The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2020, 12:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I can see Andrew possibly getting involved with something down the line but I seriously doubt he'll ever be a working member of the "Firm" ever again.

The monarchy in the UK and it's "Firm" serve the people and has been not only an institution that has high standards but its also an institution that has lasted over time because it is respected.

I don't believe that *anyone* really could reach the point of respecting Andrew any time soon. His family love him and support him but I believe they're astute enough to realize that through his actions, Andrew has lost the respect and trust of the nation. When people would look at him, they'd be thinking "Epstein" and out the window goes attention on whatever Andrew is trying to accomplish.

Old 10-25-2020, 03:39 AM
Royal Highness

I seems to remember something about the Prince of Wales offering him an aide to camp or military attaché role . So technically he will be supporting other royals roles to the armed forces. I really didn’t think he would even seriously consider it , so but down as rumor. Can you see it Andrew given history lessons to Kate on her new army role or Andrew helping Sophie or Edward dress for a event - don’t see it?

Old 10-25-2020, 11:46 AM
Courtier

I think that one of the reasons he is photographed in these "mundane" settings is that, because, while the pics of him behind the wheel or on horseback might not be that exciting, they show him ensconced in the trappings of royalty. Brand-new Range Rover with personalized DOY plates, bodyguards, riding HM's horse on Crown property, etc. The whole Pampered Prince image gets people riled up and drives the comments on the news sites.
Old 10-25-2020, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

The only way I can see Andrew doing 'royal' work is either to be behind the scenes either as suggested, running one of the royal estates, or finding some charity (not setting his own up as that would lead to financial intrigue) to work for behind the scenes that slowly becomes more public in knowledge. The idea of him going back to 'representing the Crown' either doing visits here in the UK or representing Crown and country overseas is just ridiculous. While HM may feel some maternal sympathy for her son I don't see her advisors or Charles and William letting it happen as it will just bring about more headaches for the RF.
Old 10-25-2020, 12:13 PM
Royal Highness

Might not be a bad idea - Prince Philip has passed on the running of the royal estates to Charles now - who has paid people doing it for him so he technically only does meetings on these. There are financial decisions which Charles can veto and such.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:39 PM
Administrator

The Duke Of York arriving at Windsor Castle yesterday, October 24:

** rex gallery **
Old 10-25-2020, 04:07 PM
Courtier

Claire'S comment make a lot of sense. It will give Andrew something to do and the POW may save his money he will get paid by his mother the Queen?. Since it belongs to the Royal Estate. This will keep PA busy, while waiting for his first Grandchild come into this world.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:54 AM
Administrator

The Duke of York was seen riding near Windsor Castle:

** rex gallery **
Old 10-29-2020, 12:24 PM
Courtier

What beautiful animals. Well at least Andrew is showing his face.
Old 11-04-2020, 09:57 AM
Administrator

On October 31 the Duke of York was seen arriving at Windsor Castle for a morning ride:

** rex gallery **
Old 11-04-2020, 12:19 PM
Courtier

Enjoying the outdoors, before the lockdown. Why is he wearing the mask while driving by himself.
Old 11-04-2020, 03:02 PM
Royal Highness

Perhaps there is security in the backseat?
Old 11-05-2020, 03:03 AM
Administrator

Or next to him, like yesterday: The Duke was seen driving and riding again yesterday, November 4:

** rex gallery **
Old 11-05-2020, 01:18 PM
Courtier

Nice of Andrew to wear a mask as the rules require. he also has someone else in the vehicle with him. They are all very active so the new lockdown puts a damper on everyone. Well at least they can go and ride.
Old 11-09-2020, 02:38 PM
Administrator

The Duke of York was seen on the grounds of Windsor Castle today:

** dm article: Prince Andrew is seen horse riding at Windsor Castle after missing his first Remembrance Sunday ..**
Old 11-14-2020, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Similar photos as on previous days - the Duke of York at Windsor today:

** dm article: Prince Andrew is spotted leaving Windsor Castle amid claims he will never will never return to life as a working royal..**
Old 11-14-2020, 04:27 PM
Courtier

Just glanced at the article from the dm about Andrew never returning to Royal Duty's. Which I feel is fine. Have no problem with that. There was also a related article which states J Epstein's victim's urge or pressure Joe Biden to investigate P Andrew more . How can he do that? he has enough mess to clear up with the FBI about his son Hunter and himself? and Ms Tara Reade. So the FBI get's told to slam Andrew, but hands of himself and his Family? I believe this is the duty of the Justice Department and no one else's, for both cases. The COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION is what it is OPNIONS nothing else. The legal Courts and the Rule of Law is what counts, nothing else does.
Old 11-14-2020, 05:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL COUNTESS View Post
Just glanced at the article from the dm about Andrew never returning to Royal Duty's. Which I feel is fine. Have no problem with that. There was also a related article which states J Epstein's victim's urge or pressure Joe Biden to investigate P Andrew more . How can he do that? he has enough mess to clear up with the FBI about his son Hunter and himself? and Ms Tara Reade. So the FBI get's told to slam Andrew, but hands of himself and his Family? I believe this is the duty of the Justice Department and no one else's, for both cases. The COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION is what it is OPNIONS nothing else. The legal Courts and the Rule of Law is what counts, nothing else does.
You are referring to a Daily Mail article where Lisa Bloom, a lawyer who represents five of the women, said she hopes the new administration will 'fully investigate' the Duke of York. "Jeffrey Epstein's victims have urged Joe Biden to pursue Prince Andrew 'more aggressively' once he is sworn in as US President."

"The victims have voiced concerns over President Donald Trump's old friendship with Epstein and his alleged 'madam' Ghislaine Maxwell had hampered any probe."

"Trump previously said of the billionaire financier: 'I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. 'It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.' The President changed tact after Epstein was arrested last year, adding: 'I had a falling out a long time ago with him. I don't think I've spoken to him in 15 years. I was not a fan of his.'"

Prince Andrew's representatives have declined to comment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ressively.html

As for the US President-elect Joe Biden, my thinking is he will have enough on his plate for a host of reasons, reigning in the currently out of control coronavirus, the US economy, federal aide packages to the American citizens currently unable to work d/t the coronavirus. Since this thread is about Prince Andrew and not Joe Biden I'll refrain from pointing out the Hunter Biden investigation turned up zero, nothing and is now a nothing burger.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ressively.html

I think this belongs in the Prince Andrew/Epstein thread. I only posted here to respond and clarify a post from REAL COUNTESS. Thank you.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't believe the Andrew/Epstein involvement rates the attention of the President of the United States (whomever he may be at the time). Its not a national concern.

Epstein is dead and Maxwell is in prison awaiting trial and prosecution next summer sometime, I believe. There's not much more that can really be done except leave it to those involved to prosecute the case as best as they can. Andrew probably won't even figure much into the Maxwell case at all. At most, he'll be referenced as a "close friend" of Maxwell's. There are no charges whatsoever pending against Andrew so why would he be involved?

I'm sure its any of the victim's legal rights to file their own suits against men that abused them but that has nothing to do with the federal case now pending against Maxwell for sex trafficking crimes.

Someone may, eventually, file a lawsuit personally against Andrew. Just as once Trump is out of office, lawsuits could be filed against him personally also.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:40 AM
Administrator

Spotted again at Windsor Castle yesterday, November 16:

** rex gallery **