The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-08-2021, 10:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

There are three of them on the photo, in fact

Old 08-08-2021, 11:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Edo is always so effusive and romantic on his IG. Beatrice is lucky.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 08-09-2021, 01:42 PM
Nobility

I like the casual photo.
Old 08-15-2021, 09:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Beatrice with Edo out for lunch on 13 August

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...day-lunch.html
Old 08-15-2021, 10:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's interesting to me that Edo and Beatrice are not at Balmoral with the rest of the York family.

1927-2022
Old 08-15-2021, 10:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
It's interesting to me that Edo and Beatrice are not at Balmoral with the rest of the York family.

Members of the family normally take turns at Balmoral, so they are not all at the estate at the same time. Besides, I don't know how the ongoing Covid situation is still affecting how many people can be at Balmoral with the Queen at any given time. Based on her age, Beatrice may not have been double-jabbed yet as the UK is still sticking to a eight-week interval between the first and second doses of the vaccine, I think. Could anyone comment please?
Old 08-15-2021, 11:11 AM
Royal Highness

People in their early 30s were invited for their first jabs in mid to late May, so, assuming that Beatrice and Eugenie booked appointments as soon as they were able to, they should both be fully vaccinated by now.

They're probably just staggering their visits so that they're not all there at once, partly to avoid there being too many people around and partly so that the Queen's got company at different times.

It's also possible that Beatrice doesn't want to make the long journey. The baby's due "in the autumn", which could mean late November but could also mean early September. I assume she hopes to give birth at one of the London hospitals, and Balmoral's over 500 miles away. They could rush her to Aberdeen General if need be, but I'm sure she'd rather stick to her plan!
Old 08-16-2021, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Beatrice has talked to Giovanna Fletcher for the Hellomagazine‘s Back to School digital issue:

** Pic ** hellomagazine: Princess Beatrice reveals heartwarming nickname for stepson Wolfie **

** hellomagazine: Princess Beatrice says having dyslexia is a 'gift' and any of her future children would.. **
Old 08-16-2021, 11:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Interesting that Edo is also dyslexic. Something they perhaps bonded over when they started dating?
Old 08-17-2021, 12:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

I was thinking the same. Very interesting!

1927-2022
Old 08-25-2021, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

A fantastic interview in support of a great initiative. It was given to promote the Helen Arkell dyslexia charity, of which the Princess is not only the patron but is "incredibly grateful for the work that they've done to support me in my life."

A few wonderful quotations from the interview, which will hopefully take a step in shifting the narrative.

Quote:
"Honestly, what inspired me to talk about dyslexia the way that I have, is because I really want to change the narrative around the diagnosis. Even referring to it as a diagnosis I feel does a disservice to the brilliance of some of the most fantastic minds that we have.

[...]

How do we inspire things to be done in a different way? It's not a one size, one solution fits all model. And I think that really needs to be talked about.

"I was very lucky that when I was first told that I had dyslexia, not one person around me ever made me feel like it was a 'lesser than' scenario. It was always about moving forward, it was always about what you could do. Never about what you can't.

[...]

I think that having dyslexia and reflecting on where I am right now in my career path, and also as an older person looking back, it definitely has allowed me to look at things in a new way and come up with solutions. I always describe it like being able to think in a circle. Yes, my spelling is appalling, and I wish that I could do something about that. But luckily, spellcheck has sorted that out for me."

[...]

"Homeschooling, that was definitely not my forte! Not going to lie. Sadly, I can't blame that on dyslexia. But I've felt very lucky to have had the chance to work with my bonus son (Wolfie) over the course of the school closures. It was a huge learning curve for all of us."

[...]

Giovanna: Before you were told you had dyslexia aged seven, what was that run-up in school like?

"I remember feeling really confused – an overwhelming sense of, 'Why does this all feel a little bit muddled? Why do I feel like these words on the page are just a bunch of… What is going on here? What am I expected to do with this?' Maybe it's a personality trait, but I don't like feeling muddled.

"And I think that mentality really led my parents and others on an age of discovery. I'm very lucky that I had some fantastic teachers that were aware of different diagnoses and different practices that we could work towards.

"But that feeling of confusion, feeling a little bit like you're the odd one out… I remember one teacher, I'd be looking at the words trying to formulate them in front of me, and I just looked at her with these big eyes to say, 'What am I supposed to do?' And her response was, 'The words are not written on my face.' And I'm thinking, 'Well, I don't know what they're doing on the page either!'

"I think it was quite an empowering thing actually, between the age of seven and 11, really figuring out what you could and couldn't do. I actually think it's been the making of some of my best decision-makings."

[...]

I was thinking about this as well, that if any child, any bonus son, or future babies that are on their way, are lucky enough to be diagnosed with dyslexia, I feel incredibly grateful to have tools such as the Helen Arkell Dyslexia Charity to be able to tap into, to give them that extra support. I think it's really important for every parent, that they feel they are not alone in this.

"My husband's also dyslexic so we'll see whether we're having this conversation in a couple of months' time with a new baby in the house, but I really see it as a gift. And I think life is about the moments, it's the challenges that make you.

[...]

"Young people nowadays are dealing with so much information, whether it's from social media or other platforms, that adding a dyslexic diagnosis can be a real challenge. So, if we can do even one thing to make sure that they don't feel different, that's when all the good things can really happen. We can make sure that no child feels like they are alone."
Old 08-25-2021, 11:26 AM
Member - in Memoriam

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post

A fantastic interview in support of a great initiative. It was given to promote the Helen Arkell dyslexia charity, of which the Princess is not only the patron but is "incredibly grateful for the work that they've done to support me in my life."

A few wonderful quotations from the interview, which will hopefully take a step in shifting the narrative.
Attitude is everything. I truly believe that those of us that have faced challenges in our lives and addressed them head on with the attitude of "what am I going to do about this" with a "can do" attitude find that gold at the end of the rainbow and have wonderful opportunities for growth and end up helping others along the way.
Old 08-28-2021, 06:27 PM
Royal Highness

Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi has posted on instagram wishing his older sister, Natalia a Happy 40th Birthday.
@edomapellimozzi Verified
Happy 40th Birthday 🥳 Mouse @nataliaayeomans #bigsister
4h
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTIKVjOAlql/
Old 09-09-2021, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Beatrice spotted leaving a meeting in London today

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...mp-London.html
Old 09-09-2021, 11:49 PM
Administrator

Yesterday, September 9, Princess Beatrice as Patron attended a celebration for the 10th anniversary of the Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice:

** Video **
Old 09-15-2021, 06:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Beatrice spotted out last night in Central London

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...b-Mayfair.html
Old 09-16-2021, 12:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

"We were absolutely delighted to welcome @yorkiebea to a special garden party last week to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Russell House.

She met some of our families, supporters, staff and volunteers & buried a time capsule in our garden!"

https://mobile.twitter.com/ForgetMNo...650050/photo/2

Princess Beatrice spotted a night out last night

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ow-London.html
Old 09-18-2021, 09:46 PM
Majesty

BREAKING
The Sun reports Princess Beatrice was admitted in a London hospital yesterday!
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/161777...cess-beatrice/
Old 09-18-2021, 11:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hmm...technically it isn't really Fall yet, and that is when Buckingham Palace stated that the baby was due.

Also, when Beatrice was last seen in public yesterday she didn't look like she was ready to deliver at any minute.

In any case, I am praying for a safe delivery and a happy outcome!

1927-2022
Old 09-18-2021, 11:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Hmm...technically it isn't really Fall yet, and that is when Buckingham Palace stated that the baby was due.

Also, when Beatrice was last seen in public yesterday she didn't look like she was ready to deliver at any minute.

In any case, I am praying for a safe delivery and a happy outcome!
In her mid-August interview (see above) the princess commented "we'll see whether we're having this conversation in a couple of months' time with a new baby in the house". I interpreted her comment as a due date later than mid-September but earlier than mid-October. Hopefully the hospitalization is not due to a premature delivery or a complication.