Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to Australia: March 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean the model, who is kissing her hand or the one, who is shaking hands with her? Wonder, if this is the start for her "model phase" :p ;)

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 15: Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden visits Swedish truck manufacturer Scania March 15, 2005 in Campbelfield, Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Kristian Dowling/Getty Images)

I bet the press team at Scania in Australia is jumping of joy - free publicity like this doesn't come often, what a thing for them! Great work by Victoria down under, promoting Sweden in this wonderful way - she's really "worth her weight in gold" as we say in Sweden when someone is extremely valuable.

Attachments

• Scania fabrik 15_3.jpg
    Scania fabrik 15_3.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 171
  • Scania fabrik 15_4.jpg
    Scania fabrik 15_4.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 333
  • Scania fabrik 15_5.jpg
    Scania fabrik 15_5.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 163
  • Scania fabrik 15_6.jpg
    Scania fabrik 15_6.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 258
  • Scania fabrik 15_7.jpg
    Scania fabrik 15_7.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Scania fabrik 15_9.jpg
    Scania fabrik 15_9.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 210
  • Scania fabrik 15_8.jpg
    Scania fabrik 15_8.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 179
  • Scania fabrik 15_10.jpg
    Scania fabrik 15_10.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 234
  • Scania fabrik 15_11.jpg
    Scania fabrik 15_11.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Thanks for the photos, everybody. I didn´t like the color of the outfit at the fashion show. That´s the second time this week that she has been behind the wheel of a Scania in Australia.

"she's really "worth her weight in gold" as we say in Sweden when someone is extremely valuable."

And as we say in the English speaking world as well. Cool.

Thank you everyone for the recent photos of Victoria. I love the purple outfit, but I'm not too sure about the green one. It looks nice, but there's something about it; just like the toothpaste/pajama one. I went past the Shangri-La again today (like I do every day :S) and the Singaporean flag has now been taken down (the President came to Australia), and the Swedish flag has been hoisted up. Yay! She's back in Sydney. :)

I hope these photos haven't been posted. Sorry if they have.

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 15: Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden tours the Aboriginal art gallery at Federation Square on March 15, 2005 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Kristian Dowling/Getty Images)

Attachments

• Victoria7.jpg
    Victoria7.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 179
  • Victoria9.jpg
    Victoria9.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 212
  • Victoria8.jpg
    Victoria8.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 225
  • Victoria6.jpg
    Victoria6.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 187
  • Victoria4.jpg
    Victoria4.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Victoria1.jpg
    Victoria1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 212
  • Victoria3.jpg
    Victoria3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 202
  • Victoria2.jpg
    Victoria2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 174
  • Victoria5.jpg
    Victoria5.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 164

Attachments

• Victoria10.jpg
    Victoria10.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 238
  • Victoria11.jpg
    Victoria11.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 207
  • Victoria12.jpg
    Victoria12.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 180
Thanks for the photos from the gallery, Danielle. I´m not a fan of that outfit though. It´s too bad. But that does look like a cool place. That´s neat about the flags. Thanks for noticing.

Photos of Princess Victoria in Sydney today:

Attachments

• 52431553.jpg
    52431553.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 321
  • 52431558.jpg
    52431558.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 52431556.jpg
    52431556.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 52431555.jpg
    52431555.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 246
  • 52431554.jpg
    52431554.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 163
  • 52431550.jpg
    52431550.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 275
Will Princess Victoria have any meeting or Party with the PM ot the General Governor?

Fantastic photos of the lovely Victoria in that yellow dress. I like the photo where she is leaning to the side and seems to be imitating the Opera House with her stance and with her arm. Thanks for posting them.

Thank you for the photos. To be honest, I really don't like that dress on her. And those shoes. :S They're nice photos though, especially the one where she is laughing. :)

Some more from today.

Attachments

• Victoria13.jpg
    Victoria13.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 192
  • Victoria14.jpg
    Victoria14.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 187
Polfoto 16-03-2005 Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden waits beside her car during one of her official functions in Sydney, Australia, Wednesday, March 16, 2005. The princess is on a 10-day visit Down Under as patron of the inaugural Swedish Style in Australia, which aims to deepen economic relationships and increase business exchange between the two countries .

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 309
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 204
Polfoto 16-03-2005 Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden smiles as she poses for photographers in front of the Sydney Opera House Wednesday, March 16, 2005.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 181
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 187
Aftonbladet has an new article on Victoria´s new fashionable style. And because I enjoyed every single word, I´ve translated it completely...I´m sure it´s also "like music in the ears" for other members ;) :

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/kvinna/story/0,2789,617686,00.html (click on the little camera below the article...that´s a little photo-show)

Beautiful, Vickan
MELBOURNE
In Australia she is making a success with a wardrobe full of new fashionable designer clothes.
-My beautiful earrings are designed of my little sister Madeleine, she tells.
Crown princess Victoria has gotten a lot of attention during her trip through Australia. Not at least because of her striking clothes
During the stay in Melbourne Victoria has shown a new wardrobe with new creations.
-Now I choose my clothes on my own*. The most important is, that they are beauitful and that I feel, that they fit to me. Finally the clothes must be adjusted for the right occasion, she says.

Individual
Victoria has earlier told, that her interest for fashion was not very strong. But last spring she has made the decision to change her style for real (seriously)
During a few months she sorted out her old wardrobe.
-She has found her individiual style, but without being a dummy for different labels, says her mentor Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg.
Several known swedish designers got before her journey abroad in spring the commission to tailor new fashion(able) clothes for her.
-Clothers are of course important for me. But just lately I´ve started to understand what they actually mean**, says Victoria
When she met in the evening the press she wore a beautiful dress designed of Per Engsheden. Lars Wallin is an other one of her most engaged designers.
-When I´m here at Swedish style I think it´s important just to wear swedish clothes***, she says.

Liking a girly style
Other new clothes in Victoria´s wardrobe are designed of Maria Westerlind, who got under the Elle-gala in spring the commission to provide the crown princess with clothes.
Under her journey Victoria was among others dressed in a polkagris-striped (polkagris= swedish candy...red and white striped...so here the toothpaste jacket was meant ;) ) jacket and a turquoise skirt, which Maria Westerlind has designed.
-Victoria likes chic and girly clothes. Strong colours fit to her and the feminine pure 50ties style. It´s nice, that she has abandoned the more old-maidish style, says Maria Westerlind, who is with them in Australia.
Later in the evening Victoria watched the latest fashion, when Swedish style arranged a (fashion) show.

Model charmed
When the show was over she got a spontaneous kiss on the hand of model Tim Even, 29
-It´s clear, that I enjoy it, when the models flirt.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Sounds as if Larzen was right, and ETW has really made her decisions in the past ;)

** I´m thinking about making my signature out of this quote :D

*** Bravo to her! An other princess (don´t say names) comes to my mind, who talks all the time about the design of her country, but who wears mostly foreign clothes :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Princess Victoria gives Sydney a touch of Sweden March 16, 2005

CROWN Princess Victoria today added a touch of Swedish style to Sydney as part of a national tour to enhance cultural and business links between Sweden and Australia.

Princess Victoria, who was welcomed to Sydney by NSW Premier Bob Carr today, will help promote Swedish Style in Australia.

The month-long celebration will highlight Sweden's excellence in design, fashion, music, travel, environmental sustainability and food.

The Scandinavian royal was dressed in a knee-length, yellow silk dress, loosely belted by a waist chain adorned with silver love hearts, and her hair was swept into a pony tail as she walked through Circular Quay today.

Her three days of public engagements in Sydney will include a traditional Swedish smorgasbord, lunch with Governor-General Michael Jeffery and a visit to the Electrolux Design Centre.

AAP

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1260&storyid=2820610

Another article from Norway, this time from Nettavisen, The Model, former track and field star, Tim Ewing said he had never modelled for a princess before and wanted to have some fun, he smiled waved, threw kisses and signaled with his hand that she should call him and the public cheered him on.:D

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article361508.ece

I must add that I love this yellow dress on Victoria which I have attached, I absolutly hate the yellow shiny unfitted dress though, and I think it is obious that she has decided to do something about her style and good for her for putting her money where her mouth is, on swedish design:)

and Lena I was never in doubt that someone (old with white hair) "helped" Victoria with her wardrobe :D

Attachments

• victoria.jpg
    victoria.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 251
  • victoria.jpg
    victoria.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Thank you Lena for translating the article. :)

Swedish fashion rocks into Melbourne08:16 AEDT Wed Mar 16 2005

The Swedish brand of style entranced the crowd at the L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival.

In a glitzy affair for the city's fashion elite, guest of honour Crown Princess Victoria was impressed with the freshness produced by her home country's designers.

Princess Victoria is touring the country to enhance cultural and business links between Sweden and Australia.

As models strutted on the catwalk towards her, Princess Victoria soaked up the impressive designs, which blew away the audience at Federation Square.

Dressed in a stunning green, elaborate gown, Princess Victoria enjoyed the relaxed showcase.

Famous Swedish model-turned-jewellery designer Efva Attling, accompanied by her partner Eva Dahlgren, revealed her exotic accessory collection.

The nine Swedish labels are now available in Australian stores.

The acclaimed designers include Mjolk, NYS, Maria Westerlind, Nudie Jeans, Pour, Whipping Floyd, Gant, Deminbirds and Efva Attling.

At the height of the Melbourne festival, the Swedish designs were daring, yet casual and funky.

Designers enjoyed mixing classic favourites with off-beat overtones.

Pinstripes in vibrant colours, classic black and white, jeans of all cuts and colours, and funky printed shirts and dresses stunned the crowd.

Swedish designers showed their sense of fun with colour, mixing shirts, pants and jackets in daring fashion.

Fishnet stockings returned as a focus, particularly with shorter shirts and dresses.

While the designs were eye-catching, they were also functional for everyday living.

©AAP 2005

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=45725

More pictures of the yellow dress and the first pics of her arrival to a dinner with the governor of NSW Marie Bashir (so is there today a dinner with the governor and tomorrow a special Swedish style dinner/gala??)
Pictures are from Fotomarktplatz

Attachments

• Au1.jpg
    Au1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 224
  • Au2.jpg
    Au2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Au3.jpg
    Au3.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 263
  • Au4.jpg
    Au4.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 355
  • Au5.jpg
    Au5.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Thanks for the articles and for taking the time to translate those that needed to be translated. I like the white dress. I hope we see more of it. I like those white shoes as well. All white outfit and the deep brown eyes. A nice contrast. Cool. Well, I wasn´t a big fan of the yellow dress. I just thought the setting and the subject were fantastic.

"I´m thinking about making my signature out of this quote"

ha ha ha.

"
Bravo to her! An other princess (don´t say names) comes to my mind, who talks all the time about the design of her country, but who wears mostly foreign clothes"

Yes, let´s not name names. Victoria is doing a fine job showcasing Swedish design on this trip. In so many articles, they mention Swedish Style and in a few they specifically talk about fashion designers. I hope this will raise the level of interest of Swedish design in Australia and around the antipodean world. Brava to her. She is doing her job well.

Crown Princess Victoria at a dinner hosted by the Governor of the New South Wales region, Marie Bashir, on 16 March. These pictures are from Fotomarktplatz.

Victoria looks absolutely gorgeous, wonderful! :)

Attachments

• NSW Governor Marie Bashir 16_3.jpg
    NSW Governor Marie Bashir 16_3.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 554
  • NSW Governor Marie Bashir 16_5.jpg
    NSW Governor Marie Bashir 16_5.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 249
  • NSW Governor Marie Bashir 16_4.jpg
    NSW Governor Marie Bashir 16_4.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 261
Breathtaking. I forgot to add the brown hair. Brown hair and eyes with a white outfit and white purse and shoes. Effulgent. Thanks for the photos, GrandDuchess

Another gorgeus outfit by Victoria, and she really loves those shoes:D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 261
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 367
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 266
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 221
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 256
Crown Princess Victoria on a visit to the New South Wales Premier Bob Carr's office, 16 March. Great outfit! :) From AAP:

Attachments

• AUSTRALIA_SWEDEN_PRINCESS_5.jpg
    AUSTRALIA_SWEDEN_PRINCESS_5.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 186
  • AUSTRALIA_SWEDEN_PRINCESS_6.jpg
    AUSTRALIA_SWEDEN_PRINCESS_6.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 175
  • AUSTRALIA_SWEDEN_PRINCESS_7.jpg
    AUSTRALIA_SWEDEN_PRINCESS_7.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 196
  • AUSTRALIA_SWEDEN_PRINCESS_8.jpg
    AUSTRALIA_SWEDEN_PRINCESS_8.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 206
  • AUSTRALIA_SWEDEN_PRINCESS_9.jpg
    AUSTRALIA_SWEDEN_PRINCESS_9.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 186
Thank you for the photos. I love Victoria's white outfit. She looks stunning.

Larzen said:
...and she really loves those shoes
I know! :( I wish she didn't.

So far I absolutely love her new wardrobe! The white dress is wonderful like most of the other things she has worn at this trip, but i don´t really like the white shoes. I hope she will keep to this new trend of selecting the clothes herself and let ETW do her job (witch doesn´t include fashion advises...)

Well lets hope she keeps that fashion style when she gets back from down under. And its not just an effect of beeing temporary upside down :p

Larzen said:
I must add that I love this yellow dress on Victoria which I have attached, I absolutly hate the yellow shiny unfitted dress though, and I think it is obious that she has decided to do something about her style and good for her for putting her money where her mouth is, on swedish design:)

and Lena I was never in doubt that someone (old with white hair) "helped" Victoria with her wardrobe :D

I agree, the yellow dress is quite lovely. However I think it should be a crime to wear such a beautiful dress with her everyday ponytail:eek:

Also, yes it is good for her represent Swedish design and all that. However does it not contradict her recent shopping trip to Milan, and her that gorgeous pink Prada bag that she has frequently carried on this trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom