. (In Britain, ratings were down 30% but don’t take that personally – William and Kate are going to be our King and Queen and you guys aren’t.)

However, the real challenge starts now. If you thought being a royal girlfriend was difficult, just wait until you see how hard it is being a royal wife.

This morning, you’ll have awoken next to your handsome Prince at Kensington Palace, giddy with joy and hope – especially if your butler brought you the newspapers in bed.

The media that alarmed you by going so erratically off-message, and occasionally being downright offensive, as your romance progressed has now come together as one to sing your praises from the rafters.

It would be impossible to see all the ecstatic headlines and not get slightly carried away with one’s own sense of self-worth.”

Read more : Piers Morgan : Meghan Markle can't lecture about equality | Daily Mail Online

Meghan’s old friend piers Morgan, has some advice for Meghan.

Last edited:
Posts with pregnancy speculation have been removed.

Piers isn't Meghan's old friend though.

Adding this article to the pile of tens of exactly the sane nature written by people who don't have any clue.

:previous:

You’re probably on to something there

yes, I think

Colonel of the Welsh Guards, Prince Charles
Colonel of the Irish Guards, Prince William
Colonel of the Blues and Royals, Princess Anne
Colonel of the Grenadier Guards, Prince Andrew, replacing Prince Philip
Colonel of the Scots Guards The Duke of Kent

I think it had higher ratings because it was on Saturday and it started later in the day than most royal weddings and people didn't have to get up before dawn to watch it.

“Dear Meghan, or should I say Dear Duchess, First, congratulations on a stunningly successful wedding.

You couldn’t have scripted a more perfect day, though of course, that’s probably exactly what you did. And frankly, who can blame you? What’s the point in being a professional actress if you can’t turn in an Oscar-winning performance for the biggest role of your life? I loved it all.

So it’s fair to say that Season One of your new life ended in a spectacular triumph, with US TV ratings higher than those for William and Kate’s wedding. (In Britain, ratings were down 30% but don’t take that personally – William and Kate are going to be our King and Queen and you guys aren’t.)

However, the real challenge starts now. If you thought being a royal girlfriend was difficult, just wait until you see how hard it is being a royal wife.

This morning, you’ll have awoken next to your handsome Prince at Kensington Palace, giddy with joy and hope – especially if your butler brought you the newspapers in bed.

The media that alarmed you by going so erratically off-message, and occasionally being downright offensive, as your romance progressed has now come together as one to sing your praises from the rafters.

It would be impossible to see all the ecstatic headlines and not get slightly carried away with one’s own sense of self-worth.”

Read more : Piers Morgan : Meghan Markle can't lecture about equality | Daily Mail Online

Meghan’s old friend piers Morgan, has some advice for Meghan.

I think Piers is bitter he didn't get invited to the wedding. But then this is why!

I think it had higher ratings because it was on Saturday and it started later in the day than most royal weddings and people didn't have to get up before dawn to watch it.

Don't know about not having to get up at dawn. It was just an hour later than the Cambridge wedding, and all the coverage started around 4:30AM - 5AM EST. Around 2AM west coast. If that's not crack of dawn, I'm not sure what it is. And as for the weekend thing, it's actually easier to get people waking up early on the weekday as they likely had to get up for work anyways. Saturday is about the only day to sleep in for a lot of people.

yes, I think

I think Edward would fill in a vacant colonel position before Harry. And while yes he didn't serve in the military, he already holds a few honorary military appointments so that isn't a problem.

Piers calling Meghan his old friend is amusing. His desperation to latch in to her is truly comical. And he hasn't let up for almost 2 years.

Bryony Gordon wrote about her private meeting with Meghan a new months back. She reveals that Meghan has a project that will be launching in a few months and that she feels that her focus will be on female issues. She posted about it on her Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjB_1wslgSv/?hl=en

Link to article: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/meghan-cant-wait-get-started-also-keen-get-things-right/

Last edited:
yes, I think

There are 2 other regiments:

the Life Guards (other half of Household Cavalry with Blues and Royals) - Colonel is FM The Lord Guthrie of Craigiebank

Coldstream Guards (one of Foot Guard Regiments) - Colonel is L-Gen Sir James Bucknell

Piers calling Meghan his old friend is amusing. His desperation to latch in to her is truly comical. And he hasn't let up for almost 2 years.

Bryony Gordon wrote about her private meeting with Meghan a new months back. She reveals that Meghan has a project that will be launching in a few months and that she feels that her focus will be on female issues. She posted about it on her Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjB_1wslgSv/?hl=en

Link to article: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/meghan-cant-wait-get-started-also-keen-get-things-right/

If I remember correctly, Bryony Gordon is the journalist that Harry first spoke to about his own struggles with grief over his mother's death and how he kept it in for 20 years. Right?

As for Piers, yes it is amusing. Especially since he's admitted that she's been ghosting him since then. :lol: It's time to take a hint, Piers.

Last edited:
That Telegraph article is probably the best one I've read about Meghan.

I was watching "Megyn Kelly" and she was talking about Meghan's curtsey to the Queen that the cameramen did not get a good shot of during the wedding. She was debating about whether Meghan should have curtseyed to the Queen since she is American and Megyn said she would not curtsey to the Queen. It was a stupid discussion. Of course Meghan should curtsey to the Queen. She is a member of the British Royal Family now. I just had to get that off my chest.

I was watching "Megyn Kelly" and she was talking about Meghan's curtsey to the Queen that the cameramen did not get a good shot of during the wedding. She was debating about whether Meghan should have curtseyed to the Queen since she is American and Megyn said she would not curtsey to the Queen. It was a stupid discussion. Of course Meghan should curtsey to the Queen. She is a member of the British Royal Family now. I just had to get that off my chest.

Yeah, it’s okay. I too get a bit frustrated by some of my fellow Americans ignorance on royal facts.

That Telegraph article was really good. Now I'm curious to read what the project she's been working on, is.

The Birth Chart of the Duchess Of Sussex was mentioned on another thread..and that has lead me to consult a tome, i've long had in my Library, and which has proved remarkably accurate over many years..

I thought this may be of interest, but IF it offends, please 'don't shoot the messenger', these are NOT my words

'The secret Language of birthdays' [Gary Goldschneider & Joost Elffers]. A guide to personality, based on pyschology, history, numerology. tarot and astrology.

This [in part] is what it has to say of those born on August 4th...

'THE DAY OF THE GUIDING LIGHT'

Those born on August the 4th are often the guiding light to whatever social group, political movement, family or business to which they belong. Not always 'cut out' to be leaders they must nevertheless occupy a principal position, indeed they make their influence felt and philosophy known to all with whom they associate. Often they are useful to their group in a largely symbolic role, as they may perfectly represent its aspirations and embody its ideals in their external appearance or lifestyle.

Being able to go their own way is important to these restless and active people. Too often they are hot-headed and somewhat irascible when encountering resistance. Because of these traits as well as their tendency to be in revolt against established systems they can only remain central to a group for a limited time, [unless that group is also about activity and revolution itself].
Being strong willed and strong minded they do best in a position where they are free to speak and do as they wish. Being able to shine to radiate their ideas and ideals to those about them, is of the utmost importance.

Quick and clever, they are masterly at sizing up their environment, nothing in their surroundings is lost on them and they generally respond to it quickly, as they have decisive, if not impulsive mentality.
Their tendency to think themselves invulnerable, however, can lead them into delicate and dangerous situations.

If they can maintain a precious balance August 4th people have a determined strength that is formidable. However, if off centre they can cause great harm [usually to themselves] but also to the ideals they serve.It is crucial they remember to act in a responsible manner, since so many people may be depending on them.

Interesting , yes ?

Last edited:

Yet, if a new immigrant to the US failed to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance or the National Anthem, what would Megyn Kelly's reaction be?

The Birth Chart of the Duchess Of Sussex was mentioned on another thread..and that has lead me to consult a tome, i've long had in my Library, and which has proved remarkably accurate over many years..

I thought this may be of interest, but IF it offends, please 'don't shoot the messenger', these are NOT my words

'The secret Language of birthdays [Gary Goldschneider & Joost Elffers]. A guide to personality, based on pyschology, history, numerology. tarot and astrology.

This [in part] is what it has to say of those born on August 4th...

'THE DAY OF THE GUIDING LIGHT'

Those born on August the 4th are often the guiding light to whatever social group, political movement, family or business to which they belong. Not always 'cut out' to be leaders they must nevertheless occupy a principal position, indeed they make their influence felt and philosophy known to all with whom they associate. Often they are useful to their group in a largely symbolic role, as they may perfectly represent its aspirations and embody its ideals in their external appearance or lifestyle.

Being able to go their own way is important to these restless and active people. Too often they are hot-headed and somewhat irascible when encountering resistance. Because of these traits as well as their tendency to be in revolt against established systems they can only remain central to a group for a limited time, [unless that group is also about activity and revolution itself].
Being strong willed and strong minded they do best in a position where they are free to speak and do as they wish. Being able to shine to radiate their ideas and ideals to those about them, is of the utmost importance.

Quick and clever, they are masterly at sizing up their environment, nothing in their surroundings is lost on them and they generally respond to it quickly, as they have decisive, if not impulsive mentality.
Their tendency to think themselves invulnerable, however, can lead them into delicate and dangerous situations.

If they can maintain a precious balance August 4th people have a determined strength that is formidable. However, if off centre they can cause great harm [usually to themselves] but also to the ideals they serve.It is crucial they remember to act in a responsible manner, since so many people may be depending on them.

Interesting , yes ?

This is a birth chart on this forum for the Duchess? Link please?

And you know, we don't know much about Meghan's role in the new family and how she'll navigate that yet. However, a lot of this does remind me of another woman in the BRF that was born on Aug. 4th. The strength and guiding light does describe the Queen Mother to a tee, doesn't it? One hopes that Meghan can be a pillar of strength and a source of wisdom for her own family once she and Harry have child(ren). Although, I do have to caution that just because it's Aug 4, there are still distinctive difference that can make great changes based on the year and the time of birth as well.

Can you tell me which book you use?

Last edited:

Do you now understand why I avoid American news anchor discussions about the BRF like the proverbial plague? I remember when William was born, there was a highly regarded anchorwoman from a prestigious network who rolled her eyes and inquired why it was necessary to christen the child since he had already been named. I kid you not.:ohmy:

Just too embarrassing.

Curbside....excellent point about the expectation of immigrants to this country vs. what Meghan should do now that she is, for all intents and purposes, a British subject (if not in fact then in every other way that matters)

Last edited:
Link please?

No this isn't the DoS' chart, and I have not seen one, on this forum or elsewhere. As I explained my post above it taken from a book that uses numerous sources including birth charts to assess likely personality traits, in the same manner as birth charts do..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom