The Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein Controversy 1: 2010-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go with a gut feeling here. Hiring an lawyer specializing in extradition is telling me that perhaps Andrew is nervous about something. If his cooperating with the FBI in its investigation into those that aided and abetted Epstein and providing information where he can was the gist of it all, why would he need a specialized attorney? Why is the word extradition even being floated?

As I understand it, in order for Andrew to be extradited to the US, Andrew would have to have been implicated in a crime that is recognized as such in both the US and the UK and carry a sentence of at least one year in prison.

This might not amount to much but I do get the gut feeling that Andrew is living life looking over his shoulder. Not a good way to live wondering when a brick is about to fall on one's head. He knows this isn't going away anytime soon.

Anyone who has seen Andrew's interview could see how nervous and guilty he felt. It is a little amount of pressure he might feel now compared to Epstein's victims' feelings for their lifetime and I think he fully deserves what he gets no matter if he raped Ms Guiffre or not.
I know little about religious upbringing in anglican societies or his especially (if he had it or not) but wonder if he cared a single moment considering it as a sin or only a question of morality not saying what the Lord will say?.

Anyone who has seen Andrew's interview could see how nervous and guilty he felt. It is a little amount of pressure he might feel now compared to Epstein's victims' feelings for their lifetime and I think he fully deserves what he gets no matter if he raped Ms Guiffre or not.
I know little about religious upbringing in anglican societies or his especially (if he had it or not) but wonder if he cared a single moment considering it as a sin or only a question of morality not saying what the Lord will say?.

... well I couldn't see any guilt in that interview at all - so much for anyone

... and as far as I know till know he is not found guilty by a court and till now he was not even demanded to answer questions by the police or anyone official

I can't see the reason to get a lawyer that specializes in extradition law unless the feds has something on Andrew and began the initial request for extradition and it's kept quiet. And if he didn't do anything getting this lawyer makes him look worse than that interview.

I'm going to go with a gut feeling here. Hiring an lawyer specializing in extradition is telling me that perhaps Andrew is nervous about something. If his cooperating with the FBI in its investigation into those that aided and abetted Epstein and providing information where he can was the gist of it all, why would he need a specialized attorney? Why is the word extradition even being floated?

As I understand it, in order for Andrew to be extradited to the US, Andrew would have to have been implicated in a crime that is recognized as such in both the US and the UK and carry a sentence of at least one year in prison.

This might not amount to much but I do get the gut feeling that Andrew is living life looking over his shoulder. Not a good way to live wondering when a brick is about to fall on one's head. He knows this isn't going away anytime soon.
Here’s a link to Claire Montgomery’s experience https://www.matrixlawinternational.com/lawyer/clare-montgomery-qc/
what caught my eye was that she has experience in complex international criminal cases, including during the investigation phase. I realize the tabloids jumped on the word ‘extradition’ most likely because that word suggests a lot, but she most likely was retained because of her skills in complex international criminal cases. Let’s face it, based on the interview we all saw, Andrew isn’t very clever at answering questions, I suspect his advisors were concerned that he’d make a mess of any questioning by the FBI & possibly open himself up to charges of obstructing justice or something similar if he tailored his answers to the FBI to protect his friend Ghislaine, thus the need to retain a lawyer capable of understanding the issues.

Whether someone is innocent or guilty, taking part in any criminal investigation should be done with legal counsel. To do otherwise leaves a person vulnerable to scapegoating if an investigation goes awry, navigating a complex legal system ignorantly, and potentially giving up rights which they otherwise would be entitled to.

Andrew's retention of a competent lawyer is prudent. He would be an absolute fool to do otherwise.

Andrew may have heard that other parties could be talking to authorities and hired similar counsel. I'm thinking of Ms. Maxwell.

Prince Andrew won't voluntarily cooperate in Epstein inquiry, prosecutor says

Speaking to reporters on Monday, the Manhattan US attorney Geoffrey Berman said: “Contrary to Prince Andrew’s very public offer to cooperate with our investigation into Epstein’s co-conspirators, an offer that was conveyed via press release, Prince Andrew has now completely shut the door on voluntary cooperation and our office is considering its options.”

Article here: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...y-cooperate-epstein-investigation-lawyer-says

:previous:

I wonder, if they, the Feds in NY,NY, want anybody to co-operate. I mean: One has to wonder, what might come out of the questionings. A lot of mighty men are involved into this story...

It makes me fear, Prince Andrew and his unwillingness to answer questions, will him make the scape-goat here.

I wonder, if they, the Feds in NY,NY, want anybody to co-operate. I mean: One has to wonder, what might come out of the questionings. A lot of mighty men are involved into this story...

It makes me fear, Prince Andrew and his unwillingness to answer questions, will him make the scape-goat here.

And lest we forget, there's also a very wealthy, greedy woman that is still eluding questioning and remains in hiding. On the other hand, she hasn't totally been silent either. Of course I'm talking about Ghislaine Maxwell. Thiis woman is actually suing Epstein's estate based on "promises" Jeffrey Epstein made to always and forever float her boat. I'm flabbergasted! :rolleyes:

This is a bit dated but with coronavirus, it went unnoticed by a lot of people.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/ghislaine...hreats-extensive-legal-fees/story?id=69628102

If anyone is interested, Netflix now has a docuseries out on Jeffrey Epstein called "Filthy Rich".

That link is not working....was it taken down?

LaRae

I can't get to the link but I found other links. Looks like the queen pulled the plug on Andrew for good because the Firm won't be able to distance itself from Andrew's messes this time around. This should have been the weekend for Beatrice's wedding. House York is in deep(er) disgrace.

I am unsure of this is reliable - it is from the Times but no other news agency appears to be following it.

Personally I feel that the monarchy did what any company would be - place the person on suspension until they did an investigation - so their lawyers went to America possibly spoke to the FBI saw that they had.
I also was shocked (horrified) at the blow back from this. Every single royal in Britain (and LA) has been affected by this scandal - they are all been painted with the same brush at the moment. So I would have expected a clear and blunt cut off.

There seems to be some back and forth as whether or not the Duke is cooperating with the authorities.
Until he is fully exonerated from any wrong doing this whole mess will lurk over Andrew's head.

If Andrew is so confident about his innocence, he should work on expeditiously getting his name cleared so he can carry on.

The fact that this cooperation process is long and drawn out makes me suspicious that perhaps yes the Duke has something to hide.

The Netflix documentary is very disturbing to watch. So many influential people in the US seemed to have turned a blind eye to the crimes of this awful man. So many questions left unanswered.

The Netflix documentary is very disturbing to watch. So many influential people in the US seemed to have turned a blind eye to the crimes of this awful man. So many questions left unanswered.

probably cause they were also involved....

There seems to be some back and forth as whether or not the Duke is cooperating with the authorities.
Until he is fully exonerated from any wrong doing this whole mess will lurk over Andrew's head.

If Andrew is so confident about his innocence, he should work on expeditiously getting his name cleared so he can carry on.

The fact that this cooperation process is long and drawn out makes me suspicious that perhaps yes the Duke has something to hide.

If he was confident about his innocence he should have cooperated with the FBI instead of going rogue and doing that interview thinking he can clear his name doing it that way. Then came out evidence that contradict all the things he said in that interview.

The Netflix documentary shows how truly sinister and evil Epstein and those associated with him were.

Much as I would like to rely on "innocent till proven guilty" when it comes to the Duke of York, I cannot divorce my reaction to the documentary to his circumstances. He had so many chances to admit *something* and carefully take whatever position he could. But he denied everything when I feel the truth that, at the very least, he met her is undeniable.

I am appalled and do not care to see him return to public life.

For me, its not how much Andrew knew about what was going on or even if he was a willing participant with knowing or not knowing. What matters to me is the way Andrew confronted the situation and his arrogant and entitled *attitude* that showed the world exactly what kind of a man he really is.

Its very possible, as was pointed out in the Netflix series, that with Epstein being a master manipulator able to coerce anything from anybody with his charm and his good looks and his money that Andrew was totally oblivious to what was going around him and because who he was, he was *entitled* to "special treatment" and took it all in stride as his "due".

No one, including the British Royal Family, want to be represented by a man that, without fail, goes out of his way to assert his own innocence in the way Andrew did. With arrogance, entitlement, no remorse or compassion for others and refuses to even address the *real* issues surrounding Epstein and his cohorts.

It'll be hard to find an Andrew supporter outside of Fergie and his daughters when it comes to Andrew's character and, in my eyes, The BRF and the "Firm" have made the right move.

I agree with all that. In addition it clearly shows the potential pitfalls for members of the royal family when it comes to the company they keep. They need to be especially wary of mixing with & accepting hospitality from the very wealthy.

I agree with all that. In addition it clearly shows the potential pitfalls for members of the royal family when it comes to the company they keep. They need to be especially wary of mixing with & accepting hospitality from the very wealthy.

You'd think that with all of the protection officers, staff members, advisors, etc. they would be able to easily steer clear of unsavory types and lawbreakers.

There has also been recent mention in the papers of a police file that contains the activity log for Prince Andrew's PPO on the night in question regarding Virginia Roberts in London. The police, from what I recall, have cited COVID guidelines as preventing the file from being released to some party that had been requesting the information.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...oberts-incident-lie-Sidcup-police-office.html

Perhaps senior Buckingham Palace officials know the contents of the file and are getting their ducks in a row.

Last edited:
You'd think that with all of the protection officers, staff members, advisors, etc. they would be able to easily steer clear of unsavory types and lawbreakers.
I remember a quote from an anonymous RPO speaking in 1992 about Sarah's pool-side activities: "We are here to protect their lives, not their morals." That would also cover Harry's Las Vegas hijinks, Andrew's rovings, and any other peccadilloes of their royal charges. Unless their lives were in immediate danger, the RPOs were to stay out of the way.

The only thing that I would fear for Andrew would be a suicide attempt if the accusations prove to be true. For some men they would shrug their shoulders if caught, but for someone in the royal family it might prove to be too much shame to over come.

IMO Andrew would shrug off any proof that could be produced. His ego wouldn't all him to accept such evidence, and he would behave the same as always.

There has also been recent mention in the papers of a police file that contains the activity log for Prince Andrew's PPO on the night in question regarding Virginia Roberts in London. The police, from what I recall, have cited COVID guidelines as preventing the file from being released to some party that had been requesting the information.

Perhaps senior Buckingham Palace officials know the contents of the file and are getting their ducks in a row.

They may well be. That said as far as I'm aware no one has accused the duke of doing anything illegal have they? Being a tone deaf liar yes but not actually guilty of a crime. I'm only going off what I know from the Netflix documentary. Am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom