The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy 1: 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me with a timeline?
1 When was Maxwell's naming as someone who was accused of committing crimes become public?
2 When did she last have any contact with Prince Andrew?
1. Well, we were discussing the articles about Maxwell’s role in Andrew & the 17 year old in this thread in early 2011 & I recall reading about her involvement w/ procuring underage girls around then.
2. I’m pretty sure the rally Andrew referenced was in June 2019, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...et-meeting-Ghislaine-Maxwell-London-June.html although he could have seen Maxwell since his TV interview for all we know. We also know they emailed & phoned each other in the past - so who knows when they last had ‘contact.’

Last edited:
What I will never understand is why she didn't leave the U.S. immediately after Epstein was arrested?

Ghislaine Maxwell thought that there was no need for her to flee the United States because she is covered under the immunity clause within the federal non-prosecution agreement given to Jeffrey Epstein in 2008.

Say it ain't so!:

It is very unfortunately so and it might get her off the hook because very unlike most immunity deals there has not been included a provision which limits the scope of the agreement to the State where the crime is committed thus that federal non-prosecution agreement may apply to the whole of the United States.

The big fish for me are those powerfull men in high positions who took advantage of these young women. Of course Maxwell seems to be quite important in the scheme but has no influence in the world or is rich on her own.

I want to see those people prosecuted who knew what was going on, but didn't do a thing to help those women.

Ghislaine Maxwell is actually the daughter of Robert Maxwell, who built a publishing empire. In the 1960s he was a Labour MP and bought the Mirror along with a number of other printing and newspaper companies. Ghislaine has always lived a comfortable life financially and had always known people in high places.

She is to appear by video link. I hope they don't let her out because she is a flight risk.

The big fish for me are those powerfull men in high positions who took advantage of these young women. Of course Maxwell seems to be quite important in the scheme but has no influence in the world or is rich on her own.

I want to see those people prosecuted who knew what was going on, but didn't do a thing to help those women.
The court case isn't about who has the most power and influence though. It's about who did the bigger crime. GM trafficked these women. Epstein trafficked these women. Multiple women over many years. If we take Andrew as an example, he is accused of having sex with 1 person 3 times. There is no indication that he forced himself on her. We don't know if he knew she wasn't a willing participant. We don't know if he knew her age. She was probably afraid to tell Andrew the truth, but he wasn't the one forcing her hand.

On one side you have 2 people who actively recruited underage girls and and used them for sex and passed them out like party favours to their friends. On the other hand you have someone who had what he thought was consensual sex. The alleged first time was in the UK and she was at the age of consent. Was it icky? Absolutely. A crime? No. The other occasions could be more problematic depending on her age at the time.

The possible sex with a minor does not happen without the original crimes by Epstein and Maxwell. Trafficking is the more serious crime. I don't see why they would offer a sweet deal to Maxwell to charge others with more minor offences.

She most likely won't be held on Riker's Island. Metropolitan Detention Center, Brooklyn - holds inmates awaiting arraignment or trial at the federal court in the Eastern District of New York. This is the same facility that Epstein committed suicide at.

No bail is what I expected Maxwell to get. Now to just hope they the facility that she's in does a better job of keeping its inmates alive. I would think that after Epstein, they wouldn't want egg on their face again especially with most people cognizant of the shoddy job they did holding Epstein.

Probably one reason too why the trial date of July 12th has already been determined. They're going fast to clamp down on this bottom feeder and get the job done right this time. ?

Probably one reason too why the trial date of July 12th has already been determined. They're going fast to clamp down on this bottom feeder and get the job done right this time. ?
Actually setting a criminal trial a year out doesn’t seem particularly speedy to me, particularly with a defendant who’s in custody. Civil cases can take years to get to trial, but criminal cases tend to move faster.
It was interesting to read that contrary to the press reports that the Feds swooped in and bashed her door w/out notice, it appears they did a fairly routine knock/notice, she saw them & retreated closing an interior door - which is guaranteed to get your door bashed in, the concern being that you might arm yourself or flee.

Duh! Didn't notice the year. Just the date and my under caffeinated brain didn't register things right. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Didn't see that either about the FBI actually making a knock/notice and then bashing in the door. It makes sense to me. I've seen enough crime shows to know they have to identify themselves even on forced entries. Its not a grand leap to assume ahead of time that Maxwell wasn't going to meekly invite them in for tea and have an arrest party before they hauled her off in cuffs.

Thanks for the correction!!

I'm not surprised no bail because she has a French passport and France has no extradition treaty with the. US. The prosecution said they are still working with people for more evidence. I think remanding her for trial is to have her roll on some people.

I'm glad that Maxwell has been refused bail. No surprise that she pleaded not guilty, though. :bang:

I'm not surprised no bail because she has a French passport and France has no extradition treaty with the. US. The prosecution said they are still working with people for more evidence. I think remanding her for trial is to have her roll on some people.

There is an extradition treaty between France and the United States, but France, with the exception of the issuance of an European Arrest Warrant, does not extradite its citizens. As Ghislaine Maxwell is a citizen of France she would not be extradited to the United States if she was in France or a territory under French jurisdiction.

In addition is the French extradition process known to be notoriously arduous. French judges are also very wary at best, and outright contemptuous at worst, of the legal system of the United States as well as its prisons.

There is an extradition treaty between France and the United States, but France, with the exception of the issuance of an European Arrest Warrant, does not extradite its citizens. As Ghislaine Maxwell is a citizen of France she would not be extradited to the United States if she was in France or a territory under French jurisdiction.

In addition is the French extradition process known to be notoriously arduous. French judges are also very wary at best, and outright contemptuous at worst, of the legal system of the United States as well as its prisons.

This is very true, but this is a high-profile case of human sex trafficking. I doubt France will go ut of it's way to hamper the proceedings against Maxwell

Duh! Didn't notice the year. Just the date and my under caffeinated brain didn't register things right. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Didn't see that either about the FBI actually making a knock/notice and then bashing in the door. It makes sense to me. I've seen enough crime shows to know they have to identify themselves even on forced entries. Its not a grand leap to assume ahead of time that Maxwell wasn't going to meekly invite them in for tea and have an arrest party before they hauled her off in cuffs.

Thanks for the correction!!

Thanks to the Covid 19 pandemic, all courts are backed up. If she has to be in a notoriously difficult jail for a year, she might change her plea if she has something big to give up for less time in a softer Martha Stewart type prison. It would have to be big, not an over-the-hill bigshot having sex with a 17 year old girl. It would have to be a big international drug crime or murder or treason. Her alleged crimes are worse than any of the name-dropped famous men that Jeffrey "befriended."

Thanks to the Covid 19 pandemic, all courts are backed up. If she has to be in a notoriously difficult jail for a year, she might change her plea if she has something big to give up for less time in a softer Martha Stewart type prison. It would have to be big, not an over-the-hill bigshot having sex with a 17 year old girl. It would have to be a big international drug crime or murder or treason. Her alleged crimes are worse than any of the name-dropped famous men that Jeffrey "befriended."

Agree, from reading this thread, some posters appear to be more interested in her naming 'names' and almost seem to downplay the crimes she is charged with.

Also, just for me personal, i'm a bit uncomfortable when someone calls her 'Gigi', seems almost endearing, like a favorite character on a tv show, at first charged with a crime but in the last episode turning out to be the hero of the show....

just my 2 cts

Agree, from reading this thread, some posters appear to be more interested in her naming 'names' and almost seem to downplay the crimes she is charged with.

Except that’s what this thread is about. It’s how Ghislaine is connected to Andrew and the impact her naming names would have on him. This isn’t a thread about Maxwell or Epstein’s crimes by themselves. That would be found In The News section.

Except that’s what this thread is about. It’s how Ghislaine is connected to Andrew and the impact her naming names would have on him. This isn’t a thread about Maxwell or Epstein’s crimes by themselves. That would be found In The News section.

I understand that this thread is about the others involved

I don't understand the by some, it seems to me, downplaying of Maxwell's own alleged crimes, alluding that if she would name big names, she would be out of trouble
But maybe i u derstood it wrong, i'm not that familiar with justicial stuff...

I understand that this thread is about the others involved

I don't understand the by some, it seems to me, downplaying of Maxwell's own alleged crimes, alluding that if she would name big names, she would be out of trouble
But maybe i u derstood it wrong, i'm not that familiar with justicial stuff...

If I had it my way, Maxwell would be put behind bars for life with no chance of parole. Ever. I've hoped since Epstein ended up dead that Maxwell would be called to be accountable for her crimes as to me, she's just as implicit in the whole thing as Epstein was.

What happens to Maxwell and following how she is prosecuted and sentenced is of interest to this thread because of her close association with Andrew over many years and right now Andrew is probably wishing the really couldn't sweat because who knows what information about *him* that is going to come out of all of this. I'd be afraid, very afraid if I was him.

There's interest in what will come out about a lot of "high powered" people but again, if I had it my way, that information (although a nice try in the prosecution's minds) should *not* have any bearing on the crimes Maxwell committed nor affect any kind of leniency or "sweetheart" deals and she goes away with the full extent of the law coming down on her.

Welcome Ghislaine to the *real* world. Your arse is grass and karma is a big, hungry lawn mower just raring to go after you. :whistling:

Also, just for me personal, i'm a bit uncomfortable when someone calls her 'Gigi', seems almost endearing, like a favorite character on a tv show, at first charged with a crime but in the last episode turning out to be the hero of the show....

just my 2 cts

I see the "Gigi" epithet as sarcastic and belittling.

According to the Fail Gigi paid 25000.00 to have accusers smeared and former prosecutor Berman fired

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...id-25K-Jacob-Wohl-smear-victims-AG-fired.html

Not sure if true but interesting.

The usual vile tactics deployed by wealthy and well-connected sex offenders in their attempts to get themselves off the hook.

Didn’t work very well did it, she was arrested two weeks after Berman was ousted.

It would have worked with most prosecutor's office's around the world. Very fortunately the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern Dictrict of New York is renowned for being determined, resilient and tough.

The smartest move would for Gigi would be to lobby Trump to pardon her after the November 2020 election.

Last edited:
The usual vile tactics deployed by wealthy and well-connected sex offenders in their attempts to get themselves off the hook.

It would have worked with most prosecutor's office's around the world. Very fortunately the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern Dictrict of New York is renowned for being determined, resilient and tough.

The smartest move would for Gigi would be to lobby Trump to pardon her after the November 2020 election.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ghislaine-maxwell-i-wish-her-well/5483204002/

President Donald Trump sent well wishes to accused child abuser – and close friend of Jeffrey Epstein – Ghislaine Maxwell on Tuesday but said he has not been following her case.

In raising the Maxwell case with Trump, a reporter asked: "Do you feel she's going to turn in powerful men?"

Trump said he had met Maxwell "numerous times" over the years because he lived in Palm Beach. But he said he knows nothing about the charges against her, including an allegation that she arranged an assignation between a young girl and Prince Andrew of Great Britain.

"I haven't really been following it too much," Trump said. "I just wish her well, frankly."

As for the British prince, "whatever it is, I don't know the situation with Prince Andrew," Trump said. "I just don't know. I'm not aware of it."

Ghislaine Maxwell very well may be lobbying Trump for a pardon, although I'm not sure how that would work considering she hasn't been convicted, yet. If Trump loses the election in Nov he will hopefully be out of office before her trial next July.

@Lady Daly - you're right. Trump couldn't pardon Gigi unless she's convicted and her trial is in July next year. If not re-elected an ex-POTUS does not have pardon power. But...he may be signaling to Gigi to give up somebody with a name and my man AG Barr may work out a deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom