HGD Couple expecting their first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WoooooooWwww!

Congrats, congrats, CONGRATS!

I was also already losing hope!

May God bless future parents and grandparents!:luxflag::luxstandard::belgiumflag2::queen4::king2:?:hug::heartflower:??

Don't dare to judge them, and you don't know, maybe they have had fertility issues. We just don't know.

I stated my opinion and I already warned that it might sound harsh and sarcastic. It's how I see it. Maybe they had trouble indeed but I don't have a crystal ball. Perhaps she/they weren't ready earlier.

Nevertheless, I stick with what I said. I know it's an extremely sensitive topic, but my opinion is not forbidden.

It is about time - good for them.

I knew it! She had obviously been hiding her belly in those Moroccan caftans. Happy for them!

I am going to sound incredibly sarcastic and/or harsh here, but it's about bloody time! Look at it how you might, this is part of their position. It has taken a long time...

Maybe they had trouble indeed but I don't have a crystal ball. Perhaps she/they weren't ready earlier.

:previous: See the link in message #26 above. The couple spoke about their plans to become parents as early as their engagement interview, in 2012. This child was clearly long desired.

First Interview with Guillaume and Stéphanie de Lannoy

You both come from families with lots of children. How do your future plans look like?

Stéphanie: Four, five children are a lot in today's world, to have eight children is very rare. But it was the wish of my parents and as the youngest child, I am, of course, very happy because otherwise I wouldn't have been born. Though to be honest, eight children is a bit much. Nevertheless I would like to keep the tradition up to have a family with many children.

Guillaume: It's a gain to grow up with many siblings. We don't have an exact idea how many children we would like. The future will show.

Would you like to have your own family in the near future?

Stéphanie: That's a good question. I suppose, it depends how you define "near future". Within the next three years, yes. It's not a priority but it is important to us.​

Last edited:
I agree...I don't think they have deliberately put off having children years after their wedding, there were likely some sort of issues.

My own mother in law tried for 10 years to have children with no pregnancies..they finally decided it wasn't going to happen and adopted a baby...they then had 8 pregnancies in 10 years!

I'm glad it's finally happening for them, they must be over the moon!

LaRae

Let me then rephrase by saying that, for royal custom, it took a very long time.

But I am out of here, a differing and yes, perhaps sharp and sarcastic, opinion is apparently not appreciated.

Happy news. I hope everything will go well.

Whether they were child free by choice for years or had difficulties or it just did not happen is moot. This child will be loved beyond measure I am positive aside from being the awaited heir. Little Royal dumpling was made exactly when he or she was meant to be:)

My own mother in law tried for 10 years to have children with no pregnancies..they finally decided it wasn't going to happen and adopted a baby...they then had 8 pregnancies in 10 years!

Wow, that's amazing! Congrats to your parents-in-law!

Your mother-in-law probably has some sort of "psychological unblocking" after adopting the baby ( I heard about such cases).

Wow, that's amazing! Congrats to your parents-in-law!

Your mother-in-law probably has some sort of "psychological unblocking" after adopting the baby ( I heard about such cases).

I'm sure she did, was a very anxious type person/worrier. Back in the 40's/50's though they didn't really have those diagnosis ...but we all think (his family) after they adopted their oldest they quit worrying about not getting pregnant and of course things went from there!

LaRae

I stated my opinion and I already warned that it might sound harsh and sarcastic. It's how I see it. Maybe they had trouble indeed but I don't have a crystal ball. Perhaps she/they weren't ready earlier.

Nevertheless, I stick with what I said. I know it's an extremely sensitive topic, but my opinion is not forbidden.

It is about time - good for them.

It seems to me very likely taht they did have fertility problems.. I am sure they were conscious of their need to provide an heir if possible but not everyone is capable of having children. It seems very harsh to berate tehm...

I wasn't expecting this announcement ! Congratulations to the couple.

What an exciting news to wake up to. Such a pleasant surprise. WOW
CONGRATULATIONS to Stephanie and Guillaume.
:flowers:

oh, I'm so glad for them! I did loose hopes - but gladly they didn't

Probably that is why they went to London....

So happy for them !

I wish Stéphanie a safe and easy pregnancy. Can’t wait for the child to be born. I’*m so excited for them.

I'm happy London paid off!!! Wonderful news! Congratulations to the couple!!!

I am going to sound incredibly sarcastic and/or harsh here, but it's about bloody time! Look at it how you might, this is part of their position. It has taken a long time...

I hope she will become a bit more lively now.

Yes, it is harsh and judgmental.

Just because some people get pregnant at the drop of a hat, doesn't mean it is that easy for others. I think this baby is very wanted and it took effort to make it happen.

And it can be very depressing to very much want a baby and for it not be happening.

What’s in London though that Staying In Lux could not get them?

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! We are not permitted to post things like that here but even though Stephanie's clothes have been frumpier than ever, her rounded glowing face told the story. I am so thrilled for them, I had given up hope!???

I just wish Grand Duke Jean and Count Philippe de Lannoy had lived to see it....:luxflag2:

Many congratulations to the happy couple, their family and the people of Luxembourg!

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! We are not permitted to post things like that here but even though Stephanie's clothes have been frumpier than ever, her rounded glowing face told the story. I am so thrilled for them, I had given up hope!???

I just wish Grand Duke Jean and Count Philippe de Lannoy had lived to see it....:luxflag2:

I was (hopefully) suspecting as well. I agree about the changes in her face and the style of her clothing at recent events. The signs seemed auspicious.

Congratulations to the couple and the Grand Ducal family. What a wonderful new! :flowers:

I hope she will become a bit more lively now.

Maybe her lack of liveliness is because of long term infertility issues? Maybe this is not her first pregnancy? I have a feeling it is not. She is a very intelligent woman, and she knows what her primary duty is as HGD. She must be aware of the speculation online and in the tabloids, some of it very unkind.:sad:

When you factor in the devastating personal circumstances surrounding her wedding and entry into public life it makes it worse.

Any way, I hope she has a safe pregnancy and delivery.?

Last edited:
What lovely news to wake up to and right before Christmas, too! Many congratulations and warm wishes to the parents to be. Now onto the speculation about names, gender, etc.!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom