General Questions about the Princely Family of Monaco Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mm... i should probably say that the Opus Dei is not a sect, just to clarify, it is a movement, a very conservative movement which tries to stick to ancient catholicism...

A sect is a completly different thing, the Opus Dei stills sees the Pope as head of the church and everything.

How religious can they really be? I think they do what they must for the public eye, but they don't seem to be a religious family. They are Catholic in name, but don't they pretty much do as they please? I'm sure their "religious beliefs" are actually much more modern than the Catholic Church official doctrine. I doubt it has a great impact on their daily lives.

CasiraghiTrio said:
How religious can they really be? I think they do what they must for the public eye, but they don't seem to be a religious family. They are Catholic in name, but don't they pretty much do as they please? I'm sure their "religious beliefs" are actually much more modern than the Catholic Church official doctrine. I doubt it has a great impact on their daily lives.

I think you're right for the most part. I think they're not attending mass every sunday. The princesses got pregnant before beeing married etc.
But catholisism playes an important role in Monaco.
Rainier made this following article part of the constitution:
`Le catholicisme est réligion d'etat' meaning 'Catholicism is the religion of the Principality of Monaco'.
But it's true that the family seems to have amodern understanding of all things concerning.
Anyway, Caroline for example is catholic, Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre as well - Ernst, Ernstie jr., Christian and Alex are protestant - this never caused any big problem for the family.

sebastian said:
Caroline is catholic, Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre as well - Ernst, Ernstie jr., Christian and Alex are protestant - this never caused any big problem for the family.

I'm just wondering, how do you know that this never cause any "big" problem with the family????:confused:

photofan said:
I'm just wondering, how do you know that this never cause any "big" problem with the family????:confused:

I never heard anybody complain :)

Oh, that's great, but do you know all the family or just a few?

photofan said:
Oh, that's great, but do you know all the family or just a few?

Mostly Stephanie - but we've met all of them along the way.
Click into the 'Caroline or Stephanie' - thread, my sister describes it there. :)

CasiraghiTrio said:
How religious can they really be? I'm sure their "religious beliefs" are actually much more modern than the Catholic Church official doctrine.

The Catholic churches of many countries are more modern than the Catholic Church official doctrines, not just Monaco. I know it's the case for Quebec and probably the rest of Canada. That's how the Church will slowly modernize itself: with people with different opinions having a respectful dialogue. The keys words are «slowly» and «respect».

sebastian said:
Mostly Stephanie - but we've met all of them along the way.
Click into the 'Caroline or Stephanie' - thread, my sister describes it there. :)

Do you know little alex???:D

I can't be sure, but I think Caro attends Mass every Sunday; when she cruises during the summer she lands appositely to go to Church on Sunday, so I guess that what she does also during the rest year (this is not hearsay, I witnessed it).

As for faith, who can really tell what's in other people's hearts?

Kisses

They have always kept the very special tradition of celebrating the Saint Devote in January. They believe in it very strongly. Stephanie for example isconvinced that she owes her life to Saint Devote. That it saved her life after the accident. I think it's a very good thing to believe in.

In 2000 I think she broke into tears at Saint Devote day. The memory overcame her. :(

(profimedia)

Attachments

• 0000375957-003.jpg
    0000375957-003.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 0000375957-009.jpg
    0000375957-009.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 0000375957-011.jpg
    0000375957-011.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 249
  • 0000375957-012.jpg
    0000375957-012.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 244
  • 0000375957-014.jpg
    0000375957-014.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 0000375957-015.jpg
    0000375957-015.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 0000375957-022.jpg
    0000375957-022.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 231
Who is the woman in the fur coat assisting/comforting Stephanie in these pictures? You see her in many, many pictures of the family.

the Grimaldis and the Dukes of Hamilton

Technically, the Grimaldis of today are cousins (albeit distant cousins) of the Duke of Hamilton. Related through Lady Mary Victoria Douglas-Hamilton, the mother of Prince Louis II of Monaco and wife of Albert the First, Lady Mary was the daughter of the 11th Duke of Hamilton.
Albert was her first husband. She had a daughter with her second husband, Tassilo Festetics de Tolna, Prince of Hungary. The daughter was Alexandra, Countess of Tolna. So Louis II had a sister.... does anyone know about the sister's line? Alexandra married into the Windisch-Gratz family. Alexandra's daughter then married into the Collalto family, also a German princely family.

How is Prince Albert (the Second) related to the present Duke of Hamilton? How is he related to the current Prince von Collalto und San Salvatore?
How is he related to the current Prince zu Windisch-Gratz?

CasiraghiTrio said:
Technically, the Grimaldis of today are cousins (albeit distant cousins) of the Duke of Hamilton. Related through Lady Mary Victoria Douglas-Hamilton, the mother of Prince Louis II of Monaco and wife of Albert the First, Lady Mary was the daughter of the 11th Duke of Hamilton.
Albert was her first husband. She had a daughter with her second husband, Tassilo Festetics de Tolna, Prince of Hungary. The daughter was Alexandra, Countess of Tolna. So Louis II had a sister.... does anyone know about the sister's line? Alexandra married into the Windisch-Gratz family. Alexandra's daughter then married into the Collalto family, also a German princely family.

How is Prince Albert (the Second) related to the present Duke of Hamilton? How is he related to the current Prince von Collalto und San Salvatore?
How is he related to the current Prince zu Windisch-Gratz?
I don't fully understand this question
How is Prince Albert (the Second) related to the present Duke of Hamilton?
When you answered it with this one.
Technically, the Grimaldis of today are cousins (albeit distant cousins) of the Duke of Hamilton.
4th cousin. If you are asking about the relationship between the Grimaldis and Hamiltons sorry I can't say more then they are cousins.
Prince Rainier was seen with the grandaughter of Louis sister and the press was trying to romantically connect them to make her his second Princess of Monaco. I believe it was also this fact that caused the friendship to end.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Prince Rainier was seen with the grandaughter of Louis sister and the press was trying to romantically connect them to make her his second Princess of Monaco. I believe it was also this fact that caused the friendship to end.

I believe this female cousin is Princess Ira von Furstenberg. She was the only female linked to Rainier after Grace's death. I don't know how far their relationship had gone, but Rainier had no intentions of remarrying. Egon von Furstenberg, designer and brother of Ira, was also close to the Grimaldis. He knew Caroline, Albert, and Stephanie well. He would often speak of them when asked for "insider" info, especially on the relationship bet. Caro and Steph. He never spoke ill of them. Diane von Furstenberg was a cousin-in-law.

monica17 said:
I believe this female cousin is Princess Ira von Furstenberg. She was the only female linked to Rainier after Grace's death. I don't know how far their relationship had gone, but Rainier had no intentions of remarrying. Egon von Furstenberg, designer and brother of Ira, was also close to the Grimaldis. He knew Caroline, Albert, and Stephanie well. He would often speak of them when asked for "insider" info, especially on the relationship bet. Caro and Steph. He never spoke ill of them. Diane von Furstenberg was a cousin-in-law.
Thats her thanks I knew she was the only one but the name escaped me only I never looked it up to respond I forgot.

dw2108 said:
Stephanie IS obviously a very courageous person. Some people will probably never stop being critical of her. But her critics already lost their wars against her long ago because Stephanie won not only those past battles but also the ones to come. And she has demonstrated that. It would be nice if, say for example, a president would take time to spend time with only a few people in the same way we read about Stephanie spending time with many more.

David

You're right David.
One thing is for sure: Stephanie is one sweet understander who helps people and tries to be there for everyone who needs it.

michelle said:
You're right David.
One thing is for sure: Stephanie is one sweet understander who helps people and tries to be there for everyone who needs it.

The same thing came on my mind while reading all the posts..So many "rocks" have been hit on Stephanie during the years and every time she fighted back. If that is not courage don't know what it is..Stephanie is definately capable for the role of Minister for Social Affaires..People in need don't look necessairly on material/financial things, one warm hug and a big smile do more than we can imagine..People feel that they are loved and there is always someone outhere who cares about them and puts smile on their faces giving back the hope in better world:)

I am still new to posting, but I must say that I have developed a great respect for Stephanie due to the warm insights that Michelle has shared. Michelle's posts really emphasize the inner stength that Stephanie has.... I think Stephanie is a true survivor!

michelle said:
You're right David.
I can tell that from the lyrics to her music, as well the way she titles her songs and albums.

David

teense said:
I am still new to posting, but I must say that I have developed a great respect for Stephanie due to the warm insights that Michelle has shared. Michelle's posts really emphasize the inner stength that Stephanie has.... I think Stephanie is a true survivor!

Oh, thank you soooo much , teense .... that's my purpuse :p:)....
.... what I truely believe....

michelle said:
During her speach at the 'Aids evening 05' Stephanie said.

" My dear Albert, tonight I want to thank you. You are always by my side and you're always there to support me, no matter what it is. I love you."

...then, as Albert smiled she wiped away a tear ....
It's really emotional, i was not there but i have just read your information, it's really makes me feel a lot of emotions,.....It's really sweet, i'm sure that they have really good relationship with each other, and always support each other when in really worst time, and share the happinesses when in the great time, i think Stephanie, with the love and support from her brother and the epople in Monaco, she will do great work.

Last edited:
did Princess Grace's have other men after she was married

Years ago I read some where that Princess Grace ,

had affairs after her marriage to Princes Rainer , does any one
know if this is true ??????? Im sorry if there is a theart already up
about this?

Last edited:
No I dont think she did she had to many people around her she never went anywere alone and I really dont think she was that kind of person she loved her husband and children to much for that.

RADKER18 said:
No I dont think she did she had to many people around her she never went anywere alone and I really dont think she was that kind of person she loved her husband and children to much for that.

I think Princess Grace had far too much class to ever do something like that. Besides...she was devoted to her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom