Princess Beatrice, Edoardo Mapelli M. and Family, Current Events 1: 2020 - Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Beatrice is really serious about flying under the radar as much as possible. I'm impressed!:ohmy:

It's lovely that that the christening took place in the same chapel that Beatrice and Edo were originally set to marry.

Why was Edoardo's "defunct" comital title used in the peerage announcement.

I believe his father uses the title socially in the UK.

I believe his father uses the title socially in the UK.

The peerage article referred to Count Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi. It did mention that he does not choose to use his comital title because he is a British citizen, but the author went into great detail about Edo's links with both the Italian and British aristocracy.

The peerage article referred to Count Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi. It did mention that he does not choose to use his comital title because he is a British citizen, but the author went into great detail about Edo's links with both the Italian and British aristocracy.

The article also refers to Edo's father as Count Alessandro (Alex) Mapelli Mozzi, which, I believe, is how he is known in some social circles in the UK.

I don't see it as a big deal. The title is not legally recognized in the UK, nor in the Italian Republic, but it is nonetheless a "legitimate" title in the sense that it was bestowed on Edo's paternal family by a valid Fons Honorum, namely the Sovereign of the Kingdom of Italy at the time. So, Alex is not presenting himself as something he is not under the rules of succession that were in place when the title was created. Edo himself does not use the title (socially or otherwise) and never claimed it as far as I know.

Last edited:

Would have been good if an actual source was included.

There are multiple sources available online,

In that case, I agree with Iluvbertie that it would have been good to include them in the article.

Here is one. Are there others, or were you referring to reports about the Sun's story?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/18419193/prince-andrew-christening-doy-plate-bentley/

Why do we need multiple sources to verify the christening of this child?

It's obvious that sooner or later she would be baptized. She is in the line of Succession.

Is there a particular reason that Peerage News is not to be trusted?

The SUN article is more about taking snide digs at Sienna's grandfather than it is about the baby's christening!

Last edited:
Why do we need multiple sources to verify the christening of this child?

It's obvious that sooner or later she would be baptized. She is in the line of Succession.

Personally, I do consider the Sun article to be an adequate source because, as you stated, this is expected news. But irish_royalist responded with the statement that there were multiple sources, thus my question.

Is there a particular reason that Peerage News is not to be trusted?

No, not as far as I am aware. However, it is good practice to cite one's sources, and Peerage News has done so for many of its reports, albeit not this one. It can be a frustrating experience to read discussions on forums and social media where posters make statements without any reference to sources, as that often means one never knows whether that statement is credible or not. (Please note that I am not directing that to you, as you do provide sources, nor to Biri, as they linked to Peerage News as their source.)

Last edited:
Various different newspapers have reported on the christening, but they've all said that no photographs have been released.

This is the article in the Express:
https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...istening-edoardo-chapel-royal-st-james-palace

There isn't really anything for the papers to say. No photos have been released, and the godparents haven't been named. Beatrice and Edo are obviously keen to stay low profile.

To be fair they are not alone within the family of having a private christening with very little info released.

Congratulations to Mapelli-Mozzi family on this special milestone for Sienna.:flowers:

Princess Beatrice’s husband Edo liked the twitter post by Kensington Palace wishing Charlotte a happy birthday. He rarely likes tweets at all.

Something tells me that Princess Beatrice’s little family and William’s are quite close.

View attachment 302983

Princess Beatrice’s husband Edo liked the twitter post by Kensington Palace wishing Charlotte a happy birthday. He rarely likes tweets at all.

Something tells me that Princess Beatrice’s little family and William’s are quite close.

View attachment 302983

Edo often likes and sometimes comments on Cambridge Instagram posts.

From recent video clips Louis and Wolfie seemed to know each other so it's possible the families spend time together. I hope so, I'm close to some of my adult cousins and less so to others and I'm aware it's not always easy even without a lot of added pressure.

Tessy is indefatigable. ...on Instagram she is "Tessy de Nassau former HRH Princess de Lux" when she liked Charlotte's birthday post.:lol::whistling:

View attachment 302983

Edo often likes and sometimes comments on Cambridge Instagram posts.

From recent video clips Louis and Wolfie seemed to know each other so it's possible the families spend time together. I hope so, I'm close to some of my adult cousins and less so to others and I'm aware it's not always easy even without a lot of added pressure.

Interesting. Does he interact with social media posts from other royals (British or foreign) or royal-adjacent individuals?

He and Beatrice were invited to the wedding of Prince Nikolaos and Nina Flohr due to Edo's friendship with the bride, Nina Flohr.

In addition to following James Middleton on IG, he is apparently friendly with Pippa and her husband as well.

Pippa and James were among the guests at Edo and Beatrice's engagement party at Chiltern Firehouse.

And somehow he and Beatrice merited an invitation the wedding of Prince Napoleon in Paris before their own wedding.

My belief is that Edoardo moved in very socially exalted circles even before he married into the BRF.

Last edited:
Interesting. Does he interact with social media posts from other royals (British or foreign) or royal-adjacent individuals?

He follows and likes all the relevant BRF accounts, as you might expect among others. IIRC Sofie Louise Johansson (Cik Puan of Kelantan) liked a post of his a while ago which was interesting but I have no idea if they have ever met (she follows a few BRF related accounts).

It's clear Edo is very well connect both to UK and continental European aristocracy on all sides of his family.

They only referred to him as "Count" at the end of the article when explaining his family history. At the beginning of the article they simply used his name which puts emphasis on how he wishes to be addressed. It's not surprising that a sight that is Peerage News acknowledges titles and styles where one may apply socially.

Neither he nor his sister have ever used their titles socially (her wedding announcement is "Miss" and her father is "Count") which I do find interesting as others similarly born and raised in the UK with one or two British parents *do* use legally defunct titles.

I have no problem with his father using Count or Edo if he had used it previously but it probably did solve a small diplomatic headache that Bea wasn't going to start using Contessa as a lot of media speculated.

Yes I think Princess Beatrice has really blossomed since she married the gorgeous Edo. Sometimes it takes a real man to bring out the Best in a Woman, and vice versa.

:previous: The Mapelli-Mozzis have quickly become my favorite Couple To Watch in the BRF...surpassing both the Cambridges and the Sussexes.;)

Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi attends The Gentleman's Journal Summer Party at Chelsea Barracks on 25 May in London

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...mans-journal-picture-id1399245328?s=2048x2048
I am so enjoying seeing pictures of Edoardo and his great style of dressing. A nice casual suit with proper colored shoes and style and just the small item of old charming class of pocket "handkerchief". Yes, his parents taught him well and it shows. He never overdoes it but his clothes and personal style fit his slim physique. JMHO

I am so enjoying seeing pictures of Edoardo and his great style of dressing. A nice casual suit with proper colored shoes and style and just the small item of old charming class of pocket "handkerchief". Yes, his parents taught him well and it shows. He never overdoes it but his clothes and personal style fit his slim physique. JMHO

He is also very respectful of others, whether it be William at the Carol service or the clergy at Philips funeral. He always shows respect.

I don't think the ideal husband for their granddaughter would be someone with a child from a previous relationship... Other than that, I guess they would think his background would be an advantage for him to fit in the family.

If the BRF has adjusted their ideals enough to permit divorced people with....shall we say "complicated" pasts and family relationships to marry into their ranks, a well educated, impeccably brought up young man whose only "flaw" is an out of wedlock child shouldn't be a problem at all.

It would be different if he was a lousy parent or had a string of kids in tow.

Not the case.

Last edited:
If the BRF has adjusted their ideals enough to permit divorced people with....shall we say "complicated" pasts and family relationships to marry into their ranks, a well educated, impeccably brought up young man whose only "flaw" is an out of wedlock child shouldn't be a problem at all.

It would be different if he was a lousy parent or had a string of kids in tow.

Not the case.

Something can be accepted without thinking it is the ideal situation. The queen wasn't happy about her children's divorces either but had no choice than accept the reality at some point. However, that doesn't mean that she wouldn't have wished for those marriage to work well. That many in today's world don't seem to care as much about these things doesn't mean that a couple in their 90s would share those thoughts; especially since one of them is the head of the CoE...

So, I do think that they would have wished for a less complicated situation for their granddaughter but that doesn't mean that they didn't accept her choice of husband (and clearly, Beatrice's stepson is also accepted within the family!).

Edo comes complete with a son from a previous relationship, however, it does not seem to be a problem for anyone of great moral standing and certainly not for Beatrice and her family. When looking for an example of impeccable upbringing I would be inclined to say that you would have to go back to Queen Victoria's early reign to see a BRF member of such sterling qualities.

Beatrice is happy in having the opportunity to lavish her love on not just Edo, but Wolfie too. There is no shame and no drawback. BRF and the Aristocracy were responsible for more than a few remittance men and that was just a fact of life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom