The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-09-2020, 08:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post

But if you were in Andrew's position - why wouldn't you sing like a canary. I mean he has protection . It is not like this is going to ruin his reputation. Rip off the whole band aid, and get it done with.

I think we only have to take one look at what happened to Mr Epstein to see why no one would sing like a canary.

Old 06-09-2020, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I doubt Andrew knows much at all; he can be obtuse, and Epstein probably was careful around him.

I'm wondering if the investigation has stalled, and that's why they are trying to put pressure on Andrew.

Old 06-09-2020, 08:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I doubt Andrew knows much at all; he can be obtuse, and Epstein probably was careful around him.

I'm wondering if the investigation has stalled, and that's why they are trying to put pressure on Andrew.
I don't think that Epstein was particularly "careful" by what I've read about his houses with the sexually explicit decorations. But I think that Andrew doesn't "notice" a lot of things.. esp people whom he regards as lower status.. So he probably could not tell much about who associated with Epstein, because unless they were of equal status to him, or of use to him (rich contacts) he simply would not pay any heed to them. If there were young women around Andrew would not pay any attention because they were just there to supply favours to him and the other wealthy men who hung around. So he couldn't name names out of a genuine lack of information..
Old 06-09-2020, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Andrew acts like a man with something to hide. Whether he does or doesn't... who knows. I doubt we will ever really know, but so much of this could have been dealt with ages ago.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:24 AM
Serene Highness

I get the impression that Andrew may not to want to subject himself to a grilling by the US Department of Justice, not because he's worried about incriminating himself, but because he might incriminate others.

I don't know much about law, but I assume they could ask him questions about the other people involved with Epstein...the prominent and wealthy people Andrew WAS paying attention to and does know. If he betrays them, what consequences could he face from them?

I think that's why he's not speaking.

And by the way, one of those prominent people Andrew does know and has admitted to being friends with is Ghislaine Maxwell herself.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I get the impression that Andrew may not to want to subject himself to a grilling by the US Department of Justice, not because he's worried about incriminating himself, but because he might incriminate others.

I don't know much about law, but I assume they could ask him questions about the other people involved with Epstein...the prominent and wealthy people Andrew WAS paying attention to and does know. If he betrays them, what consequences could he face from them?

I think that's why he's not speaking.

And by the way, one of those prominent people Andrew does know and has admitted to being friends with is Ghislaine Maxwell herself.
Then he shoudlnt' say that he was willing to try and help the FBI.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Then he shoudlnt' say that he was willing to try and help the FBI.
I think he should have been more guarded about a lot of things he said in that interview...which is another reason maybe his legal team might not want him to be interviewed. There's such a thing as telling the truth and then such a thing as oversharing details that don't need to be shared.

In that interview, a media-savvy person would have said, "I would need to consult my legal team before I agree to anything." I think Andrew mentioned consulting with legal officials but that he was willing to speak, and that seems like a mistake now.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it is clear that Andrew and his legal team don't want him to travel to the US for him to answer questions. To be honest the more this NY State Attorney attacks Andrew personally the less likely that is to happen. I don't like Andrew at all but I can see why he and his team wouldn't trust Berman. Any meeting, even a private one, would probably be accidentally "leaked".

There is clearly something more going on and maybe Berman is trying to use Andrew "not speaking" (i.e. not travelling to the US to talk to them) as an excuse for why little progress seems to be being made. Just my opinion.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Well it would seem the Justice Department has responded to Andrew's statement.

https://twitter.com/SDNYnews/status/1270074605923958785

"Today, Prince Andrew yet again sought to falsely portray himself to the public as eager and willing to cooperate with an ongoing investigation into sex trafficking," U.S. attorney Geoffrey Berman says in a statement.

If he has offered to cooperate then he should just do it. All this back and forth is odd.
Why does it seem to me like it's Mr. Berman who doesn't want Andrew to talk at all? The more they're putting out there in the public the less likely it is that the interview will happen. Why, instead of contacting Andrew and his legal team, he's going public with that, what the hell... This whole thing is so messed up on so many levels

Also I wouldn't be surprised if Andrew's condition, that they can't agree on, is the interview being either online or done in the UK.

I literally don't have an opinion, it's like there's a 100 theories in my head and neither is more probable than the others
Old 06-09-2020, 03:44 PM
Serene Highness

My understanding of the chronology of the most recent events is as follows:
About a month ago the DOJ filed an MLA w/ the UK’s central authority pursuant to the treaty which provides for the UK’s legal system to ‘assist’ in the US’s effort to question Andrew.
A couple of days ago, the fact that the MLA was filed was leaked. We do not know who leaked the info., it could have been the US Attorney’s office or DOJ, it could have been someone at the UK’s central authority, it could have been someone on Andrew’s legal team, etc.. I can’t help but recall that the UK press has a history of bugging the phones of Royals.
In reaction to the leak Andrew’s legal team issued a statement saying he’d offered to co-operate as a witness and accusing the US attorney of seeking publicity- eg trying to frame the issue in favor of their client.
In response the US atty. said no, he’s not been willing to co-operate.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What niggles at the back of my mind is that with all this back and forth and even filing the MLA, the "leak" to the public and the statement made by Mr. Berman seems to tell me that nobody has anything on Andrew to compel him to "spill the beans". They'd like him to very, very much but unless Andrew is willing, its not going to happen and right now it sounds like Andrew is listening to his legal team. We don't know the reasons and Andrew's legal team isn't about to make Andrew's reason public.

In a way it all sounds like a little kid cajoling his mama with various different tactics to let him have candy before dinner.

Andrew may come across as a bumbling buffoon with an over inflated sense of self but that is not a crime. Epstein was a master manipulator but no one can come close to pinning that kind of a label on Andrew. Andrew would most likely see the people around him as "background filler" rather than as people he can use and abuse. It'd take a whole lot of evidence for me to put Andrew at the level of perversion that Epstein was at. At least I can look and see there is good in Andrew where there is none (in my eyes) when it comes to Jeffrey Epstein.

One fact remains clear in my head and that is it has been stated in the documentary and many other places that Epstein, being the master manipulator he's claimed to be, had quite a store of video tapes and dossiers on a lot of people should he ever need them. Kind of like security for Epstein to guarantee people kept their mouths shut. Perhaps there's something in the tapes that the Feds really want to talk to Andrew about?

Sadly, I don't think anyone will ever get the complete picture of Epstein and his circle of perversion. I do hope the victims all do get closure somehow.
Old 06-09-2020, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Some have mentioned that Andrew may be ‘afraid’ to tell what he knows (if anything) because of what happened to Epstein....Isn’t he in much more danger if he knows something he hasn’t confided to authorities? Dead men tell no tales....He’d be safer if he sang.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-09-2020, 09:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Not in that world - telling what you know is a death sentence with powerful people - if that is they way they wish to make their statement to others thinking about ratting on them.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:52 PM
Courtier

I agree with Osipi in that there might be a cache of videotapes somewhere that pose a threat to people in high places.

If Epstein taped say different former heads of state, a governor, Hollywood moguls, a prime minister, etc etc, I don't think he would make an exception for Andrew and leave him out of it.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Andrew to me seems to think he is above the law. Refusing to cooperate with the FBI seems very fishy for someone who claims he had nothing to do with the scandal.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-21-2020, 07:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Andrew to me seems to think he is above the law. Refusing to cooperate with the FBI seems very fishy for someone who claims he had nothing to do with the scandal.
Oh, I don't blame him for not cooperating with the FBI. The FBI is a US domestic law enforcement and investigative group. It would be akin to Andrew having to answer to the KGB.

Anyway, Trump may have put paid to all of that by firing Geoffrey Berman.

Andrew's patronizing and ludicrous answers during the Maitlis interview did so much harm! I think it was amusing that he thought the public would swallow his non-sweating Falklands heroism excuse, and how he had to stay at Jeffrey's for days on end to end their friendship because he himself Prince Andrew was "honourable".

That's one thing he and Sarah have in common. Underestimating other people. it might be more subtle than that; leveraging Andrew's rank and perceived wealth in combination with the underestimation of other peoples' intelligence and toleration for getting fleeced. When Charles ascends, ….well, it should be interesting.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:33 PM
Serene Highness

Trump’s firing of Berman is interesting given we know Trump had contacts w/ Epstein and w/ Andrew. Nevertheless, I’d be surprised if the investigation of possible Epstein conspirators triggered the firing. What, if anything, happens w/ the Epstein conspirators investigation going forward is an open question.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Trump’s firing of Berman is interesting given we know Trump had contacts w/ Epstein and w/ Andrew. Nevertheless, I’d be surprised if the investigation of possible Epstein conspirators triggered the firing. What, if anything, happens w/ the Epstein conspirators investigation going forward is an open question.
No, the firing had more to do with the fact that Berman was investigating Trump and his financial dealings and possible foreign governmental meddling in the US elections. Berman had already gotten convictions and guilty pleas out of (former) Trump associates for various violations including campaign financing and foreign campaign meddling. The President plans to appoint a new prosecutor who not only has never been a prosecutor in his life, but who is a well-known Trump apologist.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
No, the firing had more to do with the fact that Berman was investigating Trump and his financial dealings and possible foreign governmental meddling in the US elections. Berman had already gotten convictions and guilty pleas out of (former) Trump associates for various violations including campaign financing and foreign campaign meddling. The President plans to appoint a new prosecutor who not only has never been a prosecutor in his life, but who is a well-known Trump apologist.
I agree, that appears to be the reason, although the timing and the PR fallout from how it was handled suggests something new/sudden triggered it happening right now. At the moment Berman’s deputy will be acting, and of course the senate may not even confirm Trump’s apologist.
I assume none of this will derail the Epstein related investigation and DOJ’s MLA request to the U.K. to force Andrew to be questioned.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:37 AM
Royal Highness

This just in: Ghislaine Maxwell has been arrested by the FBI

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-aide/2495762/

This is a bigger problem for the BRF than what's going on now. Now in custody Maxwell may rat on Andrew to save herself.