90th Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth: May and June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why does Harry ride in the carriage and not with the others like Will, Charles and Anne?? I know he is no longer active duty but either are the others. What is Edward wearing by the way? He is in a kilt from the bare legs. Only time I recall seeing them in kilts is when they are in Scotland.

William, Charles and Anne ride because they are Colonels of their respective regiments. The Prince of Wales for the Welsh Guards, Duke of Kent for the Scots Guards, Princess Royal for the Blues and Royals, and the Duke of Cambridge for the Irish Guards.

Henry would most likely become Colonel of The Blues and Royals but it's a rank currently held by his aunt.

The Duke of Kent no longer rides due to the stroke he suffered in 2013.

Prince Edward wears his London Regiment uniform as their Honorary Royal Colonel. :flowers:

Last edited:
Prince Charles needs to practice his neutral looks or smile more.

He really DOESN'T.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that Phillip, Charles, William, Anne and Edward Kent are the Royal Colonels of the regiments which participate in the Trooping of the Color and this may be the reason that Harry is in a carriage. Phillip and Edward no longer ride horseback due to age/health reasons but wear their regimental uniforms.

I predict that in the future we will likely see Harry joining his brother on horseback should he become a Colonel of the regiment when a vacancy occurs.

Harry is probably behind his uncles for a guards regiment colonelship. Andrew doesn't have one and Edward's is a reserve unit not a regular army one. There will be a bunch of colonel switching when the Queen and Philip pass. Charles as King will be colonel in chief for all the guards regiments. William will probably go over to the Welsh guards replacing his father. So 4 of 5 guards regiments will probably have new colonels in the oncoming years.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I´m pretty sure to have seen Viscount Linley´s children?! Charles has been seen quite long sitting next to his mother and sister, while his mother talked to the Css of Wessex who sat right in front of them in the 1st row with James and Louise before HM and Pr Philip arrived.

Lord Linley's children are listed as attending in the CC,

The only absentee other than the very young was the Duchess of Kent. She usually attends the major church service events so I am wondering if she is ill?

The only absentee other than the very young was the Duchess of Kent. She usually attends the major church service events so I am wondering if she is ill?

I had been wondering the same thing. She usually attends the big extended family events at least. I hope the Duchess is okay. These folks are old now so you never know.

BBC News Channel and Sky News are already outside the palace, and our matchless Queen (media saying, but I agree of course ) is praised as no other again.

Thr Sky News Coverage has been enormous, almost as big as the Jubilee and much bigger than in 2006, and very very pro Queen as usual, but also pro monarchy.

Adam Bolton Have spoken to former pm's John Major and Tony Blair. Adam said on TV that HM is above politics, but know more than no other whats goes on in the political arena. He also said that HM have built an quiet influence since 1952 and that no Prime Minister will dare challenge the Queen. And I love all the very pro monarchy experts they have on air. Peter is doing a good job, he is aready in The Mall.

The BBC Coverage are even bigger and better, and very, very, very, very pro Queen, and very pro monarchy (even the royal reporters) and the experts are very good.

BBC Breakfast/News Channel are mainly about the Queen and they are outside Buckingham Palace and live around the country where people have street parties.

Peter was live on BBC Breakfast and when he was asked about the prices on the tickets for the the Patron's Lunch, he said the same as he did one Sky News yesterday. He said, this was my idea and it's not a state funded event, and we have to pay the workers.

:previous: Thank, Royal Norway. :)

I presume you are going to spoil us again today with running updates?

In one of the many small portraits of QEII on DK-TV yesterday it was said that QEII apparently got on well with all the twelve PMs under her reign - except for Margaret Thatcher, it was said they never developed a good rapport. - And illustrated it with a hilarious clip from Spitting Image. :lol:

Here is a pic from the clip: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/On-okY7cVhM/hqdefault.jpg

Haven´t seen Lord Linley himself in the cathedral, only Serena and the kids...

:previous: Thank, Royal Norway. :)

I presume you are going to spoil us again today with running updates?

In one of the many small portraits of QEII on DK-TV yesterday it was said that QEII apparently got on well with all the twelve PMs under her reign - except for Margaret Thatcher, it was said they never developed a good rapport. - And illustrated it with a hilarious clip from Spitting Image. :lol:

Here is a pic from the clip: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/On-okY7cVhM/hqdefault.jpg

Thanks Mhuler! The Queen and Margaret Thatcher (who I'm not a fan of) were very different. We have from very reliable sources that HM saw Thatcher as a somewhat cold lady who didn't care for poor people.

BBC Breakfast have finished on BBC One, but the Coverage continues with Updates from BBC News Channel/Sky News betwen regular News - they've just sent live from Bristol and people were very enthusiastic with pictueres of HM and stuff.

I would have liked to be with my British mother, stepfather and half-brothers who live in the UK, but since I now live permanently in Norway with my own familly and work in my Norwegian father's family business, so I have to be here. But I took time off on Friday and have watched BBC One/News Channel, ITV through this the app Mediahhh, and I have access to Sky News as everyone has in Norway.

Sky News have spoken to HM's former cook and BBC News Channel have spoken to several royal authors and former advisers to the Queen. They all says that she's makes oss proud to be British and spoke about how beloved she is, and how much she have done for charity and the country, even the BBC host said she has a spesial place in the British peoples hearts.

BBC is on The Mall again and it's raining, but the patronages says they are so proud to have HM as patron.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in DK TV is running non-stop about the BRF and QEII in particular from 10.40 this forenoon to 01.45 tonight!
Albeit on one of the secondary, but nevertheless still high-rate, channels that is specifically aimed at the 40+ age group.

Very funny to see ordinary people in the royal parks in London, braving the weather to celebrate. BBC is reporting from Bristol again, the weather are better there than it was earlier.

We are off to a Picnic in our local park [held in honour of HMQ], this afternoon.. the Weather may be a bit murky, but NO MATTER.. its only water and will not dampen anyone's spirits !

What heck is happening.

On April 20th: The celebration was overshadowed by the sad death of Victoria Wood.

On April 21th: (her Birthday): Prince dies.

Today: Horrible news from Florida.

Pity its raining in London after the lovely sunshine yesterday ,just watching the final preparations on BBC News.

Umbrellas are banned from The Mall so it's ponchos are the ready!

Despite the rain I would love to be there!

When you do live reporting on what happens on the Channels, then it will be several posts in a in a row from the same poster. But if the mods (which does a very good job) puts them together to one post, as they've done with 3 of mine, then it looks like it all happened at one time.

I understand that the mods do it when there are articles and stuff, but I don't think it should be done when people do live reports.

Queen's birthday: Street party closes celebrations - BBC News

Weather brings back sorry memories of the Thames pageant from the Diamond jubilee... The poor Queen often seems to have back luck with the weather - started right with the coronation...

Weather brings back sorry memories of the Thames pageant from the Diamond jubilee... The poor Queen often seems to have back luck with the weather - started right with the coronation...
And remember what happened to Philip last time, because he is going to be out there.

The Parade has begun was a replica Britannia going down The Mall.

The Queen is still at Windsor; looks like over 10,000 people with ponchos according to reporters.

Last edited:
Sky News - HM has not arrived from Windsor yet. She is said to be very enthusiastic about the patron lunch, because she has constantly asked Peter for details.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom