Princess Eugenie, Jack Brooksbank and Family, Current Events 1: Oct 2018 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming it is accurate ...unless they tell us (not likely) all we can so is guess. Sometimes you don't know what its like to drive that far till you have to do it daily...we drove an hour one way to work for years, no everyone wants to do that.

LaRae

Eugenie has lived the better part of her life at Royal Lodge Windsor, just up the road from FC. She would know bow long it takes to get to London and back. This has to be something else.

I doubt either of them are doing much "in person" work at the moment that needs going in to central London for so it would theoretically seem the perfect time to bed down in the country near her parents and many other family members. Nor are they going to be hosting parties or meeting friends anywhere.

Whilst traffic can be a nightmare it's not a journey that is unknown to either of them. Nor is living in Windsor. This isn't some rich young couple who move to the country and find out the corner shop shuts at 6pm and the best nightlife is a pub quiz and that commuting for an hour or more sounds fine but in reality is a bitch.

I do appreciate that we don't know the circumstances of any of these moves and that you might not know that a house doesn't suit you until you live in it but it's a little mysterious at the moment even so.

Thank you for posting the original report. Apparently the move is not alleged to be permanent.
I read the original article yesterday and the sentence that you quoted was not part of the article, so it seems like The Sun reached out or were contacted and they updated the article.

When I read the article yesterday, my reaction was that since Eugenie and Jack still have Ivy Cottage (AFAIK), they may have simply took up residence in their other home for the time being.

I doubt either of them are doing much "in person" work at the moment that needs going in to central London for so it would theoretically seem the perfect time to bed down in the country near her parents and many other family members. Nor are they going to be hosting parties or meeting friends anywhere.

Whilst traffic can be a nightmare it's not a journey that is unknown to either of them. Nor is living in Windsor. This isn't some rich young couple who move to the country and find out the corner shop shuts at 6pm and the best nightlife is a pub quiz and that commuting for an hour or more sounds fine but in reality is a bitch.

I do appreciate that we don't know the circumstances of any of these moves and that you might not know that a house doesn't suit you until you live in it but it's a little mysterious at the moment even so.
Not to mention the fact that Windsor isn't really that far from London, and is accessible by train. You don't have to drive in.. and many people are wroking from home anyway at present. Probably Eugenie will take some time off work soon and will work from home...
I agree that they are hardly innocents who moved to the country and dont know what its like.. and ran off when they discovered it. They know what Windsor is like, they have family living nearby, and they're rich enough not to have to worry too much about the drawbacks of country living. So if they did intened a long term move, and then found they didn't like it, it seems very odd.. and you'd think they would have had more sense. and if it was meant to be only for a few weeks, It hardly would be worth taking over another house for that time, surely

I don't think its the travel or the noise from the aircraft at Heathrow or being in Windsor because all of that is the same for Royal Lodge which is 13 minutes away by car.

If they were 'sharing' Frogmore with H&M then they would always need another place to go so I can see that thy kept use of Ivy Cottage for times when H&M are back or when they need to stay over in London for work/events so it could just be they are back staying there for a while.

It does seem very odd because we (well the media too) are jumping to a lot of conclusions. IMO all could have been avoided if they just released a clear statement about it at the time e.g. if it was a temporary visit or long term plan.

I don't think its the travel or the noise from the aircraft at Heathrow or being in Windsor because all of that is the same for Royal Lodge which is 13 minutes away by car.

If they were 'sharing' Frogmore with H&M then they would always need another place to go so I can see that thy kept use of Ivy Cottage for times when H&M are back or when they need to stay over in London for work/events so it could just be they are back staying there for a while.

It does seem very odd because we (well the media too) are jumping to a lot of conclusions. IMO all could have been avoided if they just released a clear statement about it at the time e.g. if it was a temporary visit or long term plan.
seems a bit odd for them to have not one but two grace and favour properties...

seems a bit odd for them to have not one but two grace and favour properties...

They don't, they have one. Ivy cottage.

Frogmore still belongs to Harry and Meghan. It's their lease. They were simply borrowing it from her cousin.

As long as rent is being paid on them I don't see any reason to complain.

Yes I did know that it was five flats. I didn't know that it was empty though. It seems a waste to have it unoccupied.

The work has been paid in full by Harry and Meghan. Its their lease whether they are there one week or 12 months a year.

Its not a waste not to hand over an expensively (privately funded) renovated house to some household staff, on Meghan and Harry's dime.

Last edited:
The work has been paid in full by Harry and Meghan. Its their lease whether they are there one week or 12 months a year.

Its not a waste not to hand over an expensively (privately funded) renovated house to some household staff, on Meghan and Harry's dime.

Well it seems a waste to me but yes because of the generosity of HM it's theirs to dispose of as they wish.

Let me add my two sense here. Why they moved out again, is their business not anyone else's. I think the DM has a field day, since so many people talk about it. Why they, the DM or any of the UK posters ask them and tell the rest of us, so we all know. All this guessing is nothing else but opinion and the papers can write about it for day's.

I don't think anything is suspicious. We don't need to know and frankly it is none of our business. It really is of no concern to us what they are doing with Frogmore Cottage especially when the cost officially has nothing to do with the tax payers. No statement is needed and glad they didn't entertain that with the press.

There could be a multitude of different explanations depending on who is seeing what and reporting. It does boil down to that the general public does not need to know what is going on with private citizens.

It's a topic of interest and makes for good discussion though. With having an interest in all things royal from Anne to Zara, it's been something interesting to keep our minds occupied and get us through 2020 and everything it's brought us.

I, for one, appreciate the discussions. ?

Really Frogmore cottage should go back to the Royal Family. Harry and his family chose to leave and it should go back to the Queen.

Really Frogmore cottage should go back to the Royal Family. Harry and his family chose to leave and it should go back to the Queen.
Even with the royals it doesn't work like that. Frogmore cottage is theirs to use as they see fit (with some boundaries, of course) for as long as they've paid the rent on it.

It doesn't belong to the queen it belongs to the crown estate.

The crown estate is a business. It rents out properties to non royals as well as royals. And the same legalities that protect a commoner who leases a property from them, protects Harry and Meghan. As long as they have a lease, and the rent is paid, it is theirs to do with.

They paid a significant amount of money to renovate it. They have every right to keep it if they choose to.

I do wonder if there is a part of the lease like Andrew's on Royal Lodge. Andrew put in a lot of money on Royal Lodge, more then was required of him (why he doesnt pay an annual lease). The agreement was if he moved out in less then 25 years, he would get back a portion of the money he paid into all of the work done on the house. Because in the end it is the Crown estate, and not them, who benefits from the extensive value added to the property.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with medical appointments related to her pregnancy, closeness to hospital etc. etc. Being her first they might want to be extra careful.

There are Hospitals in the area of Windsor.

Maybe Beatrice, would like to view it!

If no one wants it, I'm happy to move in.

There are all sorts of reasons that they might prefer to be at Kensington Palace, but it seems strange that they didn't think of them 6 weeks ago.

There are all sorts of reasons that they might prefer to be at Kensington Palace, but it seems strange that they didn't think of them 6 weeks ago.

It all seems very odd... They have a house in KP, if its too small for them, they can surely get themsleves another property, rather than borrow or rent one that they end up leaving after a few weeks...

I really think it was supposed to be a long-term arrangement and then something changed. Eugenie and Jack had probably seen Frogmore Cottage before, so I doubt it was that they didn't like it. Eugenie lived most of her life in Windsor, so the distance to London was something they knew already.

It's either that something went wrong on the line Eugenie/Jack - HMQ (very doubtful) or Eugenie/Jack - Sussexes (which is more likely IMHO).

Why is it, in your opinion, more likely that something has gone wrong between Eugenie and Jack and the Sussexes. Eugenie and Harry have always been very close as cousins since childhood. They used to go clubbing together.

In fact, why should anything have gone wrong between the Brooksbanks and any of the royals? If the couple goes back to the Cottage in January as has been rumoured, will that mean, in your scenario, that the Sussexes and Brooksbanks have made up in some way after a quarrel?

The fact is that we do not know why the couple left FC. It may be something as simple as Eugenie expecting her baby in early January at a pre booked London hospital and not wanting to be caught out at Windsor if there's an early birth.

Why is it, in your opinion, more likely that something has gone wrong between Eugenie and Jack and the Sussexes. Eugenie and Harry have always been very close as cousins since childhood. They used to go clubbing together.

In fact, why should anything have gone wrong between the Brooksbanks and any of the royals? If the couple goes back to the Cottage in January as has been rumoured, will that mean, in your scenario, that the Sussexes and Brooksbanks have made up in some way after a quarrel?

The fact is that we do not know why the couple left FC. It may be something as simple as Eugenie expecting her baby in early January at a pre booked London hospital and not wanting to be caught out at Windsor if there's an early birth.
If Eug wants to have her baby in London why not stay there till she's ready to have the baby and then move? It seems a nuisance to move to a strange house and then move out again after a few weeks.

:previous:

So nice to see her with her "baby bump", as we don't see her that often these days and therefore won't see much of her pregnancy developments..?

Lovely to see her and her bump!

Interesting that the DM article says she is expected to spend her maternity leave at Frogmore:whistling:?

Princess Eugenie has posted a photo of herself and Jack on the 3rd anniversary of the announcement of their engagement.

@princesseugenie Verified
This time 3 years ago.. flashback to such a happy moment when Jack and I announced our engagement... xx #flashbackfriday
1d​

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKXKC8fleaP/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom