Pauline Ducruet and the Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the finds michelle!
Pauline looks like a really loving girl. She is cute! :wub:
I hope the best for her and the team!

She's very sweet.
Her expression when speaking are so much like her mothers.

She says conditions and facilities are perfect. She's a little tired due to the change of time zone and different climate but believes that it is a small handicap for all european athletes. She was very proud to be the flag barrier and says she was honored that they thought of her for that job. It was quiet impressive to go on stage in front of 30 000 people and very esciting. She trains twice a day.

Faces:

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - so much like Steph - 9 - 10

Stephanie with Monagasque representatives for the Junior Olympic games in Singapore

Nice Matin

Stephanie with Monagasque representatives for the Junior Olympic games in Singapore

Nice Matin

Not only with representatives, but also with Camille! Third girl from the left!
How nice to see her as well - thanks for posting Elly! I've moved it to her
children's thread as it's mainly Pauline's event ;)

Way cool all of them wearing the MOC delegation tracksuits ... thanks

This is Amélie , she has her first competition today.
Pauline's not in the video but Amélie talks about sharing a room with her and they get along great, have a lot of fun. After her competition she wants to visit Singapore with Pauline and Christopher ( Massimo can't join them really cause he's kind of in another place his sport beeing sailing).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfZFqomiro8

Way cool all of them wearing the MOC delegation tracksuits ... thanks

This is Amélie , she has her first competition today.
(..)

Good you found the channel too there honey .
It has Sebastien Gattuso in an interview now.
He talks about the delegation, how they feel, that everyone's getting along well - like Amélié already said, that he liked the opening ceremony, that the athletes are happy to be encouraged by Prince Albert who will arrive soon and Princess Stephanie who's alreday there, that the educational program is great and the kids want to get involved, they are very proud to represent Monaco, they interact closely with kids from all the different nations present and seem very relaxed.

YouTube - Sébastien Gattuso (chef de mission)

This is a great adventure for those 4.
I'm rooting for them.
( Needless to say I'm especially rooting for the 70 german athletes as well of course :p:) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Iceflower - I didn't realise it was Camille:dizzy: I wonder why Pauline isn't pictured - perhaps she went on ahead

Thanks Iceflower - I didn't realise it was Camille:dizzy: I wonder why Pauline isn't pictured - perhaps she went on ahead

Pauline's in the picture, Elly - next to Stephanie. :p

Oh I thought it was Amelie!!

[FONT=&quot]Just checked the results of today's competitions...Amélié came in 4th (of 8 competitors) in the Youth Women's 100M Freestyle swimming event in her heat.
Pauline will compete next Monday in the Youth Women’s 3M Springboard Diving event.
Massimo will compete tomorrow, and Wednesday.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Christopher will also compete Wednesday. Massimo will compete starting at 12:05 local time in Singapore Wendesday at the National Sailing Centre. Christopher will compete starting at 14:16 Singapore time at [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Intl Convention Centre (Hall 401) against Germany.[/FONT]
:monacoflag:

[FONT=&quot]Just checked the results of today's competitions...Amélié came in 4th (of 8 competitors) in the Youth Women's 100M Freestyle swimming event in her heat.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pauline will compete next Monday in the Youth Women’s 3M Springboard Diving event.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Massimo will compete tomorrow, and Wednesday.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Christopher will also compete Wednesday. Massimo will compete starting at 12:05 local time in Singapore Wendesday at the National Sailing Centre. Christopher will compete starting at 14:16 Singapore time at [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Intl Convention Centre (Hall 401) against Germany.[/FONT]
:monacoflag:

Thank you very much for summing things up for us , Thtregoddess . :flowers:

Ummm, to the mods, would it be posssible to open a new thread for the Singapore event only? :)

Thank you very much for summing things up for us , Thtregoddess . :flowers:

Ummm, to the mods, would it be posssible to open a new thread for the Singapore event only? :)
No problem. I figured I wouldn't be the only one interested in knowing how our little Monegasque team was doing.
And yes...I agree....Mods? Any chance at that? ;):whistling::flowers::monacoflag:

we can only hope for the best for them.....
:flowers:
Any signs of Prince Albert or Charlene (or any other Grimaldi other than Pauline, Steph or Camille)yet? Or any new photos?

^ To be honest i expected to see Albert there as he is President of Monaco's Olympic Committee.And well,imo some of the others should also be there.I don't think that your niece/cousin competes everyday at the Olympics.Anyway,since Pauline has maman by her side everything is going to be fine.Let's wish her good luck.:lucky::monacoflag:

I'm still waiting for Albert to make an appearence there, with or without Charlene.

^ To be honest i expected to see Albert there as he is President of Monaco's Olympic Committee.And well,imo some of the others should also be there.I don't think that your niece/cousin competes everyday at the Olympics.Anyway,since Pauline has maman by her side everything is going to be fine.Let's wish her good luck.:lucky::monacoflag:
I'm still waiting for Albert to make an appearence there, with or without Charlene.

Exactly-I totally agree. I'm doubting we'll see the Casiraghi's-Andy's in Paris on his Embassy internship, Pierre just acccuired one of the Casiraghi companies, and Charlotte's getting ready for the last leg of the GTC, but perhaps PC took Alexandra to watch her cousin. I haven't seen Louis yet. Or their brother Michael. OR PA and Charlene-They definitely should be there. Perhaps they are minimizing the media exposure because of the age of the kids.

Prince Albert is not in Singapore yet, yesterday he attended an event in France.

Well, as Sebastien Gattuso said in his interview, Albert will definetly be there. We'll see who comes along. I'd be happy to see Caroline, the youngsters and Charlene with Albert.

As always we shouldn't expect too much to prevent disappointments.. ;)

Princess Stephanie has given a nice interview:

She added that the Youth Olympics, which involve athletes aged 14 to 18 and are being staged for the first time, were a great vehicle for young athletes to meet and learn from each other. 'It is like a big camp and I see my daughters' eyes and the stars she has in them,' she said. 'Of course she wants to make the finals but she wants to enjoy herself and have the best experience of her life, have great memories and make new friends.' -- AFP

The complete article with more quotes can be found here:

** Princess gives YOG royal treatment **

As always we shouldn't expect too much to prevent disappointments.. ;)

Princess Stephanie has given a nice interview:

The complete article with more quotes can be found here:

** Princess gives YOG royal treatment **
Great article Ice Thanks! Anyway-
Just checked the site again, and Massimo came in 20th (out of 21) in his first race today, and 22nd (out of 29) in the second one today. He'll compete again tomorrow (Wednesday) in three different races.

Pauline becomes more popular in France than before. M6 (french channel) has made a short report on her participation. I don't think that the video is already uploaded but here the link

^I can't see the video :( but i'm glad that she is becoming more popular in France.

:)Here are a few links to articles and portraits on/of Pauline:

Pauline Ducruet, princesse et plongeuse - 20minutes.fr

This one says Stephanie's at the pool all the time taking photos of Pauline. Pauline calls her a real 'maman poule' ( like a clucking hen ) a protective mom ... she ( Pauline would also like to be recognized as an athlete not as 'the daughter of ...'
- it also says the Grimaldi relatives will arrive today ( no idea how many or if they got the date right )

Fit to Post – Yahoo! Singapore's blog Blog Archive Princess of Monaco in town to support daughter

(has a cool pic of Pauline)

La fille de Stéphanie de Monaco concourt aux JO de la Jeunesse / Dernières News / News people / Home - Closermag.fr

( as it has been said by you guys, Pauline becomes more and more popular )

http://www.morethanthegames.co.uk/diving/1712138-daley-arrives-and-admirer-ducruet-already-waiting

( the Tom Daley-thing again )

http://www.nicematin.com/article/monaco/le-grand-jour-pour-deleage

(Article on Christopher )

plus interview with Christopher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgSC8Jo9pAw

http://www.nicematin.com/article/mo...a-jeunesse-amelie-trinquier-prend-la-4e-place

( Article on Amélie )

:)Here are a few links to articles and portraits on/of Pauline:

Nice catches Michelle.
Another update:
Just checked on how Monaco did today:
in Massimo's races on Tuesday he placed 20th (of 21) and 22nd (of 29). In Wednesdays races, he placed 19th (of 22) and 26th (of 29). He'll compete in three more races Friday. In Christopher's event, he was defeated by the German Tahir Gluec.

Last edited by a moderator:

In his interview Christopher says that he looks forward to be encouraged by his parents and the prince. So I suppose Albert already flew in to Singapore. Any info, pics, glimpses ?

Official communiqué

In his interview Christopher says that he looks forward to be encouraged by his parents and the prince. So I suppose Albert already flew in to Singapore. Any info, pics, glimpses ?

Official communiqué
None that I've seen yet...

he probably is in Singapore already since he's attending two events there for the PAII Foundation and meeting with leaders of Birdlife International there on Thursday and Friday. Perhaps we'll see photos of whichever Grimaldi's(other than PS and Camille) are attending at Pauline's event on August 23rd.
Like I said before, they are probably minimizing the exposure of the press of the events because of the ages of the kids participating....

None that I've seen yet...

he probably is in Singapore already since he's attending two events there for the PAII Foundation and meeting with leaders of Birdlife International there on Thursday and Friday. Perhaps we'll see photos of whichever Grimaldi's(other than PS and Camille) are attending at Pauline's event on August 23rd.
Like I said before, they are probably minimizing the exposure of the press of the events because of the ages of the kids participating....

Yeah maybe, although I think the media interest in Pauline really grows into something.
Seems like she talked to RMC radio yesterday -> link

She said to participate in London 2012 would be awesome and that she'll continue to work hard. She'll do her best and we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom