The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-19-2021, 12:01 PM
Nobility

Its reported that after the sudden passing of Fergus, HM is totally devastated.
And I can totally understand that.

https://www.n-tv.de/leute/Queen-Eliz...e22563243.html

Old 05-19-2021, 02:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Im so sorry to hear that. Its always difficult losing a pet, but especially now.

Old 05-19-2021, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Really sad news : in her situation now it must be devastating.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:31 PM
Majesty

Its sad, but devastating is losing her husband after 70 years.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Any death whether it be two legged or four legged loved ones takes a piece of our hearts with them when they go. The Queen has always had a close connection with her dogs and most likely, to her, it's like losing a family member. Not quite on the scale of losing a husband of 70 years but saddening just the same.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:47 PM
Serene Highness

The timing is awful and I can think of few things that would upset the Queen more. She had the puppies to comfort her about Philip. What does she have to comfort her from this?

I hope she'll get some peace and attention from her human family.
Old 05-19-2021, 07:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

This news makes me so sad. My beloved 15 year old tortoise shell cat Eartha Kitty was euthanized April 10th after a brief battle with cancer. I have cried almost daily since.

Where would we be without our pets? But it's so heartbreaking to lose them.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-20-2021, 12:09 AM
Serene Highness

What a sad and terrible news of the passing of Fergus, who is only five months old (dorgi puppy), especially not long after the death of Her Majesty's beloved husband.

Candy (dorgi) and Muick (corgi puppy) just lost their dog companion.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:18 AM
Royal Highness

That's so sad. I wonder what he died from at such a young age?
Old 05-22-2021, 10:24 AM
Nobility

It was not mentioned, but sometimes it is as it is. I never owned dogs, but mice and some reached the proud age of 2 years and some died at the ge of 2 or 3 months without any indication why.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:02 PM

I read an article which stated Fergus died of a heart defect he was born with. Apparently The Duke of York has brought her another corgi puppy. I hope this one will be ok.
I hope he/she will be a wonderful companion for Her Majesty.
Old 06-17-2021, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dogs are really cute.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggysmum View Post
I read an article which stated Fergus died of a heart defect he was born with. Apparently The Duke of York has brought her another corgi puppy. I hope this one will be ok.
I hope he/she will be a wonderful companion for Her Majesty.
Thank you for sharing this info :)

I read, that he gave her a new puppy, too, and that it was a gift not only from him but also from his daughters.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It's really hard to imagine the Queen without her dogs. They've been such a huge part of her life since she was a small child. Dogs and horses.

That was sweet of the Yorks to give HM another doggo to fill up the hole in the heart that I'm sure Fergus left. When we lose one of our furbabies, the hole never really completely heals but heart is big enough to take in and love *any* furbaby that comes along.

I can't imagine my life without a doggo in it. Each one is unique with their own personalities but we never stop missing the ones that we've lost.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It's really hard to imagine the Queen without her dogs. They've been such a huge part of her life since she was a small child. Dogs and horses.

That was sweet of the Yorks to give HM another doggo to fill up the hole in the heart that I'm sure Fergus left. When we lose one of our furbabies, the hole never really completely heals but heart is big enough to take in and love *any* furbaby that comes along.

I can't imagine my life without a doggo in it. Each one is unique with their own personalities but we never stop missing the ones that we've lost.
I miss all my furbabies who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. You're right, we do have large enough hearts for more furbabies. I can't imagine not having a furbaby and wonder what my life will be like when I'm HM age, will I even be able to live on my own or will I be in a home without a furbaby.

Tags
corgis, dachshunds, elizabeth ii, labradors, queen elizabeth ii