Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 2: February 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fastest selling is not money (and I will hazard a guess it is probably an untrue statement- Vogue has been around for over 100 years!) but it’s a pretty unimportant statement of an over inflated pat on the back that holds no real weight when you dig deeper into the facts!- which most people don’t do.
Which is to be true Meghan speciality.

Questions for you
How many copies were printed compared to past Sep issues? Compared to regular issues of.. say the past three years?- if say only 250k were printed compared to 400k of past Sep issues than yes it can be called fastest selling, because well.. you were printing less issues to begin with (and pricing it much lower than even a regular issue). Will it still be the fastest had it printed 400k? Likely not.

How many copies compared to past Sep issues has it sold (printed and digital)?

How much revenue was actually made compared to past Sep issues? - both from sales and from Ads?

How much revenue was made compared to regular issues?

And the biggest question: how likely it will be that other issues would sale just as much if their price was slashed in half?

And again: it also was not the biggest seller as the Sep 2016 issue sold more copies- I believe over 300k+, therefore generated more revenue- as it was also priced regularly.
I also won’t be surprised if the 100th issue likely sold more issues- but I can’t seem to locate numbers at the moment.

Share holders (and editors too!) don’t care how fast something sold (because that is a number that can be controlled- ie if I only printed two copies of something and both of them sold within two days, I can argue it was the fastest selling things compared to others), but how much money was made,m.
And how many copies were actually sold vs. how many were printed.

I don't know what your problem is I didn't make up the numbers. I'm just going by what the editor (representative) of the magazine said....the edition that Meghan guest-edited was a huge success and did break records. If you don't like it or want to question the numbers go to the magazine.

Let's move on.

The Duchess of Sussex is visiting the Robert Clack Secondary school in Dagenham today;

Member of the public captured a video of her arriving:

Update: Daily Mail article, from videos it looks like there was only one photographer on scene and I imagine we might get some photos via SussexRoyal at a later date.

Last edited:
Last edited:
What an amazing engagement. That one young man who walked on stage -- hilarious.

I loved the guy who went on stage. It was a great laugh.

Awesome engagement. Fantastic surprise for the students for sure.

I understand he is their head boy and he looked understandably thrilled with his hug!

So Meghan’s Friday visit was embargoed until the Sunday papers because she didn’t want to clash with Camilla’s speech. So the Royal Corrs kept it embargoed, however Meghan/the Sussex spokespeople then went and released information about her National Theatre engagement to the The Evening Standard which came out the day of Camilla’s speech.

Make of it what you will but for this is very much controlling the press to suit their needs, which isn’t going to work in their favour in the long. It’s clear that it caused the royal household some issues.

So Meghan’s Friday visit was embargoed until the Sunday papers because she didn’t want to clash with Camilla’s speech. So the Royal Corrs kept it embargoed, however Meghan/the Sussex spokespeople then went and released information about her National Theatre engagement to the The Evening Standard which came out the day of Camilla’s speech.

Make of it what you will but for this is very much controlling the press to suit their needs, which isn’t going to work in their favour in the long. It’s clear that it caused the royal household some issues.

If it's true that Meghan didn't want to clash with Camilla, then it appears it's the Sussex PR people who released the info - and if that's the case, she and Harry really need to get a grip on them as they are doing the very opposite of what PR people are supposed to do (which is making them look good).

More from Richard, which I agree with...but then I've consistently had issues with H and M wanting to "use" their own group of media

The other interesting point for me at least is that I understand the National Theatre was frustrated that some of Meghan’s previous visits had been “private” and wanted to push her latest visit to promote one of its attractions.

The National Theatre’s frustration may herald a problem for Harry and Meghan in the future. If their visits to patronages and projects aren’t covered live by the media it does devalue the patronage or support.

Setting aside websites, which will always go for cheap clicks, the Sussexes do face a problem in future if they don’t invite credible national media to cover their projects. A handful of sycophants who never challenge or ask awkward questions will soon reduce public interest.

If it's true that Meghan didn't want to clash with Camilla, then it appears it's the Sussex PR people who released the info - and if that's the case, she and Harry really need to get a grip on them as they are doing the very opposite of what PR people are supposed to do (which is making them look good).

More from Richard, which I agree with...but then I've consistently had issues with H and M wanting to "use" their own group of media

I thinknow the picture may well have been forced by the National Theatre but then the Sussexes used it to promote their own activities in America. Which is weird. Anything the Sussexes do will upstage Camilla. Anything anyone younger does up stages the others. Unless it is the Queen. If Harry and Meghan stuck around one day so things that Charlotte will do will upstage them. We like our royals young or very old.

Meghan has been said to be engaged, prepared and questioning with her charities. Which is amazing if you are a campaigner, PR spokesperson for the charity. And it is admirable that she does this HOWEVER your value to the charity or organisation is in your appearing, showing up to highlight their work. You are not an external auditor coming in to improve how they work. Kate is engaged and active with her charities but she understands how her royalness benefits them. Meghan doesn't get it yet. What she wants rewlly wants is a royal that I don't think exists. Be Lady Godiva but also, be glamorous and beautiful and have the media showcase you at big events. It is a problem and to be honest I don't see it ending well for them.

Last edited:
Again can someone explain it to me like I am two.... how is Meghan the big clash when literally Sophie, Charles, Anne, and Harry all had engagements that day? Even the Cambridges posted a cute PDA picture on their Instagram. Yet Meghan is the silly little scandal here? Sorry. I just can't take this seriously and it seems like they just targeting her. The others are fine to do engagements but Meghan must not? Hmm.

And as for the National Theatre? I saw A LOT of coverage of that engagement. Not really sure what Palmer is talking about. The definitely were not lacking PR.

Their PR team has always been rather useless. I honestly think they don’t know what they are doing. Shame H&M don’t seem to realise that and get themselves a better team.

Again can someone explain it to me like I am two.... how is Meghan the big clash when literally Sophie, Charles, Anne, and Harry all had engagements that day? Even the Cambridges posted a cute PDA picture on their Instagram. Yet Meghan is the silly little scandal here? Sorry. I just can't take this seriously and it seems like they just targeting her. The others are fine to do engagements but Meghan must not? Hmm.

And as for the National Theatre? I saw A LOT of coverage of that engagement. Not really sure what Palmer is talking about. The definitely were not lacking PR.

It isn't a scandal but theory is a bit of an understanding with the royals that if someone does something big the others will keep low key on that day. And anything Meghan or Harry do this week. Will upstage everyone.

The national got a bit of real time coverage. Not a lot. The Endeavour Awards got a lot because of the pictures.

But I think, the point is this is the only thing she has done for the National that has garnered attention. She hasn't appeared to see any of their new writing for example or appeared to promote their hugh push on woman's voices at the moment. Which would be right up Meghan's street and which is obvious when you walk through the shop doors there. And there director's wife is a writer of much influencd. She hasn't really shown her face to promote much although she is said to be engaged. Kate has done more face time for the royal ballet and she isn't even a patron.

Their PR team has always been rather useless. I honestly think they don’t know what they are doing. Shame H&M don’t seem to realise that and get themselves a better team.

Which PR team would that be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 2: February 2019 -

I think the issue is here, that Meghan vocalised her desire that the National Theatre engagement which happened on 5th March, pictures and information were embargoed to “certain” press, and then her press contingent chose to give an exclusive to The Evening Standard. That’s where the story originated.

Richard Palmers interpretation of the National Theatres POV, is that they wanted the event to be publicised at the time it was happening and not to delay it for a couple of days. This was because Meghan’s previous visits had been private, and weren’t getting press attention from the U.K. based associations.

Richard isn’t saying Meghan can’t do engagements on the same day as other royals. What he’s saying is that Meghan said she wasn’t going to publicise the event out of respect for Camilla’s speech, and then went ahead and publicised it anyone by choosing only one paper for an exclusive.

Which PR team would that be?

We don’t actually know who’s part of their current PR team, but I do agree that they have more recently consistently made slip ups which don’t look good.

Last edited:
It isn't a scandal but theory is a bit of an understanding with the royals that if someone does something big the others will keep low key on that day. And anything Meghan or Harry do this week. Will upstage everyone.

The national got a bit of real time coverage. Not a lot. The Endeavour Awards got a lot because of the pictures.

But I think, the point is this is the only thing she has done for the National that has garnered attention. She hasn't appeared to see any of their new writing for example or appeared to promote their hugh push on woman's voices at the moment. Which would be right up Meghan's street and which is obvious when you walk through the shop doors there. And there director's wife is a writer of much influencd. She hasn't really shown her face to promote much although she is said to be engaged. Kate has done more face time for the royal ballet and she isn't even a patron.

And yet 4 other royals were busy that day. One set of rules for them and another for Meghan? Yet people are really trying to say she isn't treated differently? Clearly she is.

Real time coverage. Isn't that what all their engagements tend to be? The only difference was the media wasn't physically there but it still garnered a lot of coverage regardless.

Endeavour was just on another level due to that viral image. But amazing for them. I even saw the couple who got engaged being interviewed by TV networks. What a treat for them.

Palmer claims one thing and the director of the theatre says another. I'll go with Rufus Norris on this one. He literally said they were working on a project. We have no idea what she is doing with them. We do know she tends to keep her projects close to the vest and then it is a grand reveal. She also has been pretty hands on with all of her patronages. Some more publicly than others but all still benefiting well.

So until I see that has changed... I don't really see the issue except some trying to make a grand story out of Meghan as usual.

We don’t actually know who’s part of their current PR team, but I do agree that they have more recently consistently made slip ups which don’t look good.

Well there are two. The Buckingham palace office and the American ones. It depends who you consider to be in charge.

And yet 4 other royals were busy that day. One set of rules for them and another for Meghan? Yet people are really trying to say she isn't treated differently? Clearly she is.

Real time coverage. Isn't that what all their engagements tend to be? The only difference was the media wasn't physically there but it still garnered a lot of coverage regardless.

Endeavour was just on another level due to that viral image. But amazing for them. I even saw the couple who got engaged being interviewed by TV networks. What a treat for them.

Palmer claims one thing and the director of the theatre says another. I'll go with Rufus Norris on this one. He literally said they were working on a project. We have no idea what she is doing with them. We do know she tends to keep her projects close to the vest and then it is a grand reveal. She also has been pretty hands on with all of her patronages. Some more publicly than others but all still benefiting well.

So until I see that has changed... I don't really see the issue except some trying to make a grand story out of Meghan as usual.

No it isn't one rule for her and another for them. Meghan would have outshone all,of them. And their protocol is to hold back if another member is doing something hugh.

It most certainly did not get lots of coverage. The Endeavour Awards did here on morning gossip tv bu not anything else. The only thing anyone cares about is Corona and Camilla's comments about self isolating got more comments than anything else. And the Endeavour Awards aside from that picture wasn't covered by mainstream media here a log with her all the way in Canada comments.

This is one last hooray for them and image wise they are doing their thing with a blinder. The photographers are delighted but there is only one story around at the moment anyway. And it isn't them or any member of the royal family. Although Kate walking out of Waterstones with some books seems to have done a good job in trying to steal, it from them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there are two. The Buckingham palace office and the American ones. It depends who you consider to be in charge.

What do you mean by the Buckingham Palace office and the American ones?

My understanding is that the Sussexes now have one PR team which has spoken on their behalf, their spokesperson as the RR are referring to them. I have seen no information come from a Buckingham Palace office in regards to the Sussexes?

Head of communications is Sara Latham, I think. They’ve also reportedly hired Sunshine Sachs as a PR company.

* I wanted to put this in the correct thread, but they’re all closed.*

What do you mean by the Buckingham Palace office and the American ones?

My understanding is that the Sussexes now have one PR team which has spoken on their behalf, their spokesperson as the RR are referring to them. I have seen no information come from a Buckingham Palace office in regards to the Sussexes?

Head of communications is Sara Latham, I think. They’ve also reportedly hired Sunshine Sachs as a PR company.

* I wanted to put this in the correct thread, but they’re all closed.*

Well they do have two. Whoever runs their website but I think that is Canadian. Sara Latham works from Buckingham Palace. That is where their offices is. But goodness me they have had their work cut out for them. Give them a bit of slack. The Sussexes do everything but listen to them. And basically they have a job for three weeks.

Well they do have two. Whoever runs their website but I think that is Canadian. Sara Latham works from Buckingham Palace. That is where their offices is. But goodness me they have had their work cut out for them. Give them a bit of slack. The Sussexes do everything but listen to them. And basically they have a job for three weeks.

We'll have to agree to disagree, because I don't see them as having two press offices. They have a spokesperson speaking on their behalf, who is definitely does not appear to be connected to Buckingham Palace. It doesn't make sense for Sara to be based at BP when they've done all they possibly can to distance themself from the royal household, quickly.

We'll have to agree to disagree, because I don't see them as having two press offices. They have a spokesperson speaking on their behalf, who is definitely does not appear to be connected to Buckingham Palace. It doesn't make sense for Sara to be based at BP when they've done all they possibly can to distance themself from the royal household, quickly.

But that is where their royal offices are. they will go in 3 weeks. Including Sarah. They are the ones who continue to deal with the royal stuff and I think the other lot will be the ones going forward and the ones who deal with the other stuff. It is very confusing and chaotic.

:previous: I love the photo of Meghan hugging the students - she has a great charisma!

So, that's one of the reasons they end their royal life on March 31. It had to be prior to April 3.

The March 31? They announced it on their website.

I don't read their website. is this related to the time when Harry was making a suggestion to the CEo Of Disney... that he hire Meghan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom