Need help

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I am single

City
Clarksville
Country
United States
Hi, I,m new at anything like this, so please excuse me. I need some information about a family member. She was a lady in waiting to a queen in Barvaria. How do I go about doing this if anyone knows. I feel so stupid but here it goes. :whistling:

Never feel stupid. You are not stupid. You are on a path of learning. That is a beautiful thing. Start by telling us who the queen was and (if you know) when your relative lived - birth to death. If you don't know - that's OK, and you may well learn it.
Do you know anything else about your relative - when she was a lady in waiting? Was she married? Tell us what you know and we will do what we can to help you with the rest.
BTW, I know nothing about Bavaria - so others will help you - as I know Forum members do when they can.

Help

I am looking to find out the life of Fredricka Eder, who was a lady in waiting to the queen of I donn't know in Barvaria. Her maiden name was Eder, she married a commoner named Philip Euler. Her father was knighted by the king, who I don't know. Her date of birth was 1/30/1858. I think her fathers name was Henry, mother Katherine Schneider. I think Fredicka came to the US in her early 20s. 1878 may have been the year of the queen.

In 1878 the king of Bavaria was Ludwig II, who was succeeded by his brother Otto. Neither Ludwig nor Otto ever married.

Which means that the Queen that you're likely looking for was their mother, Marie of Prussia, who was consort to Maximilian II. She died in 1889.

If the time period you're thinking of is a bit earlier, then you may be looking for a lady-in-waiting of Marie's mother-in-law, Therese of Saxe-Hildburghausen, who died in 1854 and was consort to Ludwig I.

Need Help

Thank you so much for your reply. I have a picture of lady in waiting in question. Might this help me find out who, what and where?

Thank you so much for your reply. I have a picture of lady in waiting in question. Might this help me find out who, what and where?

If I were starting this research, I would get my hands on all the history of what you think is the correct queen. Visit a library and try to get one or two important books about the queen or the country at the time period you are looking for. Read and especially pay attention to sources in what you read. Then try doing scholarly journal searches on sources that seem important to your search.

This may not be an easy serch - but slowly and methodically, you can build up a picture of what is known about the situation of your relative.

I have, sadly, exhausted my knowledge on the matter so I can't help much more.

There are some see who are knowledgeable about historic fashions so a picture might help in being able to narrow down which Queen it is of the two.

You might find more information if you go to a local museum in Bavaria,because in Austria and Germany every community & city has a museum or some place where they gather historically relevent books,papers,pictures and objects. There are also some gatherings of locals who are interested in history who may be able to tell you more. If you are looking for someone who is not so well-known and important in history there is still a chance that you can find something in local archives.
As AdmirerUS said, it will probably be helpful to read everything that was written about the Bavarian Queen,her family & time. Going to a big library will probably be the best way to start this search:)
Hope you find what you are looking for!

Back
Top Bottom