A Boy for Guillaume and Stéphanie - Charles: May 10, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So happy for them, after such a long wait and some obvious health issues ...
What a great news ! A bit of hope in our current gloomy world.

Was it really a "scheduled" delivery ? I read the baby was born by c-section but a c-section at 5 PM sounds like an emergency one. Maybe the birth was scheduled to be induced today if the baby didn't come naturally.

Right ...I wasn't necessarily thinking of a C-section but an induced delivery ...especially after the mysterious Twitter post saying to expect " big news" from the Grand Duchy within 72 hours.;)

Stephanie must be exhausted but thrilled and so proud. Her baby son looks like her!

I would love to see the baby's full astrological chart...he is a Taurus...a charming and stubborn little Bull!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful news, glad the little prince has arrived safely and everyone is well. And some pictures already!

While I cant wait for an official photo, so glad we got a glimpse already.

So sweet that we got to see a photo of Guillaume introducing Charles to his proud grandparents. Real sign of the times that it had to be done by skype.

Amalia is like Charlotte Cambridge, the loan granddaughter. Charlotte only girl out of four, Amalia only girl out of five.

Last edited:
Finally some happy news in such sad times! Especially for a couple who has waited so long for this day.

Congratulations to the new parents, to their extended families and to the people of Luxembourg.

No, see below.

But it is in Belgium, so I assume it feels as if he is born on Mother's day for Stephanie. They probably have two mother's days and father's days a year. On the Belgium ones they might especially commemorate her parents, while they can celebrate Guillaume's parents on the Luxembourgian days.

Congratulations to Guillaume and Stephanie! :flowers:

Charles is a beautiful name - I love it as Charel in the Luxembourgish form too! I was expecting them to go for a traditional name for their first born, so I'm not surprised at his middle names or first name. He is a beautiful baby.

All good things are worth waiting for! I'm so happy for Guillaume and Stephanie! They finally produced an heir! And what an heir, I dare say he has one of the best pedigrees around as his father is a Nassau and his mother hails from the ancient and noble Lannoy family. Stephanie's grandmother was a Princess of Ligne! Both the Nassau and the Lannoy's must be delighted! And Guillaume was so gracious and generous to instantly publish a picture of the new prince! No doubt Guillaume and Stephanie's profile will now rise and we will happily see more pictures of them! I can hardly wait for the baptism and Christmas when they will no doubt publish more pictures! By the way, I didn't expect them to name him Charles, but I like it!

What a wonderful day to become a mother for the first time. :flowers: Congrats to the happy family and wishing Stephanie a speedy recovery

Congratulations to Guillaume and Stephanie! :flowers:

Charles is a beautiful name - I love it as Charel in the Luxembourgish form too! I was expecting them to go for a traditional name for their first born, so I'm not surprised at his middle names or first name. He is a beautiful baby.

It sounds weird but babies delivered by caesarean tend to be "more beautiful" on their first day, right after birth because they have not been pressed through a birth canal, which for an example results in a pressed fontanelle. In comparison caesarean babies are calmly and stressfree taken out of the mother. But that difference is only notable in the first two/three days.

I'm glad that the newborn's names are family names because I question when, in old families, the children do not get family names.

It sounds weird but babies delivered by caesarean tend to be "more beautiful" on their first day, right after birth because they have not been pressed through a birth canal, which for an example results in a pressed fontanelle. In comparison caesarean babies are calmly and stressfree taken out of the mother. But that difference is only notable in the first two/three days.

I had the same thoughts about the newborn...that his little head is perfectly formed to have gone through a traditional birth.:whistling:

He is very pretty!

How wonderful!!! Congratulations and welcome Prince Charles!!! So so so lovely. I like his names, and I don't find 6 names too much. In fact, my mother is not a royal and she has 6 names :D (so it was never that weird to me).

Can't wait to see the first official pictures. This year is a year of boys. Still waiting for pictures of Bhutan's new royal prince.

How wonderful!!! Congratulations and welcome Prince Charles!!! So so so lovely. I like his names, and I don't find 6 names too much. In fact, my mother is not a royal and she has 6 names :D (so it was never that weird to me).

Can't wait to see the first official pictures. This year is a year of boys. Still waiting for pictures of Bhutan's new royal prince.

Yeah I am surprised we didn't get a photo of the new Bhutan prince. The name isn't shocking. We had to wait 2 months for the official naming ceremony, for his big brother. But it was only about 2 weeks after his birth, we got a photo of the little crown prince.

As for name length, think its cultural/country. In Canada even having 2 middle names is not common. 2 given names is the norm. And with most of the reigning houses, 3-4 is generally the norm. But among some of the former royal houses, like the Germans, we often see the longer names. I didn't expect more then 4 as Guillaume and his siblings only had 4.

Congrats! What a lovely baby hope he is a sweet prince.

Congratulations to Guillaume and Stephanie on their son's birth! I like his names, and I wish him and his mother speedy recoveries.

Man, it's good to have good news in these stressful times.

I think the way he was born (caesarean or natural Birth) is not our business. They are entitled to privacy.

:previous:exactly. However no scheduled c section on a Sunday morning, that is for sure. But baby number two will come so easily, my predict. So happy for them and this long awaited birth. His parents look so genuinely thrilled.

If anyone here saw the RTL special in Luxembourg on the birth of Prince Charles, could you please recap for us?

Much thanks!;)

I think the way he was born (caesarean or natural Birth) is not our business. They are entitled to privacy.

At least half of the topics discussed on this Forum are nobody's business. There are whole threads devoted to things like how long after the wedding day a first child was conceived, the nature of the personal relationships between married couples, and where they honeymooned even after they declined to publish the news.

Speculation on this board concerning the fertility of HGD couple has also been rife.

Mild speculation on whether or not the baby was delivered by Caesarean is not harmful unless it becomes persistent. The details are bound to come out at some time or another anyway.

I am just so pleased for TRH that they are at last parents of a healthy child.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone here saw the RTL special in Luxembourg on the birth of Prince Charles, could you please recap for us?

Much thanks!;)
I watched it even though I didn't understand much. ;) Here's an outline.

- Congratulatory messages from Luxembourgers
- News report of the birth
- Video of HGD Guillaume outside the hospital
- Reporter from outside the palace
- Brief interviews with Luxembourgers on the streets
- Back to reporter outside the palace
- Interview with Prime Minister Xavier Bettel
- Video of HGD couple at De Mains De Maîtres’ pop-up store from December
- Recap of HGD couple's engagement, wedding and work
- Reporter outside of Fischbach
- HGD Guillaume in London (RTL program from June)
- Luxembourg weather + commercial break
- Recap of part 1
- Interview with expert…(about Prince Charles' names, GDF history and succession?)
- Rest of the video is about COVID-19, businesses reopening and safety measures, Luxair, coronavirus around the world

Last edited:
This new little royal has some original first pictures.

I can see his future biographies starting with: The Grand Duke was born during the corona pandemic of 2020.

Back
Top Bottom