Eloise, Claus-Casimir and Leonore, News and Pictures Part 1: July 2003 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was okay but things have changed (cases seem to be rising again in many places, sadly). Now measures have been stepped up for Amsterdam, The Hague and Rotterdam.

Thanks, interesting to hear. It seems to be getting worse again in a lot of European countries - I think Madrid is on the rise too in Spain.

I still can't believe that Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau was 16 this year!

Eloise has responded to royal correspondent Marc van der Linden, who has apparently suggested that Claus was sent to Gordonstoun due to bad behavior, on Instagram:
"What a strange idea to suggest that Claus is being sent away, when he is such a nice and social boy. He is also a great brother. How can you talk about a young boy like that and not expect this to affect him. Act normally and keep your negative opinion, which is based on nothing, to yourself."

If an adult can't pick on the parents, they do it to the children Mr van der Linden must have had a bad day so he picks on an easy target a child. Maybe he didn't get the memo, children are off limits.? Isn't Gordonstoun the school the POW and the Pss Royal went? I believe I read somewhere long ago, Charles hated it there, he was picked on a lot, but Anne loved it there? This only shows, that a Title does not protect a child or adult,from some ones abuse. Sad but true.

Eloise has responded to royal correspondent Marc van der Linden, who has apparently suggested that Claus was sent to Gordonstoun due to bad behavior, on Instagram:
"What a strange idea to suggest that Claus is being sent away, when he is such a nice and social boy. He is also a great brother. How can you talk about a young boy like that and not expect this to affect him. Act normally and keep your negative opinion, which is based on nothing, to yourself."

What is“ bad behavior” supposed to mean exactly in this context ?

What is“ bad behavior” supposed to mean exactly in this context ?

I'm not sure Mr van der Linden knows either, here's what he said:
"He is charming and ambitious, but has mischiefs that could worry you as a parent. Then there may come a time when parents decide: if you continue like this, you will go to boarding school. And this school is known for that, notorious even, that you are taught discipline there. It was decided impulsively, otherwise he would not have started in The Hague and have now switched. I can't figure out what exactly happened, but it's not just about that webshop."

Starting in The Hague for a few weeks before starting at Gordonstoun does sound a little weird. It would be interesting to know if this was indeed a sudden move and if so, what made them go this route.

You're welcome ? Yes, it's a huge problem in Madrid unfortunately, as well as in Paris, Brussels, Prague and other places. :sad: We're not doing great here in Vienna either.
The same in Lisbon. In fact, Lisbon has more than 50% of all new cases in Portugal every single day. I am thankful that I live in the south of Portugal, sometimes we get single digits and other times double digits. But it seems it's on the rise. Maybe a second wave in Europe? It makes sense for Eloise to be sent home, if Amsterdam is getting lots of new cases lately.

The same in Lisbon. In fact, Lisbon has more than 50% of all new cases in Portugal every single day. I am thankful that I live in the south of Portugal, sometimes we get single digits and other times double digits. But it seems it's on the rise. Maybe a second wave in Europe? It makes sense for Eloise to be sent home, if Amsterdam is getting lots of new cases lately.
As I explained before both Amsterdam and The Hague are getting lots of cases, so from that point of view it isn't helpful to move back to The Hague from Amsterdam. However, of course, the point is that Eloise was living at the Hotelschool: having lots of students living in close quarters is less safe than sending at least the domestic students home.

As I explained before both Amsterdam and The Hague are getting lots of cases, so from that point of view it isn't helpful to move back to The Hague from Amsterdam. However, of course, the point is that Eloise was living at the Hotelschool: having lots of students living in close quarters is less safe than sending at least the domestic students home.
I see. Sorry I did not read your post properly. Indeed, it doesn't make sense if both places are getting many new cases, but as you mentioned, perhaps living in the Hotelschool proved to be unsafe for the students.

Eloise show us the thing that made her famous! Her Parents!

This was fantastic. I love her parents were such good sports to be in it, dad was great :flowers:

If an adult can't pick on the parents, they do it to the children Mr van der Linden must have had a bad day so he picks on an easy target a child. Maybe he didn't get the memo, children are off limits.? Isn't Gordonstoun the school the POW and the Pss Royal went? I believe I read somewhere long ago, Charles hated it there, he was picked on a lot, but Anne loved it there? This only shows, that a Title does not protect a child or adult,from some ones abuse. Sad but true.

Charles yes, Anne no. The school was not co-ed until 1972 after she had finished her schooling. She went to the Benedon School instead. Andrew and Edward also went, and Peter and Zara for the next generation.

It wasn't an abusive school. Charles himself has said that it simply 'drove him physically and mentally harder then he had before'. He was simply more intellectual then his father and would have preferred Eton. Likely the strongest reason his sons ended up at Eton and not following in the Gordonstoun tradition.

Last edited:
Constantijn and his family seem very down to earth - he looks like a carbon copy of WA in that video from Eloise! It's nice that she also seems to be close to her parents.

The video has been removed from TikTok and Instagram, and on Twitter Prince Constantijn has said "Daughters and social media...sigh."
So apparently he was not too happy with it.

People seemed to like it - I have only seen positive comments- but removing it was the right choice. We can do without seeing Prince Costantijn copying the dance move of 'Romana' on her scooter.

Strange move to delete the video IMO, considering that Constantijn and Laurentien were willing to participate. Perhaps Eloise has a private TikTok (I'm not familiar with TikTok, so I don't know if private accounts exist on there or not) and they thought she was going to share it with her friends and family only.

Haha...I quite liked it. This family is definitely more down to earth and unpretentious than WA and Màxima.

Haha...I quite liked it. This family is definitely more down to earth and unpretentious than WA and Màxima.

What are the pretense (meaning: attempting to be of greater imortance than is actually possessed) made by the King and Queen of the Netherlands, by the Princess of Orange and by the two other teenage princesses?

:huh:

They are as approachable, down-to-earth and perfectly normal as possibly for a gated family in that position. The three princesses just jump on the bike to go to their normal and unpretentious, for anyone accessible school. They go to normal sportsclubs, they have their friends and classmates over the floor. They play in school musicals and engage in school projects.

100% alike their cousins Eloïse, Claus-Casimir and Eleonore.

Until the recent move to Huis then Bosch Palace there was even no difference in the housing situation: Prince Constantijn lives with his family in a private house. The King lived with his family in a private house until last year.

Last edited:
:previous: i could imagine a sense of pretense might be gotten because of the strict mediacode the king and queen submit to the media, and the recent vacation to greece when the king had just made a speech telling all the other dutch people to not go on vacation abroad.

you may say that all has to do with the private life of king and queen and should not be regarded, but Eloise's video was also of the private life of her family, so i could easily see the comparison being made.

:previous: i could imagine a sense of pretense might be gotten because of the strict mediacode the king and queen submit to the media, and the recent vacation to greece when the king had just made a speech telling all the other dutch people to not go on vacation abroad.

you may say that all has to do with the private life of king and queen and should not be regarded, but Eloise's video was also of the private life of her family, so i could easily see the comparison being made.

But Eloïse's video has been withdrawn, apparently her willingness to expose all and everything was not shared by her parents. And when the King returned from holiday, other members of the wider royal family were abroad only highlighting that the lesser Gods can go out and about but the top Gods are under a magnifying glass.

Pretension is making a false assumption of one's importance or social position. When the position is the absolute top of the Dutch social pyramid, there is little "to pretend" . The freedom Countess Eloïse enjoys these days will be unthinkable for Princess Catharina-Amalia.

More down to earth and unpretentious?Sorry?What do you know on that?Exactly,now that is pretentious.

But Eloïse's video has been withdrawn, apparently her willingness to expose all and everything was not shared by her parents. And when the King returned from holiday, other members of the wider royal family were abroad only highlighting that the lesser Gods can go out and about but the top Gods are under a magnifying glass.

Pretension is making a false assumption of one's importance or social position. When the position is the absolute top of the Dutch social pyramid, there is little "to pretend" . The freedom Countess Eloïse enjoys these days will be unthinkable for Princess Catharina-Amalia.

Of by the words in dutch by her mom,HRH Princess Laurentien...zij dacht erna na..beautifully said.?

Indeed, this week Princess Laurentien was in a talkshow (about already underpreforming pupils risking to lose cognitive abilities during the partial lockdown) and was asked about the video:

Princess Laurentien: '[...] The most important is that she (Eloïse) remains close to her own self. That she firmly stands on her own two feet. She is 18. She is a young, adult, woman. Of course we are there to whisper things in her ear but we also have confidence in her.'

[The TikTok video of a dancing Countess Eloïse also showing her parents is projected in the studio]

Princess Laurentien: 'Look how happy she is. She celebrates life. She is 18 years. She remains her authentic self.'

Beau van Erven Dorens (the presenter) : 'Exactly. And we enjoy this too.'

Princess Laurentien: 'That is nice to hear.'

Beau van Erven Dorens: 'But that video has been withdrawn, I believe?'

Princess Laurentien: 'Yes, that is true.'

Beau van Erven Dorens: 'Why was that? Maybe because you thought: this is too private?'

Princess Laurentien: 'No she thought, re-thought, again after it.'

Beau van Erven Dorens: 'And she thought: I should not have dragged my parents into this?'

Princess Laurentien: 'Yes. Something like that, yes.'

Last edited:
Countess Eloise on Instagram.
Laughing to go into the new year, ready to let go of 2020! I'm going to keep it short, don't worry, but I'm going to have to say something. this year brought for me, for everyone, great surprises and changes. these were sometimes negative, but also positive. I've grown as a person, and I've drawn you into my adventure. I am grateful for everything and hope that 2021 brings better times for everyone.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJgOS8tDHL4/?igshid=o1p0v7sa554k

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom