Oslo and Utøya Attacks & the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the royal family is shocked as all the people of Norway.When I saw photo of Mette-Marrit,I remained without words,it was clear that she cried

I am utterly shocked by what happened in this peaceful country that is Norway. I´ve prayed for all those who died in such an awful fashion and for their families.
It´s great to see tha whole Royal Family immediately present to console and be with the people. And also that they would bring the children to honour the victims and to learn that life is not only made of joys.A great example for them.

It also shows us that, in the face of death, every one of us - whether prince or pauper - is equal.

So heartbreaking. Such evil a single person can make. It is horrible.

Last edited:
It is a shock for the peaceful nation like Norway, for everybody in the world as well.
The Royal Family is there for the relatives of the victims, as well as the Prime minister. It shows how united the nation is.
My prayers are with those who suffered the tragedy. RIP.

I just want to thank everyone for the photos and information allowing us to keep in touch with what is happening. It is heartening to know that the royal family and of course the brilliant primeminister have been doing what they can in such horrific and sad circumstances. Love to Norway x x x c

Their Majesties King Harald and Queen Sonja inspected the ministries in the afternoon together with Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg.They saw the great destruction in the Government building, where nearly all the offices are destroyed. Seven people died in the explosion on Friday, and there is constantly searching for more missing
kongehuset.no - Befaring i Regjeringskvartalet
Google Translation

I h.ave always admired and loved the NRF and now, more than ever I see them not only as royals, but also as people who have shared the grief of their nation openly.
To see their tears and also to see them bringing their children to see and take part in their nation´s sorrow. They could have shielded them, but they prefered to have them understand how there are times of joy and pomp as well as times of grief and sorrow.
May God bless Norway and give renewed strength and unity to its marvelous people.

As a Norwegian these past days have been utterly shocking and terrible. I’ve been glued to the TV and laptop ever since the news first reported of the explosion and then the island shooting following. This is just a completely harrowing and so difficult to grasp.

I am very proud of how the nation’s leaders have handled the situation and it’s been so heartening to see members of the Royal Family.

It is in the aftermath of these attacks we will show our self and others that we will stand together. I’ve seem four wonderful quotes used in reference to these attacks in the last days and I think they all say much about how Norwegians will look at this.

“Freedom is stronger than fear”, taken from the King’s speech to the people.

“No one will not bomb us to silence. No one will not shoot us to silence. No one will ever stop us from being Norway”, taken from the Prime Minister’s first speech to the people.

“If one man can show this much hate think how much love we can show together”, a survivor, Stine Renate Håheim to CNN.

“We are so few in our country, every fallen is a brother and friend”, from a poem by Nordahl Grieg.

Monday at noon, local time, Norway and Sweden will have one minute national silence.

Some links to videos and pictures with the royal family.

http://www.vgtv.no/#!id=42449

http://www.vgtv.no/#!id=42451

Dagen etter tragedien | siste.no
Samlet i sorgen | siste.no

Kongeparet vist rundt | siste.no

- Vi vil vre en sttte for ofre, prrende og venner - nyheter - Dagbladet.no

Kongen og dronningen gråt av sang i domkirken - Klipp - NRK.no

Some more links, I'm sorry if some of the have already been posted.

http://www.tv2.no/nyheter/innenriks...-sjokk-i-dag-er-det-tid-for-sorg-3545194.html The whole service at Oslo Cathedral can be seen here.

- Jeg satte stor pris på besøket - Nyheter - Innenriks - Aftenposten.no A young survivor sying he appreciated the Crown Prince and Crown Princess coming to talk to him and others.

– Friheten er sterkere enn frykten - Norge - NRK Nyheter (The King's speech)

kongehuset.no - Oslo og Utøya (The first comment from the King, poor man, he looks absolutely stricken)

Kongefamilien tente lys for ofrene - Norge - NRK Nyheter (Crown Prince Family and Queen, looking at messages, candles and flowers people have put down in Oslo).

Hi, her majesty, the last time that i remember that the king cried in public was when king olav dead. I think so.

I think Fortimo is referring to the recent terrorist attack in Norway. And I agree with her that it's unseemly to discuss something as trivial as Mette-Marit's hair at a time like this.

We in the United States have felt the pain of the killing our innocent people. We feel your pain, and we grieve with you as you grieved for us in our times of national tragedies. May God be merciful to you and to your victims.

I watched a bit of the memorial this morning on CBC very bleary eyed and half awake sad to say I fell back asleep about half way through it was like 7am here when it aired. Anyways the thing that really moved me was when I saw the King and Queen cry. That's truly when I realized how much this has affected every single Norwegian. My heart goes out to them all once again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom