Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a rumor that they where at Lake Como in Italy. If true I suspect there are pictures of them taking the ferry to the house.

I hope this rumor is true! There is a story in the usual paper, sounds convincing, but there are no pictures.

I’ll believe it if I see pictures. Apparently they are everywhere.

They are just throwing out all these possible scenarios, and hoping that one sticks. She can't be in Toronto, LA and Lake Como all at the same time. The majority of these reports are hacks.

Rebecca English saying she heard Harry and Meghan were with the Clooneys.

Emily Andrews:

Where have #HarryandMeghan been this summer? Well... before Charlie van Straubenzee’s wedding, they spent 5 days at the Castle of Mey with Prince Charles, Harry went to Botswana solo and Meghan didn’t go to LA (and won’t be...). They also spent quality time at their Cotswold pad.

Meghan also didn’t go to Toronto... and this week or next they’ll be off to Balmoral Castle in Scotland to spend some time with the Queen & Duke of Edinburgh-possibly to coincide with the Cambridges.

Emily also confirms Sussexes were with the Clooneys. I wonder if there are pictures or got info from KP. They seem confident.

Last edited:
Emily tends to have a better track record so I'm more apt to believe her.

She was the only one to get the dress designer right...but was faked out when the designer lied so well! lol

LaRae

To me without pics or an explanation how is someone to know? The Palace doesn’t comment on private vacations.

We’re at point different reporters are saying they went here and there, others reporters says that’s wrong but they did go here.

None of them provide any evidence though. They just make declarations it seems.

Well if Sussexes and Cambridges are going to Balmoral we will know soon enough.

Some have much better track records than others do though.

LaRae

Balmoral is a little different because that’s a tradition. Even without pics that’s something they do every year.

It’s all these other seemingly random holidays. They were in Scotland, they weren’t in Scotland. She went to Canada, she didn’t go to Canada.

And not only aren’t there pics but not even random comments on social media.

Even if someone can’t take your picture, they’re able to tweet they saw you in the airport or whatever.

Last edited:
The reporters got the Clooney stuff from the Italian media. So who knows. I agree it’s all rumors but they all seem mighty confident, so I wonder if the international press has pictures. It’s all a grain of salt.

Both Harry and Meghan like going on holidays, either together or separately. It’s not I think they stay in Britain all the time but it’s curious how they’re able to travel 100 percent incognito

Maybe Italy will be true. Richard Palmer is saying he thinks it legit

With pictures, it's a weird situation. Depending on where they were, they might not be able to legally publish the photos. However, doesn't mean it's not circulated among the reporters/bloggers/editors and such. Think about the Jamaica pictures on the balcony that we never saw. Even with the ones we did, the ones of them on the beach were deemed as invasion of privacy by IPSO after MailOnline published them.

OTOH, sometimes things just get spread out of control and started being told as the truth. Like Meghan's pictures being used in the Cambridge case. Some royal reporters swore up and down that it's true and a good scoop. Well, we know what happened with that.

Last edited:
Some have much better track records than others do though.

LaRae

Sometimes Emily does get things right regarding their work stuff less so their personal stuff but she isn't providing any new information just quoting what has been circulating in the Italian media.

If there were photos the reporters usually hint saying there are pictures like that story of Harry exiting the R&R office that they said was him paying for the dress.

There were pictures of him exiting the office building of R&R but because his gym was located on the otherside of the building and he was leaving out the back way which made it look like he was leaving the R&R office because their office is in their building.

The reporters knew about the pictures before they were published so they al confidentiality started writing articles about how the dress would be Ralph & Russou

So pics or no pics will determine the truth of this story. The Italian paparazzi are usually following George and Amal all the time and we've seen pictures of other guests while at lake Como and Chi doesn't have any restrictions publishing the pictures as they did the Jamaica pictures (unless the Clooney take a legal step and threatened to sue)

Just like I doubt Emily knows that Meghan doesn't have plans to see her mother like she just mentioned in the comments on twitter

Last edited:
Assuming they are at Balmoral on a Sunday we'll most likely see them going to/from church.
It is amazing that they so easily elude the press when they travel. Of course, they could just be staying home.

We have quite consistently seen pictures of William and Catherine attending church on Sunday during their visit so I suspect this year will be no difference.

Given that Zara was at an horse event on Mon I suspect the family depart sometime on Sunday, I wonder if they stay a full week or just a few days?

Sometimes Emily does get things right regarding their work stuff less so their personal stuff but she isn't providing any new information just quoting what has been circulating in the Italian media.....

...Just like I doubt Emily knows that Meghan doesn't have plans to see her mother like she just mentioned in the comments on twitter

If they have no idea where Harry & Meghan are or have been, they’d also have no idea about her Mother. A woman who Meghan previously said, travels a lot. Good that they’ve been able to have some privacy, despite all of the noise.

When asked how the media might have found out about the visit to Italy Palmer replied likely due to the increased security and police presence around the area tipping people off.

Harry has spoken previously about how he is able to get around and go grocery shopping by himself without anyone recognizing him.

Harry and Meghan were in the UK or Toronto together never more than two weeks apart during their courtship (as they stated in their engagement itw) but we very rarely saw pictures of either of them at both these places only a handful of times. Meghan and Harry were pictured together only about 3 or 4 times through out their entire courtship.

They clearly have some sort of system that works for them down pat.

It could be the increased security around the couple since Meghan joined the family that might be to tipping some people off about their presence.

Last edited:
Maybe no photos from the weekend with the Clooneys - Harry and Meghan are being reported as spending all their time there within the grounds of the villa.

Private jet there on Thursday evening - leaving again at 6.00pm local time Sunday, from Malpensa airport.

Meghan spending time with the twins, Harry and George playing basketball with other friends.

Big dinner with other people thrown by the Clooneys for the Royal couple on Saturday night.

(I won't post links as this is everywhere on the internet. Looks like "Chi" magazine had the story first, but now "Hello" and all the others.)

Last edited:
:previous: Hmm, seems to me that Harry and Meghan have aced the "flying under the radar" aspect of public life. Good for them . . . sad for us all wanting pictures of the happy couple being happy.

Throw us a bone, just one teensy little bone please, that's all I ask. I don't care where you are or who you're with.

I have to agree. IMO VERY strange interior design, rather looks like it has been done with a lot of "leftovers". But I also agree the staircase is lovely as is the swimming pool.:ohmy:

I guess Meghan is the first person to be in what 3 or 4 different places at the same time and yet no pictures of her anywhere....wonder if she will let us in on her secret of how to do this.....if no picture as that is proof, then not believing it at all. Meghan must be driving the media crazy for they can't find her......:lol:, so she is here, there and everywhere....

George rents his villa out when he's not using it.

Photos of the pool Meghan and Harry are reported to have spent time around.

Great setting, but I'm not impressed with the interior design at all.

No wow-factor for me, apart from the staircase.

https://www.rentalescapes.com/renta...aly/lombardy/lake-como/villa-oleandra-109095/

I love it! :flowers: Very light and airy!

The floors coupled with the sparely decorated ceilings, with some great wall changes: I think the sum effect is lovely. The dining room with the peach walls, intricate floor marble/tile, and exquisite ceiling, gorgeous! ❤️ (Probably where the dinner was held with all the luminaries ;)). One or two of the rooms don't 'work' for me but I would suspect the camera cannot give the full experience.

I'd rent it in a heartbeat. ;)

Last edited:
It would be interesting to see if that story appears in the paper version of The Sun today.

I'm betting not.

Nope it doesn't. I only checked the headlines of The Sun, it's in a blurb at the top, but they now think Harry and Meghan are staying with the Clooneys. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom