The Queen's Dogs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Queen's corgis and dorgis have a pretty sweet deal. They travel in Rolls Royces, Bentleys, Range Rovers, the Royal Train, the Queen's helicopter and the Queen's personal aircraft. They eat the kind of food that's better than what most humans consume. They live in palaces and castles with huge gardens and estates to enjoy. Then there's the fact that they witness all the parties, receptions, meetings etc. when the Queen's present.

It would be pretty cool to be reincarnated as one of the Queen's corgis, if you believe in that sort of thing that is! ;)

That's a life most humans can't even brag about. What I love though, is the fact that these dogs are treated like members of the family, and not just pets. They're included in family get-togethers as well as some official functions. It's something many people consider 'unnecessary' when it comes to their four-legged friends.

I totally agree, Daria. HM's love of her dogs is so evident and sincere.

One of my favourite photos of all time is from when the Queen hosted a reception for England's World Cup winning rugby team. It's the Queen surrounded by big, strapping men, and a certain little someone gatecrashes the photo:

The Queen with the England rugby union team

HM didn't see any reason to re-shoot the picture and so that corgi will always be part of English rugby's greatest triumph!

One of my favourite photos of all time is from when the Queen hosted a reception for England's World Cup winning rugby team. It's the Queen surrounded by big, strapping men, and a certain little someone gatecrashes the photo:

HM didn't see any reason to re-shoot the picture and so that corgi will always be part of English rugby's greatest triumph!

:ROFLMAO: :lol: :D How precious is that? That corgi is just standing there, looking at Her Majesty, and probably thinking 'yeah, I own this place, she just likes to make everyone think she's in charge, when in reality, WE run the show ;)'. I love it. Thank you so much for sharing.

That's such an adorable picture! Thee cutest photobombing ever.
I think my favourite picture featuring a corgi has to be this one, although this official picture of the Queen is close second.

At Sandringham estate, there is a small graveyard dedicated to the Queen's corgis, called The Corgis' Graves. Most of Her Majesty's favourite faithful corgis were buried there, including Heather and Susan (the latter was the first of the Queen's dogs; Susan was a beloved pet whose headstone message was personally chosen by Her Majesty and later became template for all other corgis). Monty and Cider will probably find their last resting place there as well.

The Queen's corgis and dorgis have a pretty sweet deal. They travel in Rolls Royces, Bentleys, Range Rovers, the Royal Train, the Queen's helicopter and the Queen's personal aircraft. They eat the kind of food that's better than what most humans consume. They live in palaces and castles with huge gardens and estates to enjoy. Then there's the fact that they witness all the parties, receptions, meetings etc. when the Queen's present.

It would be pretty cool to be reincarnated as one of the Queen's corgis, if you believe in that sort of thing that is! ;)

My goodness, those dogs are an eye-witness to British history, literally!
@ Daria....
First quote- Can you imagine what Siegfried would say? Even though if he could, he would do the same for his pets...:lol:
Pic-:lol: I can hear Siegfried giving his " strict discipline" lecture now, even though Siegfried is not a strict disciplinarian.:ROFLMAO: Like I said, it's Siegfried..... we all know his heart...:D

My goodness, those dogs are an eye-witness to British history, literally!
@ Daria....
First quote- Can you imagine what Siegfried would say? Even though if he could, he would do the same for his pets...:lol:
Pic-:lol: I can hear Siegfried giving his " strict discipline" lecture now, even though Siegfried is not a strict disciplinarian.:ROFLMAO: Like I said, it's Siegfried..... we all know his heart...:D

Yes, those dogs have certainly seen a great deal. Lucky pups :D. Oh, yes, we know what Mr. Siegfried Farnon from 'All Creatures Great and Small' would have said if he saw this type of 'indulgence' taking place :ROFLMAO:. All those lectures he gave to James Harriot come to mind (with mannerisms, tone of voice, and facial expressions :lol:). For those who don't know what we're referring to, try to YouTube 'All Creatures Great and Small', and hopefully you'll be able to come across a scene where the vet (Siegfried Farnon) is telling his partner about the 'correct way to discipline dogs' (now mind you, this vet is the biggest softie and animal lover, so what he says is very much tongue 'n' cheek :D).

Yes, those dogs have certainly seen a great deal. Lucky pups :D. Oh, yes, we know what Mr. Siegfried Farnon from 'All Creatures Great and Small' would have said if he saw this type of 'indulgence' taking place :ROFLMAO:.*1 All those lectures he gave to James Harriot come to mind (with mannerisms, tone of voice, and facial expressions :lol:). For those who don't know what we're referring to, try to YouTube 'All Creatures Great and Small', and hopefully you'll be able to come across a scene where the vet (Siegfried Farnon) is telling his partner about the 'correct way to discipline dogs' (now mind you, this vet is the biggest softie and animal lover, so what he says is very much tongue 'n' cheek*2 :D).
*1- Oh yes, never mind the fact that S. dogs, had thier own bedroom, and the cats a centrally-heated screened porch. At least he was not like Mrs. Pumphery( who always reminds me of the Queen).:lol:
*2- Here is the vid:
Sigfried Farnon explains the problems about domesticating animals with barking dogs - YouTube
:D:lol:

*1- Oh yes, never mind the fact that S. dogs, had thier own bedroom, and the cats a centrally-heated screened porch. At least he was not like Mrs. Pumphery( who always reminds me of the Queen).:lol:
*2- Here is the vid:
Sigfried Farnon explains the problems about domesticating animals with barking dogs - YouTube

This is a great clip :D. Yes, Mr. Farnon is really against treating dogs as pets (especially when he decides to take them for a walk, after allowing them to take over the living room :ROFLMAO:). I see Her Majesty allowing similar behaviors, and that's OK, because pets should be treated like family, and not just animals that live in one's home.

This is a great clip :D. Yes, Mr. Farnon is really against treating dogs as pets (especially when he decides to take them for a walk, after allowing them to take over the living room *1:ROFLMAO:). I see Her Majesty allowing similar behaviors, and that's OK, because pets should be treated like family, and not just animals that live in one's home.*2
*1- LOL, what can I say? It is Siegfried . We would be shocked if it was otherwise......;), I agree with you.......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Siegfried was never known to care if his living room was beautific, cared more about the amount of love in it,and I think he had his priorities straight. He'd never admit this, but his idea of paradise or one of them, was a living room overtaken by dogs. You know what makes the vid all the funnier is what we know what Robert Hardy's ( the actor who portrayed Siegfried) attitude toward animals, or indeed anything alive on the planet is- biggest softie on Earth. He is also one who cares more about amount of love than beauty.:lol::heart1:
*2- Indeed, that is why we love Siegfried!:D:wub:

Last edited:
*1- LOL, what can I say? It is Siegfried . We would be shocked if it was otherwise......;), I agree with you.......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Siegfried was never known to care if his living room was beautific, cared more about the amount of love in it,and I think he had his priorities straight. He'd never admit this, but his idea of paradise or one of them, was a living room overtaken by dogs. You know what makes the vid all the funnier is what we know what Robert Hardy's ( the actor who portrayed Siegfried) attitude toward animals, or indeed anything alive on the planet is- biggest softie on Earth. He is also one who cares more about amount of love than beauty.:lol::heart1:
*2- Indeed, that is why we love Siegfried!:D:wub:

Valid points, as usual. I think that those that truly love their pets (I'm including Her Majesty in this category) could really care less if their living room gets torn up, as long as the pets are happy. However, I think in the case of Her Majesty, there's adequate amount of staff to straighten out the said sitting/drawing room if the corgis really go a bit wild (but I have a feeling no one really minds at the end of the day) :D.

Hi there. I love my animal companions. But we SHARE the house. I let them know when they have messed that up and they let me know when I have messed that up for them. We both get to set limits. We both get to make mistakes, but we learn from them. We know that mutual respect is a big part of showing we care, love, commit.

Of course, the queen has more hired help than I do. So I would guess there are broader limits for her babies, than for mine. :)

Seems to me her corgis are pretty much free to roam about as much as they like. There does not seem to be alot of restrictions on where they are allowed to roam. I know she loves her dogs very much but a little discipline is always good. Although they do seem to be very obedient around her.

There are so many of them, they sort of train each other. Follow the leader. In that pack, there is definetly an Alpha dog.

roseroyal said:
*2- Here is the vid:

Reminds me of when we had our summer house in the country, the neighbours had a big white dog named Skye, and we could hear her barking constantly from our house! We used to go over and feed and play with her. We kept our cats indoors (our first one was an outdoor cat at our regular house) because it was country. Our current cat is an indoor cat anyway. The girl that recently moved out of the house next door, her brother has two female German shepherds. They ran around the back yard and barked like crazy! When I went out there, they would bark at me and jump at the fence. I comforted the cat when they were there. My brother wants a German shepherd. He doesn't like small yappy dogs, like poodles and chihuahuas.

I think that when it comes to the Queen's dogs, they're probably treated like any beloved 4 legged member of any family that bonds with their animals. As I live on a mountain in a forest and there's all kinds of wild critters out there, our Dawg is only allowed to go so far on a lead when he is outdoors. I swear though that although we don't have women gossiping over the fence here, the dogs around sure seem to be carrying on a conversation with each other. Probably comparing notes on who gets spoiled the worse.

Regardless of whether they live in a palace or a cabin in the woods, or in a apartment in the city, most pet owners feel like their animals are part and parcel of the family and I'm sure HM feels the same about her corgis and dorgis. I imagine now looking back at her entrance to the Olympic games is even more special now to HM that the antics of her corgi that passed on is in it.

Osipi said:
I think that when it comes to the Queen's dogs, they're probably treated like any beloved 4 legged member of any family that bonds with their animals. As I live on a mountain in a forest and there's all kinds of wild critters out there, our Dawg is only allowed to go so far on a lead when he is outdoors. I swear though that although we don't have women gossiping over the fence here, the dogs around sure seem to be carrying on a conversation with each other. Probably comparing notes on who gets spoiled the worse.

Regardless of whether they live in a palace or a cabin in the woods, or in a apartment in the city, most pet owners feel like their animals are part and parcel of the family and I'm sure HM feels the same about her corgis and dorgis. I imagine now looking back at her entrance to the Olympic games is even more special now to HM that the antics of her corgi that passed on is in it.

My first cat lived to almost 19, and everyone was so sad when he died. He was a black and white Maine Coon, with gray, brown and red mixed in, and he had big green eyes. We waited a year and a half before we got another one. He's 11 now, an orange and white tabby. He also has green eyes. He has the tendency to wake us up before dawn.

Bingo April 22, 1981 - January 10, 2000

Fluffy June 1, 2001 - present

Last edited:

Oh...My...Gosh!! That is a priceless picture!!

One complaint though. Why isn't the Corgi's name listed w/everyone else's at the bottom of the page that photo's on? That's a downright snub that is.

Half being funny and half being serious there. The four legged furry member of the photo should also have his or her name there too!!

That's such an adorable picture! Thee cutest photobombing ever.
I think my favourite picture featuring a corgi has to be this one, although this official picture of the Queen is close second.

At Sandringham estate, there is a small graveyard dedicated to the Queen's corgis, called The Corgis' Graves. Most of Her Majesty's favourite faithful corgis were buried there, including Heather and Susan (the latter was the first of the Queen's dogs; Susan was a beloved pet whose headstone message was personally chosen by Her Majesty and later became template for all other corgis). Monty and Cider will probably find their last resting place there as well.

That photo of HM you linked to is one of the best I've ever seen and it's all due to the fact you can tell she's not giving a posed expression in it. She's genuinely happy in it and w/her eyes sparking like that...It really is one of the best pictures I've ever seen of the Queen. Thanks for sharing!!

Google Image Result for

:previous: This is my favourite picture of the Queen's corgis :)

(If it doesn't show up, click on the first option and then click on: Dog Blog, Top Ten Royal Corgi Facts!)

Last edited:
I cannot wait to see the coverage of this:

The Queen's faithful corgis are honoured in royal portrait - Telegraph

Please read the part of the article where it explains how the Queen fixed the position of the horse's feet and added in the corgi! I can just here her - "But they have gotten his leg all wrong, haven't they?" :lol:

The Queen Chapel of the Savoy has a special alliance with members of the RVO. THE QUEEN’S CHAPEL OF THE SAVOY – Royal Victorian Order « The Anglophile and some interesting stained glass even before the addition of the new window.

I cannot wait to see the coverage of this:

The Queen's faithful corgis are honoured in royal portrait - Telegraph

Please read the part of the article where it explains how the Queen fixed the position of the horse's feet and added in the corgi! I can just here her - "But they have gotten his leg all wrong, haven't they?" :lol:

How uniquely this window will portray HM! I am really glad to see someone put a little of the Queen's personality and loves into something that will represent her through future history.

In a book titled Royal Britain (which I would easily recommend ;)), it talks about the Queen giving her Corgis Pedigree Chum, which she apparently feeds them herself on a silver spoon...

A perfect tribute to The Queen.

In a book titled Royal Britain (which I would easily recommend ;)), it talks about the Queen giving her Corgis Pedigree Chum, which she apparently feeds them herself on a silver spoon...

I'm not at all surprised. Those Corgis are very, very lucky to be living in such a loving environment.

Here is the new stained glass window at the Queen's Chapel of the Savoy, showing the Queen, mounted on horse, corgi under heel: http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Elizabeth+II+Queen+Elizabeth+II+Duke+c94dNbhrs01l.jpg

She obviously understands how these companions animals live together! So fun. :previous:

This is a very nice tribute. It captures pretty much all aspects of Her Majesty, including her four-legged friends.

Thanks for the link to the picture of the window. It's gorgeous and I love how they also put in Her Majesty's signature by using the leading, I think that's what it's called, and it just so adds to the look of the design. :) Really, really stunning.

HereditaryPrincess said:

I sometimes give my cat a lick of my yogurt, or any dairy product for that matter!

Pictures:
The Queen and her Corgi's:
Queen Corgie's - Imgur

Very nice pictures. Shame we don't see The Queen with her Corgi's like we used to.

Pictures:
The Queen and her Corgi's:
Queen Corgie's - Imgur

Very nice pictures. Shame we don't see The Queen with her Corgi's like we used to.

I wonder how many dogs she has currently. Wasn't there a rumor that she'd decided to stop getting new puppies? And didn't one of her dogs pass away from old age not that long ago?

Yeah, I believe one of her corgis did pass away. There was a story that The Queen would stop breeding new puppies but I don't know how true the story was.

Back
Top Bottom