Princess Beatrice, Edoardo Mapelli M. and Family, Current Events 1: 2020 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I have always had a passion for architecture. Not huge on modern but I love when people restore old buildings, and changing their use.

I found Edo so interesting because of his career. And he has had some amazing projects. He has taken on a number of unique buildings to turn into housing like a brewery and bakery. He is very intelligent and articulate to listen to, whether podcast or his written interviews. He is passionate about his work, its not simply a business to him.

The criticism seems mainly on him leaving his former fiance, and the short relationship before marriage. And some accusations he may use her for her title. But he is well connected himself and has a succesful established career before he ever met her.

I still have hopes that he will build the two of them their own dream home. And will make it one of his projects. I can only imagine what he would make.

:previous:

Yes, me too. I've read a lot about architecture, furniture design, home renovation and interior design. I've also studied historic preservation and art history. Two of my all-time favorite shows on HGTV are Income Property, and the former, Divine Design.

The previous articles I posted about Edo (in the old engagement thread), went into depth about his development projects. I find him to be quite thoughtful, talented and introspective, not to mention enterprising from a young age. Of course, this view is only in relation to his professional career and public profile, since there's no way of knowing a lot about his personality and personal behavior.

I agree that Edo was already well-connected, in addition to being well-established and successful in his business prior to his engagement to Beatrice. Coming from a wealthy, titled lineage did not make Edo choose the path of simply living the life of a rich playboy. He's obviously already used his talent, education, and his upper-class connections to build his high-end property and design business. Marrying Beatrice has certainly further raised Edo's public profile, but he had already been widely written about and praised in industry publications, and in the mainstream newspapers, including The New York Times, prior to dating Beatrice. As you say, Edo seems very passionate about the work he does, and he's also creative and intelligent in his approach to design and property development.

Edo's and Beatrice's families have known each other for years. Edo is five years older than Beatrice, so although they knew each other, it makes sense that romance did not enter the picture for them until much later. Beatrice had been in a 10-year relationship with Dave Clark, while Edo was building his company and later dating and having a baby with Dara Huang. Ms. Huang is accomplished in her own right as an architect and designer:

The engagement ring Edo designed for Beatrice is so lovely, and his loving declarations upon their engagement are so romantic. It's a shame we did not get to see an insider glimpse of their low-key wedding, or the usual trappings of a more public royal wedding such as Eugenie had. Although, having a smaller, private and intimate wedding was probably refreshing for Bea & Edo, even though it was borne out of necessity for a number of reasons.

At some point, Edo probably will design a gorgeous home for himself and his wife. I suppose they are living in digs at St. James Palace for the time being?

Last edited:
:previous: As far as it was mentioned they remained in her apartments at St James. Though they spent some time with Edo's mother and stepfather in their country home during the lockdown. And some time at Royal Lodge as well.

They may be staying there for the very reason they are working on a house. If they bought something they could simply move. Building, even if simply renovating and restoring, takes time. They have the money to move out of a palace property without built in security, unlike Eugenie.

And yes Edo is older. He is 37 and she 32.

Though they likely would have moved in similar circles, they likely got to know each other through his late first stepfather Christopher Shale. Christopher was friends with Andrew and Fergie, and the whole York family attended his funeral. But yes she was involved with Dave for such a long time, and from a young age (she was 18 when it started).

As for the wedding it wasn't all covid. They had always planned on a small private wedding, having chosen the royal chapel which would not allow a massive wedding (think its 150 guests if that). They had always wanted something more low key as far as royal weddings. It just got downsized even more by the pandemic.

The ring was beautiful. I also love the touch that one of his gifts to her was having a statue made by his stepfather. Commisioning a private piece of art, especially from someone special like that, is amazing.

Last edited:
With Covid as bad as it is and the regulations, those business meetings/dinners, could be moved into a companies meeting room, with food catered in. A private place. Then the meeting can take place without the eyes and ears of press and public.

However, if it is a business meeting.....a meeting for business, why do they really need to have dinner? Why not meet, discuss and leave as soon as possible? They don’t need the dinner part at all. Not at this time of the pandemic.

Some people are not thinking or are just ignoring the facts. Then give out excuses that make no sense to many.

I am not impressed with B and E. Beatrice knows how her father has messed up many times in the past, what the fall out it is, one would think she would learn and try and avoid the same issues but I guess not. She is very much like her mom and dad.

Very disappointed...all JMOO

Ironically, if she is still using her apartment at St James' she could have had people round to the apartment without anyone being able to see given how many people go in and out of St James'.
If it wasn't a very important meeting where they had to be face to face, ther'es no need for the meeting or dinner at all.. Its possible to do most of the business meetings on Zoom now..

I think people are just so sick of lockdown that they just have to go out, and labeling the event a "business dinner" makes an excuse.
There's been quite a lot of criticism in the press about people doing this.
It's understandable, though perhaps short-sighted.

I think people are just so sick of lockdown that they just have to go out, and labeling the event a "business dinner" makes an excuse.
There's been quite a lot of criticism in the press about people doing this.
It's understandable, though perhaps short-sighted.

that's the point. Many of us are stuck at home, in poor health and rarely go out. If lockdowns are supposed to stop the virus from spreading's to the point where it overwhelms the medical services then, its there, its supposed to be obeyed and there are consequences if you dont comply with it. Yes we are all sick of lockdown.. we're sick of not getting treatment for illnesses because the medical services are tied up with Covid.. we're sick of businesses going bust.. but the rules are there...

Princess Beatrice's rep has responded to rumors that she and her husband broke COVID-19 lockdown rules for dinner out with four other people:

“This was a midweek Wednesday evening, work related, business development dinner, it was held in compliance with all government guidelines, the dinner was held in the early evening and all parties left in good time before the government curfew. "Strict masks were worn in line with the government advice."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/princess-beatrice-does-not-remember-23155744

I think this is the link you meant to post: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/princess-beatrice-denies-flouting-covid-23163684

A spokesperson for Beatrice and her husband Edoardo Mozzi said: “This was a midweek Wednesday evening, work related, business development dinner, it was held in compliance with all government guidelines, the dinner was held in the early evening and all parties left in good time before the government curfew.

[...]

Buckingham Palace declined to comment on the allegation, noting that Beatrice is “not a working member of the royal family”.

Is it a new policy that Buckingham Palace declines to comment on non-working members of the royal family?

Reactions: eya
that's the point. Many of us are stuck at home, in poor health and rarely go out. If lockdowns are supposed to stop the virus from spreading's to the point where it overwhelms the medical services then, its there, its supposed to be obeyed and there are consequences if you dont comply with it. Yes we are all sick of lockdown.. we're sick of not getting treatment for illnesses because the medical services are tied up with Covid.. we're sick of businesses going bust.. but the rules are there...

And it goes to many's view of "One rule for us and another for them"

no, lots of people break hte rules. People dont wear masks, have parties at home, large ones etc etc.....

:previous: As far as it was mentioned they remained in her apartments at St James. Though they spent some time with Edo's mother and stepfather in their country home during the lockdown. And some time at Royal Lodge as well.

They may be staying there for the very reason they are working on a house. If they bought something they could simply move. Building, even if simply renovating and restoring, takes time. They have the money to move out of a palace property without built in security, unlike Eugenie.

And yes Edo is older. He is 37 and she 32.

Though they likely would have moved in similar circles, they likely got to know each other through his late first stepfather Christopher Shale. Christopher was friends with Andrew and Fergie, and the whole York family attended his funeral. But yes she was involved with Dave for such a long time, and from a young age (she was 18 when it started).

As for the wedding it wasn't all covid. They had always planned on a small private wedding, having chosen the royal chapel which would not allow a massive wedding (think its 150 guests if that). They had always wanted something more low key as far as royal weddings. It just got downsized even more by the pandemic.

The ring was beautiful. I also love the touch that one of his gifts to her was having a statue made by his stepfather. Commissioning a private piece of art, especially from someone special like that, is amazing.

The commissioning of the statue for Beatrice is quite wonderful, and in keeping with Edo's artistic sensibilities and his devoted thoughtfulness.

There had been reports that Beatrice always wished for a smaller wedding. Still, if not for her father Andrew's dramas, he might well have gotten his way again and pulled out all the stops for a large wedding for Beatrice in the same vein as Eugenie's. I believe it was Andrew who had pushed for the full Monty for Eugenie, including carriage ride and television coverage. I don't think Eugenie necessarily cared about guest size, carriage ride and tv coverage, just mostly Andrew, and Sarah too probably.

I don't think Beatrice was planning to ever have her ceremony held at St. George's Chapel. I believe she was hoping to select a comfortably-sized venue in London with the reception at Buckingham Palace, as eventually reported. I believe the wedding venue was eventually set for St. James' Chapel Royal when it was decided to downsize and keep everything very low key due to Andrew's ongoing scandal. And then, of course, even those plans had to be called off completely due to the pandemic.

The subsequent privately held ceremony that was conducted under-the-radar at the small All Saint's Chapel on the grounds of Windsor Great Park, turned out to be delightfully refreshing. Of course, Beatrice surely wished more friends and family could have attended. Still, the privacy and intimate quality was probably welcomed by Bea & Edo. Perhaps they will still hold a larger celebration for their extended family and friends when pandemic restrictions are eased and social distancing is no longer necessary.

Princess Beatrice's rep has responded to rumors that she and her husband broke COVID-19 lockdown rules for dinner out with four other people:

“This was a midweek Wednesday evening, work related, business development dinner, it was held in compliance with all government guidelines, the dinner was held in the early evening and all parties left in good time before the government curfew. "Strict masks were worn in line with the government advice."
Isn't social distancing part of the government guidelines? If so, than the above contains at least one lie.

The restaurant was open.

Yes, that's true. But I am not sure what are you trying to communicate. That if a restaurant is open that all customers comply with all the government regulations such as being socially distanced all the time? While we have evidence that Beatrice was touching a friend almost from top to toe in one of the pictures - so with 0 cm/inch distance...

Our university is also 'open'. Nonetheless, earlier today I had to tell a group of students that they had to comply with the government regulations, such as wearing a mask (which half of them did), socially distancing (which clearly the one student sitting on another's lap didn't do - and nor did most others), and limit the group's size to 10 people (there were 15-20).

Last edited:
Yes, that's true. But I am not sure what are you trying to communicate. That if a restaurant is open that all customers comply with all the government regulations such as being socially distanced all the time? While we have evidence that Beatrice was touching a friend almost from top to toe in one of the pictures - so with 0 cm/inch distance...

Our university is also 'open'. Nonetheless, earlier today I had to tell a group of students that they had to comply with the government regulations, such as wearing a mask (which half of them did), socially distancing (which clearly the one student sitting on another's lap didn't do - and nor did most others), and limit the group's size to 10 people (there were 15-20).

Plus the fact that while eating its necessary to take off masks.. so I think that eating out is or shoudl be restricted to a few people from the same household....

Plus the fact that while eating its necessary to take off masks.. so I think that eating out is or shoudl be restricted to a few people from the same household....

True - but as I don't know the rules in Britain about eating out in restaurants (which if permitted requires removing your mask) I didn't want to make assumptions on whether that in itself should be considered 'not complying with the regulations'.

True - but as I don't know the rules in Britain about eating out in restaurants (which if permitted requires removing your mask) I didn't want to make assumptions on whether that in itself should be considered 'not complying with the regulations'.

Most restaurants have closed down again, due to the latest lockdown.. but up to a few days ago it was possible to eat out in a restaurant. However since it DOES entail removing your mask to eat, then not touching or sitting too close to your fellow diners etc would surely be a reasonable precaution to take...

You don't have to wear a mask if you're actually seated at a table, because you'll be eating and drinking!

In a "Tier 2" area, which London was at the time (it's now Tier 3), you aren't supposed to eat indoors with anyone outside your household, but there's an exception for "business meetings". I find it a bit stupid - surely a business meeting, if it really can't be held by Zoom, can be held in business premises, where there members of the public around - but, whatever, those are the rules. The question is whether a "meeting" where someone brings their partner, with whom they don't work, and people were apparently hugging afterwards, is a genuine business meeting. But it's a moot point - schmoozing up to people and taking them out to fancy restaurants is genuinely part of some businesses.

You don't have to wear a mask if you're actually seated at a table, because you'll be eating and drinking!

In a "Tier 2" area, which London was at the time (it's now Tier 3), you aren't supposed to eat indoors with anyone outside your household, but there's an exception for "business meetings". I find it a bit stupid - surely a business meeting, if it really can't be held by Zoom, can be held in business premises, where there members of the public around - but, whatever, those are the rules. The question is whether a "meeting" where someone brings their partner, with whom they don't work, and people were apparently hugging afterwards, is a genuine business meeting. But it's a moot point - schmoozing up to people and taking them out to fancy restaurants is genuinely part of some businesses.
in normal times, yes its fine to have "meetings" which are really jollies.. but the times are not normal.

Has anyone else heard that Beatrice and Edo have just moved into Nottingham Cottage?
I read that somewhere, but haven't seen any other mention.

Has anyone else heard that Beatrice and Edo have just moved into Nottingham Cottage?
I read that somewhere, but haven't seen any other mention.

Nope, and as its quite a small cottage i would have thought it isn't really suitable for them with one child already... and probably other ones in due course. SUlrey they're able to find their own house.

There's been much speculation that they have quietly moved into Nott Cott recently.
Though that hasn't been confirmed.
(It does seem rather small, considering they must also accomodate Wolfie. But perhaps it is temporary?)

I think it must be true, since so many articles have mentioned it.

There's been much speculation that they have quietly moved into Nott Cott recently.
Though that hasn't been confirmed.
(It does seem rather small, considering they must also accomodate Wolfie. But perhaps it is temporary?)

I think it must be true, since so many articles have mentioned it.

Just because there are articles mentioning it does not meant that it is necessarily true as one paper tends to pick up stories from anohter paper. At the moment there isn't much royal news and papers are probably stuck for a story.. I think that the reports that Eugenie and Jack moved into Frogmore are probalby true... and that may have sparked off a story on "where is Beatrice living".

Did anybody hear anything about Pss Beatrice and Edo? since this business dinner debacle are they even in country? hope they are alright and doing well.

I assume they're in the UK somewhere. We wouldn't really expect to see them very much or at all during lockdown (assuming they're obeying the rules). They don't do zoom engagements or are publicly active on social media like Eugenie.

The business dinner lie whilst unwise, blew over quickly so I don't think it would have chased them out of the country. They spent the first lockdown with his mother apparently and have lots of options with space.

Of course they're all right. They are rich, can manage without working or worrying about losing their homes during lockdown...

Of course they're all right. They are rich, can manage without working or worrying about losing their homes during lockdown...

Or shocker, they are working remotely like millions of people :ermm:

Both have jobs, and both have jobs that can be done some what remotely. Edo wouldnt catch much attention if he was out on the job, if Bea wasnt with him.

Unlike some royal spouses, Edo didn't live off the laurels of his parents. His wealth is self made. Not the lazy rich 'have no worries' playboy you paint.

I laugh during the pandemic and even not during it when we don't see royals 'oh but they are doing leg work. There are so many events and meetings we don't see'. When its the York girls 'oh well how lucky they are to be rich enough to be lazy'. You have to see to have proof they do something.

Or shocker, they are working remotely like millions of people :ermm:
Both have jobs, and both have jobs that can be done some what remotely. Edo wouldnt catch much attention if he was out on the job, if Bea wasnt with him.
Unlike some royal spouses, Edo didn't live off the laurels of his parents. His wealth is self made. Not the lazy rich 'have no worries' playboy you paint.
I laugh during the pandemic and even not during it when we don't see royals 'oh but they are doing leg work. There are so many events and meetings we don't see'. When its the York girls 'oh well how lucky they are to be rich enough to be lazy'. You have to see to have proof they do something.

I agree. No matter what the York sisters do or accomplish, people will always find fault when they let others slide. The old saying "children paying for the sins of the parents". Shame. I certainly can't remember many awful things these girls have done over the years especially when compared to their cousins. I personally give them a lot of credit for turning out as well behaved and kind as they are. I wish them all the happiness God grants them. JMO

Countessmeout and Winnie I agree with you. These two Pss have been slammed just for being who they are. Maybe it is envy or just plain hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom