Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Official Visit to Germany: May 24-27, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
Princess Victoria looks very charming and classy as always.

I love seeing all her ensembles, but the gold/silver dress was definitely the sharpest!

After that I liked the two pale pink dresses, then the purple sheath. The snakeskin/belt and orange/belt numbers are my least favorite styles. But maybe because neither are something I would wear. :)

Looks like they had nice weather!

Last edited:
It was very lovely when 91-year-old former president Walter Scheel gave Victoria a kiss on her hand at Brandenburger Tor.

The real sweet story behind this is that the Elder President (my translation for the title of "Alt-Bundespräsident", the official title for former Heads of State in Germany) had represented Germany as the mother country of queen Silvia at the wedding in Stockholm in 1976 and had stayed in contact with the queen ever since.

So when he read that Victoria and Daniel would visit the Brandenburger Tor, he decided to go there and took his wife with him. The media says that the reigning Mayor of Berlin recognised him as part of the people watching and asked him over to meet the CP couple but knowing German security a bit I rather believe that Scheel made himself known to the police and asked that his presence should be told to the Mayor. But that's not important.

One should know that he has been one of the most popular presidents of Germany because of his closeness to the people and because of the important charity work he and his first wife (who died rather early) initiated and did. The German help charity for people diagnosed with cancer is one of them and he is still working and still involved in important projects. So I guess the princess quite enjoyed this impromptu meeting with the old gentleman and his (second) wife.

Victoria und Daniel begeistern die Bayern > Kleine Zeitung
Prinzessin Victoria ist verliebt in Berlin > Kleine Zeitung

One photo:
megustomuch: Now this is real cool

530 « Schwedisches Prinzenpaar auf Berlin-Tour | Stadtmorgen.de

Lots of great and big photos from the visit:
Kronprinzessin Victoria und Prinz Daniel -AFPA-press
Kronprinzessin Victoria und Prinz Daniel in Munich - AFPA-press

Bayerns Wirtschaftsminister Martin Zeil empfängt Ihre Königlichen Hoheiten Kronprinzessin Victoria und Prinz Daniel von Schweden in Aying
Bayerns Wirtschaftsminister Martin Zeil empfängt Ihre Königlichen Hoheiten Kronprinzessin Victoria und Prinz Daniel von Schweden in Aying

Svensk Damtidning wrote about the visit that it is obvious that Daniel understands a lot of German, and the native Germans said that Victoria speaks German incredibly well - when she tries. Although the pair talked for most English during the visit. Victoria had neither the hairdresser or stylist with her, she went to the local hairdresser in Munich. The cocktails at Gasthof Aying Victoria chose a glass of mineral water. Daniel abstained completely from the refreshing drinks.

Photos:
Besuch der schwedischen Kronprinzessin in Berlin: The Apartment, 26.05.2011 - a set on Flickr
Besuch der schwedischen Kronprinzessin Victoria in Berlin: Abendessen in der Residenz des Botschafters - a set on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for these photos LadyFinn. I like her glasses, nice simple design, my glasses are very similar to hers. I think prefer her look with glasses rather than without,

Back
Top Bottom