Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 6: 2020-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the cordon of the Order of St Olav is red, there is a chance that Máxima will wear rubies. Then I hope she will wear both the diadem (picture) as the mirrored collier (picture) of the Peacock Ruby Parure.

And if not, I hope she will wear the other ruby parure, the one of Mellerio dits Meller, that means: with devant-de-corsage in original setting (picture).

That would be great but somehow she has never worn a tiara with it's matching necklace for State Banquets. when she wore the Mellerio ruby tiara with it's matching necklace it was for other occasion like the pre-Wedding Ball in Luxemburg in 2012.

That would be great but somehow she has never worn a tiara with it's matching necklace for State Banquets. when she wore the Mellerio ruby tiara with it's matching necklace it was for other occasion like the pre-Wedding Ball in Luxemburg in 2012.

That may also havebeen becauce necklines have been quite high for the last 5-6 years, which has made neckalces redundant in large part.

It is difficult to guess which jewels Maxima and Sonja could wear. Both Queens Love eccentric gowns and unusually sash-jewels pairing. The Norway order will work with every big gun in Dutch Vault, Ruby's/Sapphire, Pearls, Diamonds. For Sonja i don't think the emerald Parure will work with the Dutch Sash, But it is still Sonja, so we might see her Salmon/orange dress with the emeralds(Victoria's wedding)..

My wish
Maxima: Sapphire Tiara with the sapphire necklace/Tiara

Sonja: Josephine Diamond Tiara.

Mette Marit- Amethyst Tiara.

It is difficult to guess which jewels Maxima and Sonja could wear. Both Queens Love eccentric gowns and unusually sash-jewels pairing. The Norway order will work with every big gun in Dutch Vault, Ruby's/Sapphire, Pearls, Diamonds. For Sonja i don't think the emerald Parure will work with the Dutch Sash, But it is still Sonja, so we might see her Salmon/orange dress with the emeralds(Victoria's wedding)..

My wish
Maxima: Sapphire Tiara with the sapphire necklace/Tiara

Sonja: Josephine Diamond Tiara.

Mette Marit- Amethyst Tiara.

Would be nice to see M-M use the Amethyst tiara.

I think we might have to look at previous Dutch-Norwegian State Visits for an indication what we might see.
- 1990 (Amsterdam) was a battle of the pearls - Queen Maud's tiara for Sonja and the Ornate Pearl tiara for Beatrx. Both ladies wore important necklaces - the large Ornaje pearls for the Dutch Queen and diamond collects + pearl string for her Norwegian counterpart. See picture
- 2010 (Oslo) was a more or less a repeat for Queen Beatrix (who wore a different brooch), but Queen Sonja was the Ice Queen in glittering diamonds - Queen Josefina's diamond tiara, the Turkish earrings, collet necklaces and Queen Sofia's oval brooch. MM and Princess Astrid opted for their big guns - amethysts and turquoises. See picture

Now, I believe that Queen Sonja enjoys wearing her jewels and alternating between her options. Given that she wore the emeralds at the 80th birthday celebrations in 2018, my guess would be for diamonds. They are colour-neutral and can easily be coordinated with the Dutch sash.
Princess Astrid will probably wear the Vasa tiara either with her collet necklace or the turquoises.
Mette-Marit might go for the complete amethyst parure or repeat her jewels from the 2006 Bulgarian state visit - daisy bandeau and Vifte tiara as necklace. Personally, I hope she's loaned the small setting of Queen Maud's pearl tiara with one of the collet necklaces for extra sparkle.

Maxima is the difficult one to predict. The Stuart tiara in the Lux. setting with an all-diamond necklace would be fitting, but she might also wear one of the ruby tiaras with a matching necklace (a nod to her hosts). I'm excluding the sapphires (worn in 2018), the Ornate Pearl tiara (worn in Norway too many times), the emerald one is too small. If she goes for pearls, I hope it will be the Antique pearl tiara.

Maxima is the difficult one to predict. The Stuart tiara in the Lux. setting with an all-diamond necklace would be fitting, but she might also wear one of the ruby tiaras with a matching necklace (a nod to her hosts). I'm excluding the sapphires (worn in 2018), the Ornate Pearl tiara (worn in Norway too many times), the emerald one is too small. If she goes for pearls, I hope it will be the Antique pearl tiara.

Sorry but the antique pearl tiara is not bigger then the emerald tiara and therefore if she goes for pearl it should be the Ornate pearl tiara preferable in one of the settings with pearl on the spikes.

Sorry but the antique pearl tiara is not bigger then the emerald tiara and therefore if she goes for pearl it should be the Ornate pearl tiara preferable in one of the settings with pearl on the spikes.

I have to admit it's also a matter of personal preference. The 7 mighty pearls always win for me compared to the 3 small prongs. Even the diamond base of the pearl tiara is a not tiny compared to the diamond scrolls of the emerald one.

If Maxima goes for the ornate pearl tiara, I also hope she brings the extra pearl spikes along :flowers:

I have to admit it's also a matter of personal preference. The 7 mighty pearls always win for me compared to the 3 small prongs. Even the diamond base of the pearl tiara is a not tiny compared to the diamond scrolls of the emerald one.

Acutally i like the diamond base from the emerald tiara, but there are to less emeralds on top. But better then the previous setting with only one emerald prong in the center.

The annual Stortingsmiddag (Dinner for the MP's) takes place in Oslo on Thursday.

Queen Sonja, Crown Princess Mette-Marit och Princess Astrid will attend.

Queen Sonja - Queen Maud's Pearl Tiara
Crown Princess Mette-Marit - Diamond Daisy Bandeau
Princess Astrid - The Vasa Tiara

It would be interesting to see if Queen Margarethe wears a tiara for the state visit to Germany.

It would be interesting to see if Queen Margarethe wears a tiara for the state visit to Germany.

Yes I was also thinking the same and its been too long since we've had a Danish Tiara event.

I think that Queen Margrethe will wear something toned down, like parts of the floral aigrette (maybe two of the three parts), or the turquoise bandeau.

For the Norwegian Dinner my guess is
Queen Sonja - large setting of the pearl tiara
Mette-Marit - her daisy bandeau
Astrid - one of the aigrettes :ermm:

I guess Queen Margrethe will perhaps wear the small turqiose bandeau or the baden palmette tiara for the State Banquet at Bellevue Castle. in 2 weeks we will know more.

For the norwegian Dinner i think
Queen Sonja: either the big setting of Queen Maud's pearl tiara or the emeralds but i wish she would surprise us and bring out Queen Maud's diamond tiara
Crown Princess Mette-Marit: the daisy bandeau
Princess Astrid: either the vasa diamond tiara or one of her wing tiaras.

Last edited:
My predications for Stortingsmiddag on October 28:

Sonja: Modern Gold tiara

Mette Marit: amethyst tiara

Astrid: Vasa tiara

I think that Queen Margrethe will wear something toned down, like parts of the floral aigrette (maybe two of the three parts), or the turquoise bandeau.
Anything except the golden poppies would be good ;)

Good that you remember me. Fear we have to introduce boarder Control's to make sure the poppies remain at home in Denmark.:ermm:

Good that you remember me. Fear we have to introduce boarder Control's to make sure the poppies remain at home in Denmark.:ermm:

Fear not. The poppies have not been seen in years, and perhaps, have been retired. Maybe a good parure to add to the jewellery exhibition for now, and then be donated to some exhibition about Danish design.

Fear not. The poppies have not been seen in years, and perhaps, have been retired. Maybe a good parure to add to the jewellery exhibition for now, and then be donated to some exhibition about Danish design.

The full Set hasn't been worn since years but sometimes HM has pout one of the poppies in her hair.
Think the full Set would be much better if the poppies where different arranged. Have once seen a photoshop where they have been arraned in a row and it looked much better them having them spread around the head.

I am wondering the elder Queens will wear a smaller and lighter tiara. Having to wear the tiara for a long period must really begin to hurt the neck and back and can give headaches. I remember way back many years Queen Elizabeth saying the Tiaras can way up to 5 pounds. Some times her hair is done early morning so the tiara is put on in the morning and she wears the tiara all day before the function. I also read that the tiara is sewn into the hair along with use of bobby pins. So taking it off is a long process. Queen Elizabeth also said that some of the tiaras and crowns do not fit the head as well as others. The bases are not moveable. It will be interesting to see what the elder Queens decide to wear. I think the only one who has gone without a crown or tiara for many functions in her last year as Empress was Empress Emerita Michiko. This is what I remember. The tiaras and crowns are beautiful though!

I am wondering the elder Queens will wear a smaller and lighter tiara. Having to wear the tiara for a long period must really begin to hurt the neck and back and can give headaches. I remember way back many years Queen Elizabeth saying the Tiaras can way up to 5 pounds. Some times her hair is done early morning so the tiara is put on in the morning and she wears the tiara all day before the function. I also read that the tiara is sewn into the hair along with use of bobby pins. So taking it off is a long process. Queen Elizabeth also said that some of the tiaras and crowns do not fit the head as well as others. The bases are not moveable. It will be interesting to see what the elder Queens decide to wear. I think the only one who has gone without a crown or tiara for many functions in her last year as Empress was Empress Emerita Michiko. This is what I remember. The tiaras and crowns are beautiful though!

The montures of diadems are wrapped to prevent painful pressure.

Sometimes the wrapping of a monture is a true horror, with this one on Diana, Princess of Wales or this one on Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece as examples.

Sometimes the wrapping of a monture is a true form of art, like this one on Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands as an example: a braid in the same hair colour.

The full Set hasn't been worn since years but sometimes HM has pout one of the poppies in her hair.
Think the full Set would be much better if the poppies where different arranged. Have once seen a photoshop where they have been arraned in a row and it looked much better them having them spread around the head.

That you are considering how the poppies might potentially be resusciated in any way is concerning in itself! ?

Afaik, the full poppy setting hasn't been seen since 2000. So, I trust that is has been retired. A wreath-like setting might look more pleasing, but I believe that this is something the next generation might try, or not. Last not least, I believe that relations between Denmark and Germany are so good, that we do not deserve to be punished with the poppies. I still think it will be the three-part aigrette, or two of the three parts.

I quite like the idea of them being gifted to a permanent exhibition on Danish Design ?

I quite like the idea of them being gifted to a permanent exhibition on Danish Design ?

Indeed. That way they are out of harms way, and serve as a reminder to future designers of where not to go!

There will be a Belgian state visit to Italy in December. I think Mathilde will wear the Wolfers tiara. I would love if Elisabeth were to appear but I don't expect that to happen.

Last edited:
There will be a Belgian state visit to Italy in December. I think Mathilde will wear the Wolfers tiara. I would love if Elisabeth were to appear but I don't expect that to happen.
I think she might wear her Laurel Wreath Tiara..

Afaik, the full poppy setting hasn't been seen since 2000. So, I trust that is has been retired. A wreath-like setting might look more pleasing, but I believe that this is something the next generation might try, or not. Last not least, I believe that relations between Denmark and Germany are so good, that we do not deserve to be punished with the poppies. I still think it will be the three-part aigrette, or two of the three parts.
I might be wrong but i think she wore the full Poppies during an incoming state visit from Germany 1989. Well, better to see them during the state visit as her golden jubilee next wear.. But my guess would be the Baden Palmette

the pic On the left could be the German state visit 1989 http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yzUicapro...tLY1FY/s1600/MargretheGoldenPoppiesTiara2.jpg- Edit the sash looks different, maybe just bigger ?

Last edited:
The annual Stortingsmiddag (Dinner for the MP's) takes place in Oslo on Thursday.

Queen Sonja, Crown Princess Mette-Marit och Princess Astrid will attend.

Queen Sonja - Queen Maud's Pearl Tiara
Crown Princess Mette-Marit - Diamond Daisy Bandeau
Princess Astrid - The Vasa Tiara
And the results:

Queen Sonja - Queen Josephine's Diamond Tiara

Crown Princess Mette-Marit - Amethyst Tiara

Princess Astrid - Vasa Tiara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom