The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1681  
Old 07-09-2019, 12:01 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,832
One of Jeffery Epstein’s victims, Virginia Roberts, speak out 2018-
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #1682  
Old 07-09-2019, 01:33 AM
Alouette's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I feel bad for Beatrice and Eugenie.
I feel bad for the young girls and women who were victims of Epstein and his cohorts. Beatrice and Eugenie will always be protected by their royal and financial status.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1683  
Old 07-09-2019, 07:09 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Iím sorry, but he was a convicted felon at that point. It was not a misdemeanor. He served little time and allowed to work away because he got special treatment, not because the crime he did plead guilty to is no big deal. They all knew, including Andrew, by that point he pled guilty to soliciting prostitution from girls as young as 14. That was known information, not buried somewhere in the fine print. If that does not disgust people, regardless of anything else in the public domain, Iím not sure much will.

None of his friends should be shocked at the reasons for his arrest. Maybe the fact that he was actually arrested and is actually brought to face charges.
There are an awful lot of "known" statements in your rebuttal. More than the AG or his Office in Florida since he only pled to 2 cases of soliciting for prostitution. It would appear that the entire State knew and didn't care.

The cases out of SDNY are new even though they cover the same period. I think it is important that we don't muddy the waters with our clairvoyance and wonder why it is that he is not still in prison in Florida. Everyone was busy defaming those who they, in their superior opinion, thought were all sorts of ugly things.

While everyone held court on the front pages and even here on this forum, the sole indicted sex offender slithered away with his reputation largely undamaged because people thought 2 solicitation charges are not too bad.

That proved that very few KNEW anything and most accepted the results of the case as vindication. All TPTB and those who didn't share his proclivities would never believe that a 58 page indictment of child sex trafficking that would result in a 65 year sentence if convicted, could be pled down to 13 months and a sealed case. The charges were so egregious as to not even being eligible for a plea deal. And yet they were.

This time we need to keep our eye on the ball for any anomalous occurrences . . . like what division is handling the N.Y. case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I seriously doubt that charges will be brought against Andrew or Fergie. Their reputation may take a dive though depending on how the press covers the case. Right now, the focus doesn't seem to be on the Yorks.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #1684  
Old 07-09-2019, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
There are an awful lot of "known" statements in your rebuttal. More than the AG or his Office in Florida since he only pled to 2 cases of soliciting for prostitution. It would appear that the entire State knew and didn't care.

The cases out of SDNY are new even though they cover the same period. I think it is important that we don't muddy the waters with our clairvoyance and wonder why it is that he is not still in prison in Florida. Everyone was busy defaming those who they, in their superior opinion, thought were all sorts of ugly things.

While everyone held court on the front pages and even here on this forum, the sole indicted sex offender slithered away with his reputation largely undamaged because people thought 2 solicitation charges are not too bad.

That proved that very few KNEW anything and most accepted the results of the case as vindication. All TPTB and those who didn't share his proclivities would never believe that a 58 page indictment of child sex trafficking that would result in a 65 year sentence if convicted, could be pled down to 13 months and a sealed case. The charges were so egregious as to not even being eligible for a plea deal. And yet they were.

This time we need to keep our eye on the ball for any anomalous occurrences . . . like what division is handling the N.Y. case?
There were a lot of knowns in my comment because a lot of it was known. The failure of Florida prosecutors is not an excuse to any of these people. Southern District of Florida and Alex Acosta are facing plenty of scrutiny in the media and are under investigation by the Justice Department. It's not being discussed as much here as Andrew because it's a forum about royal family, not the SD of Florida.

And he only pleaded guilty to two counts of solicitation is said as if it's not that big of a deal. It is a big deal when it's for solicitation of MINORS, which he had to plead to. Not solicitation, but solicitation of minors. The entire state of Florida can be off dreaming, and it wouldn't matter. They aren't friends of Epstein nor are they children of a head of state. Who they keep as friends are their business.

None of this proves these people who chose to associate with him doesn't know his crimes. It proves they didn't care.

His case was eligible for plea deal, all cases are. That's at the discretion of the prosecutors. The charges he pleaded guilty to didn't vindicate anything, in fact it said he was guilty of what he was accused of by these women. It was how the plea agreement was handled that violated a law. Not the plea agreement itself.

It wasn't just something a few knew. Epstein's scandal has been talked about on and off for years. It's public record that he pleaded guilty to solicitation of minors. It was the extent of collusion in how the case was handled that was not clear until the Miami Herald articles.
Reply With Quote
  #1685  
Old 07-09-2019, 10:19 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,551
Utterly outrageous, legally and morally wrong, he was charged with solicitation for prostitution, nothing about children was part of the deal. The solicitation did not and could not use the word 'minor' as I should imagine that would have defeated the machinations that got him that 13mth sentence.

What I am trying to say is that for overseas friends and acquaintances or even within the US, the highly publicised arrest of someone for child trafficking, with many, many victims, pleading guilty and serving 13 mths in jail on two charges of soliciting, and having to register as a sex offender sends a clear message that it was nothing like the outrageous claims in the news and that their friend Jeffery was not a paedophile after all.

Most ordinary people cannot conceive of corruption of Justice on that level. Most lawyers, prosecutors, DA's etc. can't figure it out either.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #1686  
Old 07-09-2019, 10:37 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,428
With Epstein arrested and jailed and facing new counts of criminal offenses in NY and with the information of the previous legal machinations unsealed and revealed, I can only hope for an exception to a statement that is generally taken as true.

I sincerely hope that the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth will *not* set Epstein free.

Repercussions are bound to happen as ties to Jeffrey Epstein become public knowledge. Its already happened to Leslie Wexner, a long time friend and client. I'm sure that there's going to be a lot more fall out as the pyramid that Epstein is the capstone of, crumbles.

https://observer.com/2019/07/jeffrey...xner-lost-53m/
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #1687  
Old 07-09-2019, 10:43 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 311
Quote:
Following the arrest of billionaire Jeffrey Epstein and allegations of abusing underage girls, a new accuser comes forward for the first time telling her story to @SavannahGuthrie. Tune in tomorrow, only on @TODAYshow
.
https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status...31857355382784
Reply With Quote
  #1688  
Old 07-09-2019, 10:47 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Utterly outrageous, legally and morally wrong, he was charged with solicitation for prostitution, nothing about children was part of the deal. The solicitation did not and could not use the word 'minor' as I should imagine that would have defeated the machinations that got him that 13mth sentence.

What I am trying to say is that for overseas friends and acquaintances or even within the US, the highly publicised arrest of someone for child trafficking, with many, many victims, pleading guilty and serving 13 mths in jail on two charges of soliciting, and having to register as a sex offender sends a clear message that it was nothing like the outrageous claims in the news and that their friend Jeffery was not a paedophile after all.

Most ordinary people cannot conceive of corruption of Justice on that level. Most lawyers, prosecutors, DA's etc. can't figure it out either.
This is what Miami Herald printed:

Quote:
Despite substantial physical evidence and multiple witnesses backing up the girls’ stories, the secret deal allowed Epstein to enter guilty pleas to two felony prostitution charges. Epstein admitted to committing only one offense against one underage girl, who was labeled a prostitute, even though she was 14, which is well under the age of consent — 18 in Florida.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...#storylink=cpy
While under federal law, it’s impossible to label a 14 year old a prostitute. He did plead guilty to solicitation of a 14 year old under state law. Regardless of his pleas deal, the public knew back then that he’s a pedophile that got a deal that shouldn’t have been given in the first place. It was talked about here. So please, let’s not argue over the could they not have known. They knew because we all knew.
Reply With Quote
  #1689  
Old 07-12-2019, 12:59 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,744
More coverage of this horror is coming out from the British press. This is going to be rough for the BRF

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...drew-2010.html

Labor Sec'y Costa resigned today because of the scandal.
Reply With Quote
  #1690  
Old 07-12-2019, 02:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
More coverage of this horror is coming out from the British press. This is going to be rough for the BRF

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...drew-2010.html

Labor Sec'y Costa resigned today because of the scandal.
Why was Andrew still hanging out with him after he had been convicted of such disgusting crimes?
Reply With Quote
  #1691  
Old 07-12-2019, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,224
This was always going to be a PR nightmare, Andrew being friends with him before he was was convicted is fair enough, they can say he simply didn't know about it, had no idea of what went on behind closed doors etc. But, Andrew remaining friends with him after he was convicted is impossible to defend.
Reply With Quote
  #1692  
Old 07-12-2019, 02:58 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: -, Finland
Posts: 74
So this is why Andrew didnít attend Wimbledon today as he usually does on Day 11.
Reply With Quote
  #1693  
Old 07-12-2019, 03:31 PM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
More coverage of this horror is coming out from the British press. This is going to be rough for the BRF

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...drew-2010.html

Labor Sec'y Costa resigned today because of the scandal.
Is there anything new in that article? I ask because it was reported years ago that Andrew attended that party & was seen with Epstein after he'd been registered as a sex offender. There was a big hoo-hah & that resulted in Andrew 'not being required' to do the international trade role he had (can't remember the exact title of the job).
Reply With Quote
  #1694  
Old 07-12-2019, 08:57 PM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,525


The only things new in the DM article are details on Epstein's new arrest/charges from this week, and a comment from a BP spokesperson made today that says "the Duke of York has not visited any home of Mr Epstein or met with him since December 2010 when the photograph in Central Park was taken."

All the other information on the party has already been reported (guests, location, timing, held in Andrew's honour).
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
Reply With Quote
  #1695  
Old 07-12-2019, 09:12 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Why was Andrew still hanging out with him after he had been convicted of such disgusting crimes?
Probably because he didn't believe 99% of what is in the tabloids. It's all very well looking back with the aid of 20/20 vision but the details of the plea deal were not made public and pleading guilty of 2 charges of solicitation and 13 months in the County Jail is a "you're sailing close to the wind".

The fact the great and good went to a dinner party he held while spending 16 hours" a day at work and 8 hours in "jail", 6 days a week would lead most ordinary people not living in Florida and not "knowing" anything except what was it the papers to believe that all that trafficking stuff was not true. How could it be, he would have been in jail for the rest of his life, not holding dinner parties on work release.

As to Andrew specifically, both he and his brother's lives were destroyed by tabloid interference and the vast majority of the UK don't believe the tabloids about the Royal Family because they are nothing if not creative. They would never cut people on the strength of the DM, et al. It would have to be something they experienced.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #1696  
Old 07-12-2019, 10:52 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spring Hill, United States
Posts: 3,010
I DON'T THINK Andrew's INFORMATION CAME FROM THE TABLOIDS. hE KNOW, AS tRUMP KNOW WHAT ePOSTEIN IS AND WAS





I don't think Andrew got his information from the "Tabloids". He and Trump knew what Epstein is and was. They just have been part of the scene, and money and power cover everything.













I
Reply With Quote
  #1697  
Old 07-12-2019, 11:47 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
As to Andrew specifically, both he and his brother's lives were destroyed by tabloid interference and the vast majority of the UK don't believe the tabloids about the Royal Family because they are nothing if not creative. They would never cut people on the strength of the DM, et al. It would have to be something they experienced.
Its also very possible (at least to me) that any connection between Epstein and Andrew were more along the lines of being business buddies rather than actually participating and condoning Epstein's behavior even if Andrew was aware of the full extent of Epstein's dealings. Its possible to attend parties and mingle with the great and the good and even be friendly with those that are in attendance of such parties without being involved in the "dark side" of what Epstein was up to. Andrew was UK's trade envoy representative since 2001 and part and parcel of that job, in my mind, is to schmooze. Many business deals are agreed to and signed outside of an office and on a golf course or a party.

With the "sweetheart" deal that was sealed and even the victims were not made aware of its content, most likely those that knew Epstein figured justice had been served, Epstein did his time (in a very, very cushy way) and it was what it seemed to be.

It was mentioned previously in this thread that Labor Secretary Acosta is stepping down from his role due to the Epstein scandal. Acosta was instrumental in the non-prosecution agreement drafted for Epstein (the sweetheart deal) which was ruled by a federal judge to be illegal earlier this year. Acosta defended his deal but with the new charges being filed in NY and Acosta's involvement in the Florida case becoming widespread news, he will be stepping down from his role as labor secretary. Not because of his involvement with any going ons with the victims, themselves.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tein-plea-deal

One more thing I've read is that Andrew was not named whatsoever in any of the current indictments that are pending against Jeffrey Epstein. Until that happens and there is incontrovertible proof that Andrew was mixed up with underage women, I'm not going to pass judgment on Andrew at all. One thing that has struck me though is that his ex-wife and daughters have stood firm behind Andrew and will continue to do so.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #1698  
Old 07-13-2019, 12:06 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Floodwood, United States
Posts: 64
One thing, the BRF definitely isn't alone in getting hit with the fallout from this. Both of the major political parties in the United States definitely want this to go away, as both Bill Clinton and Donald Trump have also come under fire for their ties to Epstein (in fact, there have been accusations (corroborated by witnesses in Trump's case) made over the years that Clinton and Trump were clients of Epstein's child exploitation services).
Reply With Quote
  #1699  
Old 07-13-2019, 12:35 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,428
One thing I think we need to keep in mind though that, at this time, involvement by anyone other than Epstein (who is facing these charges) is that they're all allegations at this time. Clinton is alleged to have flown on "The Lolita Express". Trump is alleged to host a party for him and Epstein and a gaggle of girls. Andrew is alleged to have close ties to Epstein. The only real incontrovertible evidence in any of the above is that there is a photograph of Andrew with his arm around a young woman. He's also been photographed with his arms around his daughters so that really doesn't *prove* anything.

Until others are named in the lawsuit and summoned or indicted, we need to be careful of pointing fingers at those that are *alleged* to have ties to Epstein's schemes.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
Reply With Quote
  #1700  
Old 07-13-2019, 01:06 AM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing I think we need to keep in mind though that, at this time, involvement by anyone other than Epstein (who is facing these charges) is that they're all allegations at this time. Clinton is alleged to have flown on "The Lolita Express". Trump is alleged to host a party for him and Epstein and a gaggle of girls. Andrew is alleged to have close ties to Epstein. The only real incontrovertible evidence in any of the above is that there is a photograph of Andrew with his arm around a young woman. He's also been photographed with his arms around his daughters so that really doesn't *prove* anything.

Until others are named in the lawsuit and summoned or indicted, we need to be careful of pointing fingers at those that are *alleged* to have ties to Epstein's schemes.
Sometimes I am shocked by the lengths people go to excuse royals, especially royal men.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abdication anastasia 2020 armstrong-jones baby names bangladesh baptism biography bridal gown brownbitcoinqueen canada carolin chittagong clarence house coronavirus cover-up dna dubai duke of sussex dutch royal family earl of snowdon emperor facts fantasy movie general news thread george vi heraldry hill historical drama history hochberg hypothetical monarchs introduction jumma kent languages list of rulers luxembourg mail mary: crown princess of denmark northern ireland norway history palestine pless popularity prince dimitri princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita princess of orange queen consort queen mathilde royal court royal dress-ups royal jewels royal spouse royalty of taiwan royal wedding royal wedding gown settings startling new evidence stuart swedish queen thailand tips tracts uae customs united kingdom united states of america von hofmannsthal


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×