Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stephanie never really announced her engagement. If I remember correctly Caroline posed with grace and Rainier in the garden for her engagement to junot. As for the other two marriages I don't think so. I think she posed on the balcony after she married Stefano.

There are plenty of women who wait for the men they love to propose. Some have waited five and ten years I know some. Charlene didn't just invent this it has been happening for years.

Okay that's too many questions for me to answer when i'm this tired. :)
Your right no one was holding a gun to her head, she could have left to get married earlier. She obviously didn't, she was waiting for Albert and she got Albert.
Yes she has worked in her life, before being a swimming she was a teacher
I never said the girl has got integrity written all over, I was simply asking question as to your response.
I'm not saying anything like what you suggesting, that she is mindless or has no free will. She obviously does, she had the mind to stay, she had the mind to except the proposal.
Albert doesn't owe her anything, he obviously wants to married the woman, he asked her to marry him.
I'm not sugar coating her, I'm just saying what my opinion is of her. She seems like a perfectly nice woman, who has never done anything particularly wrong and she seems a wonderful companion for Albert.

Did I answer most questions? ;)

If Caroline and Stephanie didn't do it.
Why should Charlene and Albert?
It only applies if there is sort of a standing tradition.

Yes I know, i was wondering why people insists in finding things in Charlene that supposedley makes her not appropiate for Albert.
I think she is fine, if she is the woman Albert wants to marry, there must be a reason. I hope the reason is love. Beacause he has dated a lot women, but he finally decided to marry Charlene.

You guys may not like it, but to become an Olympic swimmer (or similar) is definitely a job, and more than that, a vocation, for most, or even all, serious athletes.

She has also done some modelling, I believe, for sports clothes and cars.

And, if reports are correct, she has been teaching children to swim.

SO WHAT'S WRONG ???

Oh where to start? ;)

Money doesn't give one a patent on intellegence, I don't know why these people waste their time in the press, it is really insulting and that is the worst of it. If Albert likes Charlenes with her warts and all then why are they trying so hard to pretend she is something she is not. She is not bothered by it! If she was ever bothered by it she would have done something about it--she didn't, she is perfectly fine with who she is and what she is about and apparently so is Albert or he wouldn't have asked her to marry him. If Charlene thought it was important to be more, she would have done more and been more. Do they really think they can reinvent her in the press? These people are the only people that believe their own press and the reality is starting to show. My comment addressing the above got lost, but Renata you know as well as I do the farce of it all. Using disadvantaged SA children to promote oneself on the cover of PM. Is that the "report" you are referring to? She sounds like a really selfless girl. ;)

I think they better stop while they are less behind, they are only calling attention to what they wish to hide. The press to come now is not going to be only the press they plant themselves anymore, they better watch out for falling skeletons, they have opened the door here, not shut it.;)

try making sense out of all this.

Speaking to the Citizen, the bride's mother, Lynette Wittstock, a former competitive diver, said she was "thrilled … I am ecstatic my daughter is finally getting hitched. My family is happy, we like him very much." (Cyn de Harven says"finally getting hitched". What? At the "grand old age" of 32? Yes finally! Snort.)

Colombe Pringle executive editor of the French celebrity magazine "Point de Vue,
said Wittstock has spent their years together preparing for the stress and responsibilities of being a princess.

which contradicts the statement 'The principality's people will have plenty of time to get know her after the prince revealed that the wedding is set for summer 2011'

and 'Albert also talked about Charlene's "sensitivity and openness" to others, adding that he hoped that the Monegasque population would give her a good welcome'.

If Charlene been living in Monaco and has been preparing for all these years for her role why is she not acquinted with her subjects?What has she been doing in Monaco?

Nancy Wilson, an editor at The Riviera Reporter based in nearby Nice, France, was not convinced that a wedding is "going to happen soon."Wilson said the announcement may have been designed to appease those losing patience with Albert's bachelorhood or perhaps to boost his standing among entrenched interests in Monaco who had resisted his efforts to change tax and economic policies.

Charlene has not stayed with Albert out of love but rather out of stubborness. Perhaps Albert is too tired to care!

Well that's your opinion.
Why would she be acquinted with her subjects, when she wasn't even engaged to there prince?
She isn't going to go out on a regular basis and just say to people "Hey I'm training to be a princess of your country one" That would make her be incredible presumptous.

It doesn't contradict the statement.
She could have been preparing herself for years, but now that she is engaged, she will meet the people she will rule with Albert. They aren't apparently getting married till next summer.

Why would she stay with him out of stubborness?

Let me get this straight Charlene is not good enough for Albert because she didn't work during the last four years. She also waited for the man she loved to propose and she is a horrible person. Did it occur to anyone that maybe Albert asked her not to work . If Charlene waiting was bad what was Albert making her wait for four years? Shouldn't he have been man enough to propose in two years instead of making her wait four.[/QUOTE

I agree why wait for four years when she 'brings you joy' Albert?

Yes I know, i was wondering why people insists in finding things in Charlene that supposedley makes her not appropiate for Albert.
I think she is fine, if she is the woman Albert wants to marry, there must be a reason. I hope the reason is love. Beacause he has dated a lot women, but he finally decided to marry Charlene.

yes, if it was love, what took him so long?

He really hasn't "dated" a lot of women, but always the same type. This guy never gave himself a chance, he's been embroiled with whatever this relationship with Charlene is since he took over. I guess he finally bowed to the pressure that he promised he wouldn't, that sounds like it's going to be a happy marriage for the two of them. Now much more is expected of Charlene she has had four long years to rehearse unlike the other princesses. I can't wait to see what she pulls out, she should be ahead of the game. I can't wait for the interview's and speeches.

Nathalie, we just call it like we see it. You certainly are welcome to your own opinion, but only your own. Also just because something isn't said it doesn't mean that everyone is not thinking it. You think Charlene isn't getting the reception and media attention that she thought she would have? ;) This surprises her?

Just because your in love doesn't mean you marry someone straight away.
I use this reference loosely but Kate and William have been dating for 8 years and they have yet to get married.
The pair obviously didn't want to get married.

Just because your in love doesn't mean you marry someone straight away.
I use this reference loosely but Kate and William have been dating for 8 years and they have yet to get married.
The pair obviously didn't want to get married.

My thoughts exactly.

Besides-because Albert is the Sovereign Prince/Head of State, the Monegasque people probably expect a big wedding (which will take a while to coordinate/plan)for him or perhaps Charlene wants a big wedding or maybe Albert's "little black book" is filled with things up until then.

Well that's your opinion.
Why would she be acquinted with her subjects, when she wasn't even engaged to there prince?
She isn't going to go out on a regular basis and just say to people "Hey I'm training to be a princess of your country one" That would make her be incredible presumptous.

It doesn't contradict the statement.
She could have been preparing herself for years, but now that she is engaged, she will meet the people she will rule with Albert. They aren't apparently getting married till next summer.

Why would she stay with him out of stubborness?

why not get acquinted with the people? The real Monegasques. It would have shown the 'openness' that Albert says was one of her attractive qualities. There is also the quality of being humble, people would have sensed that and would have reciprocated her effort and welcomed her.

'Preparing herself' means she already knew she had got the 'post', therefore why didn't she meet her subjects during that time?

She would not go regardless of how Albert felt or however unhealthy the relationship was = stubborness.

try making sense out of all this.

Speaking to the Citizen, the bride's mother, Lynette Wittstock, a former competitive diver, said she was "thrilled … I am ecstatic my daughter is finally getting hitched. My family is happy, we like him very much." (Cyn de Harven says"finally getting hitched". What? At the "grand old age" of 32? Yes finally! Snort.)

Colombe Pringle executive editor of the French celebrity magazine "Point de Vue,
said Wittstock has spent their years together preparing for the stress and responsibilities of being a princess.

which contradicts the statement 'The principality's people will have plenty of time to get know her after the prince revealed that the wedding is set for summer 2011'

and 'Albert also talked about Charlene's "sensitivity and openness" to others, adding that he hoped that the Monegasque population would give her a good welcome'.

If Charlene been living in Monaco and has been preparing for all these years for her role why is she not acquinted with her subjects?What has she been doing in Monaco?

Nancy Wilson, an editor at The Riviera Reporter based in nearby Nice, France, was not convinced that a wedding is "going to happen soon."Wilson said the announcement may have been designed to appease those losing patience with Albert's bachelorhood or perhaps to boost his standing among entrenched interests in Monaco who had resisted his efforts to change tax and economic policies.

Charlene has not stayed with Albert out of love but rather out of stubborness. Perhaps Albert is too tired to care!

Was that last statement quoted in the press? Will whatever his plans he is just digging himself in it deeper? Who is in charge of Albert's PR, what are these people thinking?

Well I wonder how she has been preparing for the stress and responsibilities the last four years there in Monaco. One would think after four years her French should at least be pretty good and she should have had a chance to at least get a high school diploma or some schooling or at least a chance to aquire some skills that will want to make people handover their money to a charity with her name attached to it. I imagine that is the plan. Personally I don't think I would have much confidence myself there, it's not like there is a dirth of opportunities to be charitable-- will people really respect and choose to fork over money for Charlene's cause. I mean she is so worldly and up on the troubles of the world, so much that she actually was able to escape hers. What kind of responsibility is going to be entrusted to Charlene?

I think the people of Monaco has already had a good chance to get to know her? ;) I've seen the Welcome on their faces in the stands and events she attends? I wonder if Albert thinks a title is going to make the difference in how they feel about Charlene?

Prince Albert and Charlene advancement

:)Part 2: Let us give love a chance. Wait and see how Prince Albert and Charlene will weather under these Establishments. Every organization whether it is a Monarchy or a Chicken Farm is govern by Administrators also there are the Media which is one of the greatest institution on earth they can BUILD a per up and they can TEAR them down then there are the SPIN DOCTORS who can SPIN straw into gold. Lest Iforget the scrutiny of Public Opinion.

:ermm:Prince Albert and Charlene will inherit a society where respect, good manners and even the style of dressing are at its lowest degree. I am an opera fan and prior to the 1980s both women and men dressed to attend the theatre and the opera houses; the past decade the younger generation are wearing Jeans, T-shirts and sneakers at these events. How will Albert and Charlene blossom in this new era. Time will tell.

;)I have the most recent Spanish Hello Magazine with pictures of Princess Victoria's Wedding containing pictures of Albert and Charlene which have not been posted on the internet. I must say that Charlene looked every inch a QUEEN I will try to post them so you all can see them.

:)Part 2: Let us give love a chance. Wait and see how Prince Albert and Charlene will weather under these Establishments. Every organization whether it is a Monarchy or a Chicken Farm is govern by Administrators also there are the Media which is one of the greatest institution on earth they can BUILD a per up and they can TEAR them down then there are the SPIN DOCTORS who can SPIN straw into gold. Lest Iforget the scrutiny of Public Opinion.

:ermm:Prince Albert and Charlene will inherit a society where respect, good manners and even the style of dressing are at its lowest degree. I am an opera fan and prior to the 1980s both women and men dressed to attend the theatre and the opera houses; the past decade the younger generation are wearing Jeans, T-shirts and sneakers at these events. How will Albert and Charlene blossom in this new era. Time will tell.

;)I have the most recent Spanish Hello Magazine with pictures of Princess Victoria's Wedding containing pictures of Albert and Charlene which have not been posted on the internet. I must say that Charlene looked every inch a QUEEN I will try to post them so you all can see them.
Yes and I was once betrothed to a man who wore spats, monocle and knew what a lavaliere was.How times change. Charlene may have looked every inch a Queen at the Victoria wedding to you but right before my very eyes here in Canada I see a "lady" who is one and was destined to be one- Queen Elizabeth who pledged her life whether long or short to serving us forever-from ironically South Africa long ago..... Did she need a spin doctor? No- She is still amazing.......Does Queen Elizabeth speak French - yes- and learnt it rather well and quickly from what I have read.
I have not as yet seen[but hope to soon] any inkling whatsoever of the magnanimity or translated feelings of humanitarianism into reality of Charlene at all.Perhaps Pa has not allowed Cw to act in this capacity as yet.Maybe I missed something as I travel back and forth to Shagri La every other week for four long years now. Pa and Cw did not even wave from the palace balcony on their big day. They did not even arrange fireworks that night.It would appear and I maybe wrong that until now that Charlene is protective of Charlene perhaps because she has had to be and I will be happily surprised should that ever change and I can see or hear the proof.The chance was bestowed as soon as the ring went on Miss Wittsock's finger.The extended timeframe beyond these four years to give their love yet an extension and people to clamour to organize while perspiring simultaneously is something of an extenuating nature I think people are conjuring that might happen because they watch too many soap operas.

Thank you, Jaya, for the accolade bestowed on "our" Queen. She is a truly iconic Royal with an outstanding sense of duty.

We can't expect little Monaco to even begin to compete with that, and it couldn't, even if it tried. Therefore I'm not surprised that there was no balcony appearance on Engagement Day, indeed it would have been overkill on their part.

PA won't be doing things the way they have been done, and one has to accept that. No good dreaming of Ruritania - Little Monaco is not the stuff of operettas, but a hardbitten, wealth-acquisition-mad Principality.

PA has the right attitude regarding the future of Monaco, and his future wife will have to toe the line - which, I'm sure, she'll be only too glad to do.

May I add a teenie weenie micro-sized criticism of our splendid Monaco Moderators and ask them not to use the phrase "Monaco Royal House" ? Monaco was lucky to have become a Principlaity, but it won't ever be Royal anything :))

Thank you, Jaya, for the accolade bestowed on "our" Queen. She is a truly iconic Royal with an outstanding sense of duty.

We can't expect little Monaco to even begin to compete with that, and it couldn't, even if it tried. Therefore I'm not surprised that there was no balcony appearance on Engagement Day, indeed it would have been overkill on their part.

PA won't be doing things the way they have been done, and one has to accept that. No good dreaming of Ruritania - Little Monaco is not the stuff of operettas, but a hardbitten, wealth-acquisition-mad Principality.

PA has the right attitude regarding the future of Monaco, and his future wife will have to toe the line - which, I'm sure, she'll be only too glad to do.

May I add a teenie weenie micro-sized criticism of our splendid Monaco Moderators and ask them not to use the phrase "Monaco Royal House" ? Monaco was lucky to have become a Principlaity, but it won't ever be Royal anything :))

Its all apple and oranges isn't it, Renata?
Its 2010- To the everyday man where a family actually rules a principality and have his subjects bow to his office is in fact royalty- HM-HIM-HRH-HSH its all the same thing isn't it. I understand that Spain let the title slip through the cracks;) for the Grimaldi family. France honored the title of Prince and gave the family peerages in France. Tiny Monaco survived 700 plus years and is in fact named in Gotha. Royal Family of Monaco is justly deserved!! Maybe because I am a american and from Philadelphia:) I feel this way.

Yes and I was once betrothed to a man who wore spats, monocle and knew what a lavaliere was.How times change. Charlene may have looked every inch a Queen at the Victoria wedding to you but right before my very eyes here in Canada I see a "lady" who is one and was destined to be one- Queen Elizabeth who pledged her life whether long or short to serving us forever-from ironically South Africa long ago..... Did she need a spin doctor? No- She is still amazing.......Does Queen Elizabeth speak French - yes- and learnt it rather well and quickly from what I have read.
I have not as yet seen[but hope to soon] any inkling whatsoever of the magnanimity or translated feelings of humanitarianism into reality of Charlene at all.Perhaps Pa has not allowed Cw to act in this capacity as yet.Maybe I missed something as I travel back and forth to Shagri La every other week for four long years now. Pa and Cw did not even wave from the palace balcony on their big day. They did not even arrange fireworks that night.It would appear and I maybe wrong that until now that Charlene is protective of Charlene perhaps because she has had to be and I will be happily surprised should that ever change and I can see or hear the proof.The chance was bestowed as soon as the ring went on Miss Wittsock's finger.The extended timeframe beyond these four years to give their love yet an extension and people to clamour to organize while perspiring simultaneously is something of an extenuating nature I think people are conjuring that might happen because they watch too many soap operas.

That was strange, no appearance for his subjects announcing his long awaited engagement, no celebration. Before Rainier passed Albert was my fav from this family he seemed to have a good head on his shoulders and the most like his mother. Fast forward a couple of years he has dropped off my radar. Whomever is handling his PR should be teminated.

Thank God for Caroline, she keeps the royal temperature for Monaco.

Royalty has more than one definition. The broader meaning is a hereditary ruler and his family. I can see why the Kings and Queens of Europe use the narrower definition because they are all figureheads. There are only 2 rulers and they are both Princes; those of Lichtenstein and Monaco. Besides, let's face it. They were all warlords to begin with and appointed themselves as rulers.

I remember PG saying that one of her Kelly ancestors came to America to fight in the revolution against King George III of Hanover (Ernst's ancestor). Now her 1/2 American daughter has ditched the Hanovers again. Happy 4th of July PC!

They are not the Head of State are they?

And?
Just because they aren't Head of State, doesn't mean they shouldn't have a balcony appearance.

And?
Just because they aren't Head of State, doesn't mean they shouldn't have a balcony appearance.
I am not disagreeing with you Lumutqueen; I always wish to see all the Grimaldis make their appearances on the balcony as they are all equally beloved.Let's look forward to the next opportunity they might have.Maybe the PR aas Duede wrote in his post previously perhaps decided to keep the engagement a bit more private. and if so that is just fine. May they[PA and CW] be well always

I feel like we keep explaining the point of "royalty" over and over again. If we are talking about royalty in a loose way, then we can simply mean all titled aristocracy. If we are talking about a social class, then royalty would be individuals of "highness", with all others below being nobility. However, the most specific definition of royalty would be of a king and kingdom, such as imperial being of an emperor and empire. The House of Grimaldi of Monaco are "Their Serene Highnesses", not "Their Royal Highnesses" and they are the Princely Family of Monaco not the Royal Family of Monaco.

Thank you, Donna Mia - I too think we should stick with the correct title.

As I posted earlier, the Grimaldi were lucky to be elevated to "Altesse Sérénissime" - Most Serene Highness - which is fundamentally meaningless, but sounds very nice !!

The exception - for the time being - is Princess Caroline who is a Royal Highness, but could easily revert to Most Serene Highness if she chose to.

Last edited:
Thank you, Donna Mia - I too think we should stick with the correct title.

As I posted earlier, the Grimaldi were lucky to be elevated to "Altesse Sérénissime" - Most Serene Highness - which is fundamentally meaningless, but sounds very nice !!

The exception - for the time being - is Princess Caroline who is a Royal Highness, but could easily revert to Most Serene Highness if she chose to.

Meaning less? How so, Renata.

Technically Caro's HRH title is meaningless.I maybe mistaken but Monaco is one of the few countries that actually honors the HRH of Hanover title. Hanovers do not reign, with that aside the Hanovers do have impressive lineage, but TSH's the Royal Family of Monaco actually do reign.

Social Class or not:ermm:

Meaning less? How so, Renata.

Technically Caro's HRH title is meaningless.I maybe mistaken but Monaco is one of the few countries that actually honors the HRH of Hanover title. Hanovers do not reign, with that aside the Hanovers do have impressive lineage, but TSH's the Royal Family of Monaco actually do reign.

Social Class or not:ermm:

Here is a better explanation of highness. "imperial highness" means a first ranking as connected to an emperor's family. "royal highness" means a first ranking as connected to a king's family. "grand ducal highness" means a first ranking as connected to a grand duchy. "serene highness" means a first ranking as connected to a reigning principality. "illustrious highness" means a first ranking by virtue of an act of illustriousness that elevated an individual or line to a ranking of highness. All rankings of highness are social equals within the royal social class, with imperial highness being the most magnificient and then downward accordingly.

The phrase "serene highness" developed to indicate that a reigning prince is of greater dignity or serenity than a prince who does not reign independently. There are many princely families, for example especially around Rome, like Prince Massimo, Prince Borghese etc. who hold the title of prince but do not reign. They are not of the same dignity or of serene highness as the princely families who do reign. Monaco is of a reigning princely family.

Caroline has the style "her royal highness" through marriage, not from her birth family.

Here is a better explanation of highness. "imperial highness" means a first ranking as connected to an emperor's family. "royal highness" means a first ranking as connected to a king's family. "grand ducal highness" means a first ranking as connected to a grand duchy. "serene highness" means a first ranking as connected to a reigning principality. "illustrious highness" means a first ranking by virtue of an act of illustriousness that elevated an individual or line to a ranking of highness. All rankings of highness are social equals within the royal social class, with imperial highness being the most magnificient and then downward accordingly.

The phrase "serene highness" developed to indicate that a reigning prince is of greater dignity or serenity than a prince who does not reign independently. There are many princely families, for example especially around Rome, like Prince Massimo, Prince Borghese etc. who hold the title of prince but do not reign. They are not of the same dignity or of serene highness as the princely families who do reign. Monaco is of a reigning princely family.

Caroline has the style "her royal highness" through marriage, not from her birth family.
Thank You, Donna

While this is certainly informative, it is off topic.

Let's get back to the subject of this thread, Albert and Charlene.

Thank you.

Zonk
Monaco Moderator

an engagement can take months or years :p

anyway ...there was something that said that the prince would marry a foreigner later in his lifetiem

She is Grace clone because she is a tall blonde with short hair. She can't help what she looks like. She also resembles Brigitte Nielsen to be honest.

The media is playing up the Grace resemblance (as well as members of this board) more than she is. And I dont buy the fact that Charlene claimed that Grace was the past and she is present. I think Charlene is bright enough to realize that being compared to Grace is not a race that she is NOT going to win.

And these comments that this engagement is contrived and its fake. How so....they certainly aren't pretending to be like a Victoria and Daniel when they first got engaged. To me its much ado about nothing. People don't like Charlene (and that's their right) but she could discover the cure to AIDS and cancer and people would still find fault with her.

For the record, Charlene (or Albert for that matter) doesn't move me. So its not like I am a Charlene cheerleader. I just hate to see people to be judged wanting or not good enough, when too me she hasn't done anything that states that she isn't. Don't get me wrong...I certainly think she could have been presented a better way. But she certainly isn't the 2nd coming of the Devil either.

Can you honestly say that this Paris Match cover is not trying to clone Grace Kelly, and that she didn't agree to do it.
Charlene Lynette Wittstock's Photos - Wall Photos | Facebook

What I think many critics dislike is the disingenuous molding of someone into something she clearly is not. There is no real Charlene in any of this. People could respect someone who is real, irregardless if you like them or not and I have nothing against Charlene personally, but the facade is rediculous.

Back
Top Bottom