Princess Eugenie, Jack Brooksbank and Family, Current Events 1: Oct 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if Harry didn't consult the queen she may not have been happy with it.. not because she doesn't want Eugenie to have it but because she may want to keep it free in case H does come back.. or she was annoyed at not being consulted. But I find it hard to believe that she'd say that E and Jack had to leave.. or didn't like the idea of them living close to her...
So it is odd. I suppose if they did move in and now have moved out, the most likely explanation is that they found they didn't like it for some reason or it wasn't convenient for them and now they are going to settle somewhere else..

In the event Harry (or Harry and Meghan) does come back then they'll find somewhere for him/them. It's not going to be dependent on Frogmore, especially as the couple may not have liked it very much in the first place. So she may well not have agreed with how the arrangement happened but I really don't see her saying Eugenie and Jack have to leave if they had already moved in, especially as she's due in the near future and it makes sense to be near her parents and in a bigger house than Ivy/Nott Cott.

If they did move in and are now moving out then it must have been deemed unsuitable in some way. Or perhaps there's an issue with the building like plumbing?

They must have seen it before deciding on this arrangement so suddenly deciding they don't like it would be strange. And they're used to living outside London.

I'm sure there will be more on this ongoing Saga of Frogmore later.

In the event Harry (or Harry and Meghan) does come back then they'll find somewhere for him/them. It's not going to be dependent on Frogmore, especially as the couple may not have liked it very much in the first place. So she may well not have agreed with how the arrangement happened but I really don't see her saying Eugenie and Jack have to leave if they had already moved in, especially as she's due in the near future and it makes sense to be near her parents and in a bigger house than Ivy/Nott Cott.

If they did move in and are now moving out then it must have been deemed unsuitable in some way. Or perhaps there's an issue with the building like plumbing?

They must have seen it before deciding on this arrangement so suddenly deciding they don't like it would be strange. And they're used to living outside London.

I'm sure there will be more on this ongoing Saga of Frogmore later.

I agree, I dont suppose the queen said they have to leave.. but possibly if Euge and jack were aware that the queen wasn't happy with how the arrangment had been made, they might have chosen to leave? Or they might have had a dispute with Harry and MEghan.. perhaps over rent and charges and decided to go.
Possibly they just didn't like the place when they actually moved in there, they didn't like the decor, or something?

Maybe it’s something as simple as it always was a temporary arrangement? Eugenie and Jack still work in London. Maybe they are only staying at Frogmore when needed when they are in Windsor?

Maybe their London place was being renovated and tbey didn’t want to stay with their folks while the work was being done?

The press assumed a lot of things, but they really have zero idea what’s actually going on. No one ever said Eugenie and Jack had moved in. In fact they made it clear the house was still the Sussexes UK residence. Also the words used were “Harry and Meghan opened their home.” to their cousins.

They sounds to me that they have offered their home to them whenever they might need it. Maybe they had a little staycation there? It says a lot when the article even protects itself by saying Eugenie and Jack might return to the cottage. Because they don’t want to look silly if next week they back again.

Is there confirmation that the couple have indeed moved out?

The Daily Mail has just regurgitated a story that *The Sun* has come up with. Has there been anything official?

Last edited:
AFAIK Eugenie and Jack still have Ivy Cottage in the Kensington Palace complex in London, so Frogmore is not their only home. My initial reaction was that Eugenie and Jack are going back to London, due to their work and / or that's where Eugenie's medical team / birthing location is based.

Maybe their London place was being renovated and tbey didn’t want to stay with their folks while the work was being done?

That's what I thought.
But is that was the case, why bother to move in? They could have simply stayed at Royal Lodge, as they have in the past, if it was meant to be temporary.

Now I'm thinking they just didn't like the place, or found they preferred living in London instead of Windsor.

That's what I thought.
But is that was the case, why bother to move in? They could have simply stayed at Royal Lodge, as they have in the past, if it was meant to be temporary.

Now I'm thinking they just didn't like the place, or found they preferred living in London instead of Windsor.

if they did move in I'd assume that this is what happened- that something came up that made them review their decision to live there. Perhaps they decided they'd prefer to live in London.. but I can't imagine why they would take the house if they didn't like it and want to stay. They've seen it before so it seems unlikely that the decoration etc didn't suit them..Perhaps the combination of a house that they found that they didn't like, plus perhaps they also found it difficult to be away from London, drove them to change their minds?
so I think that some kind of dispute with the Sussexes seems the most likely scenario.. Perhaps they wanted to change things in the house, and weren't allowed to. or there was some dispute over money..
Or as I've said perhaps when the story came out, if the queen hadn't been consulted, they felt that it would not be right to go on living there if she wasn't entirely happy wiht it?

Last edited:
Assuming there's any truth to The Sun's story and acknowledging we didn't have the full story previously either...

They had already seen the house before they moved in so decoration and layout shouldn't have been a problem.. I know things can feel different once you're living somewhere but it's not like they rented something they'd only seen in pictures. It is a possible though. Both of the know the area well and how far away from London it is and I'm not sure either are working in person in London itself at the moment. But being further away from friends/doctors/Bea could be a factor.

I can see them changing their minds if the Queen was very unhappy *before* they moved in, but after? If they knew she didn't approve and still moved in then they probably wouldn't suddenly move out again over that.

I can see some sort of dispute with the Sussexes over money or redecorating but these things should have been sorted out beforehand to both couples agreement.

If it was always supposed to be very short term then I expect that will "leak" to someone over the next few days.

Assuming there's any truth to The Sun's story and acknowledging we didn't have the full story previously either...

They had already seen the house before they moved in so decoration and layout shouldn't have been a problem.. I know things can feel different once you're living somewhere but it's not like they rented something they'd only seen in pictures. It is a possible though. Both of the know the area well and how far away from London it is and I'm not sure either are working in person in London itself at the moment. But being further away from friends/doctors/Bea could be a factor.

I can see them changing their minds if the Queen was very unhappy *before* they moved in, but after? If they knew she didn't approve and still moved in then they probably wouldn't suddenly move out again over that.

I can see some sort of dispute with the Sussexes over money or redecorating but these things should have been sorted out beforehand to both couples agreement.

If it was always supposed to be very short term then I expect that will "leak" to someone over the next few days.
Its possible that when they moved in, things that didn't seem so bad when they just looked at it, began to get on their nerves and perhaps they weren't allowed to make changes. Re the queen possible I suppose that they didn't realize that Granny wasn't consulted and when they did hear of this... they felt it was better to go. Possibly, to combine the 2 problems, the queen was Ok with them living there but didn't want changes made and they had things that they wanted to change...
I find it hard to think that they would sublet the house for as short a time as 6 weeks or whatever it is... If that was all they wanted it for, surely just as easy to stay with Andrew or rent a smaller place, if they only intneded to stay a few weeks?

I had just assumed they’ve moved back to Kensington temporarily to be closer to the hospital if Eugenie is due in the New Year.

Was it confirmed that they had “moved in” fully in the first place? I know that the rest of the Sussexes things were moved to California, but I can’t recall if it was said if this was going to be a permanent or semi-permanent residence for them. Could they have just been staying there temporarily while they were having renovations done or something like that?

Was it confirmed that they had “moved in” fully in the first place? I know that the rest of the Sussexes things were moved to California, but I can’t recall if it was said if this was going to be a permanent or semi-permanent residence for them. Could they have just been staying there temporarily while they were having renovations done or something like that?

Eug and Jack have a small place in KP as far as I know.. and I assume they'll move out when they have a baby... so its not that likely they would go to Windsor and then come back to the cottage in KP. I think it would be odd to use Frogmore for several weeks if they were just planning on a temporary stay... they could just as easily stay a few weeks at Royal lodge.

I wonder if the couple is not in a financial position to buy their own home?

To be honest, I didn't see why they couldn't continue to live at Ivy Cottage to big with. It has 3 bedrooms and is on the grounds of Kensington Palace that has all the amenities such as beautiful gardens, pool...etc. I can't imagine why 1 couple and a newborn would need any more space.

I know it's not the right thread but I was just wondering whether the cottage could be turned back into staff accommodation now.

I wonder where the people who lived there before went to. They may be living out of the Home Park. If they went back to Frogmore Cottage it could free up accommodation for other families.

Sounds like a win.:flowers:

Last edited:
I know it's not the right thread but I was just wondering whether the cottage could be turned back into staff accommodation now.

I wonder where the people who lived there before went to. They may be living out of the Home Park. If they went back to Frogmore Cottage it could free up accommodation for other families.

Sounds like a win.:flowers:

Perhaos it could be offered to a senior courtier at some time.

The house is under lease by the Sussexes. Unless they were released from it, its not going to be offered to a courtier. And its a bit grand for that.

I don't think this move, if its true, has anything to do with the queen. I never bought the story the queen hadn't been consulted. Even if Harry had no concern about his grandmother (which I don't believe), Eugenie would. She wasn't going to move without Granny knowing. The fact that she was living in a royal property before the move, of course the men in black knew.

Has it been confirmed they actually moved back? Were moving vans seen moving them back? Or are they just in London? With things opened back up for December perhaps they were back in the city. Eugenie and Jack both have work in the city as well as Eugenie's patronages. Heaven forbid she shop there.

If they had only moved out of Ivy for renovations, they would have simply moved to Royal Lodge. They have lived there before. And Ivy was renovated before they moved into it. It was offices for years before they took the cottage.

Sounds like a win.

Frogmore wasn't one residence. It's not a matter of moving the original person back in. It was five different apartments, that had been used as housing. Not for courtiers but as staff residence. One of the major reasons it took so much time and money to convert it to a home for the couple.

And I recall reading most of them were empty if not all, when the choice was made to give the couple Frogmore. The place had been in need of work for some time before the couple were given it.

I don't see the palace spending how much money to convert it back into flats for workers.

Last edited:
All the papers are saying that they've moved out, which seems a bit odd. It could be something perfectly simple and temporary - a problem with the heating, or the plumbing, and they've just moved out whilst it's being sorted - but it seems rather weird.

All the papers are saying that they've moved out, which seems a bit odd. It could be something perfectly simple and temporary - a problem with the heating, or the plumbing, and they've just moved out whilst it's being sorted - but it seems rather weird.

The house was done up to the nines only a couple of years ago and I presume its been maintained. How likely is it that within the few weeks they lived there, some big problem has come up?

Maybe they didn't like it? Maybe they decided it is too from London? Likely we will never know.

LaRae

Frogmore wasn't one residence. It's not a matter of moving the original person back in. It was five different apartments, that had been used as housing. Not for courtiers but as staff residence. One of the major reasons it took so much time and money to convert it to a home for the couple.

And I recall reading most of them were empty if not all, when the choice was made to give the couple Frogmore. The place had been in need of work for some time before the couple were given it.

I don't see the palace spending how much money to convert it back into flats for workers.

Yes I did know that it was five flats. I didn't know that it was empty though. It seems a waste to have it unoccupied.

As I recall it was empty and in disrepair and already on the Queens list of properties to be redone/repaired when it was offered to The Sussexes.

LaRae

In Dutch we would say:"Two flies with one swipe".
As I recall it was empty and in disrepair and already on the Queens list of properties to be redone/repaired when it was offered to The Sussexes.

LaRae

Maybe they didn't like it? Maybe they decided it is too from London? Likely we will never know.

LaRae

a bit odd. THey know how far it is from London, they know what it was like.. why move in and move out again

a bit odd. THey know how far it is from London, they know what it was like.. why move in and move out again

Assuming it is accurate ...unless they tell us (not likely) all we can so is guess. Sometimes you don't know what its like to drive that far till you have to do it daily...we drove an hour one way to work for years, no everyone wants to do that.

LaRae

Yep ...I figure they were offered a choice of 2 or 3 properties (at least) needing to be done up.

LaRae

Assuming it is accurate ...unless they tell us (not likely) all we can so is guess. Sometimes you don't know what its like to drive that far till you have to do it daily...we drove an hour one way to work for years, no everyone wants to do that.

LaRae

Very true. And traffic around London can be a nightmare of course.:eek:

Very true. And traffic around London can be a nightmare of course.:eek:

We live an hour from two large cities now, I am so glad I don't have to drive that to work, cant imagine driving in a place like London!

LaRae

All the same, you'd think they'd have taken that into consideration beforehand. Moving house is a pretty big step: surely they'd have thought it through first. Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom