General Questions about the Princely Family of Monaco Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered the very same thing!! The man looks so dashing in his uniform... He must be very close to the family. I'm looking forward to finding out who he is!

:) Go Pittsburgh Steelers!!!! Win the Superbowl!!:)

If I'm not mistaken this man is:
Monsieur le Lieutenent - Colonel Luc Fringant
Chambellan de S.A.S le Prince

Here's a link

Yes Michelle, you are mistaken. ;) It is Colonel Lamblin, who was the chamberlin of Rainier. Colonel Fringant is younger and he serves for PA. You can see him on the pics of St Devote as they enter and leave the church. And just in case any one is wondering about the elderly women who is always around, that is Mme Paul Gallico, who used to be Princess Grace dame of honor.

Talking about the Grimaldi Trio's future - here's something about their past.

Some pictures of the trio:

nbz0op.jpg

nbzm84.jpg

nbzmzs.jpg

nbzn7q.jpg

nbznk9.jpg

(sipa, worldroots, corbis, PM)

They are sort of stand ins for PA. If there is sth important in MC and PA can't make it and no one else can represent the family, then they come into the picture. (they also report back to PA about it so he knows what is going on, gives people a feeling of importance if at least one of them is there - I think though that Col Lamblin is much more relaxed then Fringant. That man just makes you nervous standing next to him. He is very polite - as they all are- but I think he makes too many waves around what he does. He is just too hyper for my taste and creates stress were there isn't any. At least that was my impression.) Colonel Lamblin did a lot of correspondance for Rainier as well. HE would let people know that Rainier was pleased with sth or other etc. They also make sure that everything goes well at the appearances. Basically they are some sort of assistant.

Speaking of who the mysterious men are...
Who is the youngish(in his 30's maybe) man with light brown hair and wire-rimmed glasses who seems like another assistant?? I recall him at most enthronement events preceeding PA into the cathedral...

paca said:
Do you have a pic?
Yes, He is standing directly behind Colonel Lamblin in the first photo (a picture inside the cathedral) that liz scezar posted on this thread.
Thank You Paca!

I have seen him around till the funeral, but I don't think I have seen him since November. I don't know his name though. Seeing where he is seated, he is probably Rainiers aide de camp. PA has kept his own guys (their names are listed on the palace website)

I thought about that, but Col Fringant is higher in rank and if I remember correctly, was already working for PA, so why would PAs aide de camp be there, but not his chamberlin? Besides he hasn't been around since the enthronement and the prince reps are always there when sth is going on, i.e at St cecile (patron of the musicians) the military music was represented and Fringant was there (I know because I was right behind him ad had a hard time to keep the kids from playing pranks on him), but this guy wasn't. I remember Lamblin being there too (though that might be a trick of the memory because he always used to be there, so I wouldn't swear on it)

So after this reaoning, I am thinking that he was working for Rainier.

Thanks

Thanks all of you for clarify my doubts.
To the moderator: I am new and I am learning how to participate of the forum. I speak portuguese, so it's a little difficult for me. But I will read the rules and the next time I will make the right things. Be comfortable to cancel my post!

Kisses

Liz - TFAF

I think their way will be different from what their parents went through. Time is different, circumstances are different, values are different. We shouldn't compare Albert and his sisters to their parents too much.
They were shown the right way, their right way. They are very intelligent, ahrd working people - all three of them. They are devoted to their country and its people. None of them has ever let this duty down. They've always been there. Sometimes they followed other roads, just to learn, to get to know things - but they always came back. They developed great passions for things they now fight for ... they always tried to advance things.
Some see them as inapropriate losers with bad behaviour who don't act like royals should do - and that's why they see Monaco go down :rolleyes:;) .
But this is a false interpretation in my opinion: Monaco needs people like Albert, Caroline and Stephanie - Monaco is a modern country, it is very small, it has to rely on new technologies, new entertainement, new events, new possibilities, new ways ... a lot more than Great Britain needs these things. Monaco doesn't really need a very regal, reserved princely family ... it needs a modern princely family, who's memebers dare to do things, things which might not seem very common.
Albert, Caro and Steph are full of ideas and good intentions to advance their little country. They will surely take some of their experiences as help. They certainly made mistakes along their ways but which human being wouldn't :confused:.... The are very well prepared !!!

...Je crois que il faut pas se tourner vers le passé, s'en servir c'est sur! Notre père a , aussi bien á ma soeur qu'à mon frère, nous a inculté de valeurs qui nous sont trés trés cheres et trés imortantes aujourd'hui. Justement il nous a tous bien preparé à cette avenir qui est devant nous. Je pense qu'on est enfin prèt et on va justement se servir de se magnifique pays que notre père nous a laissé pour le faire evaluer ... avec le monde exterieur ... et, comme mon frère a dit dans un de ses discours, que le rayenement de Monaco sera vraiment international et pour les bonnes raisons surtout
Princess Stephanie of Monaco, January 2006

Translation:
" I think we shouldn't turn to the past but serve ourselves from it. Our father has, my sister as well a my brother, he taught us values which are very importent and dear to us today. Actually he prepared us very well for the future, our future which lies ahead. I think we are ready for it and we will take this magnificant country and develop it ... with everything around ... as my brother said in one of his discourses, that Monaco's light will be really international and for good reasons above all."

Last edited:
Hi, gang! Due to some problems at this site, I am trying to repost my request. My request is...
Since I will never meet the late Prince, and since, as a student of Economics and Government, I highly respect his work, did he ever write a book on governing? (Apologies for the run-on sentence). If it is in French, that will not help me- I withdrew from that class- however, I'd really like to learn his technique, he was a master. (Again, run-on sentence apologies). Whatever guidance is appreciated.

Michael, I'm quite sure he has never ever written any books, he talked a lot about governing and his state in interviews he gave, but the ones I remember were some on TV, so I can't help you with that. But in general, I would say it's better to ask such questions in an already existing thread, a whole new thread for such a question seems to be a bit too much ;) :)

Really? A bit much? I guess my infatuation with the topic may have distracted me? To me, respectable governance is paramount. So, whatever anyone can send me would be welcomed! Thanks!

What Do The People of Monaco Think About Their Grimaldis?

:) Hello. I am curious as to what the people of Monaco think about their royal family? People obviously have varying opinions about them. But, what do their people think about them? Perhaps their views are less known, since I understand that there is some sort of law that prevents any criticism of the Grimaldis? (Is that correct?) I happen to think that the Grimaldis are very modern and probably more open that perhaps some other royal famliies. From time to time, they offer interviews. This gives us an opportunity to catch a glimpse of their thoughts and opinions. I'm sure that it's no secret that they would LOVE for Albert to find a wife, admire Caroline for her works and wish that Stephanie would find lasting happiness. I do admire the Grimaldis for a number of reasons; with one of them being that Albert, Caroline and Stephanie are partly American. I don't know to what extent they embrace their American heritage, but there are not too many royals around the world with an American link. Finally, it would be great if I could correspond with a Monegasque and get a first hand perspective on the Royal Family of Monaco. My email is: RC61Austin@aol.com Kindest regards, Roman in Austin, Texas U.S.A.

AustinTexas1961 said:
:) Hello. I am curious as to what the people of Monaco think about their royal family? People obviously have varying opinions about them. But, what do their people think about them? Perhaps their views are less known, since I understand that there is some sort of law that prevents any criticism of the Grimaldis? (Is that correct?) I happen to think that the Grimaldis are very modern and probably more open that perhaps some other royal famliies. From time to time, they offer interviews. This gives us an opportunity to catch a glimpse of their thoughts and opinions. I'm sure that it's no secret that they would LOVE for Albert to find a wife, admire Caroline for her works and wish that Stephanie would find lasting happiness. I do admire the Grimaldis for a number of reasons; with one of them being that Albert, Caroline and Stephanie are partly American. I don't know to what extent they embrace their American heritage, but there are not too many royals around the world with an American link. Finally, it would be great if I could correspond with a Monegasque and get a first hand perspective on the Royal Family of Monaco. My email is: RC61Austin@aol.com Kindest regards, Roman in Austin, Texas U.S.A.

[ed: reference to another member]

and as to the american question. i know albi used to go to summer camp here in the US every year when he was younger and he still visits his Kelly relatives and comes to the states, and especially NYC for the Princess Grace Foundation with Caro and I haven't seen Steph there in a while. but out of all of them, Albi seems to be the most attached to the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Stephanie Clothing Stores???

Is it true Princess Stephanie owns clothing stores? If so, where are they located and named?

She used to own a replay store in MC, but that has been closed down for years.

As Paca said, Princess Stephanie used to have a Replay store in Monaco. As far as I know, she has two more stores of Replay - one in Spain and one in the Netherlands? Maybe the others can confirm this....

monica17 said:
As Paca said, Princess Stephanie used to have a Replay store in Monaco. As far as I know, she has two more stores of Replay - one in Spain and one in the Netherlands? Maybe the others can confirm this....

Confirmed .... ! :)

Who Is In Charge of Monaco When Albert Is (Far) Away?

:) Hello. I am curious about something. When HSH Prince Albert traveled to the North Pole, did he put HRH Princess Caroline in charge of Monaco in his absence? Since this was a journey that involved a significant degree of risk and danger, would it not make sense for Albert to make "certain provisions" in the event of a major accident...or worse. After all, Princess Caroline is the Heiress Presumptive of Monaco.. Just wondering.... from Roman in Austin, Texas:)

I don't know how helpful this is but according to Wikipedia.com Albert's sister Caroline is heiress presumptive (which isn't the same as heir apparent) so she is basically next in line followed by her son, Andrea Casiraghi. I would guess that when Albert is out of the country his sister fills in for him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_II%2C_Prince_of_Monaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom