Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 5: January 2021 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I understand very well that Victoria and Daniel now wanted to comment these malicious articles by Stoppa pressarna, since it has been going on for a couple of months now. Stoppa pressarna has written horrible articles about Madeleine and her family for so long, and now they changed their target to Victoria and Daniel.

The photo at the announcement is nice, taken by Anna-Lena Ahlström. The photo hasn't been published previously, it's from the set of photos taken in November 2019.
Pic

- It is a statement that has been made exceptionally and the purpose for the Crown Princess couple is to protect the family, says Margareta Thorgren to Expressen after the post was published.
The background is that the rumor has spread so much, she says.
- For a long time, we can state, despite repeated denials to you and established media, the spread of rumors has continued. It has reached such a power and scope that the couple today sees it as necessary to make this denial.
Margareta Thorgren emphasizes that such statements are not something that the royal family normally engages in.
- The Crown Princess couple, as public figures, are used to being described and things are said that are not always true, but in this case the rumor has become so extensive and that is why they make this statement, she says.
Karin Lennmor, long-time editor-in-chief of Svensk Damtidning and later court expert at Expressen, says that a "witch hunt on Daniel and Victoria has been conducted for several weeks".
- Above all from Stoppa pressarna but also other media. I think they have been good and kept their grace for a very long time, but when that does not help, I think this was their last desperate action, she says.
Lennmor says that this type of denial is very unusual, but the spread of rumors had probably been going on so far that they felt compelled to go out with a denial.
Hovet dementerar rykte om skilsmässa för Victoria och Daniel

At SVT News
Furthermore, Margareta Thorgren says that nothing about this has been published in "serious, established media".
- Despite this, we can see that the spread of rumors continues in other channels, and especially in social channels. The purpose of this statement is to clarify the situation once and for all.
How has the Crown Princess couple been affected by this?
- They work on and feel good. As public figures, the couple is used to a lot being written about them, and that everything that is said and written is not always true.
Kronprinsessan Victoria och Daniel dementerar rykten om skilsmässa _ SVT Nyheter

Johan T Lindqwall, the editor in chief of Svensk Damtidning, says that he knows the court for several weeks now has been talking about how to handle this. It is without a doubt Victoria and Daniel themselves who have had enough of this spread of rumors and have now chosen to take this step. Lindwall says that it shows that both Victoria and Daniel have taken this very strongly. They are just human and Lindwall can only imagine how they have suffered in recent weeks from all this speculation and rumors. Now we can hope for their sake that it ends, says Lindwall.
Johan T Lindwall om Victorias och Daniels krisdrag _*Svensk Dam

Well, Lindwall could also see, that Svensk Damtidning stops their way of writing. At this time with Stoppa pressarna's attack against Victoria and Daniel, Svensk Damtidning had a couple of days ago a headline "The pictures show - Prince Daniel has taken off the ring", and at the article they wrote that Daniel did not have his Oura smart ring at the Royal Opera...

Last edited:
The more comments I see journalists post about the statement the more I realize that this has been a major talking point behind the scenes at most Swedish media outlets lately. It was a bomb that was about to massively explode and the statement is their attempt to kill the story.

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel have made a surprising post on Instagram to comment on the many rumours about their marriage breaking up that has been written about prominently in some Swedish media outlets during the last few weeks.
"It's come to our knowledge that there are many rumours about the state of our relationship. The rumours talk about betrayal in the relationship and an impending divorce. While we normally don't comment on rumours and speculations, in order to protect our family we want to make it clear that these rumours are without foundation."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaJ51o0q88d/?utm_medium=copy_link

Where did the rumors come from in the first place? My experience is that rumors never come out of nowhere and, unless they are intentionally planted by a malicious agent, they normally have some factual basis to it, even if the rumor itself is an exaggeration. The fact that the couple felt the need to come out and explicitly deny it does not look good either.

Where did the rumors come from in the first place? My experience is that rumors never come out of nowhere and, unless they are intentionally planted by a malicious agent, they normally have some factual basis to it, even if the rumor itself is an exaggeration. The fact that the couple felt the need to come out and explicitly deny it does not look good either.

I haven't been following Swedish social media or forums recently, and I hope those who are better informed will answer the question. However, I do recall seeing speculation from English-language royal watchers in the second half of 2021 after the crown princess couple being placed separately (while the three other married couples were placed side by side) in a family photograph last summer, one or two unexpected absences by Prince Daniel said to be due to illness, and the couple's Christmas video for 2021 featuring only their children (in previous years the parents appeared as well).

Stoppa pressarna started their attack with rumours in the beginning of January and has published plentiful evil articles about Victoria and Daniel and their "crisis" after that. I haven't read the articles, just the headlines. I hope no one goes to Stoppa pressarna and clicks the articles because that is just what they hope.

I haven't been following Swedish social media or forums recently, and I hope those who are better informed will answer the question. However, I do recall seeing speculation from English-language royal watchers in the second half of 2021 after the crown princess couple being placed separately (while the three other married couples were placed side by side) in a family photograph last summer, one or two unexpected absences by Prince Daniel said to be due to illness, and the couple's Christmas video for 2021 featuring only their children (in previous years the parents appeared as well).

During this covid19 time, it is understandable that Daniel didn't attend an event if he had covid like symptoms, even if it was flu. And about the Christmas video, they must invent something new every year. And now they had done a nice video for the fourth advent (not Christmas) with Estelle and Oscar. Their parents weren't needed there. I can't understand how someone could think that the couple has problems if they are not at a Christmas video. We saw the whole family together when Victoria, Daniel and the children made their traditional Christmas Eve visit, now to Solna fire station.

Roger Lundgren, a royal expert who wrote queen Silvia's jubilee book, says at Expressen that he had heard the rumours. Rightly so, Victoria and Daniel are tired of these rumors. Getting daily conversations with these issues from around the world takes focus away from other things. That is why it was important that they went out with this denial, says Lundgren. He is asked now these rumors arose, Lundgren says that he guesses it's a person who has a celebrity site who invented this, then the train has started. Lundgren believes that the statement will calm down most of the spread of rumors, but he urges everyone to think before spreading a "news" further.
- You have to remember that the royal family is also a family and something like this affects the children, so it was important that they went out with this denial. A divorce is a very serious story, not least for a couple who will be future regent couple for Sweden.
Karin Lennmor om dementin_ En häxjakt på Daniel och Victoria

Jenny Alexandersson, Aftonbladet's royal expert:
My colleagues and I have been asked many questions recently why Aftonbladet does not write about Victoria and Daniel's marriage problems. Believe me, we have done a solid journalistic job. Had there been a divorce going on, we would have reported on it.
The intense spread of rumors eventually became a self-playing piano. Suddenly it was a truth for very many.
The court has repeatedly denied. In the end, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel decided to put their foot down.
"To protect our family, we want to make it clear, once and for all, that the rumors that are now spreading are completely unfounded."
It's an unusual decision. A comment at this level risks giving weight to the gossip. Give it legitimacy.
British Queen Elizabeth's motto "Never complain, Never explain" has been adopted by many European royal houses. Also the Swedish.
But in this situation, a comment was the only right one.
Do not forget that there is a child who can read in the family and who has friends who can read. Do not forget that a gossip that on the surface can seem exciting and exhilarating - for children it can be completely destructive.
Hopefully the rumor spreading ends now.
Jenny Alexandersson om skilsmässorykterna kring Victoria och Daniel

Last edited:
Stoppa pressarna started their attack with rumours in the beginning of January and has published plentiful evil articles about Victoria and Daniel and their "crisis" after that. I haven't read the articles, just the headlines. I hope no one goes to Stoppa pressarna and clicks the articles because that is just what they hope.

Thanks Lady Finn. I understand it is an online site, correct?
There must be an agenda if the rumors are being repeated that consistently, even forcing the CP couple to do a counter statement?
I think their marriage is strong but not without difficulty, but this goes for any marriage that is under scrutiny 24/7.

The other major player in spreading these rumours is, as LadyFinn mentioned in a post up-thread, the so called "Royal Magazine" Svensk Damtidning that with it's coverage of the rumours finally hit the gutter it's slowly been descending into for years.

I can see why they felt the need to publicly deny it out of concern for their children.

I think Victoria and Daniel did well to make this announcement. So ended the rumors.

Hmm, so this picture was proof of a bad marriage? I would think it had something to do with composition. If the king and queen are in the middle, you'd want 3 adults on either side of them. And Daniel ended up on one side together with Oscar and Victoria with Estelle on the other side.

Do we also need to start worrying about Leonore because she isn't placed with her parents? My guess is some of the kids, just really wanted to be on the carriage ? Just making sure that all the children seem happy and look in the right direction is quite an achievement :D

I feel very bad for the. Can’t they threaten a lawsuit or something

The speculation about this photo is ridiculous.

Daniel is next to Oscar because Oscar is actually in a risky position (high up on the driver's seat). In fact, you clearly see a parent next to each of the children in the wagon.

Victoria is in a bright white dress in direct light, which is going to grab the eye and also look a bit flat- so for composition's sake, she's not next to Daniel, who is in a white shirt. I also think she was put behind her daughter for symbolic reasons.

Yesterday at Arken Zoo pet store
"Nowadays I consider myself VID (Very Important Dog). Greeted the Crown Princess and Estelle today when I was cutting my claws. Estelle thought I was very nice. They bought dog food for their dog who turned two years old."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CakMnVQMWD7/

This week the schools in Stockholm have a winter holiday week, called sports holiday.
Margareta Thorgren said today to Svensk Damtidning:
- The Crown Princess couple is of course following the process of events regarding Russia's invasion, but now in recent days they have also had some sports holiday.
Thorgren says that the family is in Sweden.
The rest is private. But it is a good guess that it is about outdoor activities. And skiing!, writes Svensk Damtidning.
Victoria och Daniel på sportlov med barnen – har lämnat Stockholm _*Svensk Dam

Victoria is second on Expressen's list of 100 Women 2022

On March 8 - International Women's Day - Expressen draws attention to 100 Swedish women who are role models or otherwise stand out. Here are the women of the year.
First on the list is Prime Minister Magdalena Andersson.
2. Victoria, Crown Princess
Victoria and Daniel went out side by side in a unique denial of rumors of an impending divorce. It is not easy to live in public, but Victoria does it with pondus and dignity. Over the past year, she has distinguished herself with her involvement in the field of culture, digital visits to the country's municipalities and in the image in uniform at the reopening of the 4th Marine Regiment. In times of unrest in Europe, the royal family plays an important role for many as a unifying symbol.
Årets 100 kvinnor 2022 – här är hela listan på de som gjort avtryck

Last edited:
Damernas Värld magazine:
Victoria's costume cavalcade - a stylish match with Daniel
The elegant style, which goes in matching color scheme with Prince Daniel, gives us a strong couple dressing feeling.
Last year was a very good fashion year for Crown Princess Victoria - despite a pandemic-adapted royal program - and we have been inspired by her elegant style and love of Swedish design.
Victorias kostymkavalkad – en stilsäker... _ Damernas Värld

Secretary General Anna Nilsdotter of WaterAid Sweden posted to her Instagram yesterday:
Sunny and radiantly beautiful morning in Haga Park together with Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar, as well as @mathildapiehl and @mirre20 from @wateraidsweden and photographer @rebeckaekholm.
The Crown Princess is the patron of @wateraidsweden and we photographed and filmed before World Water Day on Tuesday and talked to the children about how many children and adults in the world lack clean water and toilets.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CbVkNWFMNjl/

Crown Princess Victoria's week in Swedish fashion - all the looks day by day
During the past week, Crown Princess Victoria has shown her love for Swedish fashion and Swedish designers almost every day.
Victorias vecka i svenskt mode – alla... _ Damernas Värld

Victoria wears often clothes from swedish By Malina
Malin Ek Andrén's By Malina and Stephanie Bergström's (wife of Jonas Bergström) Soft Goat merge and are acquired by Stella Capital, which is forming a new owner company. The owners of Soft Goat and By Malina have reinvested money in the new owner company in which Stella Capital is the majority owner. They don't want to go out with how much the owners got paid in the deal, but in similar deals in the segment, the price tag should have been around SEK 200 million for both companies.
By Malina och Soft Goat går ihop och köps upp av Stella Capital - Breakit

Niklas Larsson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Osby Municipality, posted to his Instagram a letter he has got from Victoria and Daniel, it has been dated in February 2022 at Haga Palace:
"Letter from Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel! At the beginning of last year, I had a digital video meeting with Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel where we talked about Osby municipality's challenges during the pandemic and all our possibilities ahead. We talked about companies in development, our good care for the elderly, nature around the municipality and much more. The Crown Princess couple had digital meetings with all the Chairs of the Executive Committees in municipalities in Sweden. Now the Crown Princess couple has sent a letter to me and thanked for our digital meeting, so heavenly nicely done! I met the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel a few weeks ago in Stockholm and then they said that it was fun to see for real this time. At the bottom of the letter, they also send a greeting to all municipal employees. The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel wish us good luck with our important work for the municipality's residents."
https://gramhir.com/media/2806065397217069920

Niklas Larsson told about having met Victoria and Daniel some weeks ago, he was at Victoria's Name Day celebration at the Royal Palace. Niklas Larsson has told that he has greeted Victoria at Solliden on her birthday eleven times.
Niklas has posted about the meeting on the Name Day to his Instagram:
"Congratulations on Name Day Crown Princess Victoria! Today is the Crown Princess' name day and it was celebrated with pomp and circumstance in the inner courtyard of Stockholm Palace! Of course I was there and had a little chat with the Crown Princess couple, Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar! The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel remembered me from our video meeting last year and they thought it was nice to be seen for real again. I also reminded the prince that on Tuesday it is only 1.5 years to his 50th birthday, the Crown Princess thought it was so fun. Princess Estelle cheered on all the contributions in tonight's Melodifestival, think how diplomatic our future queen is!"
https://gramhir.com/media/2792337159442210591

Also Per Svensson, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Falkenberg Municipality, has received a letter from Victoria and Daniel:
https://gramhir.com/media/2806814688277958272

Last edited:
About the personal interests of Victoria and Daniel at their pages at the court's new website:
Victoria
The Crown Princess likes to spend her free time appreciating Swedish nature and its changing seasons. She enjoys walking and skiing when the opportunity arises. Since her childhood, The Crown Princess has spent her summers on Öland. She now continues this tradition with her own family.
HRH The Crown Princess _ Kungahuset

Daniel
Prince Daniel enjoys devoting his spare time to sport and training, including golf, skiing and strength training.
The Prince also enjoys spending time in nature, either hunting or walking. In the summer, he likes to spend time on the water with his family.
Prince Daniel has a keen interest in art and culture, and enjoys visiting galleries, art exhibitions, the theatre and concerts.
HRH Prince Daniel _ Kungahuset

More Chairs of the Executive Committee of Municipalities have got a letter from Victoria and Daniel.
Joakim Storck, the Chair of the Executive Committee of Falun Municipality posted to his Instagram:
"Received such a nice letter from Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, where they thank for a good distance conversation a year ago during the pandemic. I remember the conversation well, it was nice, positive and good. The Crown Princess couple impresses with their professionalism."
https://gramhir.com/media/2807330626935247591

A new Instagram account for royals by ZDFroyal:
"This is Crown Princess Victoria, the first heir to the Swedish throne after almost 400 years. A strong woman who is even more popular with the people than her father #kingcarlgustaf. But even in the royal world, all that glitters is not gold. Public pressure was difficult for Victoria at first. Now she has found her place. You can find out what challenges #crownprincessvictoria is currently struggling with at #zdfroyal A little fun fact at the end: Princess Victoria speaks fluent German. Her mother #königinsilvia comes from Heidelberg."
https://gramhir.com/media/2807422530444779166

Victoria, Daniel and the children were last weekend at Icehotel in Jukkasjärvi, Sweden. They were photographed at the suite designed by Bernadotte & Kylberg.
Icehotel Sweden at its social media:
"This past weekend we had the pleasure of welcoming Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel with their children Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar to Icehotel. During the weekend they enjoyed the Arctic life with dogsledding, ice sculpting and an overnight stay surrounded by magical ice art in the Design Suite "A Midsummer Night’s Dream" designed by the Crown Princess’ brother Prince Carl Philip and Oscar Kylberg.⁠"
https://gramhir.com/media/2805944196014431884

Photographer Rebecca Lundh took the photo and writes at her Instagram:
"So, when asked if I have had the performance anxiety of my life, I can answer a resounding YES to it. I had the honor of meeting Sweden's Crown Princess with family when they visited icehotel this weekend. It was an extremely HONORABLE assignment to even meet the family and not least to photograph them. Pinch. me. in. the. arm. Many of my colleagues get to take pictures of influencers, but I have been able to take pictures of THE ROYAL HOUSE. It's the sickest thing ever."
https://gramhir.com/media/2805982982245047326

Here you can see the 360 view about the Bernadotte & Kylberg suite
A Midsummer Night's Dream _ ICEHOTEL

Last edited:
The Student Council of Stocksätterskola in Hallsberg invited Daniel to their Movement Day: Now we have received a letter from the Royal Palace with an answer from Prince Daniel! The answer came to us the week before the sports holiday so we could read it out to all student council representatives on our latest student council. Great fun to get an answer to our question if Daniel could come to us on a Movement day! How did it turn out then? Can the Prince come to our school?

Daniel's secretary Fredrik Brodin wrote at the letter on 7th February:
"The Prince liked the nice invitation and thought it was fun that you thought of Him for your Movement day. The Prince works hard to get children and young people to think about movement and activity as a natural part of everyday life and your letter is proof that you think the same way, which made Him especially happy.
During the spring term, the Prince has no trip planned to Hallsberg, which is why he unfortunately has to say no to a visit, but he has asked me to tell him if there is a gap in the calendar. I will be happy to write to you again if that happens.
The Prince hopes you have a nice Movement day! You are welcome to write again and tell us what you did on your business day. Good luck!"
https://i0.wp.com/xn--elevrdet-e0a.se/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/IMG_1628.jpg?w=509&ssl=1
Vi har fått svar från Prins Daniel! – Elevrådet

Back
Top Bottom