Old 09-24-2022, 01:59 PM
Courtier

Is the horse Prince Andrew is on, the same breed Queen Elizabeth rode? Thanks
Old 09-24-2022, 02:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJulie View Post
Is the horse Prince Andrew is on, the same breed Queen Elizabeth rode? Thanks
No, I think it is a horse, while the Queen rode fellponies.
But if someone knows for sure, I stand happy to be corrected
Old 09-24-2022, 06:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirilschatz View Post
No, I think it is a horse, while the Queen rode fellponies.
But if someone knows for sure, I stand happy to be corrected
I’m useless at different breeds of horse but that is definitely a horse, the Queen rode the fellponies in her old age. Andrew is far too big for them.
Old 09-24-2022, 06:59 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
No it doesn't.

Had a Regency been necessary the Regent would have been Andrew - no role for Diana in that, just as there is no role for Catherine now.
That was my understanding from page 19 of this document: https://researchbriefings.files.parl...4/CBP-9374.pdf

Unless there is a distinction between a regent and a guardian that I’m missing - it read to me that Andrew (and so on down the line of succession) would have been there as a default should William have become King as a minor after Diana’s death.
Old 09-24-2022, 09:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meee View Post
That was my understanding from page 19 of this document: https://researchbriefings.files.parl...4/CBP-9374.pdf

Unless there is a distinction between a regent and a guardian that I’m missing - it read to me that Andrew (and so on down the line of succession) would have been there as a default should William have become King as a minor after Diana’s death.
Regent - does the work of the monarch

Guardian - looks after the child and makes decisions around things like education etc

It would have been perfectly possible for the child to never even met the Regent as the Regent would have no say in the raising of the child.
Old 09-26-2022, 05:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigTree View Post
I’m useless at different breeds of horse but that is definitely a horse, the Queen rode the fellponies in her old age. Andrew is far too big for them.
the queen rode horses mostly, she may have taken to ponies when she was old and frail, but she was a small woman and not heavy. Andrew is way too big for ponies
Old 10-02-2022, 06:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duke of York spotted horseriding in Windsor on 1 October

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...in-future.html
Old 10-10-2022, 04:02 PM
Administrator

The Duke of York has been photographed while horse-riding again today, October 10:

** dm article: Prince Andrew looks carefree as he is spotted horse-riding on the Windsor Estate..**
Old 10-22-2022, 01:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Andrew as enjoy a horse riding around on the Windsor Estate today

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-Windsor.html
Old 10-30-2022, 11:27 AM
Administrator

The Duke of York was seen riding yesterday morning, October 29:

** gtresnews gallery **
Old 11-01-2022, 01:37 AM
Administrator

The Duke of York was photographed yesterday, October 31:

** dm article: Prince Andrew is all smiles as he enjoys horse ride in Windsor ..**
Old 11-08-2022, 09:43 PM
Royal Highness

Arrow

Virginia Giuffre, Prince Andrew's accuser, now admits that she may have been mistaken when she accused Alan Dershowitz. It's hard for me to understand how she could have been mistaken in this case. She never alleged that she was assaulted by someone she didn't know so she should be able to identify her attacker.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/08/n...ershowitz.html
Old 11-08-2022, 10:34 PM
Courtier

How many more “mistakes” did Virginia Giuffre make? IMO her reputation is in question, her testimony is in question. Did Prince Andrew pay because the late Queen just wanted the accusation to be over? What a mess. Not saying Prince Andrew is innocent of everything, but I do question what has happened.
Old 11-08-2022, 10:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Duke of York was photographed yesterday, October 31:

** dm article: Prince Andrew is all smiles as he enjoys horse ride in Windsor ..**

The Daily mail staff must have an idea room where a picture from a royal, any royal they dislike, gets an entire storyline beyond its meaning.

True the situation he entangled himself in is repulsive. But to be clear, in this photo he is in conversation with the person riding next to him. They snap one where he smiles, and the entire article is created like he was at that exact moment talking about the accusations.
Must be slow news week at the Daily Mail, first Tindall and now a new negative article based on a simple second where Andrew smiled at someone next to him.
Old 11-09-2022, 06:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Regent - does the work of the monarch

Guardian - looks after the child and makes decisions around things like education etc

It would have been perfectly possible for the child to never even met the Regent as the Regent would have no say in the raising of the child.
Is it possible for a Regent to also be a Guardian?
Is it required that a Guardian be a relative?
Old 11-09-2022, 07:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Is it possible for a Regent to also be a Guardian?
Is it required that a Guardian be a relative?
Yes the Regent could be a guardian but usually the reason for a regency also requiring a guardian is that the monarch is a minor in which case the guardian, isn't themselves in the line of succession and so normally isn't able to be the regent (Prince Philip was an exception of course).

In most situations where there is a minor the guardian is a relative. In the case of a minor being the monarch the guardian will usually be the other parent.

This was initially set up in 1937 so imagine that George VI died during the Blitz in late 1940 when QEII was only 14 years old The Duke of Gloucester was the next adult in the line of succession so he would have been the Regent and The Queen Mum would have remained the guardian. It wouldn't have made sense to have some stranger be the guardian when QEII had a loving mother, sister and a number of aunts, uncles and even grandparents still alive.

As things currently stand - Harry would be Regent and Catherine would be George's guardian. If whatever happened to William also killed Catherine then Harry, as the next of kin as well as the next adult in the line of succession would also become George's guardian (I know that Catherine has siblings as well but the next of kin is always the male side first ... unless the parents say otherwise in their wills ... which may happen but this is purely a theoretical discussion and I am assuming that that issue hasn't been dealt with but it may have been of course with the Middleton's being given the guardianship).
Old 11-09-2022, 08:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
...As things currently stand - Harry would be Regent and Catherine would be George's guardian. If whatever happened to William also killed Catherine then Harry, as the next of kin as well as the next adult in the line of succession would also become George's guardian...
Oh no, no and no.

I hope King Charles III amends this and somehow appoints Princess Anne or Prince Edward as the one in charge under any crisis where senior royals are gone leaving minors behind. And if absent too, I would only trust Princess Anne's children Sara or her brother Phillip as the Regent/Guardian.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo View Post
Oh no, no and no.

I hope King Charles III amends this and somehow appoints Princess Anne or Prince Edward as the one in charge under any crisis where senior royals are gone leaving minors behind. And if absent too, I would only trust Princess Anne's children Sara or her brother Phillip as the Regent/Guardian.
Anne's daughter is called Zara and her son is Peter. neither of them is anywhere likely to be regent.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Anne's daughter is called Zara and her son is Peter. neither of them is anywhere likely to be regent.
By making an amend I meant to by-pass the next of kin to the side of the family that seems to be well adjusted . So far, Edward, Princess Anne, Zara and Phillip win on that department over the Duke of York's baggage