Princess Alexandra, Current Events Part 4: September 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't speak spanish fluently either, but I tried to translate as best I could:

Hola:"Highness, are you aware of that you are a person that is privileged because you belong to the Royal Family?"
Alex: "I am perfectly aware that I belong to a very privileged family and I have the good fortune to study what I have chosen. But we must not forget that, regardless of what life takes or the environment into which we were born, there are always good sides and less good sides".

Hola: "What principles have your parents instilled in you? What key ideas have they given you?"
Alex: "My parents have prepared my brothers and me for completing, at all times, and to the extent we are asked, with the tasks of official life, and we are taught to be aware of our membership in a ruling family.
But all of that, with no intention of intervening in the respective elections for which each of us chooses in his personal life. Thanks to that I think I am a young woman who feels good in her skin. After all, what matters is the fact of knowing and continuing to be natural and authentic. It is this philosophy of life where I've been educated by my parents and I am very grateful for that "

Hola: "What have you studied and where are you currently studying? What college is next?"
Alex: "after the primary education cycle Angelsberg school, I studied in high school Vuaban, in Luxembourg, where I finished high school with mentions of letters in 2009. Now I'm in a foreign university, studying social sciences and psychology as main subjects"

Hola: "Do you plan to work one day? What field and where would you like to be?"
Alex: "it is still a little early to give a definitive answer. I have chosen to follow, step by step, a scale in which, today, the main subjects are, as I said, psychology and social sciences. In the future, I think I would orientate, no doubt, my professional life to one of these fields."

Hola: "Would you be willing to work with work that is directed toward your mother, Grand Duchess, who years ago received the Path of Peace on her dedication to promoting microcredit as a weapon to fight poverty in the world, work she defined as "path to peace?"
Alex: "I am deeply convinced that through a fairer distribution of wealth in the world it would be economically possible to remove many countries out of poverty. I'm very inspired by my mom's passion, so I do not rule out getting involved later in a profession which encourages the development of "social business", and companies of public interest. "

Hola: "Your Highness, you seem to be good at languages. You have a reputation of being multilingual. How many do you speak? "
Alex: "I speak Luxembourgish, which is the first language here, the first language to be learned. I speak German, which is studied two years later, and then French, which is also mandatory. After that, English and also Spanish. I think, on the other hand, I possess a good knowledge of Italian "

Hola: "What do you feel a girl like you, who had to grow up with four brothers? You would be the queen of the house, right? "
Alex: "I've been lucky enough to have four brothers, and the four have been my favorite! They are all very different and at the same time, perfectly complementary. Each and everyone of them takes care of me and always supports me! "

Hola: "Your Highness is part of a family that gives a fair amount of importance to sports. "
Alex: "Indeed, I have had the luck of having grown up in a family where sport has a very special place. From my earliest childhood I practiced rhythmic gymnastics, dance, tennis, downhill skiing, water skiing ... And since I can, I surrender to distance running, just to run! "

Hola: "What are your musical preferences? "
Alex: "My musical preferences are quite divergent. My choice is usually always more focused on the song itself, the melody and the text, than the musical trend or style to which it belongs. I equally enjoy the crooner Frank Sinatra's classics as Johnny Cash or Jack Jackson, Jason Mraz and Martin Solveig. It all depends on my mood and the moment I find "

Hola: "Do you like cinema? What type of cinema? "
Alex: "I have special affection for movies that base their argument on real stories and characters that are committed for a just cause and, thus, demonstrate something worth fighting for. A movie, besides being interesting or entertaining, first of all has to tell me something or at least make me laugh."

Hola: "Do you like the fashion world? Do you follow the latest trends? What's your style? "
Alex: "I'm not very faithful to any in particular. Everything depends on the circumstances and occasions that arise. When I feel comfortable, I think the final result corresponds to my personality, I care little about the origin of clothing. And if I have to chose something in particular ... I especially like the Asian-inspired style and American fashion from the fifties and sixties. "

Hope that helps! :flowers:

Thank you for translating Sugarbaby!. Its my first time seeing Princess Alexandra giving an interview!

Thanks Sugarbaby! This interview is very interesting.

What a nice interview! Thank you for posting!

Enjoyed reading the interview.

Posts speculating that Alexandra is pregnant have been removed, as unless we get an announcement from the Grand Ducal Court, Alexandra is not pregnant (and highly unlikely to begin with).

Any queries should be referred to the moderators via private message.

JessRulz
Luxembourg Forum Moderator

Alexandra looks wonderful in these pictures.

I love Alexandra's interview. She grew to be simple and modest despite living in one of the richest families all over the world. Thanks so much for that translation of her interview, sugarbaby318 ^^

Franciscan University (where she studies) is definitely Catholic and traditional. Its amazing how her parents and the Luxembourgian court found out about that school -
Will Obama Destroy Franciscan University of Steubenville?

If it isn't loyal to Catholic teaching, there should've been no article like that written about it.

It's great to see Princess Alexandra back in Luxembourg. :flowers:

:previous: it's great to see Princess Alexandra after a long time. Did she graduate from university?

Yes, Shikha Pal, she did, but I wonder why it wasn't mentioned in a news like Sébastien's graduation.

She is thin again!

I find that very interested (If is true) :cool:

Back
Top Bottom