Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to Divorce: January 18, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Inviting the Telegraph to join her in a suit against her ex-husband was, I believe, the final nail in her coffin. She wanted to expose the family's financial background which is inextricably joined to that of the Grand Ducal family of Luxembourg.

She made a conscious decision to involve the Telegraph to give her more "reasonable cause" but I believe that has merely reinforced the impression that she wishes to utilise her royal connections in her future endeavours. The very same reasoning she using when she argued to keep her title and surname.

Tessy's lack of restraint and blatant attempts to plead innocence on all counts has rebounded on her and seen her called a gold-digger and worse. That she should treat her title, surname and now not only their family home but the family finances, with it's inevitable connection to the Ducal House, as "assets" merely underscores the gravity of her mistake.

She is definitely naive if she thought the Telegraph wanted to know about "Princess" Tessy Antony's financial business. They were after bigger fish and she was going to open that door enough for them to pry as much as they could. Loius knew it and obviously so did the Judge.

From what I can see, all the European Royal families have a severe distrust for any media, and with good reason!

Being HRH Princess Tessy of Luxembourg or Ms Tessy Antony will not make one iota of difference now. She is considered being in bed with the media and she will be banished by anyone with connections. I cannot blame anyone wanting to disassociate themselves from her. She knows the rules - she's been a member of Royalty for a decade.

:previous: Inviting the Telegraph to join her in a suit against her ex-husband was, I believe, the final nail in her coffin. She wanted to expose the family's financial background which is inextricably joined to that of the Grand Ducal family of Luxembourg.

She made a conscious decision to involve the Telegraph to give her more "reasonable cause" but I believe that has merely reinforced the impression that she wishes to utilise her royal connections in her future endeavours. The very same reasoning she using when she argued to keep her title and surname.

Tessy's lack of restraint and blatant attempts to plead innocence on all counts has rebounded on her and seen her called a gold-digger and worse. That she should treat her title, surname and now not only their family home but the family finances, with it's inevitable connection to the Ducal House, as "assets" merely underscores the gravity of her mistake.

She is definitely naive if she thought the Telegraph wanted to know about "Princess" Tessy Antony's financial business. They were after bigger fish and she was going to open that door enough for them to pry as much as they could. Loius knew it and obviously so did the Judge.

Thank you for this 'translation' of the situation, MARG. :flowers:

From what I can see, all the European Royal families have a severe distrust for any media, and with good reason!

Being HRH Princess Tessy of Luxembourg or Ms Tessy Antony will not make one iota of difference now. She is considered being in bed with the media and she will be banished by anyone with connections. I cannot blame anyone wanting to disassociate themselves from her. She knows the rules - she's been a member of Royalty for a decade.

Ah, so! :sad: Interesting when one considers that video I recall watching showing her to advantage doing 'significant' work. So! It all went to her head! Not the first time someone who married into royalty got a bit confused on where the fairy dust was (actually) coming from. She killed the golden goose (to mix metaphors). Sad.

i am unaware of tessy's involvement with the telegraph - can someone briefly explain?

When Princess Margarita de Bourbon de Parme (niece of Queen Beatrix, cousine of King Willem-Alexander) and Edwin de Roy van Zuydewijn divorced and the alimentation was discussed, the side of Edwin wanted to expose financial details. (Princess Margarita was "penniless" and Edwin wanted to disclose information to media to show that his wife really was not that poor).

The same mechanism happened: Princess Margarita's supposed wealth, and that of her siblings, is connected with the Dutch royal family. Exactly like Prince Louis' supposed wealth is connected with the Luxembourg grand-ducal family. Also in Edwin's case the Judge blocked him in trying to co-operate with media in "tell all-articles".

Edwin also was seen as a gold digger, exploiting his spouse's supposed wealth to fund their lifestyle (including a château in the Gers, France). In the divorce battle Edwin thought to woo media (and influence public opinion) with disclosing inside information.

Like the British Judge did in this case, also the Dutch Judge ruled that the right of the media (Freedom of Press) did not outweigh the right of Princess Margarita (who has no any public role, like Prince Louis) on having an undisturbed private lifesphere. Also here an appeal on "the public interest" did not convince the Judge.

And of course, the real sensation of a "tell all-article" would not be Princess Margarita's wealth, but that of her wider family (the Bourbon-Parmas and the Orange-Nassaus) which would be exposed as well, while they are no part in this divorce.

Last edited:
Thank you for this 'translation' of the situation, MARG. :flowers:

Ah, so! :sad: Interesting when one considers that video I recall watching showing her to advantage doing 'significant' work. So! It all went to her head! Not the first time someone who married into royalty got a bit confused on where the fairy dust was (actually) coming from. She killed the golden goose (to mix metaphors). Sad.
Tessy philanthropistic achievements are to be admired. No one can dispute that. But teaming up with the media to "expose" her ex-husband's family wealth to illustrate she's not a gold digger has, my opinion, caused her irreversible damage to her reputation, and career. She has the connections, CV and smarts to do very well in life, without having to behave like a spoilt brat. It is such a shame.

I feel I have to protect Tessy here, I feel she is too harshly described in this forum. Tessy's objection was to fight the media frame as "gold digger". From the notes in this process it becomes clear that Prince Louis actually agreed with Tessy. But while Tessy wants to fight back and therefore show private details to the media, Prince Louis feels -how completely understandable Tessy's feelings are- that ignoring (social) media was the only remedy.

What the whole lawsuit was about: Prince Louis felt his (and his childrens') right on privacy are infringed when Tessy exposes private details to the media (in this case The Telegraph). For the rest he actually pretty much agrees with Tessy: the framing of a gold digger is insulting and a grievance. The British Judge agreed with Prince Louis' viewpoint, undoubtedly with sympathy for Tessy's motivation. It was a classical clash between three basal rights: the freedom of expression (Tessy), the freedom of press (The Telegraph) and the freedom on an undisturbed private life (Prince Louis).

The fact that Prince Louis has no any public role, lived the life of a student in the USA and now in the UK helped his case: there was no "right of the public to satisfy its interest" after all Prince Louis simply is a private person. He is no celebrity, no artist, no sportsman, just a private person.

Were it not Prince Louis and Tessy but his brother Prince Guillaume and sister-in-law Countess Stéphanie divorcing in this case, then most likely The Telegraph and Stéphanie would have "won" it over Prince Guillaume as he is very much a public person, the future head of state of Luxembourg, so there would be a significant "public interest" the Judge had to take in account then.

Last edited:
What I find puzzling is the rationale that in order to 'prove' she was not a 'gold digger' she needed to expose the finances of the royal family. What? :huh: We know the royal family is wealthy. Wouldn't exposing the extent of their wealth more confirm (than deny) the accusation of 'gold digger'? Unless the royal family is actually quite poor, we just don't know it. Confusing.

I feel I have to protect Tessy here, I feel she is too harshly described in this forum. Tessy's objection was to fight the media frame as "gold digger". From the notes in this process it becomes clear that Prince Louis actually agreed with Tessy. But while Tessy wants to fight back and therefore show private details to the media, Prince Louis feels -how completely understandable Tessy's feelings are- that ignoring (social) media was the only remedy.

What the whole lawsuit was about: Prince Louis felt his (and his childrens') right on privacy are infringed when Tessy exposes private details to the media (in this case The Telegraph). For the rest he actually pretty much agrees with Tessy: the framing of a gold digger is insulting and a grievance. The British Judge agreed with Prince Louis' viewpoint, undoubtedly with sympathy for Tessy's motivation. It was a classical clash between three basal rights: the freedom of expression (Tessy), the freedom of press (The Telegraph) and the freedom on an undisturbed private life (Prince Louis).

The fact that Prince Louis has no any public role, lived the life of a student in the USA and now in the UK helped his case: there was no "right of the public to satisfy its interest" after all Prince Louis simply is a private person. He is no celebrity, no artist, no sportsman, just a private person.

Were it not Prince Louis and Tessy but his brother Prince Guillaume and sister-in-law Countess Stéphanie divorcing in this case, then most likely The Telegraph and Stéphanie would have "won" it over Prince Guillaume as he is very much a public person, the future head of state of Luxembourg, so there would be a significant "public interest" the Judge had to take in account then.
If Tessy wanted to set the record straight, she had other options. The first would be to get on with her life!

I totally agree, people are very harsh and cruel towards Princess Tessy on this forum.

I read through some of the order(it was very long) and scrolled down to the bottom to look at the terms of the order and found this

"ORDER

1. Duration

This order shall have effect until the conclusion of the financial remedy proceedings between the Applicant and the First Respondent."

So the order is not really worth much because it's so temporary, it seems to me that it's a storm in a teacup. Seriously Louis, as if you could gag someone for life in divorce proceedings anyway!

Princess Tessy can say anything she likes to whomever she likes after the settlement.

How would anyone here feel if they were unable to tell the truth and stand up for themselves if they were the victims of gross and unrelenting slander and libel?

Last edited:
:previous: I don't know Tessy but one thing I do know, it is Prince Louis and the Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family that included her and invited her into their home and introduced her to people she would never otherwise have met. Doors were opened for her that would otherwise she would never have known existed.

In all fairness, Tessy has worked well and earned a great degree of respect. However, I believe she may have scored the ultimate own goal by including the media in the settlement phase of her divorce. Most of these people guard their privacy jealously and to see Tessy try to throw her ex-husband under a bus by trying to use the media is definitely an eyebrow raiser.

Divorce is an unfortunate fact of life these days and carries no stigma unless it is surrounded by scandal. She may have closed a lot of doors that would have otherwise remained open to her. She may find that continuing her career is not going to be as easy as she had thought.

Divorce is an unfortunate fact of life these days and carries no stigma unless it is surrounded by scandal. She may have closed a lot of doors that would have otherwise remained open to her. She may find that continuing her career is not going to be as easy as she had thought.

True enough, that is the way aristocratic and royalty circles work, but in Tessy's case I think she will be okay with all the other doors that will remain open, or swing open because of the notoriety. :cool: It happens that way. Though....not always for women. For men it does. 'Twill see. Maybe she remarries soon and life moves on.

I totally agree, people are very harsh and cruel towards Princess Tessy on this forum.

I read through some of the order(it was very long) and scrolled down to the bottom to look at the terms of the order and found this

"ORDER

1. Duration

This order shall have effect until the conclusion of the financial remedy proceedings between the Applicant and the First Respondent."

So the order is not really worth much because it's so temporary, it seems to me that it's a storm in a teacup. Seriously Louis, as if you could gag someone for life in divorce proceedings anyway!

Princess Tessy can say anything she likes to whomever she likes after the settlement.

How would anyone here feel if they were unable to tell the truth and stand up for themselves if they were the victims of gross and unrelenting slander and libel?
I didn't see anywhere that Prince Louis wants to gag Princess Tessy for life. His right to privacy and the children's privacy are valid.

Even if the judge had ruled in Tessy's favor, disclosing her offer of settlement could backfire. No one is guaranteed to believe her offer is fair and might only fuel more stories from Lëtzebuerg Privat. The media would be the biggest winners, not Tessy. It also pressures Louis to disclose his offer of settlement.
109. […] the need to protect the proper administration of justice by ensuring the confidentiality of the process of negotiation intrinsic to financial remedy proceedings and to the way the court seeks to do justice to the parties outweighs the need for the wife to exercise her right to freedom of expression by publishing the terms of her open offer and information concerning the family home in the press to redress attacks on her reputation. Within this context, it is not only the bare terms of the wife's open offer that comprises information relevant to the conduct of negotiations, but so too the information concerning the matrimonial home.

110. I must measure this conclusion against the yardstick of proportionality. In my judgment, the order I intend to make is a proportionate response to the necessity of protecting the proper administration of justice in this case. There is, as Parliament has recognised, a pressing social need to ensure the confidentiality of negotiations that take place within the context of financial remedy proceedings. Without the order I intend to make, I am satisfied that, as Ms Marzec submits, in response to the publication of the bare terms of the wife's open offer, the husband will be compelled to indicate publicly his position, not least because by virtue of his Royal status his personal wealth will likely be assumed, wrongly, to be vast. […] This risks external pressure being brought to bear on one or both parties with respect to their negotiating positions.

111. It is undesirable to say the least to have negotiations in financial remedy cases proceed in the glare of publicity, influenced by the public's view of what is and is not a fair offer, with the possibility of parties crafting offers with an eye to how they might play to the public and one or other party being placed under pressure to settle by public opinion. The process of negotiation becomes much more difficult where both parties fear that their offers and concessions "will be laundered in the media", to use Ms Marzec's phrase. Such a position would also risk giving rise to satellite litigation in respect of the publication of offers concerning, for example, what information in an offer is or is not protected by the implied undertaking. […]
Outside of Luxembourg and royal followers, there is little public interest in this divorce. Of course, everyone should be able to stand up for themselves against false and damaging stories. Yet for most royals and celebrities, it's better to ignore the majority of gossip reports. If she cannot ignore them, Tessy could sue Lëtzebuerg Privat. Why use Telegraph Media Group?

Last edited:
Tessy, by all appearances wanted or was willing to go through a divorce to end her marriage. I admit I don't know which spouse initially began the action, I don't know either Tessy or Louis and it isn't my business, but sadly, she has/had grown used to the "perks" of being a Royal and wishes those perks to continue. It doesn't always happen the way Royal wives want it work. I think she may have had a better chance at getting some concessions from Louis if not for her actions per the social media and her lawsuit to reveal private finances. She blew it.
In any instance, let's face it, after all is said and done, Tessy will not be on a street corner rattling a tin cup for money. She'll still make out much better than the average woman going through a divorce.
I don't think anyone in this thread has been mean and cruel to Tessy, there have been opinions supporting Tessy and those stating she hasn't helped herself at all. We all are entitled to our say as long as it isn't attacking one another. Being cruel and mean to Tessy was a bit of an overstatement.

In Luxembourg newspapers there is little interest for this divorce .
The picture where she is drinklng Champagne with 2 Chanel bags was very bad!

I don't think anyone in this thread has been mean and cruel to Tessy, there have been opinions supporting Tessy and those stating she hasn't helped herself at all. We all are entitled to our say as long as it isn't attacking one another. Being cruel and mean to Tessy was a bit of an overstatement.

I disagree, go back and read some of the comments

There are very few positive ones, if a negative slant can be put on anything she does it is

I've read the entire thread and there are negative comments, the comments are concerning the unwise course Tessy has taken over the course of the divorce proceedings. I've always liked Tessy and her achievements, but as I've written before, I feel she has taken the wrong steps on social media in trying to influence public opinion during this ordeal and it could backfire on her especially her recent court action which she lost. Am I being cruel and mean? People have their opinions, but Tessy hasn't been labeled anything as near as Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall has been over the years, not here, but on many Boards and in the media.
We can agree to disagree, that's fine with me. A very famous actress was once called a gold digger and she stated people who call her that are jealous because she has what they want. Being called a gold digger by the gutter tabloids is nothing, she should have sued them as suggested above.
Yes, I do read all the threads that interest me from their beginnings.

I don't know much about Tessy but she seems to be acitng up with this divroce. She has had a lot from the LRF, true she's worked hard and achieved something but marrying Louis gave her a start.. and if she wants to continue her charity wrok, it is now up to her. She wont be left POOR by the divorce. She may nto be as rich, and she may lose some of her status but she will hardly be left poor and having to get a job..so she should take that and quietly settle down to her new life. If she's sicnere about the charity work and goes on doing it, I think people will admire her and she will become a figure who is respected, so IMO she hs nothing to complain about. but it is up to her. Wasting her time iwht petty battles or putting pics on the social media, is only making her look silly, or as if she IS using the meida against her husband and the RF...

I've always found Tessy very much like a "one of us" kind of person. She is open and seems perfectly nice. She just didn't get a lot of good advice in this whole divorce proceedings. I found her actions, social media posts, immature and somewhat naive. I have these opinions not because I judge her but because those same actions I've seen on friends and even myself (the "woe is me" posts when I was in my mid 20s and wanting to guilt trip ex lol cringing now). It is not being cruel or mean but sincerely wanting her to act with more maturity and take the high road. The media and people she knows and do not know will say whatever they want to, it will be painful for her but she has to act with quiet dignity at all times. To be reserved does not equate to weakness. I would advise that to a friend, soon to be an ex princess or not.

well she IS one of us! And its sad that her marriage didn't wrok out, but I think that she is not being wise in what she's been doing over the divorce. She should do her work, if that involves posting on social media about her charity stuff fine, but keep personal stuff out of the social media, and pics of her in her kitchen doing whatever. And don't get into legal fights with the media or with her husband's family....

I've read the entire thread and there are negative comments, the comments are concerning the unwise course Tessy has taken over the course of the divorce proceedings. I've always liked Tessy and her achievements, but as I've written before, I feel she has taken the wrong steps on social media in trying to influence public opinion during this ordeal and it could backfire on her especially her recent court action which she lost. Am I being cruel and mean? People have their opinions, but Tessy hasn't been labeled anything as near as Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall has been over the years, not here, but on many Boards and in the media.
We can agree to disagree, that's fine with me. A very famous actress was once called a gold digger and she stated people who call her that are jealous because she has what they want. Being called a gold digger by the gutter tabloids is nothing, she should have sued them as suggested above.
Yes, I do read all the threads that interest me from their beginnings.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one

Maybe it's a money issue...but still not a smart thing to do.

LaRae

Maybe she's going for a personal approach? I admire her boldness and confidence despite disagreeing with her strategy. I would think Princess Tessy had legal advice even though lawyers did not represent her at court.

Urg, Daily Mail: "Prince Louis renounced his claim to the throne when he married a woman who is not of royal descent." Not true.

The article certainly portrays Tessy as sympathetic. Tessy, alone, fighting for herself. Louis, hiding behind his powerful lawyer. Tessy: accomplished, former soldier, speaks multiple languages. Louis: nothing except his lineage

ETA: Tessy is a director at Vice Media, right? That should pay well.

Last edited:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...epresents-High-Court-battle-divorce-cash.html

She is defending herself? I know her newfound brand is all about Independent Woman 2.0 but girl... It is NOT a good idea to have no lawyers on hand in a divorce case with someone who easily has more power than she does.
The development is odd. Perhaps Princess Tessy's legal team thinks that her demands/behaviour are unreasonable, and they do not wish to stain their reputation.

Last edited:
Maybe she's going for a personal approach? I admire her boldness and confidence despite disagreeing with her strategy. I would think Princess Tessy had legal advice even though lawyers did not represent her at court.

Urg, Daily Mail: "Prince Louis renounced his claim to the throne when he married a woman who is not of royal descent." Not true.

The article certainly portrays Tessy as sympathetic. Tessy, alone, fighting for herself. Louis, hiding behind his powerful lawyer. Tessy: accomplished, former soldier, speaks multiple languages. Louis: nothing except his lineage

ETA: Tessy is a director at Vice Media, right? That should pay well.

Why does DM so often not care about the facts?? They want to take a dig at the "snobbery' of the LRF while building up the rejected commoner wife as an Everywoman.:bang:

Never mind how the family welcomed her with open arms-and open purse strings-after she married Louis.

And never mind that Felix also didn't marry a wife of "Royal descent" and wasn't forced to renounce his spot....so did the Heir, Guillaume, whose spouse is very aristocratic but not Royal at all.

So what gives over at the Fail??

Last edited:
But what is Tessy's purpose? What does she want? Is It About Divorce Shares?

:previous: The sticking point of the divorce is money. Ever since the divorce stalled on that point, Tessy has been establishing the lifestyle she intended to live and indicate the money she will need to maintain it. I would love to know who pays for Cotoure gowns etc.?

When they first married they were both broke and being subbed by his parents. That enabled them to live (in quite some style), paid for their children's school fees, etc. while they both pursued their further education. Upon graduation, Louis took a job that is never going to be anything but worthwhile. He isn't interested in the living the celebrity life and, to be honest, they cannot afford it.

:previous: The sticking point of the divorce is money. Ever since the divorce stalled on that point, Tessy has been establishing the lifestyle she intended to live and indicate the money she will need to maintain it. I would love to know who pays for Cotoure gowns etc.?

When they first married they were both broke and being subbed by his parents. That enabled them to live (in quite some style), paid for their children's school fees, etc. while they both pursued their further education. Upon graduation, Louis took a job that is never going to be anything but worthwhile. He isn't interested in the living the celebrity life and, to be honest, they cannot afford it.

I see you only speaking about his job. What about her job and income? Tessy hasn't been your stay at home mom. If anything her career seems to have been more financially gaining at least. His parents may have supported them when in school early on but she certainly hasn't relied on them and Louis solely.

As for the designer clothes she does. Many of the gowns will have been donated by the designers for publicity. Endorsing products on her social media.

I didn't mention Tessy's jobs because they have all been high profile and I guess I took it for granted everyone knew as there has been a considerable amount of information and photos posted on social media.

Bottom line, being seen in all the right places in all the right people seems to be sort of tapering off.

Back
Top Bottom