Tiaras And Hair

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Following are tiaras worn by Moroccan Princesses in their wedding.

1- lalla (lady) Meryem

Attachments

• lalla_meryem.jpg
    lalla_meryem.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 4,456
do you got nay bad examples how a tiara should not be worn?

I have to add my two sense worth in...I have found that wearing a tiara (where you wear it and how your hair is situated) really depends on the shape of the tiara and the shape of your head and face. As a State Sweetheart for Colorado DeMolay, I wore my tiara's farther up on my head, and only half my hair up, (because it looks better for me personally). The girl who followed me however, wears her tiaras father back and her hair up. The girl before me wore hers closer to the front of her head and her hair down.

well, for small discrete tiara's putting back on the head can work. But for regal tiara's, like the Spencer tiara, the grand tiara's of Queen Sonja, has to be put more at the front.

I really dislike those button tiaras the Swedes have. And the amethyst tiara doesn't work for Victoria because she has such a round face.

Diana's hair didn't work with her pearl tiara. It was also too matronly for someone as young as she was (in the early days).

I like dark hair with tiaras. Either long or short, but dark hair allows the tiaras to stand out (and you're less likely to see the support). Martha Louise's hair is short, and her tiaras look fine, regardless. Mathilde's hair is longer, and her tiara looks like an arrowhead. Victoria's hair is long, and she chooses bad tiaras. So it depends more on how the person places and chooses the tiara, than how long the hair is.

From what I've seen, Sylvia gets to choose first, then Victoria, then MAdeleine. There are probably some tiaras that are off limits, like the 9-pointed one, and the Cameo one.

I think fringe tiaras would look best on her, because they would balance out the roundness of her face.
http://royal-jewels.tripod.com/swt/diamond.html
http://royal-jewels.tripod.com/swt/baden.html

If she got a new tiara, it should be a fringe design, or something like Sarah, Duchess of York's tiara. http://royal-jewels1.tripod.com/et/fergie.html It's not too angular (which might look odd with Victoria facial shape), but it's not rounded, either. Plus, it can be worn as a necklace (for when she gets her hands on the big tiaras).

I like the hair-it's very simple and doesn't compete with the tiara, which is very elaborate. She looks amazing there. :heart:

I think a lot of them have pieces that can be removed, thus altering the appearance of the tiara.
-Kara-

Tiaras can be adapted for different situations. Some tiaras can be worn as necklaces in addition. The British royal family have these--the fringe tiara HM the Queen wore at her wedding could be worn as a necklace.

Tiaras can also be adapted to change stones in them. Queen Elizabeth II owns the Grand Duchess Vladimir's intercircle tiara which had pearls hanging in each of the circles. Queen Mary took some of the Cambridge emeralds from her mother's family and had them adapted to wear in the circles instead of the pearls. The Queen has worn the tiara with both the pearl and emerald drops.

The Queen also has the "Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara" inherited from Queen Mary. The tiara has a separate bandeau that can be worn with or without the tiara as a hair circlet. Queen Mary wore the bandeau alone once. The present Queen has not be photographed with just the bandeau on to my knowledge, but she has worn the tiara with and without the bandeau.

Queen Mary also gave Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester a diamond tiara that had a sapphire mounted in the front. Princess Alice had another colored stone adapted to wear instead of the sapphire if she wished (I forget what stone she adapted). The present Duchess of Gloucester wears this tiara.

Queen Elizabeth II owns the Grand Duchess Vladimir's intercircle tiara which had pearls hanging in each of the circles.  Queen Mary took some of the Cambridge emeralds from her mother's family and had them adapted to wear in the circles instead of the pearls.  The Queen has worn the tiara with both the pearl and emerald drops.

She has also worn it with the centres of the circles bare.

http://groups.msn.com/RoyaltyDanjel2/gbvladimirw.msnw

Queen Mary also gave Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester a diamond tiara that had a sapphire mounted in the front.  Princess Alice had another colored stone adapted to wear instead of the sapphire if she wished (I forget what stone she adapted).  The present Duchess of Gloucester wears this tiara

The other stone was a pink beryl

The "Cambridge Lovers Knot" tiara that Diana wore was originally made with standing pearls along the top edge.

http://groups.msn.com/RoyaltyDanjel2/gbloversknotw.msnw

I know the original had pearl spikes, I just didn't want to go on like a diatribe.

Queen Mary wanted to copy the tiara of her favorite aunt, Princess Augusta, Grand Duches of Mecklenburg-Strelitz. So she had it made exactly with the pearl spikes, but later removed them and put diamond collets in their place. I believe that is how Her Majesty inherited it--with the collets.

I'm not sure if ALL the tiaras are adjustable, but certainly most of them. Because tiaras are usually the most expensive pieces of jewelry and because they are worn quite seldom it is only economical and wise that tiaras can be altered to fit different sizes of heads, they can be altered to necklaces, bracelets or parts of it can be worn as brooches etc.

The Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara which Queen Silvia is wearing consists of movable, hinged panels (12 if I remember correctly) and the tiara can be easily adjusted to different hairdos. In Magdalena Ribbings book Smyckeboken there is a picture of this grand sapphire tiara when it is lying completely flattened in its own box.

How a tiara is worn?

Hi, Like most of the other members on this site, I love to see the different tiaras worn by the princesses...but have always wondered how it's worn?

Do anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

The Swedish royal women have the most amazingly intricate hairstyles with tiaras that I have ever seen! They're absolutely gorgeous and elegant!

omg how good would it feel to wear that and it would be super expensive :p she will make a beautiful queen one day

I personally love the look of long hair with a tiara. It's very 60's retro, but also sleek and sophisticated. It's very complimentary with her dress as well, and that's another plus. A wonderful harmony between dress, tiara, and wearer.

Bravo, is a very good styl:.....................

Just now how is Princess Elisabeth of Bavaria? And some topic for her can i found pics from her.?

Last edited:
I think it really looks nice when the hair is pulled back, because the tiara can be "valoured"...

micas said:
Bravo, is a very good styl:.....................

Just now how is Princess Elisabeth of Bavaria? And some topic for her can i found pics from her.?
Take a look at at thread about her wedding in the wedding section, there's some more info there.

I agree she looked stunning with that tiara.

Back
Top Bottom